Hosting yeti teaching runs every Sunday!

Thoron

Hello everyone , my in game name is Yuki XI, and recently I've been trying to think of ways to grow our community and help reduce the gap between the veteran and new players. One of the things causing this gap is simply knowledge about the game.

In in order to help players out I'll be hosting dungeon teaching runs. These were called "heading" runs in the other servers.

the first dungeon up will be Yeti 6 man , and here are my minimum requirements :

AP range : 415-420+

*my personal stats are ~600ap, 57% crit chance and roughly 204%ish crit dmg. So I can kinda pick some slack (I hope ) and soul burn is op.

1) Be able to use ts3/discord to at least listen in on my explanation of the mechanics.

2) be patient.

if there are any veterans that would like to help me out with this and make it a success please let me know ! Let's help out our newer players and make BNS feel like a multiplayer game.

If ur interested in learning this dungeon (no fm cheese for now unless an fm wants to learn) please leave ur character name , class and server.

I plan on hosting these every Sunday , from 12pm to 5 pm eastern and hopefully recruit others interested in teaching and drive our community forward.

i am on Poharan NA, but we can use the cross server function. 

Lastly I would like to add that I am providing the ts3 server, or we can use the Poharan discord server.

oh I forgot to mention that I specialize in Warlock ( shadow or ice spec) and Kung Fu master ( fire spec) so if u have any questions about these classes please feel free to ask me !

39 minutes ago, Jishinka said:

Thoron, thanks a lot for this!
The community needs this kind of iniciatives. Kudos for you. ^_^
(I'd join, but I need to upgrade my equipment... I'm not even in the 400s yet)

Thank you for ur support ! And get as close as you can and when you need yeti I'd be more then happy to help !

for now you could support this movement by letting ur friends know and asking them to come and sign up !

I'd like to join as well, eventually, but my main (Warlock) only hit 400 ap recently. Either way, I'm happy to see a thread like this ! (As a more experienced warlock you'll probably have to yell at me to beat my DPS rotation into shape haha x.x I tend to skillspam when I panic)

13 minutes ago, Inugami said:

I'd like to join as well, eventually, but my main (Warlock) only hit 400 ap recently. Either way, I'm happy to see a thread like this ! (As a more experienced warlock you'll probably have to yell at me to beat my DPS rotation into shape haha x.x I tend to skillspam when I panic)

Don't worry ! You must be like water, my friend !

you can directly pm me and I'll gladly help you out with ur rotation, if ur on poh it would be even better ! I'm not a drill Sargent , I am the kind but strict Sempai !

3 minutes ago, Thoron said:

Don't worry ! You must be like water, my friend !

you can directly pm me and I'll gladly help you out with ur rotation, if ur on poh it would be even better ! I'm not a drill Sargent , I am the kind but strict Sempai !

Thanks! Will do, I'm on hajoon sadly but any guidance you can give is welcome. I really enjoy learning boss mechanics and how to use my class.

13 minutes ago, Inugami said:

Thanks! Will do, I'm on hajoon sadly but any guidance you can give is welcome. I really enjoy learning boss mechanics and how to use my class.

No worries ! Just pm me what ur rotation is and what spec you use, (shadow or ice ) and I can give u advice, tools and videos to help you out :)

14 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I would love to! 

Last Spark, Iksanun, Summoner, ap 428

Excellent! I have you noted down. I'm planing to do this every Sunday ! So please let me know when ur free and ur time zone.

On Sundays I usually play in the early afternoons. I am in the Mountain Timezone, so 2 hours ahead of Eastern. 

I think it will be easier if you schedule a run at the time convenient to you, and we could sign up. Used to work wonders in the other game I play :)

10 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

On Sundays I usually play in the early afternoons. I am in the Mountain Timezone, so 2 hours ahead of Eastern. 

I think it will be easier if you schedule a run at the time convenient to you, and we could sign up. Used to work wonders in the other game I play :)

Thank you for the feed back ! This idea is new so it's still kinda rough around the edges. I added the times in eastern time with a 5 hour block, but this can change depending on demand 

Glad to see such a positive response ! We have 1 spot left for our first training block !

this is the format , I take. 3 traines , my self and one of my clan mates who I'm sure we can 2 man it if things go south.

since it's a quick dungeon I'm looking at 2-3 runs per group and u can ask as many questions as you want and we will teach you ur classes role in the dungeon.

we won't be rolling on loot.

Well, I hope you'll actually be teaching them how to do it not just saying stuff like "don't root" or "don't pin". 

I got really irritated when people told me not to stuff and wouldn't tell me why. 

And now that I'm a seasoned yeti runner, I can root as much as I want cause I know the FEW instances that you should not root and should not pin. so dumb. ._. 

Anyways, I just hope you understand every classes skill set to be able to provide the most accurate information for their specific class on yeti. 

