Demonsbane is dead content post patch

DenialOfTruth

5 hours ago, DieBaumchen said:

that's actually primarily NA server. In EU fm/wl/gun top 100 started at stage 47, for top 500 you had to clear stage 22.
Most dead ladder in EU was archer (same as in NA) and we had to clear stage 35 for top 100 while it was stage 11 in NA.
It kept me really busy the last 2.5 weeks to rank all alts safely (nearly all of them had to climb to stage 22) and push a few alts in top 100 with the help of a main.

But I also agree that removing hmc from top 500 is a really bad move. I had fun learning how to play my alt classes properly, testing stuff out, spent way more time in the game for running the dungeons since they declared to not make any new raids.
But now there will be no reason to spend my time on alts, hell there is not even enough content for my main to spend time on.
I'm currently struggling in the off season to even stay online 3 hours for the login rewards and am spending more and more time in different games.
And this will not get better if they remove any reason to play your alts (and no honing oils or 140g per daily train is not enough reason to play them)

Yep is why i said in my 1st post 200 would have been a better cut off. On EU its a bit more populated than NA currently, but honestly i was able to instadie in hard mode Sanctum and stage 5 Demonsbane on a crap alt and still get reward even there. Some people exploited it by creating accounts with horde of no gear and it leads to this. I knew a few who had 40+ ranked on both EU+NA combined, because the threshold was so low. NCSoft noticed that and gave us these cuts.

I play 7 Characters myself all of which are at stage 51+ as f2p and ranked decent, so its not like im unaffected, but thats what prolly lead to the cuts obviously.

I love playing and gearing my alts, but Rankings for me are just a bonus and the main income i get from spamming 41s/51s with friends or pugs, which can be pretty darn profitable thanks to tradeable loot and crafted pet pods per Bloodstones tbh. Honestly if you get bored you can play some other game too. I play Elden Ring on the side currently as its alot of fun as i would prolly burn out on bns in no time. 

2 hours ago, Crona Darkdance said:

I play 7 Characters myself all of which are at stage 51+

I could never imagine wanting to re-do the 100-200 runs in Aero & Sub each for the accs and all other stuff that is needed to get stage 51.

But you did it 7 times, Big jikes.

Edited by Uldrum

On 3/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, Shiro said:

People here acting like rankings are made for alts. In most other games you can't even rank up more than 1 character per account (that you choose as "main"). Like really?

And yes I abused alts myself, got over 10k hmc from alts alone, but it was obviously a design flaw for our population. You think entering Sanctum of the Masters on a literally fresh 60 char (with tons of free 60 vouchers they gave over time mind you), not killing a single mob, and getting ladder rewards for that was intended? xD

I agree that with the amount of players, the amount of venture tokens were too much. But to replace it with 50gold seems a bit on the minimum side. 50g is around the same amount that u get from 2 dungeon quest. Seems like a weird tradeoff to me. 

23 hours ago, Uldrum said:

I could never imagine wanting to re-do the 100-200 runs in Aero & Sub each for the accs and all other stuff that is needed to get stage 51.

But you did it 7 times, Big jikes.

Like said i always liked my alts so they never sucked. I havent done DC though in ages on em even for soulboost most are 1/21 as i dont have that much time and i prefer 41s over dc train.

Getting to 41 is tbh under 40 runs for Sub and like i did 3x daily anyway for the 50 gold crystalpouches in bonus back then. In all honesty is like barely 10 days of 3x dailys and 41 is really profitable for me, so i stopped worrying about the acces and just did it for the bonuses.

The fun part is my WL is at stage 52+ boss challenge in Aero with 0 accesoirs though and hasnt gotten em doing it 3x daily, but thats like insane bad luck. 

4 minutes ago, Crona Darkdance said:

Like said i always liked my alts so they never sucked. I havent done DC though in ages on em even for soulboost most are 1/21 as i dont have that much time and i prefer 41s over dc train.

Getting to 41 is tbh under 40 runs for Sub and like i did 3x daily anyway for the 50 gold crystalpouches in bonus back then. In all honesty is like barely 10 days of 3x dailys and 41 is really profitable for me, so i stopped worrying about the acces and just did it for the bonuses.

The fun part is my WL is at stage 52+ boss challenge in Aero with 0 accesoirs though and hasnt gotten em doing it 3x daily, but thats like insane bad luck. 

"I play 7 Characters myself all of which are at stage 51+"

That's what you said.

So i assume you meant you had 7 characters at over 3500 AP all with max soul, heart etc.

44 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

"I play 7 Characters myself all of which are at stage 51+"

That's what you said.

So i assume you meant you had 7 characters at over 3500 AP all with max soul, heart etc.

You are nitpicking and projecting, but ok? You do not need a group of 80-120 mil dps people to clear 51.

Half of mine do 40-50 mil with 3k with 100 ms and manual play, which is enough to clear 53, maybe even 54 for sub, if everyones same dmg. Stage 51 is doable with everyone at 30 mil prolly, but i never tried that one with a same dmg group only 53. 

