This is what other company do when something get messed up even if it isn't their fault.

ShiroUmi

BDO is b2p while BnS is f2p. There is big difference over there. People expect more from a game that they had to buy in order to be able to play. I personally don't need any compensation even if they had 12-24 hours maintenance.

35 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

BDO is b2p while BnS is f2p. There is big difference over there. People expect more from a game that they had to buy in order to be able to play. I personally don't need any compensation even if they had 12-24 hours maintenance.

B2P or F2P, that isn't a legit excuse at all. If the company actually respects and appreciates their customers, they will go to no end to provide the best service/support they can to the customer and to show the appreciation. Meanwhile, so far we have yet or barely see any of such signs  from NCsoft at all. 

Yet I have to see such deeds from any F2P mmo. Might be that I play the shitty ones that don't care or they actually don't need to compensate for something that was beforehand announced in their rules. Extended maintenance is unfortunate and server fails can happen. They have all right to close the server until they fix an issue and instead of complaining for every single thing why not take walk outside. Fresh air might be good for many people here. Will people soon be demanding compensation also when they have to sleep or take toilet breaks as it will consume their gaming time or premium membership time?

If the servers go down during late evening why not go to bed early and wake up earlier to do dailies instead of sitting in forums complaining that the servers are down. Just as a friendly tip.

9 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Yet I have to see such deeds from any F2P mmo. Might be that I play the shitty ones that don't care or they actually don't need to compensate for something that was beforehand announced in their rules. Extended maintenance is unfortunate and server fails can happen. They have all right to close the server until they fix an issue and instead of complaining for every single thing why not take walk outside. Fresh air might be good for many people here. Will people soon be demanding compensation also when they have to sleep or take toilet breaks as it will consume their gaming time or premium membership time?

If the servers go down during late evening why not go to bed early and wake up earlier to do dailies instead of sitting in forums complaining that the servers are down. Just as a friendly tip.

Now you are being unreasonable there, using these "have to sleep or take toilet breaks" as your argument mean you are just arguing for the sake of arguing without a single bit of understanding, or like I would call it " white knighting". 

Nexon, a free to play company that publish even more games than NCsoft, they do compensation for whenever there is a disruption in the service time all be it DDOS attack, extended maintenance or sudden server crash...etc , there is your example. 

You can call me white knight as much as you want but it's my honest opinion that company doesn't have to compensate when they clearly state this:

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

9 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

You can call me white knight as much as you want but it's my honest opinion that company doesn't have to compensate when they clearly state this:

and NCsoft is the ONLY GAMEING COMPANY states so in their ToS ? lol

It isn't about people asking, if the company respects their user instead of chasing after the money bag, they would do it even before someone has a chance to ask lol.

Oh well ~ white knight has their mantle of mindless doll with 9999 argument points, now I know it is futile to even attempt at any reasonable argument against them. Silly me~ 

You know Luna, I would agree with you if any GM talk to us in the game/forum like a normal person. This place is desolated and Isn't a bad game you know. Just awful people making terrible decisions. I repeat: BnS Isn't a bad game but NCSoftWest is really shitting on the community.

7 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

People complain about Nexon just as much, get your greed somewhere else.

Not even Nexon makes terrible mistakes like removing the green dungeons in F8 (for the new people) or changing the system to unlock Naryu lab (24man BSH) without saying a *cricket*ing shit about this to the people.

6 minutes ago, Almerinde said:

You know Luna, I would agree with you if any GM talk to us in the game/forum like a normal person. This place is desolated and Isn't a bad game you know. Just awful people making terrible decisions. I repeat: BnS Isn't a bad game but NCSoftWest is really shitting on the community.

Not like the community is that much better though. Insults and mean comments and greedy actions are ongoing there 24/7 and that's not NCs fault but the player base.

For example players complain about prices going up or down blaming it all to the company and yet we are the ones deciding prices of items. If they want to sell item it has to be always high price or 1 copper less than the highest. Not sure how NC is guilty for the prices in market when they don't place the items there but players does.

