Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

If you mean buying from gold sellers ehhhh.... I could understand why, but I've checked prices and holy moly what kind of idiot you should be to use their services... And some also sell lvl'ing services... Almost 200$ for lvl 1-45...... TWO HUNDRED! Seems like gold sellers are bots them self x.x

Like this game has most expensive and worst gold selling services I have ever seen and probably that's why I see prices of some stuff going down since noo ne is using them lol.

Only problem I have is chat with 50 block limit >.>

In this case NCSoft should sell gold and max lvl characters itself and problem will be sorted.

2 minutes ago, Zygar said:

No, no it's not.

Irony:  a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

We're arguing semantics, and usually this ends with both people disagreeing. So I'll agree to disagree. But I'll leave you with this.

"an event that seems contrary to what one expects"

In this case, I agree with OP that I don't know why there are even gold farmers to begin with. Like, who would even be naive enough to BUY from them???

And then, contrary to what I may expect, I see a post on the forums asking for sites on where to buy gold. lol. How..hmm..what's the word...ironic!

Just now, Flareon said:

200 dollars for lvl 1-45 lol, I did it in like less than a week ... not even hard. Do people really pay people to play the game for them? 

They probably also pay them to do the end game stuff for them and the new updates and patches and eventually make fanmadeseasonpass for upcoming updates. And finally pay for them to chat for them too.

Try to farm some Quarz and ask yourself 5 hours later with only 3 cinderland quarz stones... should i buy gold from farmers?

Im not suggesting you to buy from spammers, but if NCSoft doesnt run a little more about banning/controlling bots this game will be mandatory to buy gold.

I famr about 7-10g per day with dailies and some gold farming, i played every fking day since the 1 day of head start, and i saw some people with accesories improved with the 5 moonwater transformation stone (10gold each), this makes me thing in 2 posibilities... 1, they had some "stupid" friends/clanmates who gived him gold/stones. 2, they have just bough gold, so NCSoft is not hunting that kind of people.

Anyway, what i think of my self after playing about 100 hours is... im like a useless level 45.

As of yesterday, the Cerulean faction chat on Poharan is full of them too. The problem seems to just be getting worse, honestly.

The only reprieve we get (and I mean literally, the ONLY) is at night when it's so queued that no one gets in. Otherwise you can sit there blocking one wave of spammers just to get hit by 5 more 40 seconds later. You could sit there all day just reporting and blocking and it would do no good, and you'd have not played the game at all, lol. I gave up yesterday after spending 20 minutes blocking them over and over. Easier to just disable faction chat entirely and play...but it does suck not having anyone to talk to or ask questions.

Fact is we could sit here for hours complaining about how bad it is, but at the end of the day either NCSoft will fix it or they won't. None of our feedback's going to help either way.  I'm leaning toward not based on past experience, but we can hope.

I sitll dont get why they havent done that. They could make faction chat lvl20 even. It would take atleast a week or 3 before they figure out how to do that with bots. By then they can figure out a permanent fix. I havent talked to anyone for like an hour already and it just feels dead a boring to me.

I just logged out because I don't want to see it anymore. It's in every channel and its endless. I cleared my list this morning as I foolishly thought they would be gone by now.

My list was full again within 15 mins. I spent more time looking at chat and blocking than playing the damn game.

I actually want to interact with people as I explore the world. I don't want to turn off every chat channel. :/

Do something! 

This game is dead to me if they don't fix this *cricket*ing bullshit spam, /region as been taken over it's not longuer usable. Now our /faction channel as been taking over, no longer usable either. I can't talk to anyone, I'm getting spammed to *cricket*ing oblivion and now I'm even starting to received whisper. This game is *cricket*ing dead to me if you don't do something right *cricket*ing now.

2 minutes ago, Nemesia said:

Try to farm some Quarz and ask yourself 5 hours later with only 3 cinderland quarz stones... should i buy gold from farmers?

