Petition -> Marketplace Daily cap removal!

Sebonpai

i realise that Ncsoft is a company and  cares about cash flow BUT , the daily cap in marketplace is bad and destroys all the fun of trading.

at least make premiums unlock marketplace permamently. You can eliminate bots otherwise, this daily cap limit is just an excuse to greed!

i really like the game and i will pay for it but having this marketplace limit really F**** my fun.

subscribe if u agree guys

I'd agree i know its an anti-bot measure but it makes it nigh impossible for free players to earn a decent amount of gold, with out sinking a ton of cash into the game, or add an unlock... why not make it like the mail? if you bought ncoin it unlocks it or a number of them. 

16 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

I'd agree i know its an anti-bot measure but it makes it nigh impossible for free players to earn a decent amount of gold, with out sinking a ton of cash into the game, or add an unlock... why not make it like the mail? if you bought ncoin it unlocks it or a number of them. 

Naah, I doubt it's an anti-bot measure. It's probably designed that way so player that like to "play the market" and gear up through AH didn't outpace everyone. 

The limit is kinda skewed toward the whales, though. I would like it if they use a more balanced limit. 

This is the limit Btw, You can see how Rank 7-9 have 40 Daily limit while rank 10 have 100 Daily limit.

The red one "alternative" will be the limit i suggest...

EP7JPYr.png

The caps may be mainly a bot prevention feature, but they are very effective jackhole prevention also.

I've played many MMO's and in almost each one there are always the few people who "play" the marketplace. These people artificially inflate the market and price of items. Buying items just to re-list at higher prices. Destroying the natural economy and making the game far less enjoyable for many other players. Who don't have the time to either grind out the extra money or sit in front of an auction house window all day not actually playing the game.

The majority of the players (ie the ones who NCSoft make money from), that are playing the game, and not sitting and playing the games auction house, won't ever be bothered by these limits. The limits actually ensure they can enjoy playing the game without having to make it a chore. I for one fully support the marketplace limits. I'd rather spend my time hacking up mobs for fun then because I need more money, because someone has jacked up prices for no other reason then because they can.

The "free players" would be hurt the most by lifting the caps. It would be far more difficult for them to support their characters with out cash because lifting the caps would lead to price inflation for the items they are trying to get.

If you can't only enjoy a game without making things more miserable for other players. Well I don't have any advice for you, but I'm am sad for you.

16 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

The majority of the players (ie the ones who NCSoft make money from), that are playing the game, and not sitting and playing the games auction house, won't ever be bothered by these limits. The limits actually ensure they can enjoy playing the game without having to make it a chore. I for one fully support the marketplace limits. I'd rather spend my time hacking up mobs for fun then because I need more money, because someone has jacked up prices for no other reason then because they can.

Sorry, Myth. I have to disagree. If the ones who NCsoft make money from aren't bothered by these limits. Why does NCsoft put higher limit on higher rank of premium. They knew it's bothersome, that's why they give less restrictive limit on those that willing to pay.

1 hour ago, Sebonpai said:

i realise that Ncsoft is a company and  cares about cash flow BUT , the daily cap in marketplace is bad and destroys all the fun of trading.

at least make premiums unlock marketplace permamently. You can eliminate bots otherwise, this daily cap limit is just an excuse to greed!

i really like the game and i will pay for it but having this marketplace limit really F**** my fun.

subscribe if u agree guys

I don't get it.

with daily market cap = greedy ?

no daily market cap = not greedy ?

Currently, the stuff I need to buy always come in bulk in the market (never as a piece, like 90% of the time) so I have to keep refreshing the market listing and wait for around 10mins or so. One reason: market resellers (buy low, sell high). Be it bot or human.

IMHO the current system is fine as it is. The real issue is that some players tend to behave greedily, making it hard for other players especially new ones who only have bronzes/silvers with them.

8 minutes ago, Emya said:

I don't get it.

Currently, the stuff I need to buy always come in bulk in the market (never as a piece, like 90% of the time) so I have to keep refreshing the market listing and wait for around 10mins or so. One reason: market resellers (buy low, sell high). Be it bot or human.

IMHO the current system is fine as it is. The real issue is that some players tend to behave greedily, making it hard for other players especially new ones who only have bronzes/silvers with them.

He probably mean, limiting something in a game, and you got to pay to make the limit increased. 

I played alot of MMORPG, I've never encounter daily limit on trading in other MMORPG. BNS is the 1st game for me that have this limit.

So NCSOft = greedy, because you got to pay for something that's not even limited in other game.

2 hours ago, Emya said:

I don't get it.

yes exactly as the guy below u said, i personally love playing the game, and by that  i mean both questing (including daily quests) and farming and selling in marketplace! thats the reason you play an mmorpg. and if someone wants to farm whats the problem? if he stays willingly in the game and farms 24/7 he spends HIS time not urs so let him profit whats your problem ? 

no offense in any way possible, and sorry for my grammar, its bad i know

14 minutes ago, Sebonpai said:

yes exactly as the guy below u said, i personally love playing the game, and by that  i mean both questing (including daily quests) and farming and selling in marketplace! thats the reason you play an mmorpg. and if someone wants to farm whats the problem? if he stays willingly in the game and farms 24/7 he spends HIS time not urs so let him profit whats your problem ? 

no offense in any way possible, and sorry for my grammar, its bad i know

No offense taken, and sorry if my earlier post (or this following one) sounds offensive in any way... I don't intend to be mean.

