Demonsbane is dead content post patch

DenialOfTruth

Good job NCSoft, you've managed to kill the only fun content you've added in ages. You've made it utterly and completely pointless to run on alts and some mains by crippling or even flat out removing Venture Token rewards from the ranking seasons. This in turn will make it even more difficult to complete Soul Boost (which relies on Aerodrome being done) and more difficult to gear up at all as less people will want to do it.

This change to Venture token rewards is utterly and completely unacceptable. In a instant, NCSoft has made it utterly pointless to run alts though Demonsbane content, where as before there was SIGNIFICANT encouragement to do so. Once more the game shifts to a utter pay to win grind fest, and once more I am affirmed in my commitment to never spend any money on this game again. I have cancelled my premium and have instructed my bank to block any and all transactions from my account to NCSoft, as I do not trust the company in any capacity.

Edited by DenialOfTruth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Tbh, this is the first time I'm actually mindblown. 

This isn't a nerf... it's basically a middle finger to every player on the server. 

The amount of toxicity and elitism that comes with these ranking changes are going to be absurd. How is this healthy for the game? Who thought these changes are a good idea? 

Sure, we can argue about it. It was a bit too much... but these drastic nerfs make absolutely no sense. It basically excludes any new player or returner from getting cosmetics or store stuff for the ingame currency. It further proves that buying to the top means more power, less spending afterwards. It's disgusting. 

And I don't want to get started on the class change... just looking at the amount of NCoin you need to switch.... makes me vomit. 

And why do I have the feeling that buffs/nerfs will now increase over time...

How can you put such good content into the game that makes it so easy to get best in slot soulshield and good gems, when you totally ruin in on other aspects... the path this game is going right now is sad to see. 

• Like 5

As a newly returned player I was surprised and happy to see the rewards, I even was considering devoting myself to the game again and participate in trove.

With soul boost and the ranking rewards it felt like it might be worth to try again. 

But seeing this update? Back to square one in trust. 

I'm aware this post isn't constructive but I was a long time AION player (5k euros invested) and some into BnS as well. 

There's no way you're getting trust from new or returned players if you don't give them anything first, all you can do at this point with this attitude is milk the remainder that is committed. 

A big advice if you're wanting to revive the player base is to keep giving people a reason to play and drag others with them, I've been slacking on playing XIV just because things were looking bright and brought some friends with me, yknow, the one MMO people love to nonstop talk about. 

Trove won't ever be my reason but stuff like rankings and alike seemed super exciting, this was a reason for me to invest more into the game and now it's getting less interesting. 

No more of the "entitled gamer that wants everything handed" arguments with PvP inside the grave. 

This was an extremely poor decision to me, as someone that has had several jobs in finances. 

Pretty saddening. 

• Like 3

Yeah, this change is quite upsetting, I literally yesterday was talking with friends that giving better access to those tokens is pretty smart move from NCsoft because first of all it makes premium more worth it since you get double the ncoins from tokens, second it gives people who are up for investing time there with alts chance to afford some nice stuff from f10 and third, yeah, it makes the new content more alive. I was even with few people planning to makes some runs some climbing groups, now it's pointless because as semi casual player I can barely get top100 with main, have no motivation to grind my ass off for 2 tokens tbh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The hmc are the carrot boys gotta work for it. Sad reality is top 100 starts at 31 for most classes and 21 for classes like db and every normal player will reach those if he actually intends to play/gear those characters easily in 1-2 days. Only thing it kills is crapalts on multiple accounts getting hmc for running stage 5-10.

Thats the sad part with our population we didnt even have enough on some classes to fill 500. Also Demonsbane is by far the best goldmaker in the game at 41 even now. So it wont really die. People might try to actually rank in these rankings now for the carrot with the added gold to weekly ranking.

Though honestly a cut down to 200 would have been better. 

Edited by Crona Darkdance

3 hours ago, Crona Darkdance said:

The hmc are the carrot boys gotta work for it. Sad reality is top 100 starts at 31 for most classes and 21 for classes like db and every normal player will reach those if he actually intends to play/gear those characters easily in 1-2 days. Only thing it kills is crapalts on multiple accounts getting hmc for running stage 5-10.

