hacked.. bank account cleaned out!!!

tatty

so it looks like alot of people are getting hacked, but here's a new twist, i had my CC info apparently linked to the hongmoon store ( i dont remember doing this...)  as i was trying to change my passwords and it wasn't working i noticed i was getting alot of emails, so i reopened my email.. they were changing my passwords AS I WAS WATCHING!!! this means they were in my EMAIL TOO!!! I changed my email password and it seems to have stopped the password changing but i was logged into my account on NCsoft's site, i clicked on my account activity and found out that this person had purchased THOUSANDS of ncoins... quickly checked my bank account...   Im wiped out, my checking is negative hundreds of dollars, my savings is gone from OD protection...

i've been online gaming for over 10 years and never seen anything like this.. how they got into my personal email is really freaking me out, I tried to call my bank but "due to high call volume we cannot take your call right now please try later"  Tried ncsoft support but the link isnt working on the site ...  

to anyone reading this, please make sure you're CC info isnt saved on the store, and change ALL of your passwords including your personal email password, and honestly? cut ties with NCSOFT. I know I am, this is *cricket*ing unreal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm im checking the setting but did u have verified locations on? if so then this is really serious, the amount of hacks that have been happening are unacceptable im prob gonna go and remove my info from my account.  If this is how bad NCs security is then im a little worried 

6 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Hmm im checking the setting but did u have verified locations on? if so then this is really serious, the amount of hacks that have been happening are unacceptable im prob gonna go and remove my info from my account.  If this is how bad NCs security is then im a little worried 

It's more than NCSoft.  My Blizzard account was having this issue and I hadnt touched it in over a year.  I think Poe has the right idea.

Before the Doomsday, the end of NCSoft is nigh! Burn them to the ground! crowd hops on the bandwagon.

1) That sucks

2) You have a horrid bank. I've been a member with three different banks and ALL of them will contact you for a potential suspicious withdrawal. Thousands with in such a short time certainly counts as suspicious. Get a new bank or some added security.

3) Considering your personal e-mail was hacked you probably have malware on your system like a keylogger. Run a scan (and not using a useless 'free trial' program!)

4) Contacting you bank is more important. It's called fraud, which is for your BANK to investigate and handle.

5) You bank is a horrid bank for "being busy". Again never been a member of a bank I could not reach the customer service of.

6) Why in the world are you bothering to spend time posting on a gaming forum if you are in the neg for balance? Seriously... CONTACT your bank. If it doesn't work. CONTACT your bank AGAIN.

7) NCSoft can work with you in securing your NCSoft account again but considering your personal email was breached I find it hard to believe it is NCSoft security at fault in this.

8) CONTACT YOUR BANK! Did I mention, contact your bank?

9 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

yep, i sure did. I dont know how they got into everything, When i was getting all the update emails from NC some of them said they were being changed from " " ip adress. i looked up the Address and they were from all over the US so probably some kind of IP masking program.   But to hack my game account AND my email.. i just.. It was SO weird to watch someone reading my email, like would see emails, come in, then refresh and see them in the read box, then more come in, then more in the read box.. seriously give me chills

1 minute ago, Beloved said:

Before the Doomsday, the end of NCSoft is nigh! Burn them to the ground! crowd hops on the bandwagon.

1) That sucks

2) You have a horrid bank. I've been a member with three different banks and ALL of them will contact you for a potential suspicious withdrawal. Thousands with in such a short time certainly counts as suspicious. Get a new bank or some added security.

3) Considering your personal e-mail was hacked you probably have malware on your system like a keylogger. Run a scan (and not using a useless 'free trial' program!)

4) Contacting you bank is more important. It's called fraud, which is for your BANK to investigate and handle.

5) You bank is a horrid bank for "being busy". Again never been a member of a bank I could not reach the customer service of.

6) Why in the world are you bothering to spend time posting on a gaming forum if you are in the neg for balance? Seriously... CONTACT your bank. If it doesn't work. CONTACT your bank AGAIN.

7) NCSoft can work with you in securing your NCSoft account again but considering your personal email was breached I find it hard to believe it is NCSoft security at fault in this.

8) CONTACT YOUR BANK! Did I mention, contact your bank?

I think you shoulda mentioned to contact their bank o3o

2 minutes ago, Brand X said:

It's more than NCSoft.  My Blizzard account was having this issue and I hadnt touched it in over a year.  I think Poe has the right idea.

das true and there are a lot of factors involving these types of things but ive been hearing about a lot of peoples accounts being hacked all over the place so it has be concerned 

I was upset that i couldnt make it to the bank yesterday to deposit all my cash... im less upset about that now... If i'd made that deposit i'd be 100% boned untill this got sorted which could take time.

That horrible helpless feeling when you look in your bank account and see a $0 or even worse -$ balance due to something you can't control...

Beloved hit the nail on the head with point #2.  I'm surprised your bank just let those transactions go through.

Did I forget to mention that? Yeah I should mention that they should contact their bank. Should check the bank site as well for fraud paperwork. Most ( I can't say all anymore, because OPs bank is retarded) have paperwork available to file online to get the process started. Yes, it will require paperwork and for the OP to provide ID and confirmation the account is theirs before the bank can resolve anything. This is SOP.

