About this "required damage" on bosses to get loot...

Lemings

Is it theoretically possible for an entire group in the same area focusing the same boss monster to kill it and no one get any loot?

Say for example Attack Power 1000 is possible and there's 207 players who attacked the same monster? And that damage each player did was 1% lower than required to had "done enough damage for loot". How angry would everyone be?

Please understand the absurdity of AP 1k is just as an example, feel free to calculate exactly what AP and how many players (even if just a specific class) would do auto attack once and meet THESE conditions. I understand why they require players to do "an amount of" damage, and while i have my complaints and opinions this is something i was wondering about. Please don't take this post seriously. If you (hopefully) read to THIS text and your feeling REALLY MAD please feel free to check out better more thought out threads and thank you for your time reading mine.

psst.. Atk power of 2000 is possible.  but not in NA right now.

Anyway regarding the system.. no, the game will "rank" the dmg output.. some ppl will always able to lay more hurt than others.  It is yes.. stressful and annoying. Especially in crowded place like SSP, Beastbog (oh i think tomorrow's daily challenge would be Bay lee... it would be a clusterF..) One got credited for killing the boss BUT Not.. the drop. 

Meele class like my destroyer suffers the most D: especially with high ping and sudden freezing of the game when the clusterF begin.  When 24-man Poharan become the daily.. I wasn't able to lay enough hit.. thus failed it, twice.  Same with MM at Nightshade harbor.

honestly i really want such system to go away.. or at least they can just make things easier and drop that 1% amount to something lower or even fixed number like 2000 or 4000 dmg point.

The system is simply to avoid afk and get loot after one hit on the boss. There are never enough people on a boss to become a problem and 1% is a joke for every class. If your game frezes or so, that's not the games problem in most cases (check your hardware/software, it's 90% your fault). No one wants to carry afk people trhough dungeons but most people complain about that *** 1% and that they cannot afk to get loot.

I think it might be possible with Ri Zho the Rat. He has 800k HP and dies really fast, especially when there's 20 or so players ganging up on him.

5 minutes ago, Lemings said:

That's the thing though, people load into a dungeon and afk for the whole thing and get all the loot. SO what's the point of this system if it only applies to world bosses?

Sure some of those people aren't stuck in loading screen? Character models are fully registered before the loading meter is full.

10 hours ago, Lemings said:

That's the thing though, people load into a dungeon and afk for the whole thing and get all the loot. SO what's the point of this system if it only applies to world bosses?

You could just quit the dungeon and join a new party, if you let someone leech in a dungeon it's also your own fault. In a dungeon no one can leech unless the party lets him unlike open world/24man where you can do nothing about it.

10 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

I think it might be possible with Ri Zho the Rat. He has 800k HP and dies really fast, especially when there's 20 or so players ganging up on him.

Sure some of those people aren't stuck in loading screen? Character models are fully registered before the loading meter is full.

Even though the name does not grey out the rat gives only loot to the one who had first hit.

no one's in loading screen for more than 10min. I'm glad there's a vote to kick function, but there are also people who load into the dung, do the dung, but afk during boss fight. Though i will say this actually happens rarely enough for me that i don't notice someones doing the afk thing until after we've killed or attempted to kill the boss.

1 minute ago, RDKillerITA said:

Wait! Are you sure the rat gives loot only to the first hitting guy? I did hear it must be the last hit to get it.

Its definitely not the last. I was dead, when the others killed the rat and i got box.

On 9.5.2016 at 0:33 PM, Cor said:

You could just quit the dungeon and join a new party, if you let someone leech in a dungeon it's also your own fault. In a dungeon no one can leech unless the party lets him unlike open world/24man where you can do nothing about it.

Even though the name does not grey out the rat gives only loot to the one who had first hit.

Wait! Are you sure the rat gives loot only to the first hitting guy? I did hear it must be the last hit to get it.

They should implement a party % damage it would be more fair.

If you want to carry a mat you can or if you dealing with a leecher without kicking him it's your fault.

In SSP or Beastbog, I don't really seek party. I don't see the advantage, my output DPS is enough to get loot.

It will also benefit to melees who are tanking or grabing for the others to free DPS but don't get reward and loose DPS.

14 minutes ago, th4d said:

They should implement a party % damage it would be more fair.

Nope it wouldn`t.
Counting total group dmg for each of its  member to force ppl joining parties. It will only lead to creation of elitists groups similar to dungeon lfg.
Counting avg dmg of group for each of its member will force ppl to not join random groups because if they can get loot by themselves joining the random group would only lower their chance of getting loot.

They should make it so the top xx people get it 100% and then the rest should be calculated as a percentage based on the number of players participating in the fight (more people = less damage needed, less people = more damage needed to reach the requirement).

You don't get it or I don't express my idea correctly.

If the requierement is damage = 1% of the HP's boss.

The ouput DPS of 6 ppl in a party will reach the number more effiently.

The goal is not to calculate an average DPS but to add them and see if the party meet the requierement. So all the party member will get the loot not only the one that reach 1% HP's boss damage. It won't create an elitist group or whatever.

So alone if you can get the loot you can carry a friend. And melees tanking won't suffer penalty doing stuff to make life easier for others.

So create a party have the meaning to help each other, not just sitting here to get the counter of X mobs killed grow faster then leave the party.

I don't know how my forum thread was deterred to this subject of some Rat boss, but my thread is meant to discuss the hypothetical probability of a large group of people doing one auto attack killing the "world boss" and no one getting any loot.

The only thing i could understand is if that required damage can be met through party effort for that party.

Use "Attack landing counts", if the player's attack landing counts meet certain amount of the 70% or reasonable% of the total attack landing counts (total count that the players who had attack the boss) get the loot :)

Archived