Premium vs F2P

WarM00se

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The unique thing that should be free for all players is the Wardrobe.

Premium players CAN buy a cool outfit, and storage on wardrobe. And then, he can buy another and another without problems.

Non-premium player, CAN buy a cool outfit, but can't storage on wardrobe, so why he will buy another if takes 1 slot of his inventory for ever?

B&S Japan had a free access to wardrobe, and my friend spend about 500$ just in the famous "Doboks" (outfits). But he never cared so much about VIP stuff.

I think definitely that people that have money to blow,have distinct gold and upgrade advantage. If i buy 3 outfits and break em down for fabric( well they were going for 1-2 G, ) now it's down. or can buy whatever weapon they need for upgrades- my dagger is now 2G for breakthrough, Im gonna grind a lil while for that! But if I had money I would just buy some gem hammers or whatever n sell em, make my 2 G and am much more capable in pvp matches and open world pvp,

3 minutes ago, GUSRG said:

The unique thing that should be free for all players is the Wardrobe.

Premium players CAN buy a cool outfit, and storage on wardrobe. And then, he can buy another and another without problems.

Non-premium player, CAN buy a cool outfit, but can't storage on wardrobe, so why he will buy another if takes 1 slot of his inventory for ever?

B&S Japan had a free access to wardrobe, and my friend spend about 500$ just in the famous "Doboks" (outfits). But he never cared so much about VIP stuff.

This exactly.

Why do I have to buy premium to save my costumes? Isn't paying 50$/€ for costumes themselves enough? What if I buy premium for a month, and decide to skip a month of premium because I'm going on vacations? Bye bye costumes?

That, and sending mail to our alts, they promissed us this and locked the mailing to alts when the game was released.

Last but not least, I want Hongmoon Coins!

2 minutes ago, viper5000 said:

I think definitely that people that have money to blow,have distinct gold and upgrade advantage. If i buy 3 outfits and break em down for fabric( well they were going for 1-2 G, ) now it's down. or can buy whatever weapon they need for upgrades- my dagger is now 2G for breakthrough, Im gonna grind a lil while for that! But if I had money I would just buy some gem hammers or whatever n sell em, make my 2 G and am much more capable in pvp matches and open world pvp,

The only thing it buys is time cause eventually all f2p players will have maxed out stuff too. Besides the most important PvP for most ppl (1v1) is not gear related.

14 minutes ago, Magozz said:

The game has 1 Million players on the NA version,

. Would you rather every aspect of the game be free so the company makes 0 money to improve/add more servers for people?

1- Its not NA only.

2- As i said you have MANY game making money only with skins.  So the "restriction" to get money doesnt work anymore. ( Unless you really want find not credible justification )

They ofc need to make money, but my problem here is HOW they make ppl pay.

And also, how much they ask you to pay for some features, like i said in somes other topic, 35+euros to unlock inv for ONE character only is more than abused.

kinda like the 15euros outfit.

+ its only basic logic, ask a LOT ( compare to what the product is really is ) phew ppl are going to buy, ask for a decent price many more ppl are going to buy.

As exemple sell a water bottle at 50euros, not a lot ppl are going to buy that, sell water bottle at 1euros, many are going to buy.

They are quite sneaky and they also are kinda too greedy.

( still sorry i dont explain myself correctly enough in english, but lets hope you are smart enough to get the idea ;) )

1 minute ago, wootwoots said:

1- Its not NA only.

2- As i said you have MANY game making money only with skins.  So the "restriction" to get money doesnt work anymore. ( Unless you really want find not credible justification )

And also, how much they ask you to pay for some features, like i said in somes other topic, 35+euros to unlock inv for ONE character only is more than abused.

+ its only basic logic, ask a LOT ( for what the product is really is ) phew ppl are going to buy, ask for a decent price many more ppl are going to buy.

As exemple sell a water bottle at 50euros, not a lot ppl are going to buy that, sell water bottle at 1euros, many are going to buy.

