Warlock Damage Test (full geared)

Arcteren

Just now, Arcteren said:

its personal preference, summoner is too boring, all you do is left click right click (or macro one button), FM's attack speed is kind of slow.

Yes, indeed it is. No doubt, But dps wise WL is not a top tear.

Just now, VirtuoZzzo said:

Damage is fine, DPS is really bad. Any FM or SMN can do much much more. Didn't worth gearing. 

its personal preference, summoner is too boring, all you do is left click right click (or macro one button), FM's attack speed is kind of slow.

1 minute ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

Yes, indeed it is. No doubt, But dps wise WL is not a top tear.

Yea its like smn and fm being the top, wl and sin are next tier. But late game definitely can tell fm and smn have huge leap compare to other classes.

i think this class is the worst and just a filter class their damage in pve is meh.. my destroyer can do more dps better than that..  and they dont have much debuffs unlike fm,bd  ..

and that tiny knife for cucumbers and floating talisman is wierd... they don't have any better ideas for a warlock weapon??

Just now, haloismybtch said:

i think this class is the worst and just a filter class their damage in pve is meh.. my destroyer can do more dps better than that..  and they dont have much debuffs unlike fm,bd  ..

and that tiny knife for cucumbers and floating talisman is wierd... they don't have any better ideas for a warlock weapon??

that weapon is striaght up assassin weapon, but instead of putting it on the back, its on the arm

5 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

You don't actually need lmb with summoner. That's what I call DPS

Yea thats why its so boring one button class in PVE and PVP. 

35 minutes ago, Arcteren said:

Yea its like smn and fm being the top, wl and sin are next tier. But late game definitely can tell fm and smn have huge leap compare to other classes.

Sins sustain is definitely better than WL from what I'm seeing. If WL could maintain the initial burst the way FM can then it would be in a much better place overall. For being so squishy the damage output should be higher.

I enjoy this video since im playing a WL. Questions though how can you keep casting dragon call over and over instantly? Whats the combo setup? Do you have a link to your build? Last question, for the left and right click I usaully just press them randomly as long as i have focus, should i press them in some combo setup? Thanks and great video.

If you want the best DPS play FM or assassin, they do the most by a large margin. That summoner video is showcasing rumblebee spam at 100% crit chance (which procs an instant cast one upon crit, and no focus cost, so u can just spam it) so it NOT an accurate representation of DPS or even a proper rotation besides from the 24 man instances buffs. I've hit for over 50k in a single spell on my FM with the right buffs, and can maintain over double the DPS of that summoner video if I skewed the data to have 100% crit chance like it is currently being misrepresented. Warlocks is known for its burst potential and party support and not really its DPS, pre-nerfed warlock is an entirely different story.  

On 3/6/2016 at 1:58 AM, Archmage said:

On 3/6/2016 at 1:34 AM, robinhoodee said:

I enjoy this video since im playing a WL. Questions though how can you keep casting dragon call over and over instantly? Whats the combo setup? Do you have a link to your build? Last question, for the left and right click I usaully just press them randomly as long as i have focus, should i press them in some combo setup? Thanks and great video.

"Full geared" is 475 AP

With new diamond, 3 ap purple, 5 ap yellow  gem and new soul, using Pirate bracelet (blue siren with crit dmg, ap, ad is better but w/e).

Damage is impressive with awaken buff, but it's still lasts for a short burst and then going back to meh.

I feel like this class is very gimmicky, and take advantaged of targets that have a few seconds of weaken state and stack with all the crit dmg buffs.

Outside of that, it feels clunky at 45 with limited skill points.

55 minutes ago, Chicken said:

"Full geared" is 475 AP

With new diamond, 3 ap purple, 5 ap yellow  gem and new soul, using Pirate bracelet (blue siren with crit dmg, ap, ad is better but w/e).

Damage is impressive with awaken buff, but it's still lasts for a short burst and then going back to meh.

I feel like this class is very gimmicky, and take advantaged of targets that have a few seconds of weaken state and stack with all the crit dmg buffs.

Outside of that, it feels clunky at 45 with limited skill points.

Isnt the new windshock bracelet better than siren?

1 hour ago, DerFluffy said:

Wtf :D Can you show your Skilltree Please O.o?

What do you mean skill tree? He's in Poharan 24man with 100% crit rate, just put Tier 3 move 1 and hold RMB.

On 2016-03-06 at 4:27 AM, Prototypemind said:

Sins sustain is definitely better than WL from what I'm seeing. If WL could maintain the initial burst the way FM can then it would be in a much better place overall. For being so squishy the damage output should be higher.

On 2016-03-06 at 3:52 AM, haloismybtch said:

On 2016-03-06 at 3:43 AM, VirtuoZzzo said:

Damage is fine, DPS is really bad. Any FM or SMN can do much much more. Didn't worth gearing. 