Im not suggesting you to buy from spammers, but if NCSoft doesnt run a little more about banning/controlling bots this game will be mandatory to buy gold.

I famr about 7-10g per day with dailies and some gold farming, i played every fking day since the 1 day of head start, and i saw some people with accesories improved with the 5 moonwater transformation stone (10gold each), this makes me thing in 2 posibilities... 1, they had some "stupid" friends/clanmates who gived him gold/stones. 2, they have just bough gold, so NCSoft is not hunting that kind of people.

Anyway, what i think of my self after playing about 100 hours is... im like a useless level 45.

I would suggest you finding decent guild. For example you need 1 crafter in guild and get him moonwater recipe or w/e it's called so he could craft transformation stones. Now other people group up to parties of 6 and go do daily dungeons + faction quests. At the end they send soul stones and other needed stuff to crafter and in 20hrs guild has 10 stones and gives 1 to each member that took part in farming and sharing materials. Now if you happen to get second recipe - you can make 20 stones in 20 hours. It's all about teamwork lol. And with each crafting complete 10 members gets stronger. Which means more stuff can be done faster.
Now you can be solo as well and get 10 all by your self, but guild method is cheapest and best for beginning.

So I wouldn't call it stupid lol.

34 minutes ago, Somnolence said:

There is nothing worthwhile to spend the gold on in this game. AFAIK you only need it for crafting/transmuting/appearance change but you get enough of gold when leveling and you have dailies at top lvl that would be sufficient but upgrading your char would be one time thing only. Crafting? Nobody that buys gold would do it for crafting profit, most likely bots themselves would undercut everybody then.

As such I do not understand why this problem exists in this game at all. 

One thing to consider is that *are* these gold selling sites only in the business of farming for gold (or scamming people out of gold) and then selling it? or are they also involved in stuff like identity theft or credit card fraud? when you deal with an established business like Amazon you know that you are dealing with an online retailer.  When you deal with a gold seller site do you *really* know who or what it is you are dealing with? are you dealing with some college student that just needs a little bit of money so that they can buy more ramen noodles and fix their honda civic? or are you dealing with an organization like the Triad or the Russian Mafia?

See if these gold seller sites are also into CC fraud or ID theft then it doesnt matter if they undercut everybody and sell 10g for 1 dollar.  If their goal was to lure you onto their site or get your CC info from you then the money they lost from that 10g transaction doesnt matter...not when they have the chance at trying to steal your personal info.

...thats just my tinfoil hat theory anyways

6 minutes ago, ryrich said:

We're arguing semantics, and usually this ends with both people disagreeing. So I'll agree to disagree. But I'll leave you with this.

"an event that seems contrary to what one expects"

In this case, I agree with OP that I don't know why there are even gold farmers to begin with. Like, who would even be naive enough to BUY from them???

And then, contrary to what I may expect, I see a post on the forums asking for sites on where to buy gold. lol. How..hmm..what's the word...ironic!

The irony would be if you were the gold seller and asked where to buy gold.

Has anyone else encountered these unblockable spammers? Is there a workaround? Spam was pretty bearable but not being able to block is pretty much a deal breaker for me. Hope the ones that stick around have a better experience as time passes.

Only thing you can do is remove region chat in general. This will remove majority of gold sellers/bots in your chat window.

Other than that you can hope they decide to go a bit extreme and make this game P2P. Even if we would lose some of playerbase, it would be only a gain. Sometimes you must sacrifice to achieve the goals.

I got my blocklist filled up in second day of game play, i think.

So, 24 hours ago, I got really fade up with all these in-your-face spammers and wanted to check if BnS team had responded to my previous spam reports. I went into removing few and to my utter disappointment, they were still spamming like hell.

We as players really need a solution for this crap.

I see there are BnS game streamers with 10k viewers promoting gold selling sites with their own coupon codes. I'm starting to think that BnS doesn't have any ToS term to block these sellers.

Archived