Thats the sad part with our population we didnt even have enough on some classes to fill 500. Also Demonsbane is by far the best goldmaker in the game at 41 even now. So it wont really die. People might try to actually rank in these rankings now for the carrot with the added gold to weekly ranking.

Though honestly a cut down to 200 would have been better. 

The thing is that if you remove the reward for f2p players abusing this, it won't make them magically spend money.

However the people that are just starting out/returning, making alts and seeing they have use beyond doing MSQ , will invest a bit of time into those and then see if they want to gear those classes up beyond the basic.

new/returning players will work via incentive , players that already existed for long time and especially those who stayed f2p don't have much faith to start with due to the past which leads to acceptance when the only chance they had was removed.

with pleb efforts for me and my new friends being removed it's hard to be convinced to invest, to buy premium or spend the time levelling/buying boosts (50 euros for a job boost?? dayum) .

I'm just getting old maybe, but i know f2p players are committed to their cause so this has no purpose but punish everyone on the board.

I have no issue not being f2p and investing money but I do not even know whether i'll receive the return on it.

''do we really deserve free things?"'  you're selling a product to us, costumers who are aware of your past and the game's nature but are looking for potential positives, without these positives we have no reason to invest because as said, the rankings themselves already showed many do not play the game and with this action it'll drop even further. 

I really hope NCWest one day learns what they're dealing with and look at functional MMOs, once again, the grind is not a problem, it's charming, but a grind implies spend time. We have to be convinced that it is worth spending our time, especially since more people are leaving than they're staying.

My entire friendlist is full of people who obviously done soulboost yet i never see them online, soul boost is NOT enough to convince us to stay.

• Like 3

First sorry for google translator, no speak EN.

With this patch, NCWest has officially admitted to us that there are no longer tens of thousands of players in the game, as he claimed until recently, and the old ranking system was set for that. Therefore, even the average player could indulge in premium content once a month. The minimum number of players confirms the dead PvP and the new demonsbane rewards are set at 800-1200 active players (not characters).

The old season reward was a fresh wind, which gave new players a chance for some reward, but it's killed...

I admit that the rewards of 100-500 may have been a big margin, and if they gave it to 101-200, where they would leave it as it is and then 201-500, it would certainly be a better solution than killing it like that.

GJ NCWest!

You can see that you want to discourage players from shutting down EU and US servers. So do it straight away and don't prolong the suffering, I'd rather have good memories of the game than leave the game disgusted... A quick death would be better than this slow dying...

As other players write, this is really a spit from NCWest in the face of the horrors who are still playing it. I don't play much alt characters myself, I have story gear there and I run weekly + TT, VT, SK once a week. I then send the money to the main char, the alt characters have no other purpose.

You write here that it is useless to run demonsbane with alto, yes. But there are players who do not get into the 100-31 rating even with the main character. I play from the beginning and I pay a premium membership from the beginning, but now I will probably stop playing because there is no reason and no chance for some nice rewards.

I myself have a big problem with the language barrier, so raids like silversteel or serpent a day I can't run, I used to play PvP and in BG I got into the top 10 regularly, but it's dead. Somehow I don't like PvE very much, because I learn mechanics and cancel them in a month ... I liked that demon demon. However, even so, I will not get higher than level 41, because higher communication is needed, just like in raids. Although I am quite an active player, the season rank has never gotten below 100, my record is in sanstum of masters 105 and demonban 102... They're playing electric FM.

25G as a season rewards, dear NCWest, you can shove it into the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, and I would be happy to put this disability ranking system into the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ opening with an iron rod. Now it's demonsbane just for endgame whales and credit card warriors and you will stop having fun if they don't have anyone to play with...

So dear, for me R.I.P. BnS

• Like 1

Adding the Soul Boost event made me think they cared about new players/alts and wanted people to play more. With the removal of hmc that point is completely gone, especially for alts. It's like 1 step forward, 2 step backwards. Sad.

• Like 1

What they have to do is make a change that works for everyone, for example those who pay and those who don't have a way to pay something, as well as more benefits to premium players, in this way they encourage more people to pay premium and balance a little the game with so much pay to win and dedicate itself to fixing more the problem of lag and fps performance (even though at least it is already playable).

