Yelled at FOR tanking!?

Rikazuchi

SO im a BM master and I  know how to Tank VERY very well. If I start my combo (Which requires the boss to hit me) And never die.

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE AGGRO EVER AGAIN!!!! lol

But here is the catch most of the time (Actually all of the time) I need a headstart with the boss like i said i need him to swing at ME not ur CAT , Not that FM in the back ME!...

Recently i had groups ignore my text asking them to either give me "10s with the boss for aggro" or to "hit him 1st",

I even had a group tell me "10s is to long of a wait he will enrage", they Charge right in , now i have to chase aggro , dps , and let my skills get off CD, which breaks the whole rotation .

Only to look up and i finally have aggro.........But everybodys dead-_-"

Just a heads up if someone wants to tank they probably know what they're doing.

They WANT to help

They WANT a smooth run

&

They WANT to protect you

Let them

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but what if you enjoy chasing the boss endlessly while half your combos break due to the boss chasing someone and moving out of range? (as melee anyway)

hahaha just kidding.

Good tanks are a blessing, and need to be appreciated.

Not crying just stating so people who maybe dont play the other classes know how it works.

It's not fun trying to work together only to have someone say "BM's Cant tank ill only take aggro back anyway" (which they never do) how is that productive in anyway? 

Just here out ur fellow players and get the job done best u can. 

As a FM that takes agro each time , a good tank is a blessing ... I only saw 2-3 players that managed to keep the agro from start to finish.. and if I would take agro..it would be for only .. 2-3 sec.

And if I know that the tank can .. well.. TANK ... I can go full out crazy on him and go in the fire build... and do as much dmg as I can.. but I dont trust people ( random people ) ... indeed I give them 10 sec.. for the ones that I trust ... but when I do it with randoms.. it's just.. run around like a mad man.. and well... dps with the ice build...so I can get some hp back as I get hit.

so if you are a good tank. I would prefer to do runs with you.

To be honest, BM's don't need 10 seconds. They don't even need 5. They can take aggro nearly instantly and keep it if they don't die. Grant it, they do need to go in first to start it for a second or two and yeah, when BM's do have aggro it's very hard to take it away.

I´ve seen some awesome BM tanks. Going in 4mans dungeons, I usually see pretty wellgeared BMs too, however, they usually lose aggro at times - and the aggro hits me, I´ll taunt and manage aggro.

Also there are times where a summoner just tanks better than a BM.

Example:

POH4mans - slashimi.

We usually burst down slashimi, ignoring his 2 friends entirely -because with enough dmg, slashimi won´t even dive once. However the ranged mobs have ridiculous damage, and the summoner is best geared for tanking this situation, with petal (anti ranged skill) and then true friend iframe. All other classes either die, or use so much iframe time, that slashimi will dive once, before he dies.

Sounds like you got the perfect result. You let them know and they didn't listen to you.

Result: You're left facing the boss while they're all taking dirt naps. Sure, annoying, but best way to get a point across.

50 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Umm, yeah. Players are gonna play how THEY want to play. Not how YOU WANT THEM to play. But thanks for coming to the forums and crying about it.

Uhm .. wow. I did know that BnS has a very low skill request plus team play is nearly zero, but actually defending this low skillset is a new low.

Just in case you might not know it: Every other MMO has rules applied to each class. A healer is supposed to heal, even if he could do damage. A tank is supposed to tank, even if he could do DPS. In other MMOs the DPS players also are designated certain tasks and mechanics at the boss (e.g. Tera, where 1-2 DPS players have to carry a "spore poison cloud" into enemy mobs; Kalivans). We don't have all that here in BnS which makes it very easy here. The best would be a KFM/BM tanking Blackwyrm, but you don't see it often (rather 2 cats).

Perhaps you didn't recognize it, but have you seen a FM drawing aggro? You start a merry-go-round with the boss, more annoying than people launching the boss in the air. If people like OP offers tanking, it only benefits the whole group. It's not like you die from waiting some seconds or get less loot.

i dont other with pugs, if i ever do have to pug,  i test their bs from the first boss in an instance. depending on their behaviour and shii during the first boss fight, i know whether to quit party or finish instance. 

19 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Uhm .. wow. I did know that BnS has a very low skill request plus team play is nearly zero, but actually defending this low skillset is a new low.

Just in case you might not know it: Every other MMO has rules applied to each class. A healer is supposed to heal, even if he could do damage. A tank is supposed to tank, even if he could do DPS. In other MMOs the DPS players also are designated certain tasks and mechanics at the boss (e.g. Tera, where 1-2 DPS players have to carry a "spore poison cloud" into enemy mobs; Kalivans). We don't have all that here in BnS which makes it very easy here. The best would be a KFM/BM tanking Blackwyrm, but you don't see it often (rather 2 cats).

Perhaps you didn't recognize it, but have you seen a FM drawing aggro? You start a merry-go-round with the boss, more annoying than people launching the boss in the air. If people like OP offers tanking, it only benefits the whole group. It's not like you die from waiting some seconds or get less loot.

This is the right mindest to have. I will never understand why people just think they can do whatever they want in groups, its quite weird to be honest.When you challenge people like this they respond with something along the lines of "Its just a game, not real life, its not that serious." Why are you like that? Especially in an MMO? Really?

1 hour ago, ChanChan said:

Umm, yeah. Players are gonna play how THEY want to play. Not how YOU WANT THEM to play. But thanks for coming to the forums and crying about it.

One of those types of players. Probably always complains whenever people want to play as a team. Almost always the weakest link when it comes to any other type of game play to.

You know what's better? I'm a des and this BM of equal gear complains he has aggro and tells me to tank. Immediately left the group, as well he goes down 5+ times on each boss encounter in 4man BSH and used a revival charm and dies again soon after

thinking about when they up Yeti dungeon in this server lol ...

frest lvl 50 teams without any tactic facing Yeti would be fun :v 

(you can do it easily with 4 x lvl 50 +1 (frest lvl 50) if tank can tank and support can support )

1 hour ago, Laoshottie said:

You know what's better? I'm a des and this BM of equal gear complains he has aggro and tells me to tank.

That is actually fault of whoever wrote class descriptions on the site. If you check them you can see that destroyer is clearly described as a tank for some reason, while BM's and KFM's connection to the role is vague at best.

They should really rewrite those and add role indicators both on the website and in character creation, because so far a lot of people mistake them or assume there are no roles whatsoever. This is going to make puging a nightmare, once harder content comes out.

For any BM's  someone asked how it is that I tank so here's what i do .

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=45010021004320143306322332321122138221053312642230112025414233603210032213211

I Start with 

Multislash > (Boss will hit during ) > cyclone > Q > Five point > dragon tongue > flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue >  flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue  > flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue

Rinse and repeat 

use other skills as u plz/need/Dps but thats the main aggro combo .

IMPORTANT Block whenever u need to pop cyclone(and not die also). With this block it does not have to be a timed block just take the hit and pop cyclone then jump into the rest of the combo.

Multislash is also very important as it gets in close/ does damage / makes you invincible/ And any hit during will activate cyclone.

Five point will get you the most threat in 5 hits, But you must land All 5 hits for all your threat (Don't cancel it unless you have to)

Dragontongue is gonna be the "oh shit" button to get aggro back /maintain while other skills are on CD. 

any other questions just ask 

Cheers ;) 

Archived