Yeti 4 man Red Warning Circles

Maeyamada

Please put the red circles in for the falling ice. There is no way to tell where its going to fall and I always get hit and frozen by them. Really big problem for the tank especially if he decides to slam right as you get out of the ice. It's like playing BSH 4 man and having no red circles for the lightning phase. 

So what if the tank gets frozen, its not the end of the world.  They don't even come close to one-shotting people and add a random, minor element to the fight.  I see no problem with them.  The BSH blasts were different cause they stunned and cause you to get chained by the next blast if you can't escape out of them.

I actually use that ice to tank better, meaning I don't get any damage while frozen. Just spam whatever defensive skill you have when it ends. I never found this being an issue. Also, I personally don't like the red/orange shapes on the ground, I rather look at the boss' movements.

That's why 6 man is there for a reason. To learn the mechanics before attempting 4 man until you fully know the mechs from inside and out.

I honestly never tried the lv50 purple dungeons. but someday i will. I`m just waiting for the patch to come so i can continue on the main story xD

On 4/7/2016 at 11:50 PM, SkoobyDoo said:

i think the is animation before they land of the floor is it not?

I think OPs problem is that they don't land in the same spot - so, while you do know that they're coming, you don't know where.

I kind of like it though... things don't always go optimally in fights, the party should be able to adapt.

13 hours ago, Lurkios said:

I think OPs problem is that they don't land in the same spot - so, while you do know that they're coming, you don't know where.

I kind of like it though... things don't always go optimally in fights, the party should be able to adapt.

ofc they dont land on same spot,that dont mean there is no animation before they land because there is ice cicle around the area they drop 1 sec before they do.you can avoid it easy.

the way we do it is simple stop the dmg around 31-32% and move to mushrooms.when fields start to drop ( they never drop on mushrooms) you have already killed all shrums and simple bomb them.then you keep dps.i find this the most easy to avoid any extra dmg or complication.

The easiest way is to have FM that protect the group from all slams and people just dps the boss.In this case with FM you don't have to slow down your dps or to kill mushroom or to step in ice.

Thing is as ranged I always dps from 16m and there ice circles don't spawn.Eventually I`ll have to 1-2 shot a mushroom but thats it.

You WANT to get frozen though (not necessarily hit by the icicles on their way down, but you certainly want to go into the ice pool to get frozen and remove it). If you get frozen as soon as they're on the ground, you will get out before he does his AoE freezes. And the reason you want to get rid of the ice pools is to prevent him from doing extra AoE freeze slams after the roar (he does one extra AoE freeze for each ice pool he absorbed).

2 hours ago, Zeykes said:

You WANT to get frozen though (not necessarily hit by the icicles on their way down, but you certainly want to go into the ice pool to get frozen and remove it). If you get frozen as soon as they're on the ground, you will get out before he does his AoE freezes. And the reason you want to get rid of the ice pools is to prevent him from doing extra AoE freeze slams after the roar (he does one extra AoE freeze for each ice pool he absorbed).

If there is decent FM why would you ever want to step in ice? IT slow down the run just.

19 hours ago, Teffy said:

If there is decent FM why would you ever want to step in ice? IT slow down the run just.

How is that decent FM supposed to protect group from 9 freeze AoEs? The frost sheath lasts for 3 seconds (3 AoEs) and than what?

Why should I even explain you? Lets just say if  FM is not stupid he can protect from all 8.I do it and I know some who do it and I bet there is good enough number of FM's around who do it as well.

2 hours ago, Teffy said:

Why should I even explain you?

Because burden of proof is on the one making the argument. In this case, you.

Besides, wouldn't really hurt to actually explain instead of evading the question, would it? Not just for Dlacik, but anyone else reading this topic.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Because burden of proof is on the one making the argument. In this case, you.

Besides, wouldn't really hurt to actually explain instead of evading the question, would it? Not just for Dlacik, but anyone else reading this topic.

I would also be interested in how this is done.  I can protect with sheath for like 2 hits on scorp queen in AN the party is on their own which kinda sux (the 4 scorp invuln being hard to coordinate).  So if there is a possible way to extend this I'm not sure why this FM would not share.

When yeti is about to cast 8 slams(or insert whatever number here) FM freeze him/herself with ice tab and then use ice V for the last 3 slams.The protection override the frozen status from yeti so noone get 1 shot.If you use ice V as FM on the last 3 slams it will give people time to move and iframe the stom after otherwise if it used in the last 2 the time is very short to iframe and this stomp hurt.So basically 8 slams - count to 5,unfreeze yourself(don't wait to wear it off)and insta ice V.

As about necropolis.As FM take all 4 scorpions by just LB/RB and kite them around while doing some dmg.If someone get grab kill 1 scorpion(it give people defense and they dont get killed).But u have to be fast with that.

Then when she port midle to do 6 hit aoe kill all the scorpions - it will give people protection for 3 out of the 6 hits.Then Ice V and last one people will have to iframe.But they have to unfreeze by pressing F as the skill is wearing off just before she hit.As pugs are usually braindead you better i-frame the 4th one(simply by using ice tab) and then ice v the 5th and 6th.

1 hour ago, Teffy said:

When yeti is about to cast 8 slams(or insert whatever number here) FM freeze him/herself with ice tab and then use ice V for the last 3 slams.The protection override the frozen status from yeti so noone get 1 shot.If you use ice V as FM on the last 3 slams it will give people time to move and iframe the stom after otherwise if it used in the last 2 the time is very short to iframe and this stomp hurt.So basically 8 slams - count to 5,unfreeze yourself(don't wait to wear it off)and insta ice V.

Thanks. I didn`t know that frost sheat can override the yeti`s freeze.

I`ve tried that today and two ppl still died from jump. But i`m not sure if they just unfreeze themselves and got yeti`s freeze again or what.

4 hours ago, Dlacik said:

Thanks. I didn`t know that frost sheat can override the yeti`s freeze.

I`ve tried that today and two ppl still died from jump. But i`m not sure if they just unfreeze themselves and got yeti`s freeze again or what.

Thats exactly what happen or they iframed too much.If they don't get hit in 3 sec windows the protect is not triggered.

why will you look specific for FM who know how to save the group from all 8 waves when all you have to do is stop dps at 32%  start killing mushrooms clear the fields ( all this take no more then 10-15 sec max,you can kill mushrooms before ice fields even drop) and then simple  kill the boss before next cold phase.i have done it near 40 times like that with multiple party setups ( some of them w/o fm at all) and this is the most easy and SAVE way to do it.

p.s. tested it it does work and you have tons of time,however there is no way this work in random groups.

On 11.4.2016 at 0:02 AM, Teffy said:

As about necropolis.As FM take all 4 scorpions by just LB/RB and kite them around while doing some dmg.If someone get grab kill 1 scorpion(it give people defense and they dont get killed).But u have to be fast with that.

Then when she port midle to do 6 hit aoe kill all the scorpions - it will give people protection for 3 out of the 6 hits.Then Ice V and last one people will have to iframe.But they have to unfreeze by pressing F as the skill is wearing off just before she hit.As pugs are usually braindead you better i-frame the 4th one(simply by using ice tab) and then ice v the 5th and 6th.

Defo gonna put that in my yeti guide

Archived