Obligatory Gameguard Thread

[removed: please do not post personal conversations]

They don't want to admit that the lag problem I have is gameguard fault, lmao
They did try every method they got with me and nothing work so they end it by checking your ISP -.-

Like I didn't check my ISP  before and like I didn't try any other online games -.-

Lmao and they ask why people quit, They quit because the support team don't want to admit that it gameguard fault

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2016 at 8:21 PM, Raiya said:

Removing Gameguard from aion wasnt a terrible mistake, it was the correct decision, there was a ton of threats of preorder cancellations because of problems with GG as well as the fact that GG just like now can easily be disabled with a dll back then (had to do it myself because of the bloody thing breaking my G13 and leaving my OS glichy after it started: there irony for you I have no interest in cheating and only ever do PvE and level characters and I'm was having to resort to bypass tactics to play). Aion's problems were from other issues like faction imbalance (unlike BnS factions are segrigated completely and it became problematic quickly,) and the game engine as well being unable to handle large scale pvp very well.

Actually if you check some of the popular sites for the bypass people have been having trouble with it for a while. I'm not going to link them here but these are comments from this week. Therefore it is definitely helping to prevent cheating in many cases.

" version.dll is not working anymore after the latest gg update "

" Is there any updated GG disabler? "

" BUMP

Anyone has a updated GG disabler? "

" I need to bypass GG, can't play with those huge lagg spikes.
No hacks and so on I actually just want fluid gameplay **** NCsoft "

17 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Actually if you check some of the popular sites for the bypass people have been having trouble with it for a while. I'm not going to link them here but these are comments from this week. Therefore it is definitely helping to prevent cheating in many cases.

" version.dll is not working anymore after the latest gg update "

" Is there any updated GG disabler? "

" BUMP

Anyone has a updated GG disabler? "

" I need to bypass GG, can't play with those huge lagg spikes.
No hacks and so on I actually just want fluid gameplay **** NCsoft "

Thats the thing alot of the searches for this kinda stuff would've only happened since GG was enabled since there was no reason to go looking for this when it was disabled.

On a side note my main account has now been locked due to "suspicious activity" -.-;;; Hurray banned and I dont know why, didnt recieve an email about it and I certainly dont cheat. Hope support can fix it for me cos I was just setting up some alts when I got the 3001 error... :S Guess GG wants to ban the normal players..... :C

For everyone having troubles with video stutter, unparking my CPU cores has helped a lot. I no longer get stutter, and my FPS has increased and is more stable. It is still not as great as I would like it in populated areas (I drop to about 40-50fps in SSP) but it at least is playable.

I believe this to be because Gameguard is very taxing on your CPU. Combine this with a poorly optimized game and you end up with stuttering and crashes.

I found this vid in another thread about Nvidia cards. It worked for me but I'm sure there's plenty other vids out there.

Ok so i've been out of soulstone plains for like 5 days now due grinding dungeons and other stuff but now i entered there seriouslly WTF. So been able to improve my fps to 40-50 in soulstone plains but now that they again introduced this shitty bullshit crap called GG my fps is back to 20 but even before when i had 20 FPS in plains or BW never stuttered like this. Yes i had harder time to react on stuff with lower hps but now literally screen might freeze to .1-.5 seconds and simply cannot find any other explanation that this horseshit GG which is not doing any thing usefull other than causin harm.

To note im running high end pc

I7 6700K

GTX 970

16GB DDR4 2400MHZ

SSD

Everything regarding drivers and other stuff is uptodate. Computers been cleaned from other random stuff frequently and kept well. I know that someone or NCsoft puts blame on my computer for some weird reason but fact is that GG is completely bullshit and has to go. It does not stop botters it does not help you guys to catch them and it only causes harm to legit players. Can you guys already stop this farce. Stop using GG with that money hire more CS to manualy look for bots so we can get actually usefull detection to game

To be honest I'm suprised theres been so little update on this considering the threads now 14 pages long and counting......

Edit: and yes im back I escaped banland thanks to NCsupport! ^^ False Ban FTL :C

Should've mentioned it but I've had moments where the game is freezing during zoing or loading sequences as well and sometimes when trying to change character im unable change and have to shutdown and restart the game. Bit of a nuisance tbh and it only happens when GG is active.