( still sorry i dont explain myself correctly enough in english, but lets hope you are smart enough to get the idea ;) )

Yeah u really dont know how good our shop already is :/ just be happy with how it is and stop complaining or do u rather want to have cheaper costumes and then have to buy ur weapons and stuff in the shop ? ...

The paying players are the one making this game free if we stopped paying there would be no free game and then every one would have to pay to play and thats why paying players get the rewards there paying the free players game play

I'm still playing as f2p player here, still not convinced with the case of russian+ ip ban after a local publisher takeover. I wouldn't want another TERA.

Anyway, I had no issues with almost everything in the premium benefit except the wardrobe. It is a basic feature as it is in every other client out there.

I see it not as an incentive but rather as a penalty. And rather having wardrobe storage would be an incentive for non-premium subscribers to spend their cash on the seasonal outfits on the shop.

On the other hand, the mail system is a necessary feature, I think. Otherwise people would just spam alts to farm for their professions.

With the mail restriction at least if they want to have that kind of advantage at least they should contribute to the server health, which is real money by subscribing.

Also, mind you that even if someone is a non-premium subscribers doesn't mean that they had not spent money on the game. Some people just pay for outfits and items from the shop, in fact, most good f2p mmo (especially in the east) earn their money from virtual merchandise, which is why popular mmo had collaboration items (like in Japan and Korea). A good example is the collaboration of BnS with the Hello Kitty franchise last year. This is the actual thing that keeps player to stay in the game, premium services are more of a bait to encourage new users, imo.

27 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

1- Its not NA only.

+ its only basic logic, ask a LOT ( compare to what the product is really is ) phew ppl are going to buy, ask for a decent price many more ppl are going to buy.

If it wasn't for the wardrobe i wouldn't have got premium and im sure that's the same with many others.

Also you whole cosmetic thing isn't true >.> that only works for league of legends because in reality most of a companies income comes from account stuff like inventory space or more characters.

In fact almost all games claim that is their #1 earner even in mmos despite how nice their outfits look.

People don't buy costumes they buy things they need for the most part so assuming that cosmetic items will earn enough just isnt true.

Also i think they should make the pouchs and slots and appearance stuff tradeable in my opinion then they would sell 10x more of them and add an item for premium so that way f2p players can just buy it for gold like they did in tera.

I would make all cash outfits tradeable to >.> that would sell a ton and let f2p players buy any costume they want.

21 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

1- Its not NA only.

Its still the NA version on which they have a million players.....It costs to host that many servers for that many amount of players. Like many of people have said everything in the cash shop is purely optional. If they charge you alot for it then don't buy it and just grind for it in game.  If people are interested in dropping hundreds of dollars to convenience themselves let them do as they wish. You can get 7 day premium for cheap and just lvl a few characters and do whatever needs be done in those 7 days. Pouches cost that much if you wanna pay out right away sure, but after questing and farming you can easily get a good enough amount to not have to pay anywhere near 35+. Other then getting into games faster and wardrobe(which was free in other versions and might turn into free here) there's no unfair advantage to paying.

1 minute ago, BestCatGirl said:

The only premium feature that i'd like to be for all is the money drop from monsters. 

I tested that at max level >.> the money you get is next to nothing.

Mine once and you will get more then you could earn in an entire day from killing mobs >.> i have no clue why its even there.

38 minutes ago, Magozz said:

The game has 1 Million players on the NA version

Just want to point out, that the 1 million players is for the West in total.

As for the topic at hand.

A lot of people mistake this game for being a pure F2P game.

Wake up people.

It's a Freemium game.

There's also no p2w elements in this game, at all.

Some have said that the wardrobe and benefits are p2w, but they're not. False statements made by jealous people (or most likely kids who can't get their parents to open their wallets).

P2W is only in effect when you

a> can buy items from a cash shop with stats that gives you an advantage over non-paying players

b> can buy damage boosters from a cash shop for an advantage over non-paying players

P2W only affects PVP aspects of a game, and no wardrobe is going to make you win more arena/duel matches or faction wars.

In PVE you compete against the environment. There's no P2W in PVE.

The current bonuses for Premium are fine. People complaining are just jealous crybabies really.

