Soul Fighter Event

Biskits

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if someone has made a thread about this already, so sorry if it was. Anyways, I know NCWest has not given us a date on when Soul Fighter will be coming, but we know it's coming soon. Most are hoping for around some time in May. On a different note, I would at least like to know if we will be getting the event the other servers had where they were able to start at level 45 if they already had a Level 45 character among their character list. Honestly It would be the best route to go for releasing Soul Fighter for us considering how far we are getting in content, and the time it will take to get from 1-50 plus HM levels would take to much. Especially since people don't like running with Low HM level people even if they have good AP. I hope that a GM can at least be able to confirm the event because I feel it'll encourage more people to make a new character being they'll be able to start at level 45. I would love to know so I can fully decide if I want to continue saving and gathering Mats to trade over to my Soul Fighter when it comes out. Maybe if we make it known more so to NCWest that we want this event we'll get it. All we can do is hope.

Happy Gaming :D !

Nope, they rushed the levels to force people to level up, Warlock had to level up, so Soul Fighter can get stuck getting materials for 3 months in Moonwater like every other class. If you don't like that you can always spend a few thousand $$$$ to buy gold on the currency exchange, and no life the game until you get the materials that cannot e bought or upgrading equipment.

If they jsut start handing out free levels for any class, they might as well hand out a few full stacks of soulstones to all players screwed over and left behind in Moonwater that ae strugling while they have released 3 Silverfrost updates now.

You can struggle with the Soul Fighter like everyone else has had to do.

There are also guides on Youtube to get from beginning of game to level 45 in like 16 hours, so you can jsut grind it with a Soul Fighter like EVERY other player of EVERY other class has had to do.

I'm basing this off of what the other servers did, I know the struggle of leveling 1-45 and 1-50.  I went through the struggle of leveling up traditionally with doing regular missions, and side quest, and the Grinding method of farming adds in certain intervals. And at the time where all you had to do was get from 1-45 it wasn't too hard because the end game content was right there after you reached level 45 and you could quickly jump into it, like doing 24-man BSH and Poh. Warlock was blessed to be released at that time where you could jump right in the 24-mans. Now Soul Fighters are going to be in a different zone because of the fact that we are at level 50, and Level 10 HM. Plus the fact that the have just released Legendary weapons so everyone is trying to do end-game content. Now, I feel it would make everyone's life easier if they were able to start at level 45 IF they already have a level 45+ Character in the Character list. Plus I don't think you realize that that 16 Hour thing isn't as nice as it might seem. It is literally a grind, and can be extremely difficult for some classes to pull off. Try and put yourself in someone else shoes and think about this situation.

The problem is why should Soul Fighter get special treatment because Asia? This aint Asia!

unless they are going to GIVE those struggling in the empty Moonwater areas EVERYTHING they need to upgrade their gear to move on to  Silverfrost, then Soul Fighter will be in even MORE dead areas as more people will quit playing.

E Fleet and Nightshade can't be done solo, and BSC/BSH are only accessible through x-server. Of Course Naryu Lab can't be solo also and again x-server only. Forget EVER getting parts from the terrors for a soul, your new Soul Fighter will probably be locked out of the full faction and have to join the other dead faction of the server and you going to solo Vermilion or Sapphire alone in the Talus Forward Base?

If they hand out the level and not the gear, that is probably the only way many would accept it but then what is the point of handing out the level if you still have to go through the quests to get the gear?

I get what you are saying and agree it maybe should be done that way that matches Asia markets, but remember, Asia markets had 3 years before Silverfrost came out to be ready to go to it, not just 3 months. Sorry but Soul Fighter can grind like everyone else or they are just saying everyone playing for the storyline and for PVE is worthless which would add insult to injury of the stupidly fast release schedule that has made this game pay-to-play, not free to play.

I do predict after the leveling event going on now on the 11th or 12th, whatever it is, the Soul Fighter will come out that same day without any warning for people just like the Warlock did.

I hear that the other servers that did a level jump event immediately jumped the character's gear to a certain level. We don't know for sure what will happen here so any speculation on what WILL or WILL NOT happen is just that, speculation.  

32 minutes ago, Rinehart said:

I hear that the other servers that did a level jump event immediately jumped the character's gear to a certain level. We don't know for sure what will happen here so any speculation on what WILL or WILL NOT happen is just that, speculation.  

Hey all our playes have been grinding and strugling through for months to keep up with the updates we rush out a new patch every 36 hours, lets give some new players all their gear and levels for free!

This would be a public relations nightmare and pretty much the end of over half the servers on the game. The Warlock event didn't require your character to be a warlock, only a character to get from level 10 to 45 within the 3 weeks. (I missed its deadline) but was able to get a warlock from Level 0 at  Heaven's Reach being woke up and meeting Lusang for the first time to level 46 in a week, after the event ended

IF the game had been out as lon as in Asia and NA/EU players had 4 years to grind contetnt , 3 years before Silverfrost release, so that low and mid level areas were populated enough so people could do things,  then it might be different, but as it stands, the rush of content all the people that CAN have moved on.

