Warlock or BladeMaster?

Zaiato

I need to know some things about these classes, 1 out of the two which has better survivability and dps, 2 which class is easier to play for newer players, and 3 how is the class in pvp?

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

^ I agree with them. 

Blade master has a lot of defense, which warlock lacks, but blade masters have low dps which warlocks kinda make up for. I've never played the BM myself, but people say they aren't good in PvP. Some are saying the same about warlock as well...but it really is based on the player behind the screen :)

I would say warlock would be a little easier to play, due to range, but they're very squishy, and seeing a friend play a BM, they didn't have much trouble with content. It's up to you. You can level both up to 10 and see how they fare.

Leveling both to 10 won't mean much. You won't even have unlocked your skill points yet. You really won't see how a class truly fares until you hit 45.

That said, if you want to actually do damage, avoid BM. You should have enough CC's to deal with ordinary mobs, and being ranged helps in boss fights.

8 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Leveling both to 10 won't mean much. You won't even have unlocked your skill points yet. You really won't see how a class truly fares until you hit 45.

That said, if you want to actually do damage, avoid BM. You should have enough CC's to deal with ordinary mobs, and being ranged helps in boss fights.

I can see your point, but what about the possibility of leveling something to 45 only to see you dislike it and wait 7 days? If they want to test a class it's better to avoid the timer. Of course the interesting skills and such come in later, but they can get a feel for the class early.

About PVE:

If you want better rewards and do most content without being heavily geared (or at least more than the others classes need) go for warlock.

Blade master shouldn't be designed as a tank because the game reward who do most damage with brilliant chests or prestige points , for me it's really bad design and apparently ncsoft is too much incompetent and won't fix this ,i love the class but it's just dumb the way they design the reward system, *cricket*ing up the class with enrage timers and rewarding the biggest damage while not giving you the chance to compete in an equal ground with other classes. Every class should have the same capability to single target dps or they should change the design of the game 

One guy said about survivability , you will have to deal with a lot more bs than ranged characters so it's not an advantage

24 minutes ago, Yahni said:

I can see your point, but what about the possibility of leveling something to 45 only to see you dislike it and wait 7 days? If they want to test a class it's better to avoid the timer. Of course the interesting skills and such come in later, but they can get a feel for the class early. It's just a suggestion.

I don't necessarily mean that you should go to 45, but the real problem is, content is way too easy until 45. You can be on whatever gimped class and not realize it until you do the 4 moonwater dungeons, terrors/BW, heroic dungeons, etc.

Testing a class won't do you any good, and playing to 45 takes time. So you'll have to take people's word for it if you don't want to do that latter.

2 hours ago, Kromede said:

Balde Master is a TANK so surviablity is high but low dps.

Warlock is support DPS, fun with some burst dps.

Both of them required player skill to shine in PvP other than that you're doom.

BM damage low? No my friend, BM's damage is very high and will be top at lvl50. Not as high as Assassin, but higher than Summoner, KFM, DES and BD.

About Warlock or BM.

Whats your ping? above 70? Go Warlock. 

Under 70? Go BM.

for pvp neither for pve both are rlly good, BM pvp atm its broken in a bad way blocking is useless any calss can counter the block damage is good butthey can cc u easily , BM got lots of cc but it doesnt work aganist spin resist classes BD,Destro......plus kfm can counter BM cc but you cannot counter them, and aasasin dont ever try to use cc aganist them, maybe you can win to a FM if you can get close enough, warlock seems dull in pvp atm but its a bit better than BM

I love my BM far more than my Warlock. Better survivability, decent dps (imo-albeit not the best), and if you're good pvp is viable. It's great fun bc there are a lot of ways to maneuver with bm with all the gap closers we have, along with q/e. It's also pretty easy to get out of sticky situations as a bm. It takes quite  a bit of skill to play but imo it's rewarding to me because that's what makes it fun. 

I've played nearly all classes: so far among  BM, Destroyer, and FMs are my favorite to play. I would try BD's (as they have better skills than BMs) but not enough motivation to do so. 

5 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

I don't necessarily mean that you should go to 45, but the real problem is, content is way too easy until 45. You can be on whatever gimped class and not realize it until you do the 4 moonwater dungeons, terrors/BW, heroic dungeons, etc.

Testing a class won't do you any good, and playing to 45 takes time. So you'll have to take people's word for it if you don't want to do that latter.

Ah, I see. I hope I wasn't sounding rude in my comment. 

4 hours ago, Yahni said:

Ah, I see. I hope I wasn't sounding rude in my comment. 

That said, your point is pretty valid for assassins, which have a substantially different playstyle than all other classes. It's much harder to stealth in group dungeons - so that is reflected pretty early on.

Neither, go FM or Summoner, then thank me later. If you already have a FM and Summoner, then probably Warlock. BM damage is poor except for deep skill tree cool down abilities you won't get until later and even then your higher survivability still doesn't compensate for the frustration of the low overall damage output.

I'm a bit biased, so I would say BM.

Don't listen to those that say BM has no damage. They probably didn't get very far with theirs, so that explains the no damage. 

This isn't your typical western MMO, with wet noodle tanks. Every class has the ability to do lots of damage. You just need gears, levels, and skills. If BM dps was so bad, we'd never clear Mushin Tower, since it's a solo instance with dps checks.

As far as PvP goes, I have a level 45 BM Hongmoon 5, sitting at Plat 1950 MMR, and a level 30 smurf BM sitting at Gold MMR. Even at level 30, I'm able to beat level 45's consistently with my Platinum mechanics.

It's not about the car, it's more about the driver.

Kind of hijacking the topic, but does KFM fare better than BM in the DPS department? That would help determine who's the better tank for those interested in trying a class with that role.

2 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

That said, your point is pretty valid for assassins, which have a substantially different playstyle than all other classes. It's much harder to stealth in group dungeons - so that is reflected pretty early on.

Plus, there's also the matter of enemies in later content yet to be released able to see through stealth, so I'd expect that to gimp Assassin's main appeal something fierce. I mean, what else of interest/use/value do Sins have besides permatealth? I hear they aren't good at, say, dealing with several mobs at the same time.

They both achieve the same end result, I would say they're pretty similar in terms of single target DPS.

BM will do less hits, for more damage, while KFM does more hits, with each hit dealing for less damage.

At 50 patch, I believe BM will have a slight edge on KFM in terms of raw DPS.

In 45 patch we have now, they're pretty even. The one with better gear tends to take aggro over the other. 

BM has the edge in PvE in terms of AoE damage output, since they have 5 AoE abilities, and can spam AoE's on top of their AoE's.

Just now, DefinitelyNotBronx said:

They both achieve the same end result, I would say they're pretty similar in terms of single target DPS.

BM will do less hits, for more damage, while KFM does more hits, with each hit dealing for less damage.

At 50 patch, I believe BM will have a slight edge on KFM in terms of raw DPS.

In 45 patch we have now, they're pretty even. The one with better gear tends to take aggro over the other. 

BM has the edge in PvE in terms of AoE damage output, since they have 5 AoE abilities, and can spam AoE's on top of their AoE's.

Sounds like BM will be my kind of class if I ever decide to try a tank. AOEs are nice. So is the spammability. :P

Archived