Plz god no more... my ears can't take it

Sycogenesis

1 minute ago, VRock said:

i'm glad i didn't listen the others versions of this game so i can't compare and feel angry.

So for 1st time listening this voices(and reading the story) i still enjoy but some are really bad like the one from Blackram supply chain dungeon "Enemy raiiiiiiid!" wtf is that squeaky voice?!

Also B&S team went cheap with VA.some VA do 2-3 characters and really bad. You can notice is same person doing the voices, for example the voice actor of chengun does after some voice of a lyn(yellow quest) in map when you realm walking like Madum.

Why not spend a little bit more and contract better VO? Because some really good VO can do 2 voices and you don't notice is him but here the quality is really low. 

Imagine them hiring DBZ VO Cast, holy shit.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is why ladies and gents i never ever watch american dubbed serie. They make awesome movies and have awesome actors, but by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the worst voiceactors in the entire world. Possibly the entire galaxy. Videogames don't create murderers, bad american voice dubbing does. 

2 minutes ago, Misaki said:

So has anyone gotten banned yet for using different audio file? I really want to change my sounds back to japanese these english voices are like nails on chalkboard.

Kind of wrong place to ask. This is official forums :)

Does it really matter? Lots of people here tell when they are getting banned so i figured someone might know ^^ since they did say its bannable to use different audio file or something about replacing files being wrong.

1 minute ago, Misaki said:

So has anyone gotten banned yet for using different audio file? I really want to change my sounds back to japanese these english voices are like nails on chalkboard.

Used it for five days now. Its safe for me, but I'd still advise against it if you care about getting banned, just to be on the safe side. I have no plans on spending money for this game nor I plan to in the foreseeable future, so I don't care all that much.

Using the Korean voice pack. Two noticible differences. 1. Voice acting sounds like it had effort. 2. Game is FULLY voice acted, INCLUDING side quests.

1 hour ago, SolidusBlitz said:

Wow.....now that I've actually heard the diff. English version is REEEaaaallly bad !

I agree on that, but with these specific examples, english version actually isn't that bad. Try with quests or voice acting that's not part of main cutscenes etc, now that's messed up:) Or characters like Dochun and the like.

Soha is one of the decently dubbed characters, at least in my opinion - literally nothing stands out, but that goes for bad things too, I can't hold much against the english VA when it comes to Soha. And in the second clip, all three variants seemed "legit" enough. Jinsoyun isn't voiced terribly in english version, Hong on the other side... I actually like the french Jinsoyun the most (at least in these clips).

That aside, I am still wondering why do it at all... With bad mics and actors to boot... We aren't toddlers. 

5 hours ago, Kensho1996 said:

I have to admit some of this voice acting IS horrible and has me constantly searching for a mute x npc option..

the one that got me was the vault keeper in Cinderlands .. sounds like the actress was woken up after not getting any sleep for a month and after hear it the 10th time i wanted to kill something

Is this the one that's like "you can put your stuff here. or not. whatever"?

The best comparison  to explain the voice actors in this ver is like streamers there is a few good voice actors in a sea of bad ones just like streamers there's a handful of good streamers in a sea of bad ones. also is it against the tos to change the voice packs?. i mean i still want subtitles  nor do i want my account banned for "hacking the files"

I AM COUNTER-*******-ATTACKING FOR NEXT 2.7 SECONDS <waive arms aimlessly and antically> SO IF YOU THROW A PUNCH I WILL RUN AN UNFAVORABLE RNG TO SEE IF I SOCK YOU BACK!!!

For love of God, not only is it annoying, frequent, STUPID, but the dreaded voice acting is makes me want to claw my eyes out. Now, female acting is all right. Some speeches blow my speakers (Poha's "looks painful" was recorded at like 140 decibels) but the men sound like insecure nerds. An inebrated geriatric in a drunken stupor could have acted better.

To me the game is 45% less enjoyable with the horrible English voices especially at lvl 30+, man it's like they gave up at that point...I can hear the voice bouncing off the recording box walls!

Personally I prefer the Chinese or Japanese voices, I think in terms of cinematic quality the Japanese ones are best. I don't know any / anything about Korean so I've never bothered trying listening, I'm sure they're fine too.

Also I'm certain at the very least, a quarter of the player base has been using fixed voices since CBT began. There was also another thread entirely about fixing the voices and the mods made no comment. So either they're working on implementing the option still like they said they supposedly would, or they don't care.

Also yeah @Skyfire every single NPC has a voice...even one you will talk to once or ones that don't even have quests for you. And that goes for the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese voices.

There's that one storage npc in cinderlands, the female voice who does not match the model at all and sounds so bored and out of it... GAWD,,, She repeats it every time you change tabs too. The recording quality is just bad too...

NCSoft: Hey we need you to dub this character.

Random employee: Okay... I'll do it...

•Duringlunchbreak•

Random employee: Oh right... dubbing...

•Takesoutiphone•

???

=

Internal ear bleeding.

It's just very inconsistent. There's clear effort put in to some of the clothing merchants, talking about fashion, or how they can't do anything with how pitiful you look, etc, but then there are the others like the general in the Talus camp who have good delivery but were clearly recorded in a home studio =p I've also mentioned in almost every survey that they really need to add voices to all the side quest NPCs. As many as we do, it just takes something out of the game to have nothing but text to read when we speak with them. That needs to be a priority.

You forgot the worst mob line :(

YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR MEEE!

Seriously though. I like the voice acting^^ It gives me hope that I, a random videogamer with no experience, can also become a voice actor. Thank you NC Soft for keeping my dream alive <3

1 hour ago, Skyfire said:

Wait, Korean version has even side quests voiced? ... The way we are getting treated, with disrespect and presumption that we are bunch of idiots with lots of money to spend, is starting to *cricket* me off.. 

Yeah. ALL side quests, (least, first half of Viridian) Even more voices outside of combat, questing, and clerks.

The English one took obvious shortcuts. Not just quality either.

Archived