People here acting like rankings are made for alts. In most other games you can't even rank up more than 1 character per account (that you choose as "main"). Like really?

And yes I abused alts myself, got over 10k hmc from alts alone, but it was obviously a design flaw for our population. You think entering Sanctum of the Masters on a literally fresh 60 char (with tons of free 60 vouchers they gave over time mind you), not killing a single mob, and getting ladder rewards for that was intended? xD

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

People here acting like rankings are made for alts. In most other games you can't even rank up more than 1 character per account (that you choose as "main"). Like really?

I mean, it's not really about rankings being made for alts or no, but the fact that this actually made it possible for many people to get some rng boxes and something from f10, or gilded penta tickets or whatever.. while I think even if company wants to do some dumb cash shop focused gameplay or whatever else p2w p2p crap fine, but the issue is that while you can adjust the prices of stuff for a game that is localized for one or couple countries with similar economy and wealth it's reasonable, but with current prices it's complete bs for plenty of countries in EU.. if you live in let's say norway, germany or other wealthy eu country, yeah, fine, spending couple hundred on rng boxes to progress your heart faster is fine, or buy some trove boxes for cool stuff, unfortunately as someone from not so wealthy country it's pretty much impossible to buy anything from the damn shop when average salary (not even low end) is 700 eur and you spend 500+eur a month on rent, food, and other expenses. This was just something that made ppl like that have access to those things. If they are taken away it's not like those people (and people who just refuse to pay) will just magically get money to spend really, as someone started above

• Like 1

This patch just shows what they really care about... they doesn't care about players, all they care about is money. 

The new Demonsbane ranking reward is a joke.. keep giving more to the whale players and less to the low geared ones. You really want the game to be playable by whales only don't you? 

3 hours ago, Shiro said:

People here acting like rankings are made for alts. 

It's not that. 

Not everyone have high enough gear/ap to get to the top 100, especially when the RNG is bad to get the new accs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ßIÖHÄZÄRD said:

This patch just shows what they really care about... they doesn't care about players, all they care about is money. 

The new Demonsbane ranking reward is a joke.. keep giving more to the whale players and less to the low geared ones. You really want the game to be playable by whales only don't you? 

People abused of hmc rewards ranking on fresh story mode characters and NC decided to kill the rewards, it was obvious that this was going to happen anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, ßIÖHÄZÄRD said:

It's not that. 

Not everyone have high enough gear/ap to get to the top 100, especially when the RNG is bad to get the new accs. 

1. That depends on the class I got rank 100 with my lvl 60 voucher SF so...

2. How bad RNG is for some ppl? I got all 3 pcs set from both AD/SUB running 200 times (100 each) XD 

42 minutes ago, ßIÖHÄZÄRD said:

It's not that. 

Well if you read most of the posts here it's people who want to spam ranking rewards for alts.

And top 100 per CLASS shouldn't be too hard for a main since the game is dead, except maybe warlock, gunner or warden, those ladders are just crazily populated

And why could players "abuse" it? Because the game is played by a few hundred players ... and who is to blame for the horrors? NCWest!
- when no one is doing anything with hackers, I'm slowly still seeing fly / speed hack, etc ...
- when the gold gain is completely unbalanced compared to the price of all equipment
- when the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ RNG decides everything
- when they let the PvP die
- When you pay more than premium acc, it's like playing slot machines

I believe that if my main was a summoner, I would get into the top 100 but I don't have a chance with my FM.
Advice to improve your gear is really ridiculous, if you want to improve your jewelry at least to +6 and from +5 to +6 it will fail 30 times in a row ... let's take that the only guaranteed income are dayly / weekly quests, so you can earn max 2500G per week, the rest is RNG. So I only need 10 years to improve the jewelry.
The other equipment is an even worse joke at the expense of the players, I want to put something from +6 to +9 and after a while you lose 5K gold and you are at +4 ...

If they left the rewards, a lot of players would buy a bonus, because it would double the HMcoins and it would attract new players and many old people would return.
Now? Why would they do that?