3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Not like the community is that much better though. Insults and mean comments and greedy actions are ongoing there 24/7 and that's not NCs fault but the player base.

For example players complain about prices going up or down blaming it all to the company and yet we are the ones deciding prices of items. If they want to sell item it has to be always high price or 1 copper less than the highest. Not sure how NC is guilty for the prices in market when they don't place the items there but players does.

Of course, I can understand you about childish rants and the other stuff but...
Where is the happy support? Where is the friendly Forum mod? Where are the staff around here talking with the people? where are the changelogs for every 50mb "hotfix"?
Where is the customer service? ANy GM playing with the community, talking like a normal person and not like a robot who is paid for being a robot. Where is the passion for the game? Oh right, NCSoft+2016....
Bad move, really bad. I feel bad about the new players (Green dungeons) and other unfriendly changes. This isn't going to end well.

1 minute ago, Almerinde said:

Of course, I can understand you about childish rants and the other stuff but...
Where is the happy support? Where is the friendly Forum mod? Where are the staff around here talking with the people? where are the changelogs for every 50mb "hotfix"?
Where is the customer service? ANy GM playing with the community, talking like a normal person and not like a robot who is paid for being a robot. Where is the passion for the game? Oh right, NCSoft+2016....
Bad move, really bad. I feel bad about the new players (Green dungeons) and other unfriendly changes. This isn't going to end well.

I rarely see ingame GMs in other games than those that have maybe max 200 players. Mostly people communicate through twitter than forums so I suppose they are using social media more rather than old forum model. Our assistant producer does reply to tweets regarding BnS on his personal Twitter account.

As for the green dungeons I agree that was worst option they did. At least keeping the upgrade material dungeons (Darkglimpse, Samja and Ukaha's dungeons) wouldn't have been that much of a stress to servers, right?

2 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

2016-07-29_147655111_zpsaduph82u.jpg

It won't really matter to me much because BDO is kind of a trash tier game that only has nicer graphics. It's also a newer game with worse combat mechanics. The only thing it has going for it is superior character creation and graphics. 

But then I see that they have a management team that compensates players for lag on their side. I find myself adding another pro to the list of BDO, while adding a con to a game that (in spite of that) is still superior in just about every other department. Granted it's a big Pro on BDO's side and a major con on BnS's side.

NCsoft, Bloodlust, change that.

5 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

*Expect internet to behave themselves*

giphy.gif

That's why we got rule , police , law IRL , because some (maybe most) human can't behave themselves

GM -> Game Master / Game Moderator , their job is to ensure the game is fun , not toxic , etc other GM job

This game doesn't have active GM , ofc it toxic & problematic af

8 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

and NCsoft is the ONLY GAMEING COMPANY states so in their ToS ? lol

Tera ToS

"Service Interruptions and Changes to TERA En Masse reserves the right to interrupt all or any aspect of TERA from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that En Masse will not be liable for any interruption of TERA, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever. You acknowledge that TERA may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of En Masse, and En Masse cannot guarantee that you will be able to access TERA or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. En Masse has the right at any time for any reason or no reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect of TERA as it sees fit in its sole discretion."

They were also kind enough to put it in plain english for dummies

"We can interrupt service to TERA whenever we need to. We don't guarantee you can access the game whenever you want to."

8 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Players have a right to complain about prices going up and down when its obvious they are affected by bots or supply being limited.  NC are responsible for the what quantity of each item is dropped ingame per day.  Certain items are well known to be restricted so yes NC are guilty of limiting to push for higher prices *eg: gold sink in the game*. 

Oh, should they compensate you because your poor internet disconnected you or your area had a blackout? Really, expecting compensation, especially when its out of their control, is just plain greedy.

Your doubt and lack of faith leads you to take NCSoft for granted, despite the fact they've poured in so much time and effort into adjusting the game and listening to feedback. If you think they've done absolutely nothing, allow me to prove you wrong.

