Jump to content
Forums

Let us kick afkers


amorent

Recommended Posts

I agree. We already have the option to vote-kick people that went offline, so why can't we have vote-kick for people that is afk-ing?

It's quite annoying when we have to run the dungeon with a handicap. Just now I finished Ogong with only 3 people because well.. this issue..!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This issue needs to be addressed ASAP!  

 

In almost every dungeon under Blackram supply chain you will have afk's and or bots in your party. This not only handicaps the entire group by forcing them to run the dungeons with fewer people , in some instances these afk'ers or bots will switch loot rules during the final boss fights to master loot or raise the minimum bids to ridiculous prices.

I do not understand why a group can not vote to kick people from their party, even if that person happens to be the party leader. This is a massive hindrance and at the moment it's being exploited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a simple this wont and shouldn't be implemented: because then elitist jerks would abuse the same system to kick lowbies from dungeons because "omerged you're using true profane weapon in 4-man bsh, and even though you have a ton of crit/hp/ap, we will still bash you because of that weapon!" or "omerged he is new in this blue dungeon, let's kick him guys so we wont waste our time while not letting him learn the mechanics of this dungeon!"

 

what do we need is a system that flags someone when they're afk for x minutes, then either allowing players to vote kick said person, or making it so that, after ppl voting, the person will get into a low-priority queue next time for x times, getting a higher counter everytime he does that/gets locked out of cross-server for a x ammout of minutes, increasing the more flags he receives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mogeko said:

There is a simple this wont and shouldn't be implemented: because then elitist jerks would abuse the same system to kick lowbies from dungeons because "omerged you're using true profane weapon in 4-man bsh, and even though you have a ton of crit/hp/ap, we will still bash you because of that weapon!" or "omerged he is new in this blue dungeon, let's kick him guys so we wont waste our time while not letting him learn the mechanics of this dungeon!"

 

what do we need is a system that flags someone when they're afk for x minutes, then either allowing players to vote kick said person, or making it so that, after ppl voting, the person will get into a low-priority queue next time for x times, getting a higher counter everytime he does that/gets locked out of cross-server for a x ammout of minutes, increasing the more flags he receives

^ this, only thing is they can easily bypass it by moving occasionally or entering combat. What should be done is implement some sort of dmg counter like if u dont do dmg within x mins kick vote pops up or that if standing still for 30s or so then a vote kick becomes available something along the lines of those. What i wanna know is why not implement the good old PT lead has kick power? im guessing cause theres a random party lead but it would be nice if u could start ur own pt and have ppl join it classic mmo style. These bots and afkers are getting outta hand this is why I solo/Duo everything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a day or so, there was a Kick feature. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the actual solution, since any number of bots could be present in the dungeon.

 

Instead of kicking bots, I'd rather there be a "reform" option. If somebody is dissatisfied with the state of the party, they can select anybody who they want in the party (ignoring bots and other unwanted players*) and start a vote to make a new party. If everyone they choose accepts, they're taken to a copy of the dungeon that preserves progress (so they don't have to start over).

Anybody not selected is not informed of the party split until it passes, at which point it's pretty obvious if four people suddenly left the dungeon at once. The people selected are aware of the composition of the new party, however, and can veto the split if they think somebody else should be included. At that point, the original proposer can deselect that person and try again, or address the complaints of the person.

 

-k5

 

* Such as for example that one person who I did Poharan 4-man with who was using Awakened Infernal

 

Edit: To address Mogeko's probable complaint, no. People aren't that daft as to kick somebody if their equipment is just slightly sub-par. On the other hand, said player was dragging the party down. By the time we got to Mak Sobo, we had already replaced two members and broken our weapons fully. Twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best solutions: 

 

- Time afk vote/kick trigger 

- Put the boss room behind a portal door, everyone outside don't get   daily quest and loot drops also  can't change loot options once  inside the dg, all dungeon should get on fire after  boss has 90% HP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/29/2016 at 7:55 PM, k5 said:

For a day or so, there was a Kick feature. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the actual solution, since any number of bots could be present in the dungeon.

 

Instead of kicking bots, I'd rather there be a "reform" option. If somebody is dissatisfied with the state of the party, they can select anybody who they want in the party (ignoring bots and other unwanted players*) and start a vote to make a new party. If everyone they choose accepts, they're taken to a copy of the dungeon that preserves progress (so they don't have to start over).