Anyway this is just derailing the thread though and is just semantics, so i will end it here.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:34 AM, Immunity said:

please remove alts from ranking

it's not possible, if you have 2 or 3 3k+ chars you can just go for top 100, or you can even do that with 2 or 3 high chars boosting a 4th buff/crippledps, ncwest can't do anything about that, as ranking doesnt link accounts, if you haven't safed up 200k hmc by now you're too late for easy farming, sorry

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Excel, I quickly calculated how many runs I have already done in Aero and Sub. I do this  with min. 5 (10) Character per day.

Sub: 410 (~ 552) / 28 runs on Main f11+

Aero: 765 (~1182) / 35 runs on Main f11+

Output of all runs: 1x ring

This is soooo Bbaaaddddd

• Like 3

On 4/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, Wolfengel said:

Thanks to Excel, I quickly calculated how many runs I have already done in Aero and Sub. I do this  with min. 5 (10) Character per day.

Sub: 410 (~ 552) / 28 runs on Main f11+

Aero: 765 (~1182) / 35 runs on Main f11+

Output of all runs: 1x ring

This is soooo Bbaaaddddd

That is not bad... That's unacceptable.

I haven't seen anything drop for myself in about 2 months or so.

(nearly) one week later.

NOTHING

after 6x Sub and 6x Aero f21

And, since I like to help small players, after 3x Sub f11 and 3x Aero f11 and 4x Sub f4 - f8 and 4x Aero f4 - f8

I think, if this continues, I'll make my own thread. So in the direction of a diary. . . .

Edited by Wolfengel

1 hour ago, Wolfengel said:

(nearly) one week later.

NOTHING

after 6x Sub and 6x Aero f21

And, since I like to help small players, after 3x Sub f11 and 3x Aero f11 and 4x Sub f4 - f8 and 4x Aero f4 - f8

I think, if this continues, I'll make my own thread. So in the direction of a diary. . . .

I did 2 months of Aero/Sub stage 21-31 everyday, 10h a day for a whole week too, and only saw a ring. I understand how this feels. I ended up trashing my BM out of exasperation, and rerolled. I legitimately thought something was messed up with my character. 

My WL has now collected all jewelry and she doesn't even have the achievement for 100 runs yet, on either place. Some characters are just cursed, and it will take x200 times more effort to get anything. 

Best of luck to you, sincerely, been there and it sucks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I forgot to write down which floors and how many runs (at least 20) I did.

Result: no Accessory

This weekend (sub & aero):

2x f31, 7x f21, 2x f11

18x f1 (twink / daylies)

I'm already used to some pointless and time-consuming farming in this game since 2017.

But demonbann tops it all.

Edited by Wolfengel

35 minutes ago, Wolfengel said:

Yes, if you do low floors only, and so few runs of each floor then ofc there will be no drops.

You really need to stop speaking like this, as if 30 runs is "a lot", it's not. when people are doing actual multi farms at stage 41 then it's like 12 runs per hour.

A few days ago i did a multi farm of floor 51 and got like 4 Acc's in 8 runs, Tho that was ofc quite lucky, But still, higher floor, higher drop rates.

You need to Stop thinking that you will get any Acc's by doing Floor 1's or floor 11's unless you do hundreds of runs for it, even at a floor 41 farm you need to do a lot of runs.

Had a FM friend who did not see his first acc until way into the 100's, like run 115 and that was mostly floor 41.

You just need to get your expectations in check and stop assuming stuff will drop.

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

Thing is Uldrum, not all have the gear to do 41, people leave parties alot or join less, today NA server was tragic. Also I think some might have static groups & means less players to join 41 and below...

16 minutes ago, Fury Moor said:

Thing is Uldrum, not all have the gear to do 41, people leave parties alot or join less, today NA server was tragic. Also I think some might have static groups & means less players to join 41 and below...

The thing is, This game is not kind to returning or new players, It's better to just be there and do the content when it releases and every one is mass farming it for two weeks and not this far after release when most people are done with all of that.

Being a new player in this game is annoying af.

I hope they fix that part at some point.

Weird thing is, You can't even Pay to speed up the demonsbane grind, all you can do is just do more runs.

There's no catchup if you missed the hype train.

Which is why i will probably never play alts in this game ever again, They are delusional if they think i want to re-do these grinds on alts as well 😄

Edited by Uldrum

2 hours ago, Uldrum said:

The thing is, This game is not kind to returning or new players, It's better to just be there and do the content when it releases and every one is mass farming it for two weeks and not this far after release when most people are done with all of that.

Being a new player in this game is annoying af.

I hope they fix that part at some point.

Weird thing is, You can't even Pay to speed up the demonsbane grind, all you can do is just do more runs.

There's no catchup if you missed the hype train.

Which is why i will probably never play alts in this game ever again, They are delusional if they think i want to re-do these grinds on alts as well 😄

And to think it was fairly alt friendly at first when 500 people could get at least a small prize from doing Demonsbane. Even gearing up wasn't too much of a concern, but it was a driving force to get a greater prize. Now you must exert five times the effort for that small prize...becoming immensely alt unfriendly in the process. Battle Pass might have driven a bit more alt activity lately, but that will wane with the introduction of new content later this month.

• Like 1