COMMUNITY PLEASE REBEL!

Succubus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not like people are compelled to buy those RNG boxes.

You don't really need them. At all.

They just put it there for people who want to gamble.

If you don't want to buy them, then don't. It's that simple :)

Let people who have $$$ spend however they want.

as long as its purely cosmetic who cares... but if theres any content with crafting items, stones, charms or even gears.. that would make it P2W and means instant uninstall lol. theres only so much stuff u can get get by playing dayly. extending this limit with a paywall.. will braek the game.

As long are more troll answer here than peoples who know how RNG system START and how RNG system END, i keep fight my war on reddit. Even if i already know that it's already lost. At least when this game will became like TERA, Vindictus, Scarlet Blade, Archage etc etc etc, that day i'll be able to say "I tryed" ._.

43 minutes ago, Krocodile said:

I'm fine with RNG boxes. Why?

For now, resetting your skills can be done at anytime and for free.

Game HAS to make money to survive, whether you like it or not.

So if we must choose between RNG boxes and a special item that resets skills....

RNG box all the way.

They could also just raise prices on the outfits if they're really hurting... (though I wouldn't be surprised if lowering them would do more for profits)

Suggesting it's a choice between skill reset and RNG boxes is, I believe the term is strawman.  That said, I'd prefer a cost for respec.  You can buy additional skill tab "profiles", so there's not much reason to respec.

42 minutes ago, Daerec said:

Well, here's the issue:   if people don't spend money on the game, it won't survive.  

If it's not RNG boxes, it'd need to be something else.   And, frankly, I think people would complain a lot more if it were things that would provide an advantage in playing the game. 

I think a more constructive version of this thread would be to suggest other things that NC Soft could sell instead.   I think you'd find thinking of things (that people would want to buy and that others wouldn't complain about) to be a lot harder than you would think.

This made me think.  IF you search for "micro transaction" or "RNG box" the general feedback for these things is unfavorable. Yet they exist and are in fact very prevalent.  To be fair, games have to make money.  When is the last time anyone told their boss that they no longer needed to get paid and will work for free?  

On the flip side, introducing RNG boxes this early in the NA/EU release seems a bit rash to me.  I'm sure the boxes will sell, but will it be worth the PR hit NCSoft is going to take?

What items does anyone think would generate money for the game without going into the grey area of RNG boxes?

I support this post with a huge image of mine

I just wanna let people know that it's not about a single RNG box now or later. the fact that ncsoft is relying on RNG methods is fearful and people must know how bad RNG is.

if you're thinking you're supporting the game this way, no you are not, you're just encouraging the developers to make more RNG boxes which eventually will have in-game breaking items.

it's the same exact thing that happened in Archeage they first released couple harmless RNG boxes then they flooded the game with them with crafting items and materials that you're suppose to farm by hard way and long effort and struggle, but this made it affordable through cash powers and made the game enter p2w phase eventually.

I might be one of few who has no hope in game developers in general, they all lie and they all work just for themselves, but if u do then that's too bad.

what's more to come if they heard the noise and rants we make about RNG is that they will try to adjust the % of boxes and even may reduce the quality of items but hell no they will eventually release what they want AND THEY WILL BREAK THE GAME

REBEL and if it doesn't work then RIOT

Rebellion1.jpg

1 minute ago, Pico said:

What items does anyone think would generate money for the game without going into the grey area of RNG boxes?

Well, it would take some development but...

If they sold emotes (and gave a way to keep track of them), along with things like new walking, running, idle animations, etc.

I'd buy them. Could even sell cheap, amusing things like joke titles.

(For example, imagine a jin male with a male lyn's walk, or similar.)

It's not RNG because that would imply the developer's didn't have precise control over what you get from the box.

You won't get your item XYZ unless your a whale, and that's not random people, not at all.

The problem is that no matter what you spend you could not get the item you're after. People wouldn't stand for it if they went to buy food but it was only a 1% chance you'd get it. NCSoft wouldn't stand for it if when we paid them there was a chance they wouldn't get the money. That % chance isn't even that 1/xxx has the outfit every time a box is opened it rolls to see if you get it. No amount of spending will up your chance. It's shady and we shouldn't stand for it.   

Archived