Honestly, if this really happened and they were in the neg and unable to contact their bank I find it very hard to believe they'd just be chatting on a gaming forum... But, to each their own I guess.

A $50 charge on my card when I was on vacation out of state had my bank calling me to confirm it was me making the charge... How does a bank let it go to thousands?

2 minutes ago, Beloved said:

Did I forget to mention that? Yeah I should mention that they should contact their bank.

Honestly, if this really happened and they were in the neg and unable to contact their bank I find it very hard to believe they'd just be chatting on a gaming forum...

A $50 charge on my card when I was on vacation out of state had my bank calling me to confirm it was me making the charge... How does a bank let it go to thousands?

I had a similar experience with my bank.  I had made several online MMO purchases in a period of about 1 week.  The bank actually declined the third purchase and sent an email requesting me to contact them to confirm the purchases made.  I made sure to thank them for being so vigilant too.

5 minutes ago, Beloved said:

Did I forget to mention that? Yeah I should mention that they should contact their bank.

Honestly, if this really happened and they were in the neg and unable to contact their bank I find it very hard to believe they'd just be chatting on a gaming forum...

its saturday night at 11:56pm...  my bank only has one 24 hour number and it keeps disconecting me because of  call volume, there's not much i can do untill monday other than keep calling every few hours. I appreciate the kick while im down though. I'm "chatting" on the forum to let people know they need to change their stuff so it dosen't happen to others.    Why the hell would anyone make this up?

maybe i should grab a tent and camp out on the bank sidewalk untill monday...  >.>

6 minutes ago, tatty said:

its saturday night at 11:56pm...  my bank only has one 24 hour number and it keeps disconecting me because of  call volume, there's not much i can do untill monday other than keep calling every few hours. I appreciate the kick while im down though. I'm "chatting" on the forum to let people know they need to change their stuff so it dosen't happen to others.    Why the hell would anyone make this up?

My fingers are crossed for you.  Wish I could help out.

I would say when this ordeal has passed, I'd give a good hard look at this bank and see about other banking options.

8 minutes ago, Beloved said:

Did I forget to mention that? Yeah I should mention that they should contact their bank. Should check the bank site as well for fraud paperwork. Most ( I can't say all anymore, because OPs bank is retarded) have paperwork available to file online to get the process started. Yes, it will require paperwork and for the OP to provide ID and confirmation the account is theirs before the bank can resolve anything. This is SOP.

Honestly, if this really happened and they were in the neg and unable to contact their bank I find it very hard to believe they'd just be chatting on a gaming forum... But, to each their own I guess.

I don't know if it's true but you will be surprised how people react to things

for me, when I  have a problem the first thing I do is the forums, maybe I can get help, and if he cant talk with his bank then what else he can do?

If it happened to me I probably would be freaking out, not sure what to do, but that's just me Lol.

Not trying to be mean, just stating it's an odd way to go about it.

Also, as I said, your bank should (99.9% of banks anyway) allow you to start these claims online now days. Look for a support link, if it does not have that try a contact us and search specifically for fraud. Your bank should have a contact method strictly for fraud that bypasses the standard customer service mumbo jumbo.

Note: Until you clean your system I do not recommend signing INTO your actual bank account on the same system. If you really must sign in use your phone or another system if you must sign in.

thank you, honestly its kinda nice just reading some supportive things right now. I keep calling the bank and sitting on hold I feel really helpless. I know it's going to be fine once i get ahold of the bank but its still really stressing me out.

Hardly, I know where my card is attached to and I'm not attacking anyone. The fact is, their bank is the first line of contact for this.

OP if you are kept on hold that long check for an online chat for your bank. It's unlikely, in this situation, that the online chat can resolve it as they generally have less tools available to them, however, they may be able to give you a direct number to your banks fraud department instead of waiting in queue. Online chats tend not to be as busy as phone services so you may have more luck there.

My friend have the same issue, when he reported about what happened to his account they locked his account they told him "to prevent any additional damage" but then they told him later on accusing that he shared his account to someone else, but the matter is he got hacked and support team seems doesn't get it at all! when he got hacked all his items on inventory both lvl 45 character were gone, zen beans and NC coins they also used to buy stuff and sell to marketplace to gain more gold. Now he cannot play anymore because they locked his account and accused him of sharing his account with someone else. So disappointing how the NC support team help the players.

To the OP, damn, that really suck :O

But yeah, you have to have some serious issue protecting yourself if thoses guys succeed to reach your personal email.

Like answering scam email or going into strange internet site that install somes keylogger or whatever else on your computer...

I mean..

53 minutes ago, clavinova said:

My friend have the same issue, when he reported about what happened to his account they locked his account they told him "to prevent any additional damage" but then they told him later on accusing that he shared his account to someone else, but the matter is he got hacked and support team seems doesn't get it at all! when he got hacked all his items on inventory both lvl 45 character were gone, zen beans and NC coins they also used to buy stuff and sell to marketplace to gain more gold. Now he cannot play anymore because they locked his account and accused him of sharing his account with someone else. So disappointing how the NC support team help the players.

You do realize that the op is talking about his real life bank account that got hacked, right?  They cleaned his RL bank account out of RL money.  Not gold in the game.  I think at this point, in game money and items are the least of his or her concern.

Archived