I have nothing against farmers... in fact, I dare say they're beneficial in the in-game economy because they put in supply in the market... with more supply means lesser price in general (if the demand is constant). If what you're planning to sell is from your own loots, I have nothing against that.

What I'm against at as mentioned on my previous post are filthy resellers who make every price in the market sky high. They buy commodities sold in a fair price piece by piece then sell those items in bulk and in a higher price. On the server I play at, finding just a piece of needed breakthrough material in the market is difficult because they're all re-sold in bulk. Sure, all items can be farmed, but then again, not all have the time.

On other MMOs I played, most items can only be sold at the market once or twice to prevent resell abuse.

1 hour ago, Emya said:

What I'm against at as mentioned on my previous post are filthy resellers who make every price in the market sky high. They buy commodities sold in a fair price piece by piece then sell those items in bulk and in a higher price. On the server I play at, finding just a piece of needed breakthrough material in the market is difficult because they're all re-sold in bulk. Sure, all items can be farmed, but then again, not all have the time.

Have you ever consider that the reason those item are sold in bulk is because the daily limit ?  If there's no daily limit, I'm pretty sure some people would probably put their loot immediately after dungeon or after crafting finished. but because the daily limit, they would have to stacked it up and sold it in bulk.

In most game I played the so called reseller usually buy thing in bulk for cheap and then sell it at higher price per piece at small percentage higher. But in BNS I often find that item in small stack priced at double of those in bulk.

There is probably some limitation on the game so i doubt even in korea  u can put 500 and it's a good thing in my opinion.Yesterday i found something i never seen before  an extra commission to sell only 1 item in this case wakan necklace.If i would have sell 2 necklace together i wouldn't have to pay that extra commission so i had to sell that necklace a little bit higher in this case 5 silver.I don't want either a few persons controlling the whole market like i have seen in other games.That's what happen when amount of transaction in a game is too high it brings the wealth into only a few persons because prices always goes higher.

38 minutes ago, Rief said:

Have you ever consider that the reason those item are sold in bulk is because the daily limit ?  If there's no daily limit, I'm pretty sure some people would probably put their loot immediately after dungeon or after crafting finished. but because the daily limit, they would have to stacked it up and sold it in bulk.

In most game I played the so called reseller usually buy thing in bulk for cheap and then sell it at higher price per piece at small percentage higher. But in BNS I often find that item in small stack priced at double of those in bulk.

Sure, some people do sell in bulk because of the imposed limit. That's a given.

But wouldn't one have afterthoughts after seeing them being sold in regular stacks of 10 or 20 pieces or so for a crafting material on which you'd only need one?

Who would farm that many?

My image is that people usually stop farming after getting what they want then sell off their excess stocks, if they do have any. And when they do, they usually have just have one or two. Moreover, one would incur diminishing returns for putting in more of the same product in the market because of the "additional registration fee" penalty.

And why does the market rarely have just a piece or two of those items being sold?

2 hours ago, Emya said:

No offense taken, and sorry if my earlier post (or this following one) sounds offensive in any way... I don't intend to be mean.

I have nothing against farmers... in fact, I dare say they're beneficial in the in-game economy because they put in supply in the market... with more supply means lesser price in general (if the demand is constant). If what you're planning to sell is from your own loots, I have nothing against that.

On other MMOs I played, most items can only be sold at the market once or twice to prevent resell abuse.

yeah these guys destroy the game, so my idea is actually simple, if you buy an item in marketplace , why doesnt the spesific item get a cooldown for about 2-3 days? so that he cant re sell it.. dunno just an idea 

7 hours ago, wishery7 said:

You haven't heard? Soon they will be releasing consumable items in the hongmoon store which gives you adds 5 temps into your daily cap. Sorry but the devs have to make profit somehow. 

Cant hear it anymore. We all know that they have to earn money. Some games do it with *MICROtransactions*. Some do it with subscriptions. Some do it in other ways. We have all of it, and you cant even talk of microtransactions anymore with these prices. And everytime somebody says anything against any of this, somebody needs to say "they need to make money", as if they would go bankrupt if this specific element was ANY different than what it is right now.

As for the original topic, i totally agree. At least use the alternative somebody posted. It just seems really unreasonable to have to jump from 40 to 100 in rank 9 to 10. At that point you spend so much money that you wont need the marked place anymore most likely, especially after they sell expansions for ncoin & hcoin ^^ 

I personally wouldnt have any problems with a limit as long as it's not as ridiculously low as the one we got. I mean, rank 4-5 paid about 120-150 bucks on the game... and get's to sell like 30 items a day. That... just doesnt seem right and if people still think to argue about the "they need to make money somehow" - they got about 120+ bucks for that. It should be enough to expect some convenience. Other games require you to pay less than half of that and get you a full game for lifetime. "They need to make money with this specific system and otherwhise we wouldnt have a free to play game" is just an asinine argument. Stop being a white knight and come back to reality.