Also, there's a lot of "preferred" tactics in yeti. 

For example: fm's and summoners usually don't party guard the party at 3rd heat yeti big jump (since this doesn't instant kill) because they save it for the cold blast that happens seconds after that freezes everyone when you don't iframe it which will insta kill.  However, some do. and leave the cold blast up to the individual player. 

As well as "wait at 33percent". <-- which would depend more on your team comp and skills. (i.e. will your fm X-3 frost party, does your bm have hm block, #assassin, can summoner iframe 5 and party seed shroud). 

Edit: I also, hope you don't baby them with iframes too much (like if your clanmate is an fm, they could literally be headless chickens and no one would die). gotta learn how to maximize their class to help the party. Not learn the basics and get carried. 

Edit again: OMG. if you're training people with multiple of the same class. Remember that there are class-wide cooldowns like your soulburn cd is on everyone else in the party (other warlocks). This is the same for assasins smoke pellet, summoner's seed shroud, and I think fm's party frost, as well as other junk. So if you have multiple summoners, you don't want them to randomly party seed shrouding, because then the other summoner cannot use it. I've encountered this a lot in newbie 6 man's. where a summoner is randomly using party seed shroud for themselves (the party is not being attacked) and now I can't party seed shroud during the jumps or party save during the cold phase. 

Also, to anyone thinking about joining. 

The average 6 man yeti is 420AP. 

Since he's op as fk. you can probably be around 380-400AP and it would still be fine. So just post and see if he'll accept. 

Anyways. Goodlucky. ^^ This sounds fun. I need someone to teach me soguns lament. but I don't even have 120per. accuracy. ;-;

This is awesome! Glad there are others that want to help the community, especially with the new patches coming out so fast, one can feel left behind. I've been teaching clan mates how to run 4man Yeti, most of them with 420+ AP. I use discord to walk/talk them through it, and the most efficient/fast way to finish the dungeon. Seeing this, encourages me to extend the invitation to others! If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to teach 4man yeti runs! I'm a BM, 554 AP with HM block. If you're interested, let me know! (send a friend request or whisper)

IGN: Yusei Haan

Server: Dochun

Clan: Blue Osirus

Yeh! This is a great idea, it's nice seeing someone in the forum actually willing to teach someone and host it.

I would like to help too but I'm only a 480ap fm a space better for others who want to learn... 

Although I have an alt, bm level 49 with 420ap and I'm feeling nervous.. when I get to 50 and try yeti, I'm not sure yet on how I would play bm there, if you have suggestion or anyone! That would help (I should re-read the guide)

I leave this here as well, maybe it will help others like it did to me. (Though mostly watched videos too)

There is no need for teaching, there are some nice people with plenty of guides and videos.

With video they have better explanation.

You can host them and mentor, fixing mistakes.

This will save you time and make runs bit smoother.

It's nice to see someone like you in this toxic community :)

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Kaid said:

There is no need for teaching, there are some nice people with plenty of guides and videos.

With video they have better explanation.

You can host them and mentor, fixing mistakes.

This will save you time and make runs bit smoother.

It's nice to see someone like you in this toxic community :)

Thank you.

But watching a video/reading guides is different from experiencing it yourself.  Best way to teach them is hands on.  One of the reasons why I never watch/read guides is because even if I do it's not the same as doing it myself since there's more pressure on the player and most of the time I end up forgetting about the guides.  But that's just me, I learn from first hand experience.

33 minutes ago, Quantum said:

But watching a video/reading guides is different from experiencing it yourself.  Best way to teach them is hands on.  One of the reasons why I never watch/read guides is because even if I do it's not the same as doing it myself since there's more pressure on the player and most of the time I end up forgetting about the guides.  But that's just me, I learn from first hand experience.

Of course, but they will have the overall idea.

Mistakes and death will happen, he need to mentor and fix their mistakes.

Video makes everything easy lol.

Anyway it's up to them, and I wish the very best and luck on their runs.

Thnx for the support !

and no worries I will make sure that hey learn it the right way, I haven't exactly decided on the format, but they are learning it vanilla.  This means stop at 33~ish % and we are all doing mushrooms. Regardless of the party comp.

And for now I will not be showing them anything fancy, at least not for the first run. I will be teaching them the basics and doing it the right way. They can evolve from there.

yes I will record these runs :)

and everyone  who wants to help out with this is more then welcome !

Im at work atm , but I'll be home soon to better set this up

This is very nice. if we were on the same server I would probably help. The community needs more like this. I generally do what i can to teach random people and discourage them away from wasting their gold or getting scammed by people. Na & Eu is very selfish and lots of backstabbing goes on. so many people have whispered me about things they thought they needed or needed to do but that info was wrong and came from people that make money off of that ignorance.

Archived