Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Xerorei said:

They failed MASSIVElY and NC Soft admitted it.

It wasn't until after they went f2p that they started to make money.

Lineage 2 hemorrhaged subs within six months

Aion even sooner, you can actually google up the charts and comare

The only game they had that had a markedly slower decline was City of Heroes and they axed that to put up their korean grinder crap front and center.

Also "the game will fail", funny I never typed that, I didn't even think that, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said they will fail but if they don't act soon then BnS will be yet another failed attempt at a game release in the West. Also be assured that both L2 and Aion are considered failures by the industry.

You honestly think that if people had paid for a box and had to sub that they'd not be charging back their purchases by now? Get real.

I wasn't specifically directing my responses to you, but to those in general who feel like you do. A lot of them are in fact saying that the game will fail, when in fact it will not. Yes, Lineage 2 and Aion had a rocky start, but so did WoW, ESO, SWTOR, FFXIV, Wildstar, ArcheAge, GW2, etc., etc. and all of those titles are still going strong. Sure, previous players might be saying that the game "failed," but if there are official servers running and a healthy player base, I call that still "going strong" and Aion and Lineage 2 have been going strong for about a decade now. Sure, we don't see bots and spammers in every game, because it depends on how the game was made/coded, of course. Spammers and bots are usually only prominent in Korean-made titles such as this one (and Aion and Lineage 2). I'm not sure why that is, but it is what it is. These small, foreseen issues aren't going to completely ruin this game like people think....

Oh wow we are from the same server and Legion lol. I was online when the Legion chat spam started today blocked over 50 bots in under 5mins then just gave up. Must be a few 100 different bots just spamming our Faction chat its just crazy.

People cant do anything as they are spending all there time trying to block spam bots and now we cant use Faction chat at all. People are saying they are going to stop playing the game because of the spam and you cant blame them. NC Soft you need to do something have a few GMs go around the servers at random have a look at the chats and start banning any bots they see spamming.

Just now, Lorel said:

Oh wow we are from the same server and Legion lol. I was online when the Legion chat spam started today blocked over 50 bots in under 5mins then just gave up. Must be a few 100 different bots just spamming our Faction chat its just crazy.

People cant do anything as they are spending all there time trying to block spam bots and now we cant use Faction chat at all. People are saying they are going to stop playing the game because of the spam and you cant blame them. NC Soft you need to do something have a few GMs go around the servers at random have a look at the chats and start banning any bots they see spamming.

Right, because what is happening in chat totally inhibits you from playing the game at all. /s

My opinion? That small minority of people can just leave...

Because gold sellers are the only problem in chat.

So many people I see complain about the gold spamming in chat, but for me it's hiding away all of the racist remarks and *cricket* jokes I was reading before it grew so large. I'm not saying to keep the bots, I'm saying bots isn't the biggest threat I see in there (Plus honestly if people stopped buying gold they'd be out of bisuness, specially since they're spending $5 for each bot to spam.)

35 minutes ago, Dragonblade said:

I propose  that NCSoft sets a timer on the same text that is being spammed. That or restrict texts involving website text combinations and such.

This would be step 1 to the problem. I was very surprised that they didn't already have some kind of chat spam timeout feature before it released in the West since this is already an established game in the East and they should have had these problems before. These bots are spamming every 5 seconds so it looks like significantly more are flooding chat channels. It might be a resource and development issue, somewhere along the lines they failed to add it into the system to time out/block/suspend suspicious accounts and considering the Que issue as well earlier this week, they can use all the $$ they gained for people buying premium que access so their wait times wouldn't be hours long to combat the gold sellers.

Make faction chat 20+ only

At level 19, introduce a series of quests that requires an actual person to be present in order to keep gaining exp/gold. If the person fails, they're given 1 more chance to retake it. If you fail a 3rd time, you have to ask support.

Add a 20 sec timer to all chats.

It's not gonna stop bots (nothing will), but at least it will slow them down enough.

It was pretty bad. You know what was cool though? in about 20m they all dissappeared. they were in chat for a total of aprox 20-15m? pretty good response time from the GM's if you ask me. 

Yeah, it sucks. But at the least, NCsoft is pretty active on killing it where they see it. not much else they can do honestly, except wait for it to die down. It will...eventually. 

39 minutes ago, Bahaliel said:

Today is been the worst spam i have ever seen, Pesky gold spammers are like a hydra, you cut one head and 2 more grow in its place!

I get your point... But that screenshot is technically promoting them, and spreading their spam across the forums.

It would probably be best to remove it.

At the minimum they need to introduce chat restrictions on non premium members below lvl20 at least. Its not the best option but these fail@life shites are breeding spambots faster than the playerbase can block em theyre overwheming the blocklists and communications channels right now.  Realistically they can create charactes far too quickly and level them to lvl4 within 10min to make a spambot and they dont even have to pay a thing right now as they can make free accounts over and over and clog up the bloody server queues as well.

With all of these spammers filling up the chat box, it has become difficult to enjoy the game. I have also noticed most of the messages sent out by gold spammers are identical for a few minutes and then change slightly... maybe Blade and Soul can input a system that automatically ban players if they say the same phrase (x) amount of times in (x) amount of time.

2 hours ago, Gamerchick said:

This will turn me away from this game, and honestly I like this game a lot.  They really really need to do something about this.

Free to play games are always plagued with this.

If its an issue, turn off the chat, problem solved, unless you tell me that you only play the game for faction chat....

The bots are soooo bad. I like to be able to read chat because I love to respond to players and help them and what not.. But it's near impossible to do that now. Every chat channel is just spammed every second with gold spam its so stupid. 

I really hope they fix it soon :/. I don't plan on leaving the game, it's just annoying and makes looking for groups and talking to people extremely difficult, almost impossible.

OMG! Please someone do something about all the spam. It wasn't horrible at first, I was able to block the players and move on. Today has simply gotten out of hand. There are so many spammers I can't even keep up with them all. I can't block them fast enough and there are already more!! There is so much spam that I can't even communicate with other players due to the fact that if you ask something the window is scrolling so quickly people miss it entirely. 

I mean I could spend extra time trying to send private messages and remove myself from faction chat, etc .... but we really shouldn't have to bog down our play time with micro-managing these stupid gold farmers. 

Please!!! NCSoft - do something about these spammers. As this continues, I am losing interest in even playing. I understand nothing happens immediately, but please handle this! While you fix the issue, PLEASE PROVIDE SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO WORKAROUND THE ISSUE!!! The block list is capped at 50 --- but it doesn't even matter because honestly I can't block them all fast enough. I literally finish blocking 2 or 3 guys and then all of the sudden like 6 more come online. I cannot even keep up!!

Please help!!!

Just now, Taemek said:

Free to play games are always plagued with this.

If its an issue, turn off the chat, problem solved, unless you tell me that you only play the game for faction chat....

I playing MMO for game and ppl. I need chat.

Archived