Anybody not selected is not informed of the party split until it passes, at which point it's pretty obvious if four people suddenly left the dungeon at once. The people selected are aware of the composition of the new party, however, and can veto the split if they think somebody else should be included. At that point, the original proposer can deselect that person and try again, or address the complaints of the person.

 

-k5

 

* Such as for example that one person who I did Poharan 4-man with who was using Awakened Infernal

 

Edit: To address Mogeko's probable complaint, no. People aren't that daft as to kick somebody if their equipment is just slightly sub-par. On the other hand, said player was dragging the party down. By the time we got to Mak Sobo, we had already replaced two members and broken our weapons fully. Twice.

Far to exploitable... Group of friends go into dungeon.. Group gets to the end and then reform to keep progress and the loot all for themselves.

The best solution is to make it unrewarding to AFK a dungeon.. Require damaging the boss in order to receive quest rewards and loot rights (But only have they fix the SS exploits)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another possibility :

 

- If you did at least 1 damage on the last boss OR on any mobs in the instance, you are fine. (could be abused... you hit a mob and then go afk... there's probably a better way to survey activity than that...)

 

but...

 

- If you leave the group... (you want an elitist group? you're free to form one, don't subscribe with pugs)

- If you didn't do any damage...

 

You gain the flag "Deserter", you are kicked from inter-server and forbiden to join ANY groups (even in your local server) during 30 minutes...

 

- If you gain this flag too often, sanctions become more severe, and you are banned from grouping for a longer time.

 

Don't forget that some of us want to solo an instance, and subscribe (and then leave) to have access to the dungeon, it would be nice if we could just start the dungeon even if we are alone in our group.

 

You have to take this issue seriously NCSoft, it really kills the fun and the mood while trying to play the game, and habits from young (and not so young) players from NA/EU are awful if you let them too much liberty, really sad they forgot the meaning of curtosy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NO...

 

being penalized for leaving a group, not AFKing or Leaching... but LEAVING a group is A BAD MOVE.

Because sometimes, ie... You are just NOT going to be able to kill Mysterous Man in a PUG group where the only person who has an Atk higher then 375 + over 33k life is you.   

 

Trust me.. ive been in these groups where u know this just isnt going to work...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what I'm saying, if you want an elitist group, you create one, you don't subscribe and play the pug lottery until you find a group that seems geared enough in your eyes, because all groups you left are now in deep sh* and with a really bad impression on the community... They'll end doing the same when they'll evolve to your level, thanks to your example... Let's remember to players the meaning of curtosy... Because, ok there's competition, lots of things to do, but it's a game not a war, we are here to have fun and your attitude are bad for the general mood, leaving without saying a word...

 

Gear doesn't make everything... You have to know how to play.

 

But we're all different, NCSoft could just add some filters while looking for a group, to add some AP limitations for example. And an option to launch a "vote for withdrawal", if there's enough players voting Yes, those who voted yes are dismissed, you are not flagged.

 

Are you talking about BSH4 or BSH6 ? BSH6 clearly doesn't requiere that much gear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

again... whats to stop these people from joinning elitist groups even tho they arent geared.

So your basically telling people either play with who they are stuck with, or find your own private group.  

 

That is completely different from a leacher / AFKer. 

 

And its not too difficult for the host to just recruit the leaver.

 

In short, id much rather a party member LEFT, then AFK'd / LEECHED.  

And if the party member LEFT, i still wouldnt wish him to be flagged as a deserter like on DOTA and stuck in a deserter queue, because, as i said, sometimes the party just wont work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I won't argue against your point, leavers is indeed another "issue", this could be handled with some new filters while subscribing (but would probably ends to every newbies with newbies only, well... why not)

 

afkers have to be taken care of in priority I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The reason there is no vote kick for non offline players is cause of the elistists that will start kicking ppl just cause they dont have the AP they want. A vote kick for online players will never happen no matter how much you wish it mainly cause of reasons like the elitist one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HelloMyFriend said:

 The reason there is no vote kick for non offline players is cause of the elistists that will start kicking ppl just cause they dont have the AP they want. A vote kick for online players will never happen no matter how much you wish it mainly cause of reasons like the elitist one.

 

It may happen, but vote kick should require a majority vote.  I would much rather take my chances that 3 people are not going to be jerks and abuse the system, than 1 person being a jerk and afking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...