I know a few people who simply refuses to use this forum because of all the whining and complaining. Some of them are also using the f2p option in the game.

A wardrobe is a convenience feature, it is not a must. If people are costume hoarders, they should go for Premium and stop whining.

Those claiming to be Premium wanting the wardrobe to be for everyone are most likely lying.

You get every important item you need ingame as drops or daily quest rewards or through crafting.

Just now, ShadowRose said:

I tested that at max level >.> the money you get is next to nothing.

Mine once and you will get more then you could earn in an entire day from killing mobs >.> i have no clue why its even there.

getting 1 silver from killing several monsters at the same time is really good especially if you're a class that can do it. I'm at a point in the game where upgrading my accessories and weapon costs a lot of gold in total and getting that extra money from killing monsters while doing quests would help a lot

1 minute ago, BestCatGirl said:

getting 1 silver from killing several monsters at the same time is really good especially if you're a class that can do it. I'm at a point in the game where upgrading my accessories and weapon costs a lot of gold in total and getting that extra money from killing monsters while doing quests would help a lot

Lol imagine the max weapon stuff >.> i hear it takes like 100 moon transformation stones >.> and atm they cost 8 gold each :D

5 minutes ago, Ord said:

Just want to point out, that the 1 million players is for the West in total.

As for the topic at hand.

A lot of people mistake this game for being a pure F2P game.

Wake up people.

It's a Freemium game.

There's also no p2w elements in this game, at all.

Some have said that the wardrobe and benefits are p2w, but they're not. False statements made by jealous people (or most likely kids who can't get their parents to open their wallets).

P2W is only in effect when you

a> can buy items from a cash shop with stats that gives you an advantage over non-paying players

b> can buy damage boosters from a cash shop for an advantage over non-paying players

P2W only affects PVP aspects of a game, and no wardrobe is going to make you win more arena/duel matches or faction wars.

In PVE you compete against the environment. There's no P2W in PVE.

The current bonuses for Premium are fine. People complaining are just jealous crybabies really.

I know a few people who simply refuses to use this forum because of all the whining and complaining. Some of them are also using the f2p option in the game.

A wardrobe is a convenience feature, it is not a must. If people are costume hoarders, they should go for Premium and stop whining.

Those claiming to be Premium wanting the wardrobe to be for everyone are most likely lying.

You get every important item you need ingame as drops or daily quest rewards or through crafting.

This, you just hit these kids with reality.

Kids who don't spend money wanna get the benefits (that has nothing related to P2W AT ALL) that people who paid has.

They have the game for free, with full contents yet they're still whining, crying.

It's like saying "Hey, this guy spent 1200 Ncoin for the costume, it looks so good. I didn't pay for it, i don't have it, it's so unfair."

Guess wut kids, GTFO.

True! try to understand every MMO has like this, and its for the better for the server, stop whining about the premium players, better u dont have any costumes or just wait for months to take your inventory open through daily spins.

Just now, DustinMcDohl said:

you do realize that there are foods in the cash shop that give stats, that's free players dont exactly have easy access to

Wrong >.> they can be bought with hongmoon coins and are cheap >.> just in leveling one character i earned 3 tokens so saying its not easy is just a lie.

They might wanna make the tokens tradeable in the future though.

Maybe as a happy medium for the wardrobe for F2P, vs P2P would be:

Add the wardrobe free for all users, however add it to where it is an account wide wardrobe for all premium players, so they do not have to buy a costume a 2nd time, or mail to their alts?

Also allow it to only be used from anywhere for players paying for the subscription, and only at a NPC for free players to be able to use the wardrobe.

Thus allowing all to use it, however the convenience of using it anywhere, for any characters on an account being linked to subscriptions only. 

1 hour ago, Murtalhas said:

yeah i completly agree with @dustyjones but the only thing they should do to help f2p is to unboud the bags used to expand the inventory (bank/bag) so people who like to pay can buy those bags to f2p people and we all win.  Money for some and happyness for others.

They can only be Applied during PVE not PVP so not exactly a P2W Item.

Archived