Imagine if you will someone been playing for a month and then Soul Fighter comes out and gets higher level and better gear than they do, no matter if the other player is no-lifer or casual?

I get it for Asian markets that had years, but again I have said in several places, the rush of 1 years worth of content per month just to get NA/EU patches on level with everyone else for some World's Tournament thing, doesn't work when you don't have those years worth of materials and upgrade time. We will have had 4 months to what Asia had 48 months to do, but we don't get increased drops by 1200% to compensate for the lack of time to do things.

The NA/EU team surely hasnt had 48 months to work out the kinks in th forums filled with bot spam each day, friends requests flooded with gold selling bots, all forms of chat in every area imagineable flooded with gold selling spam.

we really need daily timers to reset every 2 hours to be able to have been on par with Asia if they were going to increase the drops by 12 times, the could have at least increased the clock as it were for the game so that people could TRY to catch up.

Oh, ad watch when Soul Fighter does come out next.. well THIS month now, HM level 11~15 will lso come out. Why else would they have a level boosting event right now?

Seriously as time progresses these rushed releases of content are about the worse thing that has happened to gaming since EA (Electronics Arts) was founded.

Like players in cross sever dungeons, I say to NCWest/NCSoft SLOW DOWN, and enjoy the game a bit more instead of trying to rush everything; remember "haste makes waste".

1 minute ago, Shadzar said:

Hey all our playes have been grinding and strugling through for months to keep up with the updates we rush out a new patch every 36 hours, lets give some new players all their gear and levels for free!

This would be a public relations nightmare and pretty much the end of over half the servers on the game. The Warlock event didn't require your character to be a warlock, only a character to get from level 10 to 45 within the 3 weeks. (I missed its deadline) but was able to get a warlock from Level 0 at  Heaven's Reach being woke up and meeting Lusang for the first time to level 46 in a week, after the event ended

IF the game had been out as lon as in Asia and NA/EU players had 4 years to grind contetnt , 3 years before Silverfrost release, so that low and mid level areas were populated enough so people could do things,  then it might be different, but as it stands, the rush of content all the people that CAN have moved on.

Imagine if you will someone been playing for a month and then Soul Fighter comes out and gets higher level and better gear than they do, no matter if the other player is no-lifer or casual?

I honestly don't mind this... As someone who has played since the game opened for non-founders and has a main at True Pirate and Awk Oathbreaker Accesories.  I know the pain of grinding through the story and whatnot and afaik, the other regions have had it so that it required you to at least have a lvl 45 character already.

I get it for Asian markets that had years, but again I have said in several places, the rush of 1 years worth of content per month just to get NA/EU patches on level with everyone else for some World's Tournament thing, doesn't work when you don't have those years worth of materials and upgrade time. We will have had 4 months to what Asia had 48 months to do, but we don't get increased drops by 1200% to compensate for the lack of time to do things.

This certainly makes sense but no one is telling you to immediately get geared enough for the most current endgame content.

The NA/EU team surely hasnt had 48 months to work out the kinks in th forums filled with bot spam each day, friends requests flooded with gold selling bots, all forms of chat in every area imagineable flooded with gold selling spam.

we really need daily timers to reset every 2 hours to be able to have been on par with Asia if they were going to increase the drops by 12 times, the could have at least increased the clock as it were for the game so that people could TRY to catch up.

No we don't.  Content release speed =/= suggested player progression speed.

Oh, ad watch when Soul Fighter does come out next.. well THIS month now, HM level 11~15 will lso come out. Why else would they have a level boosting event right now?

So be it. 

Seriously as time progresses these rushed releases of content are about the worse thing that has happened to gaming since EA (Electronics Arts) was founded.

Why? Because you can't be the strongest you can possibly be before the next patch?

Like players in cross sever dungeons, I say to NCWest/NCSoft SLOW DOWN, and enjoy the game a bit more instead of trying to rush everything; remember "haste makes waste".

Not everyone is rushing the content. Join the people who are taking it at their own pace instead of the ones in xserver asking for 650+ AP Asura parties.

Responded to some points in italics.  As for some of the rest of your points, it is all speculation.  I'm simply re-iterating what I heard happened in other regions which means that it is a POSSIBILITY to happen here.  There is no point in saying something definitely will or definitely will not happen and we all already know why this version is being rushed.  Whether or not it was actually a good idea isn't up to us to determine (meaning we have no way to get them to slow down the content release).  It will slow down but until it does... just enjoy the content at your own pace.

To be honest, I don't care if we get the insta 45 level or not, because I wanted to main this class since january, so as soon as we got silverfrost patch, I started to farm everything for my soul fighter. By now I have 1k+ gold and all the materials needed to go to true breeze. My FM now is at true pirate, but I honestly don't need more gear right now, since I'm facerolling all the dungeons except asura, but I don't care too much about that one. Just farm before it comes out. If you can't wait for it and you wanna continue upgrading your gear right now, thats your fault.

