Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

Just now, Yxion said:

Yeah until your block list is being filled from 0-50 in 10 minutes with more bots being added every 60 seconds.

You're over-exaggerating, bud. They don't appear that fast lol. I've been in game on the most populated server in the past 3 days and they've never done that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some solutions are fastest to implement than others. Some solutions are more convenient than others. So here we will give ideas to NC of how to get rid of the spambots (expecting it helps to implement them sooner)

• Give us the option to block players that are under "x" level.
  • Add a max lvl exclusive chats.
  • Partially ban people that was reported by 10 users in the last 5 minutes.
  • Make 25 the mimum level to use chats that are not /say or /party
  • Block proxies
  • IP ban them
  • Make the client recongnize if the person was banned (at least making them reinstall)

If you guys have more ideas just post them.

Until people stop freaking buying freaking gold and visiting the websites, even out of "curiosity", the problem won't go away.

seriously going after goldspammers is like trying to stop an STD outbreak with just some penicillin. You kinda need to address the root problem too.

these bots are crazyier now more than ever. Compared to before you see around 5 bots spamming all the time and then 5 minutes later new ones come in. it fills my blocking list and the limit of 50 blocks max is being capped more than once every hour.

But atleast they use stupid names instead of real ones, which is an possibility for YOU NCsoft to have better control over them. you can make use of this to this extent that you could have every character with an name like hgfdgs or wedfszfdc to a suspicious list and then confirm if they are a bot or not.

For this particular game, I don't think they're in profit yet. They're major cricketbag organizations spamming and botting dozens of games with their cricketing bots. As of right now there may not be much demand for them in BnS, but they'll survive because scrubs in other games do.

If you think I am just some random F2P whiny noob on here you are sorely msitaken. I really like this game, I have spent a lot of money on this game, and I want to be able to play this game for a long time. However currently it is completely unacceptable in this state.

Not only are they able to spam with no recourse, but we are limited to 50 BLOCKS?! Now they've invaded every form of chat and constantly create new characters to spam with. The devs have literally made the game in multiple ways to make it as easy for spammers to get to us as possible.

Autokick is useless against a swarm of Destroyer bots farming Deva. We can't even use region chat because of this, and now Faction chat(blue, on dochan) is becoming unusable because as soon as you block them all, 5 minutes later there's a few more.

It's like the devs of almost every MMO have literally NEVER PLAYED ANOTHER MMO AND DEALT WITH BOTS SPAMMING EVERYTHING. No one seems to have anything implemented for bots ever. They always use the same tactics and they get away with it.

10 minutes ago, Robey said:

I think it's stupid when people complain about spam and bots when they too are eccentrically spamming in forums. Instead of opening a new topic find one that's already talking about it. #irony

Hardly spam in the forums. Not even remotely close to the extent of the game. Nor is the "spamming" detrimental here. Nice try though c: 

Surely you knew it was coming. You even gave us some nice report and block buttons. Then you set a 50 char block limit...

Why?

I can't read my faction chat. I filled up my blocklist in 5-10 minutes. Every spammer I block, 3 more pop up.

How much complaining will it take to get some results?

2 minutes ago, EbonWolf said:

Hardly spam in the forums. Not even remotely close to the extent of the game. Nor is the "spamming" detrimental here. Nice try though c: 

There is, the GMs tend to be fast about merging topics though. When I logged on 90% of the first page was talking about bots. 

36 minutes ago, slinky said:

It is ridiculous the amount of Bots and spammers, can't see anything on faction or local chat, only place to get some peace is to only check the Party or Clan chat boxes, which is stupid. How the hell are these people able to make all these accounts? There should be some way to block multiple log ins from a single ISP? Apart from the annoyance factor, they are also adding to the ridiculous queue time - in 5 minutes after logging in - I had reached the maximum 50 blocked and STILL there were multiple bots spamming the gold selling sites. maybe there should be in-game GM's to help prevent these idiots spoiling it for everyone else !!!

Yea I have a big problem with this.  I will wait a couple weeks, see what they do, but if it isn't addressed then I will just move on to my other games.  Shame really cause I like this game.

Archived