Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh... where are all GMs are?!
Not sure about others servers, but Yunwa is filled with spambots. I just blocked 50 in like 3 minutes and yet there's way more.... 

The spambots are messing up Faction and Region chats making them useless. There's few spamming on whisper too.
On interserver dungeon matching, they're spamming like hell too...

This game is nice but isn't fun due all spambots.

Really... I doubt people are running these spambots on multiple pcs or multiple IPs... And, as this game requires a not so basic pc, I doubt this is a botnet...

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

THe game didn't JUST launch, this is a region port of a game that has been around for years. As such, it is held to a little bit higher standard. Especially when it is released by an experienced MMO company.

Yeah, the fanbois won't stop using that excuse until the only people still playing the game are just the fanbois.

1 minute ago, Obvs said:

Actually, I've played a few games and this is the first time I've seen so many Gold Sellers. They even whisper to you, omg.

This needs a solution ASAP.

WTF? Good thing I haven't had that happen to me yet. I don't want my cherry popped by a Bot.

7 minutes ago, Obvs said:

Actually, I've played a few games and this is the first time I've seen so many Gold Sellers. They even whisper to you, omg.

This needs a solution ASAP.

They whisper and even mail you in SWTOR.  Haven't (yet) been mailed here.

(Amusingly, they typically mail a single credit in SWTOR.  Probably because if you accept the money, the mail is auto-deleted so you can't report them.)

edit: Interesting, according to a press release, BnS has already broken the 1,000,000 player mark.  Could be why there are so many gold spammers flooding in?

(That, or the reason they broke the 1,000,000 mark is all the gold spammers?)

Today over 300 bots have joined the Crimson Legion Faction chat on the Poharan server and are spamming non stop gold seller sites.

I block a full 50 bot names in less then 5mins from faction chat then I just gave up.

I have never seen so many bots and spammers in all the mmos I have played then this game has. You need to do something about it no one can use chat and people spend more time blocking bots then playing the game!

6 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

It's been out a week to the general public. Give them a moment to breath before screaming "THEY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! THEY NEVER FIX STUFF!" Chill people. Give them the benefit of the doubt and understand the game JUST launched. They have things that are more pressing to attend to first. Not saying the Bot spam and the trains is not a genuine issue but some things do take priority especially during launch week. 

I'm going to assume you have no experience with NC Soft western releases, and on that assumption I will tell you to shut your trap and let those of us who DO talk.

Because it's bad, it's very bad, it's BEEN bad since Lineage 2 back in 1999. That's right, 19-cricketing-99.

It's only gotten worse and honestly NC Korea just wants our money, that's it.

6 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

It's been out a week to the general public. Give them a moment to breath before screaming "THEY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! THEY NEVER FIX STUFF!" Chill people. Give them the benefit of the doubt and understand the game JUST launched. They have things that are more pressing to attend to first. Not saying the Bot spam and the trains is not a genuine issue but some things do take priority especially during launch week. 

I am not making this up....  in my faction chat i went and removed the measly 50 blocks i had.... then i proceeded to reblock/report the new goldsellers i got to another 36 before i said screw it and left /faction chat.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR HAPHAZARD PROGRAMMING AND SHORTSIGHTED DEVELOPMENT !

Ok there are a ton of new characters from bots rolling in and spamming.
Cut on the new accounts......So lets get to the point.Block realms/servers with full ques from having new characters created.Ban all bots that spam till there are none left.(Make a couple of reports from players an automatic mute and in a que for ban).They will lose the ability to sell the gold they farmed.Let the new realms have people.Bots will have to farm it back cus of the lost gold from the last realm.Let premiums join locked realms.-Sort of a realm quarantine that leaves the server health.

Bad sides:No new players and low level content will be done on the server.

New realms will be filled with bots farming low lvl areas.

Most people wont actually even wait the que on a 1lvl character so they will most likely delete it and make another one in a new realm.
Tons of realms will have to be rolled/filled/filtered.

Make it easy for now:No block limit.
Harder to make new accounts-Captchas/anti bot systems-etc.

Chats per second limit.

A system that makes you click for activity if you use chat too much.

I know this can't be done but if you have any ideas,feel free to write. T^T I hope they find a way to fix it.

3 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I'm working on quitting smoking.

Have been for 5 years.

*Lights up a smoke."

Took me almost 18 years to finish 'working' on quitting smoking, at 16 years I moved to vaping.

1 year and 4 months cigarette free.

Yeah faction chat was "impressive" to watch in a twisted kind of way. Multiple new spam bots were spawning literally every three minutes, give or take. I also had my block list full within less than 10 minutes.

Archived