7 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Nope, they rushed the levels to force people to level up, Warlock had to level up, so Soul Fighter can get stuck getting materials for 3 months in Moonwater like every other class. If you don't like that you can always spend a few thousand $$$$ to buy gold on the currency exchange, and no life the game until you get the materials that cannot e bought or upgrading equipment.

If they jsut start handing out free levels for any class, they might as well hand out a few full stacks of soulstones to all players screwed over and left behind in Moonwater that ae strugling while they have released 3 Silverfrost updates now.

You can struggle with the Soul Fighter like everyone else has had to do.

There are also guides on Youtube to get from beginning of game to level 45 in like 16 hours, so you can jsut grind it with a Soul Fighter like EVERY other player of EVERY other class has had to do.

Sorry but your butthurt "you can struggle with SF" stance is false. The event is already in the client along with the class and its weapon lol. The event WILL happen on NA as it did on other regions. No matter how butthurt you act or dont want it, its coming =P

as good as it would be for current players is as bad as it could be for new players.

even on high pop servers the low level zones are mostly empty (no bots don't count).

the game still has new players incoming (and will have for some time ).

would be dumb for ncwest not to use a class release (on a new game -6 months is still new for a mmo ) to help out new players and make them fell they are not alone in the game world.

When Chi master comes, im sure some people will return to level it up. I will delete a character now just incase we dont get extra character slots. Im not playing all 8 of them anyway :D

7 minutes ago, Bardo said:

When Chi master comes, im sure some people will return to level it up. I will delete a character now just incase we dont get extra character slots. Im not playing all 8 of them anyway :D

they will always add a free slot when new classes come out.

10 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

they will always add a free slot when new classes come out.

Yea people have been saying that. Im just doing it to be 100% sure that i can make one on release day.

25 minutes ago, Bardo said:

Yea people have been saying that. Im just doing it to be 100% sure that i can make one on release day.

...it happened on every other region and the community managers & babletron confirmed multiple times we will lol but ok : P

LOL Really? Someone asks about a level up event and all the salty kids come out qqing about Chi Master being the 'special child' cos of a level up event? And no, some of my characters are in Cinderlands still so I'm not laughing because I don't need to care I'm laughing because you guys care so much.

Personally, I would rather see us having to level up the Chi Master and again, for those that have no desire to play Chi Master at all but still have characters to level up get the same kind of incentives again. It'll make the game feel populated again below Moonwater Plains even just for a little bit AND actually benefit us more than auto lvl 45. I would also hope that having to level the Chi Master would bring back some kind of community to this mmo. You might get to make new friends on your level up journey, have a great time levelling and learning a new class (if you haven't played it on other servers) and get away from all the end game bullshit for a little while. 

Chi Master definitely needs a hand as it's at a handicap coming into such a fast paced releasing game however devs should have thought about that before bringing out Treasure Trove and this levelling XP event BEFORE Chi Master. Chi Master event for however long warlock was > Levelling XP event for hongmoon levels > Treasure Trove for a gearing up helping hand. And all these things wouldn't have just benefited Chi Master (it's still not the special child).

OK so same happened in one of the streams when someone said in other regions they help the players to catch up on Hongmoon levels and the obvious answer from Jonathan was that it's a completely different context. They are getting help because the game has been going for years and they already have hm lvl 20.

Our version is way too fresh and has not even been out for a year yet, there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to help on leveling, it doesn't matter if it's a new class, other regions got it because the game was out for quite some time.

Now, I would totally like another leveling event like the warlock one when soul fighter comes out, specially if we also get as reward that amazing costume that was released with that class. Me wants!!!

imho, if this event is Restricted Purely to SOul fighter, I would be irritated, if its Open to ANY Class getting u a free reroll to any class as a Alt with some Instant armour, i'd be very for it.

I don't understand people who are screaming "omg, if they do this I will leave, half my game will leave, cause that's disrespectful to those who've already farmed so much and had to do all this themselves"... why does it really matter, they'll prolly get true profane.. with a 45, its not like ANYTHING to that point was a grind, if u really wanted to, u can level a char to 45 within 16hours, if you really wanted to, u could buy like 1000 NC coins and buy enough gold to get ur self there.. its what?... 15gold to get there total?...

honestly, it REALLY Has 0 "awesomeness" behind it. u people are forgetting Yes, Game existed in other Regions ALOT longer then here before chi master came, however, We have the EXACT Same upgrade requirements they had when it was released, they're going to be 0 while Everyones on true breeze weapons, like honestly, It has those 4 years odd of Grind in the game Already that ALOT of players have already finished, the game May aswell be 4 years old cause that's the game were playing.. stop acting like a release date honestly matters when they're accelerating through content like they are.

No Chi master is not a Special child, but if Everyone gets this same opportunity to do this with ANY Class of their choice, I don't see harm.

this game isn't alt friendly at all and it Punishs you for rerolling, I don't see why a 45 in profane will matter.

Archived