A big thank you for the upcoming 8th of February update

Hungibungi

Thank you GreenStorm for listening to the community and thank you NC for giving new players this awesome gift! With this event I can confidently say that no newbie can complain anymore, the quality of starting gear is hands down so good that people can solo easy mode even without game knowledge!

For those who haven't read the news yet, you can read the official post here.
Why is this new SB so good that noone can complain?

• Let's start with the basics:

5fQcK1V.png 

With the previous SoulBoost there was a really huge issue for returning players. If a character completed the story before the rewards got adjusted, they were stuck with old soul/heart/pet aura/talisman as the SoulBoost gave upgrade tokens that couldn't be used on old gear. Now we can get these from an NPC, so our old characters wouldn't get left behind.
My only suggestion would be to include a Thornbreaker Weapon Stage 9 in the shop as well, because it is still confusing for new/returning players. If they want to do dungeons in F8 they need it, and it is quite hard to get unless they read a guide on how to get it from Fusion (in case they completed story before it gave a GC Stage 3 weapon) and Dragon Express.

• New/returning players complained about how SoulBoost gear was too weak:

ABPICn5.png 
True Supernatural Pet Aura and True Skywatch Talisman were left out of this list, but they are listed below later in the post.
This is an insane amount of gear. With this gear you can most likely go straight into stage5 demonsbane if you understand your class/spec and know the mechanics! No more of 'Easy mode is too hard!' or 'I can't do stage 5 demonsbane!', you will get a really huuuge damage boost from this. With this you literally don't have to farm anything until you finish the SoulBoost, just do your daily quests. Ofc you can farm dungeons if you enjoy them, but now it is not necessary, so you won't have that 'I need to do it' feeling in you.

Along with the new SoulBoost you are giving us 2 events. This is good, now we have a lil extra do to alongside the new SB. Also, double the events mean double the Sterling Crystal as well 😉
There are a lot of players complaining about things that are unrealistic, for example saying we need more Sacred Vial sources even tho we can farm them from stage5 onwards and that we need more upgrade materials like moonstones even tho they are really cheap now with Darkwealds (or just farm it from demonsbane/darkwealds?)... While I do agree that there should be a source of tradeable soulstone (or at least making us able to use bound ones for Fusion etc) and that Sterling Crystals, Stigma Crystal should be a drop just like vials and packs, you need to recognise that they have been trying to correct a lot of things. If you keep bringing up the same things it won't help the situation (unless it is a bug that affects major things like rankings), you can be almost sure that GreenStorm read it and forwarded it to the higher ups already. It is true that we still have quite a few irritating things in the game, but from what I have seen in the past few months they really did try to correct most of them. I don't think that you can deny that this is the best time to start/return to play this game; and that it is finally better for end-game players as well, because it is not gold that they lack, but materials.
Also as a sidenote, from what I understand there will be a new updated guide for new/returning players soon that might even make it into the game itself, so people who don't read forums/join Discord servers will have access to it as well. 🙂
Thank you again for making the game better, keep it up! 🥰

Edited by Hungibungi

I wouldn't get too excited, yet. Something about this looks bit too good and it seems we completly skip Korean Soul boost season 3 AND Korean Mega soul boost, and that we jump straight into Korean Soul Boost 4! 

Here's the thing, though. This soul boost has 2 parts once you max it out, you unlock 2nd part (at a later date), which quite literally puts you at end-game gear and pretty much at the limit that a player can currently reach (well not including oculus ring, earring, neck and gloves) but other than that it's pretty much all the end-game items (that includes heart, soul, talisman, pet from 2nd part of this soul boost). Here's the thing... KR didn't get this SB til they already had new tier pet, soul, talisman, heart, weapon, ring, earring, gloves... 

See where I'm going? Yeah... this could be a mistake on NCwest part and I'd advise anyone not to make havoc tomorrow if we do not get the items listed in the patch notes, and rather, that we actually get full skystealer, BM raid soul shields, Shadow Fury 9, as originally intended for Soul Boost 3 and the content at hand.

