Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

The bots are very annoying, as soon as I joined a faction the chat was filled with it.

I hope the issue is fixed soon, on another thread one of the team/GM/whatever you would call them commented on this, saying it would be looked into.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Magz said:

Clueless munchie is clueless.

It IS killing communication of faction chat. Then again, what would you know since you clearly are just on the forums, not ingame.

It's killing the small talk that happens in faction chat about beer, weed, memes, yo momma jokes, shit and fart jokes, etc. Big whoop! It's NOT inhibiting you from actually playing the game lol...

3 hours ago, Rosell said:

But I think 50% of them are bots.

Seriously NCSoft, this is really *cricket*ed up. Faction chat, party finder, arena, cross-dungeon, zone.

Can you do something about it please?

b714pf.jpg

It took them less than 10minutes to spam like that, and it's still going on, everyone just gave up on the faction chat.

Edit: seems better now, but how about later?

Make it 90% and we good .

It would be nice if the GM's would assign techs to go in and manually block spammers for us. Just have a live human watching for spammers and start blocking them from chat altogether until there is a fix in place in the game. It is so bad right now you can't even play the game.

Personally, seeing how the bots are most likely using simple scripts I'd say it would be easy to fix the bot problem with just a few things added:

A dynamic/random quest with a level requirement used as a prerequisite for using regional/global chatforms. This would severely limit the amount of bots able to spam and it would most likely only happen in the beginner town, really. And the fact that it would have been a dynamic quest with randomly located objectives would prevent static scripts from properly completing the quest without having the person behind all the bots having to complete the quest for each bot singlehandedly whilst first having to grind his way to, let's say... Level 15? Sounds like a fair requirement to me.

This is just a rough draft I'd have thought up so far, but it seems quite simple to create and to use for limiting bots.

I've suggested this in another thread, but I don't think it's a bad idea to spread it so it might eventually reach the ears of developers:

"Personally, seeing how the bots are most likely using simple scripts I'd say it would be easy to fix the bot problem with just a few things added:

A dynamic/random quest with a level requirement used as a prerequisite for using regional/global chatforms. This would severely limit the amount of bots able to spam and it would most likely only happen in the beginner town, really. And the fact that it would have been a dynamic quest with randomly located objectives would prevent static scripts from properly completing the quest without having the person behind all the bots having to complete the quest for each bot singlehandedly whilst first having to grind his way to, let's say... Level 15? Sounds like a fair requirement to me.

This is just a rough draft I'd have thought up so far, but it seems quite simple to create and to use for limiting bots.

21 minutes ago, Jaridavin said:

Because gold sellers are the only problem in chat.

So many people I see complain about the gold spamming in chat, but for me it's hiding away all of the racist remarks and *cricket* jokes I was reading before it grew so large. I'm not saying to keep the bots, I'm saying bots isn't the biggest threat I see in there (Plus honestly if people stopped buying gold they'd be out of bisuness, specially since they're spending $5 for each bot to spam.)

That's what the block list was  intended for.

Right now it's used to stop spam. Which shouldn't be the case.

4 minutes ago, Deltris said:

It would be nice if the GM's would assign techs to go in and manually block spammers for us. Just have a live human watching for spammers and start blocking them from chat altogether until there is a fix in place in the game. It is so bad right now you can't even play the game.

im not really sure how the spammers make the game unplayable, i play the game fined, opened up a new chat tab that only has system, whisper, party, and clan chat. i don't even notice the spammers. unless you mean all the accounts jacking the queue up, well in that case.... i got nothing. i bought premium, i enjoy the game enough that 5 bucks isnt a big deal. gold spammers and bots have had 0 impact on my enjoyment of the game. the queue sucked, i delt with it for a couple days, then got tired of it and went ahead and bought premium.

8 minutes ago, EhUEHUHE said:

Bots don't have trouble with leveling lol .