Edit: Oh and i also dont even think it's an anti-bot thing. I mean, .. you guys know as well as i do that they can just create accounts every five seconds and pretty much get unlimited markedplace that way, right? But the reason for this aside.. i dont think that capping the marked *at all* and especially this low, is a good thing. Especially for people that actually already paid a looot of money for the game.

4 hours ago, drkn335 said:

Agreed, it makes it almost impossible for f2p players to earn money.

There is nothing in the cash shop that really sells for huge amounts. I do dislike the fact that you pretty much need to get atleast a 1 week premium pack just to really function such as using mail. As far as that goes though you can make lots of money as a F2P. We are all F2P. There is no pay to win. Hell launch I spent 2 days just pure grinding Pokey and selling Viridian Poison when they were like 3s a piece. Even now they flux between 1.5 and 2.5s which for a low level is enough to farm up some very nice gems for their level. Sell them in stacks of 30. 

6 hours ago, Rief said:

Naah, I doubt it's an anti-bot measure. It's probably designed that way so player that like to "play the market" and gear up through AH didn't outpace everyone. 

The limit is kinda skewed toward the whales, though. I would like it if they use a more balanced limit. 

This is the limit Btw, You can see how Rank 7-9 have 40 Daily limit while rank 10 have 100 Daily limit.

The red one "alternative" will be the limit i suggest...

EP7JPYr.png

is this list applicable in the NA version of the game ? any source on that list ?

what you are implying is making the game pay2win. If as premium you are able to have unlimited marketplace sales slots, then you can create infinite money as long as you BUY premium. which will result in you getting money faster and getting your upgrades faster, thus making world pvp more easy. Same with unlimited sales slots for everyone, this will cause monopolies most probably. Besides, the game is not about the marketplace, it's about the world itself.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonBaelfire said:

what you are implying is making the game pay2win. If as premium you are able to have unlimited marketplace sales slots, then you can create infinite money as long as you BUY premium. which will result in you getting money faster and getting your upgrades faster, thus making world pvp more easy. Same with unlimited sales slots for everyone, this will cause monopolies most probably. Besides, the game is not about the marketplace, it's about the world itself.

No one talking about marketplace slot. They are talking about daily limit. It's different thing.

Marketplace slot is how many slot for item you can sell at market place.

Daily limit is how many item you can sell per day.

On F2P Players they have 10 slot, they can only sell 10 item per day.

On rank 1-3 Premium Player They have 10 slot, they can only sell 20 Item per day.

On rank 4-6 Premium Player They have 15 slot, they can only sell 30 Item per day.

On rank 7-9 Premium Player They have 15 slot, they can only sell 40 Item per day.

On rank 10 Premium Player They have 15 slot, they can only sell 100 Item per day.

6 hours ago, Rief said:

So NCSOft = greedy, because you got to pay for something that's not even limited in other game.

5 hours ago, drkn335 said:

Agreed, it makes it almost impossible for f2p players to earn money.

This limit isn't unique to NA, TW has it as well. However much we dislike being limited, it is a method to combat BOTs from taking over the market. Once we get Silverfrost mountain region where we can statically farm over 100+ soulstone/hr, how much do you think the price of soulstone will become, from its current 20S+? On TW, it is <@2S.

But the real question is now, how much of that 2S sale volume will be yours, when you remove the listing limit, and RMT market BOTs that can list their 5 at a time for a copper less the second you drop your price to beat theirs?

We may not like it, but the listing limit prevents these kind of under bidding, as well as BOTs listing hundreds of items and pushing yours to page 999.

5 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

This limit isn't unique to NA, TW has it as well. However much we dislike being limited, it is a method to combat BOTs from taking over the market. Once we get Silverfrost mountain region where we can statically farm over 100+ soulstone/hr, how much do you think the price of soulstone will become, from its current 20S+? On TW, it is <@2S.

But the real question is now, how much of that 2S sale volume will be yours, when you remove the listing limit, and RMT market BOTs that can list their 5 at a time for a copper less the second you drop your price to beat theirs?

We may not like it, but the listing limit prevents these kind of under bidding, as well as BOTs listing hundreds of items and pushing yours to page 999.

Attackat, I'm sorry... But I have to disagree with this system is built to fight against bot.

1. As you said it exist in BNS TW, and as you said in BNS TW soulstone is 2s each, so not exactly effective isnt it.

2. When you guys think bots in BNS, what you guys think ? 1 toon clumsily hacking mobs running allover the place ? no. It's the armies of lyn beating terror in misty wood, in multiple channels and multiple servers. They aren't just one or two, they are legion. How much of the 2s sale going to be ours ?

The system are never meant to fight against bots, even if those are the one keep being said. It is a restriction so people doesn;t gear up through market and instead by running dungeon. 

Archived