You all seem to be ignoring the soulburn buff to party members...

With my undergeared warlock, me and my friend clear bosses faster than with my awaken pirate summoner just because of soulburn.

Warlock is an offensive support, not a DPS... Stop comparing it to FM which is a pure DPS.

If we WERE talking about DPS and Damage, I'd have to say, I'm not impressed.  My FM with only 400 ap, awakened siren, and a bit higher crit dmg does that kind of damage (more or less) on my regular skills such as Dragonblaze.  Not even talking about Inferno or Dual Dragons damage.   Add the DPS factor to it and well.........soulburn.........makes WL dps look like a pile of crap xD. 

However, if I were all about DPS and Damage, then I would of never leveled my KFM, Assassin (Whom I find extremely boring even tho it was my first toon to 45), or BM.  So for me, its more of a personal pursuit and enjoy ability factor.  Yes, the WL is pegged as the offensive support class apparently and this is where I may have a problem with it since I really don't like offensive support classes.  And don't get me wrong, I don't even like summoner simply because you have to be a lyn and I don't like the cat summon lol.

I will be leveling my wl to 45 soon enough (only 20 or something, simply got bored with it after day one lol), but I got this feeling that it will be just level to 45 and nothing more.  Especially after seeing some of the stuff I'm seeing.  Hopefully, that won't be the case as much as I love playing my FM, I do like to mix it up every now and then.  However, as far as "main-ing" a class, I think I will still stick to my FM.  Have loads of fun with it........doing things most FMs don't do that is.  But besides that, none of these other classes have really given me any incentive to go over to them as my FM can do the same thing pretty much lol.

Other than that, at least ya showed a ****** video unlike others who are posting crap (mainly talking to the white knights of warlock).  I like folks who post videos.

The thing with the class, is that it was not designed for level 45. No matter how you cut it. I would consider it bottom tier in this patch personally. That being said, in level 50 HM20 content, it is significantly better in a PvE setting from what I've been told/seen from Korean/Chinese players.

I personally play Warlock because I find it more enjoyable than summoner which was so basic a two year old could play it. And I'm not a huge fan of FMs for personal reasons. So it was a nice middle.

21 hours ago, Myleina said:

What do you mean skill tree? He's in Poharan 24man with 100% crit rate, just put Tier 3 move 1 and hold RMB.

You all seem to be ignoring the soulburn buff to party members...

With my undergeared warlock, me and my friend clear bosses faster than with my awaken pirate summoner just because of soulburn.

Warlock is an offensive support, not a DPS... Stop comparing it to FM which is a pure DPS.

One, it's rarely a good idea to lump so many varied replies into one. I was responding to the poster saying that WL is on par with Sins, which it most decidedly is not. That's just a fact, not a point for debate. Two, as a matter of opinion WL should have better single player DPS ability or better CC ability to counter the squish. FM has better output and better ability to survive on their own, and even in party play with the WL buff a group of FMs would still be better overall than any mixed group utilizing the WL buff all other things held the same.

Lastly, people are free to compare classes in the game, so no, I won't stop comparing it to others. Overall utility should make up for shortcomings and with the WL it doesn't. A few tweaks would be very helpful as the WL was nerfed far too hard and has yet to be put on the level it should be compared to other classes.

You can emphasize roles all you want, but when you have certain classes that can easily solo all content when their gear is maxed and others that are left far behind even if the player behind both is at the same skill level it's not a good place to be, and that is something that should continue to be openly discussed, hence this thread being started in the first place.

i realize that warlock dps is so bad when doing tower, my kfm with worst gear can beat all the bosses at reasonable rate and not take too much dmg till junghado. My warlock yesterday barely kill 5th floor boss before he enrage and i have better gear and crit rate when my kfm did it back then. Shadow build although mobile really suck at dps if you miss any of your skill and if ping hit you hard. If you don't have bsh skill book your dps is crap as you cannot double spam 4 when v hits. For ice, you are sitting duck most of the time waiting for your cast to finish and there not way for you to do that when you solo and the boss is hitting you 5-6k per pop.

@Arcteren

why didn't your combo include 6 helixes if you have the bsh skill book. Doing v-4-f-4-4-f-4-4-f-4? since on crit return 2 spectral orb and with f you gain 1 where you can spam helix again if your quick enough. Although this combo won't be consistent if you don't crit on 4 but this will give the best dps.

2 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

@Arcteren

why didn't your combo include 6 helixes if you have the bsh skill book. Doing v-4-f-4-4-f-4-4-f-4? since on crit return 2 spectral orb and with f you gain 1 where you can spam helix again if your quick enough. Although this combo won't be consistent if you don't crit on 4 but this will give the best dps.

well not everyone has the skill book, so its this combo is meant for everyone. When I play it ofc I spam it when I have it.

Archived