Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nibaki said:

People should start realizing that reporting bots won't make a difference, that's just plain stupid thinking that way.

Best thing to do atm: Remove region chat. It will make it a bit easier.

Now thats silly to think this way.  Right now they have found their way into party / region / faction chat... there is no stopping them.  If the report > bot function was working correctly...  it would help a lot more than having to delete / block gold spammers over and over instead of playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

People should start realizing that reporting bots won't make a difference, that's just plain stupid thinking that way.

Best thing to do atm: Remove region chat. It will make it a bit easier.

We are the gamers who are paying. You're NOT pushing devs to take action

Then nothing can be done except hope for game to turn in P2P or die out so these companies don't see the potential. The game might die out cause of bots alone, so I wouldn't worry about it much, just wait a month or two.

1 minute ago, seabass315 said:

Now thats silly to think this way.  Right now they have found their way into party / region / faction chat... there is no stopping them.  If the report > bot function was working correctly...  it would help a lot more than having to delete / block gold spammers over and over instead of playing the game.

It's not silly cause in the end, it helps a little bit.

But it's true, I noticed they are starting to invade other chats. Just hope the game turns P2P or dies out.

3 minutes ago, Galadriel said:

We are the gamers who are paying. You're NOT pushing devs to take action

Sure bro. They will have no choice but to take action in the end. I just can't figure many ways they could do it.

And report system won't work no matter what. If it gets to that level, it will get abused by players. Not a good idea either.

3 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

It's not silly cause in the end, it helps a little bit.

But it's true, I noticed they are starting to invade other chats. Just hope the game turns P2P or dies out.

At this point a lot of people are quiting, not because the game is bad but because the block system is bad.  If they didnt have the limit on the block system set to 50 but instead to say 1000 it would be fine. I dont mind the bots if i can block them but, I do mind them if i cant even see whats going on in faction chat because they are spamming so much crap.

I had to basically turn off region / party chat because of them...  and short of quiting the game until they fix this I will have to do the same for faction chat

Alright i already know there's lots of threads about these gold spammers. But i'm surprised there isn't a chat lockout in this game like there is others. For instance, you type to many messages in a small amount of time and you get chat locked for like 5mins or so. Repeated offenses should result in longer chat lockouts. Dunno why this isn't in here.

1 minute ago, seabass315 said:

At this point a lot of people are quiting, not because the game is bad but because the block system is bad.  If they didnt have the limit on the block system set to 50 but instead to say 1000 it would be fine. I dont mind the bots if i can block them but, I dont mind them if i cant even see whats going on in faction chat because they are spamming so much crap.

I had to basically turn off region / party chat because of them...  and short of quiting the game until they fix this I will have to do the same for faction chat

It will be fun to see this project die so fast. It won't stop me from playing though, I don't communicate IG anyway.

Can't Ncsoft do something about their website? And how about adding a system where if you report them for bot they get a popup where they have to type out what's in the picture (if they don't fill it out in certain amount of time they dc), also increase block cap, don't allow people to repeat the same thing just add a timer to it so maybe they can say the same thing every 5 min or allow them to say the same thing twice every 5min and lastly make a lvl requirement for regional chat.

Even if they would level the blocking list next thing people would complain is that the queue would become longer because gold sellers makes more accounts so getting a bigger blocking list is at best a short term solution what they need to do is reduce their numbers.

i have a special chat tab with Clan, Damage, system  and stop, i called it NO SPAM. It is working  like a charm and  when i need to go  farm dungeon i use TS with guild mates or  LFG function (i see gold spammer which create group only for spam there too). In my opinion if NC want stop this curse MUST have in game GM which can ban all account which spam gold selling,

BTW this is the first mmo i play without in game gm assistance and this is a bad thing

5 minutes ago, seabass315 said:

At this point a lot of people are quiting, not because the game is bad but because the block system is bad.  If they didnt have the limit on the block system set to 50 but instead to say 1000 it would be fine. I dont mind the bots if i can block them but, I dont mind them if i cant even see whats going on in faction chat because they are spamming so much crap.

I came to play an MMO and i have to choose to play almost a solo because that I have to turn off chats. I mean if i needed a MMO experience, I wouldn't turn off chat. It might be me, but, chat makes us express. Turning it off is never the solution.

Either, BnS team need to get some volunteers to work on these ban system or this is just not going to work.

AND ANOTHER THOUGHT.

What is the action taken against streamers who promote gold selling sites?

11 minutes ago, Boctoona said:

It feels much more like an attack on the game, hell look at the posts here random bots posting in the forums now

holy i saw that post!!! its marriage something right?

damn im starting to get a conspiracy feeling that this is not simple gold spamming but company wars or something o.o

Archived