That is why faction rank requirement is better, try botting with faction outfit, free points for opposing faction lol

1 minute ago, Raiya said:

well all the spamming just suddenly stopped o_o Maybe they just mass banned their IP's :D

I'm seeing the same thing as well.. I'm shocked! From non stop spam to completely quiet. No idea how, but I hope it lasts?

3 hours ago, Gamerchick said:

This will turn me away from this game, and honestly I like this game a lot.  They really really need to do something about this.

I'm curious as to what you think they can do.  the bot account making the announcements is not the bot account making the money.  :p  So, while a GM on the ball could deal with it quickly enough, that leaves the bots out there still.  :p

19 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

It's killing the small talk that happens in faction chat about beer, weed, memes, yo momma jokes, shit and fart jokes, etc. Big whoop! It's NOT inhibiting you from actually playing the game lol...

Small talk in low level chat?

You must mean all the "WoW was first MMORPG!!" and other non-related garbage that spews from peoples fingers on a regular basis.....

3 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Small talk in low level chat?

You must mean all the "WoW was first MMORPG!!" and other non-related garbage that spews from peoples fingers on a regular basis.....

Yes, "small talk" or talking about unimportant things like that lol

"This MMO was better", Beer, weed, memes, yo momma jokes, shit and fart jokes - it's all unimportant small talk

I've said it before a few times, but since threads get deleted I'll have to post it here:

"Personally, seeing how the bots are most likely using simple scripts I'd say it would be easy to fix the bot problem with just a few things added:

A dynamic/random quest with a level requirement used as a prerequisite for using regional/global chatforms. This would severely limit the amount of bots able to spam and it would most likely only happen in the beginner town, really. And the fact that it would have been a dynamic quest with randomly located objectives would prevent static scripts from properly completing the quest without having the person behind all the bots having to complete the quest for each bot singlehandedly whilst first having to grind his way to, let's say... Level 15? Sounds like a fair requirement to me.

This is just a rough draft I'd have thought up so far, but it seems quite simple to create and to use for limiting bots." 

How hard is it to block gold spammers!?!?! surely they are the only people receiving a steady stream of blocks all day. Ohhhh wait NCSOFT is pruposely allowing the gold spamming and have low down shady deals with the Chinese gold spamming account hacking cartels.

NCSOFT needs to renegotiate with the gold spamming account hacking botter cartel, because they are actually runuing the social aspect of the game, which is the driving aspect of a game like this. people are going to start quitting the game like I am. The botters aren't just excessive, they actually made the game unplayable since you literally can't block all of botters with the 50 block list limit, and expanding the limit does NOT solve the problem.

There were just under 250 unique gold spammers within 10 minutes on old man cho server this afternoon. That is insane and a sign that NCSOFT are not very good at this thing they are doing. Maybe NCSOFT has a few good employees, but the people in charge of NCSOFT are some shady crooks and the worst of the worst in the video game industry.

If spam is seriously an issue and is impeding on your gameplay.....(for what reason I will never understand.....), get to Tomun Range as soon as possible.

Levels 1 - 20 is like the tutorial for the game and is where the bots are going to be the heaviest for now due to no time investment required. Once you get past the tutorial zones, there is no spam. Well, I lie, there is spam, just moronic mouth breathers stinking up chat...

1 hour ago, Amordys said:
  1. Don't allow new accounts to talk in anything but local and party until they reach level 10.  These bots are only leveling to lvl 4 or 5 before starting their spam. This could be a great game, but so many people are having to spend so much of their time blocking, and there shouldn't even be a black limit. There's no reason to have it.   
  2. Have an in-game captcha that must be typed in and this enables chat.
  3. When a bot is reported, put a global mute on this account. This mute you'd place on the account would not make the client/user/bot aware that they are muted(no warning). They would stay on the server, which is lame, they'd take up space but they wouldn't bother people already in game. Every time they'd type they'd see their input but they wouldn't know that nobody is actually seeing what they're saying. Like a ghost, spooky I know. XD

Since my post got removed and- relocated here. These were my suggestions on how to deal with Gold spammers with the least cons. IMO.

Archived