Question: What Will Happen to Daily Challenges?

DomiSotto

On the experience of the other countries, what happens with the Daily Challenges as the new dungeons keeps being added?

Do they keep replacing the easy dungeons with the hard ones like they did with the Nightshade vs Nexus, or do they keep adding extra line-ups with those hard dungeons added in?

Will it be at a point when basically every day of the daily challenge includes a hard dungeon (i.e. from Yeti and above?)

The game's never given players a choice in daily challenges. It's always been complete 4 out of 4 possible dungeons.

I don't acknowledge the existence of PvP modes so those don't count, and most people don't either.

They mentioned the possibility of adding more options to the daily challenge, but I haven't heard if any decision's were final about it.  If they do add a bunch of dungeons I can't complete, then that is one less thing to worry about for me. :)

In other regions you only complete 3 out of the 5 available options for daily challenge. I hope they just add more quests to the list rather than replace since this also benefits alt characters and such.

11 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

On the experience of the other countries, what happens with the Daily Challenges as the new dungeons keeps being added?

Do they keep replacing the easy dungeons with the hard ones like they did with the Nightshade vs Nexus, or do they keep adding extra line-ups with those hard dungeons added in?

Will it be at a point when basically every day of the daily challenge includes a hard dungeon (i.e. from Yeti and above?)

Yes harder dungeons do get added into the daily challenge and certain quests are removed from it. For BnS Taiwan, previously we had some open world quests removed and Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb added to the daily challenge. Some easy dungeon like BSH and POH still remains, some blue dungeon remains as well.

This is what BnS TW have at the moment

@Kitah BnS TW still required us to finish 4 quests from the daily challenge to get completion.

6 minutes ago, vita said:

Yes harder dungeons do get added into the daily challenge and certain quests are removed from it. For BnS Taiwan, previously we had some open world quests removed and Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb added to the daily challenge. Some easy dungeon like BSH and POH still remains, some blue dungeon remains as well.

Thanks for sharing. So it goes to 7 days schedule, and a lot of new stuff is added replacing all the 24 men with 6m.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Thanks for sharing. So it goes to 7 days schedule, and a lot of new stuff is added replacing all the 24 men with 6m.

Yeap so NA would also get something similar as new contents get added.

5 hours ago, vita said:

@Kitah BnS TW still required us to finish 4 quests from the daily challenge to get completion.

Im a lot disapointed that Im still need do those Narrows and ToE -__-, it's such a waste of time

9 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

If they add the two new dungeons it will screw a lot of under geared players, which I totally expect will happen. The game severally punishes under geared players in that respect.

I'm expecting the same thing, but hoping that it won't be the case. At least for the duration of the currently on-going event, daily challenges should remain unchanged.

12 hours ago, vita said:

Ah, my brain simply forgot about Taiwan; despite the fact that seems to be the one we are mirroring closest. I do hope they just generally add more to the list in terms of harder dungeons so there is still an option. I feel there should be 6 dungeons to do. 4 needed to be completed + 1 pvp challenge.

5 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Ah, my brain simply forgot about Taiwan; despite the fact that seems to be the one we are mirroring closest. I do hope they just generally add more to the list in terms of harder dungeons so there is still an option. I feel there should be 6 dungeons to do. 4 needed to be completed + 1 pvp challenge.

I would prefer it to go down to 3, and have easy dungeons line-ups possible on most days of the week. I don't expect to be able to it it every day, but a few times a week would be nice, particularity when the PVP quest is a gear-agnostic one. 

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I would prefer it to go down to 3, and have easy dungeons line-ups possible on most days of the week. I don't expect to be able to it it every day, but a few times a week would be nice, particularity when the PVP quest is a gear-agnostic one. 

We need more incentives to do Battleground; but I still think it being in the daily challenge isn't a good one. I had 3 AFK'ers in my last party and it ruined my mood completely for then to be butchered by the other 2 as I died multiple times defending a point by myself (they didn't AFK in the homebase, but rather in trees and such and basically gave points away).

I agree. 3 would be nice to do with the limit of 5 different dungeons to do + a PVP quest. That gives us 6 options and we only need to do half. Do not put 2 24mans on one day. That isn't a good idea, and it doesn't help. I hope the new 24man gets put into the challenge though. I honestly think there should be a 24man dungeon for every day of the week as an option + 4 dungeons + a pvp quest. 

We'll just have to see how it goes.

Archived