Best Starter Classes

Srtty

Hey Guys!

My names Srtty and i'm a definite beginner player when it comes to blade and soul, I only just downloaded the game and was wondering what class the community would recommend.

I have a lot of practice with games such as these and from just looking at the classes I feel like the Destroyer would be an optimal choice for a beginner although I don't know if that would be the best choice for me as i'm thinking that It may be beneficial to start with a more complicated character as I will be able to grasp their play style at an earlier stage and be able to out manoeuvre other players with possibly stronger combos and more options in duels.

Thanks for your help...

- Srtty

Easy to play would be Summoner or Destroyer. Summoner have a pet cat which would act as a tank while you attack from a safe distance. Destroyer have block, grab, and spin. The hardest class would be Kungfu Master, they have stun, grapple, cool looking combos.

SUM doesn't need alot skill to reach the end of road (max level) however your dps might outrun your cat aggro and bosses punch you to die , well at the end , SUM is only good as supporting and ruining Tank aggro (and get killed by it) . at the end of game , people can murdering your sum without even care for your cat ... SUM is the 3rd recommended for solo player and the best class for beginner solo player

FM is pure DPS class with low defense, same as alot classes , they lack of anti-enrage skills to surviving bosses so kill bosses fast . they are pretty annoying in PvP

It's hard to solo as a FM at later game so you better find yourself a good clan or team...

Assassins can solo anything outside enraged boss ... they have good dps and disable skills to be one of strongest pvp classes yet they are hard to master.

BM is not easy class for beginner but BM might be the only class can solo everything in game (as long as your hands not giving up) , you need low ping to do ani cancel and iframe, if your ping is not ok , dont play this class. the legend said that with godlike keyboard skills , you might triump in PVP yet people complain about BM is an easy prey in PvP ... if you want to solo from level 1 to level 50+20 , this is the best class

DD is pure dps class, if someone tell you to tank with DD , they want to kill you, even DD has a pool of hp , they have not alot surviving skills so better stick with dps melee...

since DD has high DPS and yet somewhat tanky, DD is easiest class in the game, even bots can play it

BD is the class with huge dps yet close to BM , you can tank some bosses but not all and BD is actually hard to master ... BD is the second recommended for solo player

KFM is the beast in PvP, they can stun lock you to die and counter your attacks ... however KFM is hardest class to master , even harder than BM ... and it's soloable too if you skilled enough

WL can destroy anything with a rain of dragoncall ... however it's not recommended for NA server because : hongmoon skill for dragoncall is impossible to get with NA version 

WL can solo up to lvl 3x , from 40 to up . specially lvl 45 ++ they are lack of skill points and skills to be strong. they are glass-canon class 

CM/SF is not even up in NA yet ... this class is like frankenstein , mixed of KFM and FM with the iframe (dodging attacks even the impossible to block one) power equal BM yet prettt hard to master ...

10 minutes ago, Udunnome said:

@EvaRench

Actually as a FM I can solo pretty decently.  And DD is Dirty Dancer? :D

they will reach the point that FM must hide themself behind tank 

BD = Bad Dancer

about bad ... Assassin has bad breath ... can poison yourself to dead ... remind me not kissing any of them

DD = DestroyeD

35 minutes ago, EvaRench said:

they will reach the point that FM must hide themself behind tank 

BD = Bad Dancer

about bad ... Assassin has bad breath ... can poison yourself to dead ... remind me not kissing any of them

DD = DestroyeD

You must be playing a different game from me then because I have yet to see an FM, BM or Destroyer reach a point they need to hide behind a tank to play the content of this game. And if you can't solo practically everything in this game as an assassin, well;

59087161.jpg

The best class to start is... every class.

I would highly recomment you that you play the one that interests you the most based on playstil. 

The only differences are how hard it is to decently play them (destroyer easy, kongfu master hard). All classes are hard to master. Who says something different has no clue.

There are a few classes that are very good at noob-stomping and also dont require a lot of skill in pvp, hence are labeled as op. That would be summoner, destroyer, bladedancer.

If you play pve, pick what you want. If you play pvp pick either what you want or something that will stomp. That depends on whether you actually want to be good, or fell like you are good without doing a lot. I wont deny that classes are still a bit unbalanced - but we are progressing through content roughly 1 patch every 3 weeks (based on current pace) and once we reach level 50 content with +10 hm, classes are basically balanced as hell. Esport level of balancing for korea, to be exact. The only thing that will matter is your own skill then. We dont know how long exactly this will take tho.

My personal advice would be: Don't play bladedancer and summoner just because they are easy/newb friendly.
You'll get bored to hell,pick a class u find interesting,who da hek cares if it s hard to play as long as u like?
You'll have lots of time to practice no?

35 minutes ago, CassiveMock said:

choose summoner. you can let the cat attack on field bosses while you afk lol.

And then the cat dies, followed by you.

Congratulations, you don't know what you're talking about.

17 hours ago, Vexe said:

And then the cat dies, followed by you.

Congratulations, you don't know what you're talking about.

Lol. With house cat mine never dies on field bosses. And many players are attacking the boss nit just your cat. Congratulations your effort to insult me dint work. 

Summoner: Easy (2 Stars **)

Destroyer: Normal (3 Stars ***)

What the game says its true, so you should consider these 2 classes.

Don't do the mistake of going for any other class, or you may find yourself grounded to some limites, as many Blade Master right now suffer.

Everything but BM is fully enjoyable at end game right now. Destro lacks damage but has good survival. Summoner is easy mode to get through, though it as a med-high ceiling to really max out. KFM is good all around. BD/Sin/FM have pretty good damage. Blade Master isn't horrible, but certain instances will show you its weaknesses a lot faster than other classes.

I think it would be easier to eliminate what arent good starter classes.

Summoner and Force Master(to a lesser extent) I wouldnt recommend playing right away.  I happen to love both these classes, but I always recommend going melee first, as you can get use to learning animations, and timed blocking.  Summoner plays differently than other classes, as, you dont have to worry too much about animations or timing because your Cat summon draws all the aggro and you can just waste all yoru focus without thinking, most of the time.  While, force master, early to midish game doesnt have many  dodges/blocks, so you dont get into the midset of blocking early on.

That being said, the two I stated above are just as good as any other class to play as, once you feel like youve got a basic understanding of the game.  Destroyer, I think is just fine as a starter class.

Small tip: Dont get a character over level 15 if you dont like the class, or youll have to wait a week to delete it : \

Archived