With all the people complaining about performance issues they think Gameguard is causing ever since the last patch I have been getting the most stable fps since release. I actually lowered my cpu overclock to keep heat down because I found it wasn't worth it anymore. I'm on a 4690K and GTX 970

It is astounding to me that game developers and publishers still pay money to INCA in order to use GameGuard.

In absolutely every game I've played that has used it (well over 25 titles), it seems to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  to detect, prevent, disconnect, or otherwise affect botters, hackers, or spammers, but often "detects" legitimate players who are not violating such policy and etiquette terms.  And on top of its utter failure to do what it is supposedly meant to do, it is a major performance hog, regularly wreaks havoc with both system performance and net performance, and is massively intrusive on the client system.

Why does the game industry still pay these people?

15 hours ago, EntropicLynx said:

It is astounding to me that game developers and publishers still pay money to INCA in order to use GameGuard.

In absolutely every game I've played that has used it (well over 25 titles), it seems to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  to detect, prevent, disconnect, or otherwise affect botters, hackers, or spammers, but often "detects" legitimate players who are not violating such policy and etiquette terms.  And on top of its utter failure to do what it is supposedly meant to do, it is a major performance hog, regularly wreaks havoc with both system performance and net performance, and is massively intrusive on the client system.

Why does the game industry still pay these people?

Ncsoft stated themselves that they got all kinds of information to use against cheaters from the latest Gameguard update. Are you calling them liars? It would make zero sense for them to leave it on if it isn't helping.

this frame rate stutter is so annoying(thanks a lot game guard (-_-)). I drop around 9-17 frames every 2-3 seconds. I notice the issue only gets worse during the weekends when everybody is on. Does anyone have a fix for this? Ive got no parked cores so that above method on this page wont work.

I've just got server error 3 times in arena. Trying all day to get my rank back, since reset and in mid-fight i get Server error and I'm pissed. Loosing arena cause of GG, how in god's name do you think you will have e-sports with this, imagine ppl dc-ing mid stream lol.

I've never ever had that error during the time GG was disabled and I'm royally pissed, I've bought premium on 2 acc's, last time for 3 months and just spent some money on keys for event, but that's it, no more, screw gameguard and screw devs that implemented it.

41 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Get a better computer if you can't handle it.

Yes because shelling out two grand is easily achievable? I checked your post history to make sure this was an isolated case of you being insensitive, and to my horror this is really a trend. How do you not see that Gameguard is a horrible program? I looked up "disable gameguard" partially as a joke and partially because it's lethal to my FPS, and this is what I got.

Excuse me? Why the hell is a security program installing hidden files into the Windows32 folder? And even if I were to theoretically uninstall BnS, why would I still need to go into the registry to delete the last vestiges of Gameguard? 

1 hour ago, Nitrak said:

Yes because shelling out two grand is easily achievable? I checked your post history to make sure this was an isolated case of you being insensitive, and to my horror this is really a trend. How do you not see that Gameguard is a horrible program? I looked up "disable gameguard" partially as a joke and partially because it's lethal to my FPS, and this is what I got.

Excuse me? Why the hell is a security program installing hidden files into the Windows32 folder? And even if I were to theoretically uninstall BnS, why would I still need to go into the registry to delete the last vestiges of Gameguard? 

Win10 fixed all my fps issues. Stable and smooth fps right now. Win7 also works, but the system overall is outdated. I highly recommend you to install win10 with directx12. Works like charm.

2 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

Get a better computer if you can't handle it. As long as it is enabled in the international versions it will be here.

Never fails.. That one Ultra Super White Knight that no matter how many people giving detailed explanations of the issues they are having comes along repeating : EVERYTHING WORKS FOR ME YA 1,000+ OTHER PEOPLE ALL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE ARE WRONG BUY BETTER PC's.

Since they recently turned GG back on, this game AND THIS GAME ONLY has been disconnecting and crashing so much for me... Lemme guess it's my PC ? yea i know...

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, VirtuoZzzo said:

Right before gameguard was back I had stable 120 fps plaing alone in mushin tower. Right now when I stand alone it stutters 120-90 every 10 seconds. When I am in party or in raids it is completely aweful. It's ok when it goes down to 30 fps cuz of amount of players around, but every 10 seconds in stuters to 15 fps, which makes fighting almost impossible. win 8.1, last nvidia driver, files repaired twice.

no it's not ok that you go to 30 fps. obviously the game guard screws you over. you're not alone. same here. even with 3 people on dungeon and i can't play without ctrl+F. this is not ok at all

Archived