But... if patch notes are true we are skipping ahead over 6 months to a free gear that is completly overkill for our current patch cycle.

So I'd advise anyone to not get too mad if we don't get what's in the patch notes because frankly... we're not supposed to.

Edited by slowcow

Yes, agreed.

It also shows a few discrepancies, for example it says:

We get dauntless/allegiant evolution stones

While current SB leaves us at True champion (and they add true virtuous to dragon express)

Majestic/resolute tiers are still inbetween those.

So whats happening there?

While KR SB3 was abit lackluster, SB4 is also out of proportion for us.

Its sending a message that you should just stop troving/grinding/playing and wait for the next 'catch up event'

Edited by luzt

Yeah dont be too excided. Lots of things look wrong here.

Beside the forum being partially in German. Also the maintanance announcement from from Green Storm is not posted yet or removed.

I bet this update is going to be cancelled for today. And I am totally not surprised.

Players: spend 6-7 years to constantly gear up

NC: <gives 6-7 years worth of gear for free>
AND they skipped weapon straight to upsurge (you know for what reason)

I don't even wanna think about how much money some people spent since year one only to see this. What a joke.

The rewards for this soul boost look really weird. I expected this one to give shadowfurry weapon and skystealer gear. Which I would consider appropriate.

Giving upsurge weapon and starcross is way too much. It's somewhat good for players. But I fear it wil cause some problems in the long run.

17 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

The rewards for this soul boost look really weird. I expected this one to give shadowfurry weapon and skystealer gear. Which I would consider appropriate.

Giving upsurge weapon and starcross is way too much. It's somewhat good for players. But I fear it wil cause some problems in the long run.

Even tho I just recently came back after ~2 years of not playing (quit pre-skystealer stuff) and my gear is outdated af, I do agree this gear is too much for "free" and will certainly cause some issues. Should note tho, that getting starcross and upsurge stuff is ez af by just casually playing the game

Edited by WhySoSeriousBro

This... will be interesting... and also mark the point where it literally becomes pointless to Trove for materials (mostly vials, sterlings and pet pods) as it seems the direction they have went is to stop upgrading on our own and just wait for free handouts. Talking about bottom 4 here, aka Soul, heart, pet, talisman.

Guys this is just part 1 of this soul boost, there is also part 2 to this. Either once you reach max level on this one and then fiddle with the outfit we get in the end, OR it will be opened in coming month(s). The part 2 will boost that +6 upsurge weapon to +11, +6 starcross to +11 and completly maxes out Heat, Soul, Pet, Talisman.

2 hours ago, FriskyStripes said:

would normally take your average player 1 full entire year to obtain this same gear.

...What... did I just read?

I really hope you're being sarcastic here... as all of those items take no more than a month to aquire for an average player. MAYBE top 2 months as the badges are locked behind weekly mission.

Glad you enjoy them, though! Now you can do your stage 1 missions tiny bit faster!

17 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

it will take more than a month with bracelet still being rng class, most of my alts have everything except bracelet

Yeah well. I were hoping to get it from the SB but in the end I just bought one for 20 essences. It's not hard to farm Wolfy and HOT easy mode with randoms. Accessories do drop quite often and just bid on them... I myself had like 6 bracelets but not BM one so.

Yeah, it does hurt indeed to use 20 essences when you can use them for re-rolling stats but it's one of them...

58 minutes ago, Machence said:

Yeah well. I were hoping to get it from the SB but in the end I just bought one for 20 essences. It's not hard to farm Wolfy and HOT easy mode with randoms. Accessories do drop quite often and just bid on them... I myself had like 6 bracelets but not BM one so.

Yeah, it does hurt indeed to use 20 essences when you can use them for re-rolling stats but it's one of them...

The Essences arent really the issue since they are easy to get, problem is you can only buy it 1x per account.  If you want it for alts you will suffer.

Honestly necklace and bracelet should be a chest to pick and not another rng mechanic made to artificially extend an already tedious and boring dungeon spam.