Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

What people don't realize that banning them is pointless, mac and Ip address is the only thing that can be banned which gold spammer can change within seconds or set it up such a way that it changes every half hour. The only viable thing they can do is ban countries that actually has allot of gold farmers but that would also not be viable because there is such a thing called as a vpn and they can hide their address or rather disguise it so it shows up that they are from a different place entirely. So banning gold farmers/spammers will not happen, period. They can try to fix it but if they ban one, 10 will show up in their place. As well as blocking them when you only have 50 block spots, is kind of sad and has no point. Knowing that 30% of the server might as well be gold sellers because they are EVERYWHERE.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tsukimizake said:

NCsoft should completely remove the block limit. There are more than 50 active bots in faction chat alone. Thats not counting the ones that are in the other faction or only spamming regions.

My point is that you won't block all of them, the chat will still get spammed because bots are being made by the minute. Like I said, you will block one and 10 will take their place.

3 hours ago, EhUEHUHE said:

Ingame Game Masters , every freaking PRIVATE SERVER HAS THEM .

Waste of time and resource. Throwing a bunch of bodies at it wont do much considering the amount of botters there are and just how easy it is to make another account after being blocked. They need to implement some way to allow players to moderate themselves for the time being(Maybe chat blocking users for an specified amount of time if reported by 5 or so players?), or preferably an automated method.

Just now, Chilliam said:

here, an actual idea on how to deal with them, if it is yet to be suggested, filter chat for any messages containing an identical clause of 25 characters or more posted within the last hour by any character

So they will just set them up it so they speak differently or present the message differently... In result making your idea null and void.

1 minute ago, Chilliam said:

here, an actual idea on how to deal with them, if it is yet to be suggested, filter chat for any messages containing an identical clause of 25 characters or more posted within the last hour by any character

Pointless. It's extremely simple to make your script add a few random characters, or increment some at the end.

Just now, nekoshka said:

Pointless. It's extremely simple to make your script add a few random characters, or increment some at the end.

Or even better: How about letting players decide their own filters? That way you can simply filter out what you do not want to hear, including goldspammers.

they need to start banning there ip addresses and make it so you cant use chat till level 8 all the gold spammers is level 1. Today played only 30 minutes and filled my block list of 50 in 5 minutes and there's still 30 more spammers. Another thing that would help put a limit on how many characters to create in a day. Also some games have it where you can change the level player has to be to see there chat. So if you put it at level 10 you would only see chat from players level 10 and up. this happened once on aion and they banned all of china's ip addresses that help out a lot with the spamming. Yup im from gunma.

They just need to put a level requirement on separate chats like faction... it wont nullify them but it will at least slow them down a bit in one chat.

2 minutes ago, hynaku said:

Also some games have it where you can change the level player has to be to see there chat. So if you put it at level 10 you would only see chat from players level 10 and up

i like this idea too

also are you the hynaku from Gunma?

6 minutes ago, hynaku said:

they need to start banning there ip addresses and make it so you cant use chat till level 8 all the gold spammers is level 1. Today played only 30 minutes and filled my block list of 50 in 5 minutes and there's still 30 more spammers. Another thing that would help put a limit on how many characters to create in a day. Also some games have it where you can change the level player has to be to see there chat. So if you put it at level 10 you would only see chat from players level 10 and up.

My own chat filter will be great , one with the level option please :D

3 minutes ago, hynaku said:

they need to start banning there ip addresses and make it so you cant use chat till level 8 all the gold spammers is level 1. Today played only 30 minutes and filled my block list of 50 in 5 minutes and there's still 30 more spammers. Another thing that would help put a limit on how many characters to create in a day. Also some games have it where you can change the level player has to be to see there chat. So if you put it at level 10 you would only see chat from players level 10 and up. this happened once on aion and they banned all of china's ip addresses that help out a lot with the spamming.

So to fight with gold spammers you should limit everyone else who doesn't feel the need to waste money on premium ? Yea, that sounds like fun. Why not alienate people from the game, from the getgo so they feel like the game is rubbish with trivial issues and cash shops. I find it already extremely stupid that you can only trade and use the marketplace from level 16, because it limits interaction with other players.

5 minutes ago, hynaku said:

they need to start banning there ip addresses and make it so you cant use chat till level 8 all the gold spammers is level 1. Today played only 30 minutes and filled my block list of 50 in 5 minutes and there's still 30 more spammers. Another thing that would help put a limit on how many characters to create in a day. Also some games have it where you can change the level player has to be to see there chat. So if you put it at level 10 you would only see chat from players level 10 and up. this happened once on aion and they banned all of china's ip addresses that help out a lot with the spamming.

The bots run through the game and lvl this would be pointless

Just now, llTwitchll said:

Make a quest with a lot of random factors in it a requirement to get regional/global chat, the random factor in it forcing the goldspammers to take the wheel and manually complete the quest first.

1 minute ago, llTwitchll said:

Slowing them down is not pointless. Rather than a new bot every 10 seconds you can delay that to 30 seconds. That makes anything else you do 3x more effective.

Step by step:

1. Unlimited blocks for all players

2. IF a block name has been blocked by more than 500 players THEN auto-ban for 10 days.  If it is a false-positive (not likely), then the person should send a ticket within those 10 days

Et voila.  Bots/Gold spammers free world :D

Just now, FennEXE said:

Make a quest with a lot of random factors in it a requirement to get regional/global chat, the random factor in it forcing the goldspammers to take the wheel and manually complete the quest first.

Thats honestly i think the easiest way to limit them. This with a uncapped block list would make it manageable for us

Just now, llTwitchll said:

Thats honestly i think the easiest way to limit them. This with a uncapped block list would make it manageable for us

That's what I've been saying the entire time, yeah. Make the quest like a level 15 quest too, and they'd have to grind first as well. It will not exterminate bots, but it will limit them to such a minuscule amount it's manageable.

Also a feature which automatically removes banned usernames from blocklists would be useful, too.

Honestly if you slowed them down enough to make it manageable it would be nice... right now we block them and they just log out and make 15 new characters. id rather them have to log out make a new toon and lvl that *cricket* to 10. at least id get half hour of peace and my block list wouldnt fill up in less than a few minutes.

Archived