Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

2 hours ago, MantaZ said:

expect something like "we are working on some magical solution which in 10 years gonna ban 1 out of 1000 reported spammer". Its not like NCSOFT gonna fix it or do anything about it. Its NCSOFT after all. Look at TW servers where there are more bots than actual players. Look here, somehow bots are in game, while other people have to wait in queue. Dont want to jump into conclusions, but after a month if there gonna be even one bot in-game, well...lets not go ahead of time.

Oh gods I hope it's not ban scripts again, Please no.

They don't work and NC is HORRIBLE in implementing them, they sweep up thousands of legitimate players and you have to jump through fifteen flaming hoops of hell to get unbanned and they promise to unflag you and the very next sweep..BAM.

Round Two...FIGHT!

How do I know, happened to me with Aion, and I don't even have a farmer name!

So what we're supposed to -not- gather and craft to absolutely, positively not flag, guess what...nope!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2016 at 8:40 PM, nekoshka said:

Without a way to profit off the game, they will leave, freeing up slots. I doubt the dozen or few slots occupied by them make much of a difference anyways.

Impossible. These websites probably operate out of China/Russia. To take them down would require the cooperation of foreign governments that have shown no such wish to do so in the past. They'd have better luck attacking the websites directly.

Hey, we can all dream about that day the websites could be taken down--even if it might be a pipe dream, right? ;-p

The amount of bots in Yehara is getting bananas. At least 5 every 2 minutes on faction chat, and since someone had the bright idea of giving the block list a 50 people limit, blocking only help so much.

The hell happened? It was bad... But it got worse from one day to another.

xsaVOc1.png

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

What I want to know is how many more of these threads are we going to see on the exact same freakin' thing??? lol....

Unfortunately the gold bots are driving everyone crazy today, so The response from fed up players will match what's happening in game in terms of spam =/

3 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

What I want to know is how many more of these threads are we going to see on the exact same freakin' thing??? lol....

Much more, because: "We working on it" is hilarious business excuse. And ppl just dont read forum for similiar threads.

10 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Of course it is, it doesn't just stop in a flash! Things need to be implemented server side, but what do you know about programming, you're just here to complain.

Yeah sure it's not like they have had bots in their first release, Lineage II, since 1999 right?

Or Aion, and have no developed tools and strategies to combat it and take PREVENTATIVE measures before opening up the servers to the public right, I mean it's only been what, sixteen years of experience in combating them.

Surely if bots infest your other games they won't come to your third, right I mean that would just be insanely stupid to consider...

Why do they pay these people again?

Why is there so many spam bots anyways? 

This feels more like an attack on the game rather then just people trying to sell gold, It is completely and utterly cluttering up every single chat channel. 

Are we sure this isn't just a cleverly disguised attack from someone?  

Otherwise who in their right mind looks at this spam and goes "yeah ill buy some gold!" 

I don't really know what the solution will be but i do not see my self playing this game if this will continue :(. How am i suppose to play without trolling and helping people on faction chat? that way the time passes faster :)).

2 minutes ago, Xerorei said:

Yeah sure it's not like they have had bots in their first release, Lineage II, since 1999 right?

Or Aion, and have no developed tools and strategies to combat it and take PREVENTATIVE measures before opening up the servers to the public right, I mean it's only been what, sixteen years of experience in combating them.

Surely if bots infest your other games they won't come to your third, right I mean that would just be insanely stupid to consider...

Why do they pay these people again?

And it's not like both of these games are still going strong right? I mean, Lineage 2 and Aion didn't just release a new server right???

"The game will fail if you don't fix these things" is something that has been screamed on every single MMO forum ever known to man.

The game isn't going to fail. The servers will remain having a huge population, and the small MINORITY of players complaining here on the forum will either go away or keep playing. This is the up and down rollercoaster that is an MMO title. It's like deja vu all over again.

I think that the fanbois can keep this game.

I'll be back in a month to take a quick peek at the state of the game. Going to uninstall it from now, but to be honest I don't expect this problem to be fixed.

Very glad that I didn't spend a cent on BnS.

I remember in Aion after a bot that had been reported hundreds of times over 3 months got his 3rd gold in a month that was announced to the zone we got everyone to report him thousands of reports and he was banned for 3 days and back in same spot for 24 hrs a day.

increasing the blocklist is not the solution we need. it's a band-aid on a much bigger problem.

we need something that makes having a blocklist unnecessary, or at least leaves it to allow us to block specific hateful or annoying players. 

some ideas:

• allow us to have a dynamic 'reported player' filter - any player that is reported for spam more than 20 times (adjustable) is automatically added to this dynamic list and the game simply doesn't show us their posts. this way we all benefit from the community reporting players immediately and not hours or days and weeks after the fact. best part is we don't have to maintain this list ourselves! it lets the crowd (us) benefit from the crowdsourcing that NCSoft is doing with the report features. 
  • allow us to create spam filters - similar to AdBlock these are word matches or regex that runs client side and simply prevent us from seeing these messages in chat. I shouldn't have to block every character that spams the same message day after day. perhaps make these filters accessible as a guild feature :) so every member benefits from the guilds vigilance.

1. Don't allow new accounts to talk in anything but local and party until they reach level 10.  These bots are only leveling to lvl 4 or 5 before starting their spam. This could be a great game, but so many people are having to spend so much of their time blocking, and there shouldn't even be a black limit. There's no reason to have it.   
  2. Have an in-game captcha that must be typed in and this enables chat.
  3. When a bot is reported, put a global mute on this account. This mute you'd place on the account would not make the client/user/bot aware that they are muted(no warning). They would stay on the server, which is lame, they'd take up space but they wouldn't bother people already in game. Every time they'd type they'd see their input but they wouldn't know that nobody is actually seeing what they're saying. Like a ghost, spooky I know. XD

8 minutes ago, Xerorei said:

I'm going to assume you have no experience with NC Soft western releases, and on that assumption I will tell you to shut your trap and let those of us who DO talk.

Because it's bad, it's very bad, it's BEEN bad since Lineage 2 back in 1999. That's right, 19-cricketing-99.

It's only gotten worse and honestly NC Korea just wants our money, that's it.

Scathing insults, top tier. 

Game just launched HERE. stop the crying and chill. 

1 hour ago, EbonWolf said:

One is trying to solve a problem (which the devs are trying to brush aside) and one is legitimate spam that keeps anyone in chat from being able to see anything or communicate. You can still communicate here. You can still click page to previous pages in the forum. Threads aren't instantaneous like the spam in game. Keeping it in one topic is basically them just trying to put it away.  

They're both spam and both are annoying. Each people think they are helping their cause. Don't try to justify ignorance and being annoying and lazy because "you're trying to fix a problem" people should stop making spam topics and just reply to the ones already opened.  

2 minutes ago, Offended said:

I remember in Aion after a bot that had been reported hundreds of times over 3 months got his 3rd gold in a month that was announced to the zone we got everyone to report him thousands of reports and he was banned for 3 days and back in same spot for 24 hrs a day.

I actually remember this! I foolishly pre-ordered the CE for Aion and ended up leaving that game due to the bots. I personally reported the exact same bots, no joke, for like 3 months in a row, to constant empty promises that they were banning bots and investigating. Clearly I wasn't the only one who had this experience.

Madness.

Archived