• Monthly updates.
  • Drastically lessened the amount of hackers/botters over time.
  • Announced, showcased, streamed, and hosted Q&As for upcoming content.
  • Events to help people catch-up to the game.
  • Reverted requested player's equipment to a previous stage.
  • Implemented things that aren't present even in Asia servers.
    • Kept the Siren/Pirate weapon path intact for months.
    • Slapped Asura's Brand Resist on Awakened Oathbreaker Belt
    • Modified the whole Gem Slot system to not downgrade anymore on reaching Silverfrost-tier weapon.
    • Implemented methods to obtain Hongmoon Skills through Arena and Whirlwind Valley.
    • Removed Soulstone Plains Weapon Boxes.
    • Actually increased ways to obtain Moonstones, both directly and indirectly.
      • Nerfed Soulstone Plain field mob's HP, including Terror.
      • Server Merge potentially flushing out more channels, and thus more Konta/Suljun/Grindtooth appearing. You may see this as a flaw, but at least try to have a positive outlook.
      • Added Moonstones to Mushin's Tower Floor 14 and 15.

While speaking of Nexon would you like them running Blade and Soul? Let's look at how much dedication they pour into their own games:

• Add P2W elements (e.g. Cubing in MapleStory, Reforges in Mabinogi, Break Prevention Stones in Vindictus, etc.).
  • Closed a number of games (e.g. Dungeon Fighter Online)
  • Never really implemented anything based on their playerbase's feedback.
  • Leave hackers/botters roaming about
  • Take nearly an entire year for updates (Mabinogi's last major update spanned nine months between July 2015 and April 2016)

I'll be frank, almost every issue within the game that isn't related to technical difficulties is entirely caused by the community. The whole "Moonstone issue" could have been avoided from the get-go if people took advantage of NCSoft's gifts, hell even quite literally the ENTIRE ASIAN COUNTRY doesn't have a problem with Soulstone Plains because they all agreed to split fairly between factions and mind their own business, but instead NA/EU became greedy, stubborn, and selfish and decided to misuse the gift and cause havoc among each other.

On 30-7-2016 at 7:03 AM, Lunakitty said:

For example players complain about prices going up or down blaming it all to the company and yet we are the ones deciding prices of items. If they want to sell item it has to be always high price or 1 copper less than the highest. Not sure how NC is guilty for the prices in market

Are u serieus? Ofcourse NCSoft is responsible for the prices in market, havent u seen the stinger prices drop since the new patch? Maybe it's cause people get stinger bundles from their seeds? Or maybe it's cause there are more ways to get them now?

Moonstones drops havent increased, the only way they can be obtained is with ssp/f14,15/and rng boxes. This weekend NCSoft sells them in shop, and guess what, prices dropped by almost 1g. The community doesnt make the price, the developer does. Make an item easyer to get --> Price will drop, simple as that.

And about compensation for down time, a gm blessing would be nice ofcourse, tho not necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

Moonstones drops havent increased, the only way they can be obtained is with ssp/f14,15/and rng boxes. This weekend NCSoft sells them in shop, and guess what, prices dropped by almost 1g. The community doesnt make the price, the developer does. Make an item easyer to get --> Price will drop, simple as that.

If this was completely true then they wouldn't drop from F14 and F15. The fact that they do drop there means their dropping has increased. NC can control the prices to some extent but players do make them also. People keep undercutting by alot and especially now since it is few day promotion people keep stacking up alot and trying to sell items asap. Once this is over they will rise again as this was only a promotional sale. People always need it and now it is a good way to get it and yet prices go down because so many people rush to sell them and they compete with one another to sell them. Is NC responsible for people competing and trying to sell item cheaper than others or are we players in fault here when we don't set price for item that we sell always at same price?

10 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Is NC responsible for people competing and trying to sell item cheaper than others or are we players in fault here when we don't set price for item that we sell always at same price?

No, NCSoft isnt responsible for players trying to sell them cheaper, but they ARE responsible for the high price of moonstones. If u found a lump of gold in rl, would u sell it for a low price just te be friendly? Or would u try to get the most out of it? Dont blame the community, blame the ones on top for the high prices..

Archived