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Well if you read most of the posts here it's people who want to spam ranking rewards for alts.

And top 100 per CLASS shouldn't be too hard for a main since the game is dead, except maybe warlock, gunner or warden, those ladders are just crazily populated

bro, you can have shadowfury on your main and be in 40s ranking which before was good enough for x3 brilliant venture tokens, now your main will only get x2 regular venture tokens. Literally no reason to spend money on this game when they put 'new changes' like this. 

23 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

This change to Venture token rewards is utterly and completely unacceptable. In a instant, NCSoft has made it utterly pointless to run alts though Demonsbane content, where as before there was SIGNIFICANT encouragement to do so.

Did I miss something?

All that happened was that demonsbane won't have a ranking for a single week. 7 days.

48 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

Did I miss something?

All that happened was that demonsbane won't have a ranking for a single week. 7 days.

Please read the patch notes that have been posted in the News section of this website before commenting on things you claim to have 'missed'. It clearly states the following:
- Ranks 101-500 no longer give Venture Tokens
- All other ranks give far less then they did before.

3 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Please read the patch notes that have been posted in the News section of this website before commenting on things you claim to have 'missed'.

Don't tell me to read something I already read.

3 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

It clearly states the following

It's actually a huge mess, with the content thrown into same-looking tables and horribly-looking lists.

I miss old patch notes...

4 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

- Ranks 101-500 no longer give Venture Tokens
- All other ranks give far less then they did before.

This is disgusting...

If it was up to me, I would do the rank system according to the style of Tower of Infinity, BG, 1 in 1, etc.

As for rewards, I would significantly raise the rewards in gold.

Weekly I would give the highest placement instead of synthesis stone tradable materials Premium transformation stone and pet pod. I think those who reach rank 10 and less certainly run FoE on Hard, where they have a certain drop synthesis stone and therefore don't need it in rewards. Those who reach the top 3 usually have the equipment at +20 and synthesis stone is a waste for them because they can't even send it to the alt char...

I would change the rewards season from the ground up.
The first three would get NCoins and a winner special outfit. Venture tokens would be similar so far, with only two since 201 and only one for 301-500. It would be a motivation for newcomers to have a chance to get something and even less, it would still be worthwhile to run it with alto.

i.ibb.co/ZTStZnt/Bez-n-zvu-2.jpg

Edited by darthBaal

So appearently if we go by the latest notes we will get the Weekly and Season Rewards for Poharan right away. That means for top 100 we will overall get more rewards total than last season thanks to poh and the added weekly gold rewards.

The only thing it now hurts is people below, which on most classes never even reached stage 31 of AD or SUB, which i consider the bare minimum you would reach if you intend to play that character.

Edited by Crona Darkdance

On 3/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, Crona Darkdance said:

that's actually primarily NA server. In EU fm/wl/gun top 100 started at stage 47, for top 500 you had to clear stage 22.
Most dead ladder in EU was archer (same as in NA) and we had to clear stage 35 for top 100 while it was stage 11 in NA.
It kept me really busy the last 2.5 weeks to rank all alts safely (nearly all of them had to climb to stage 22) and push a few alts in top 100 with the help of a main.

But I also agree that removing hmc from top 500 is a really bad move. I had fun learning how to play my alt classes properly, testing stuff out, spent way more time in the game for running the dungeons since they declared to not make any new raids.
But now there will be no reason to spend my time on alts, hell there is not even enough content for my main to spend time on.
I'm currently struggling in the off season to even stay online 3 hours for the login rewards and am spending more and more time in different games.
And this will not get better if they remove any reason to play your alts (and no honing oils or 140g per daily train is not enough reason to play them)

Edited by DieBaumchen

I play from the beginning,

The first three years of the game I played every day and had a premium membership, I also bought a large number of NCoins to date, which makes an estimated € 10,000.

Gradually, as PvP was dying, I only played from October to April, and from May to September I didn't even pay the acc bonus, and in 2021 I didn't play at all.

With the advent of UE4 and then demonsbane, I returned to the game and it caught me again, I really liked the demonsbane system and the continuation of the story and the sympathy allowed me to get at least average gear. When I saw the rewards for the demonsbane seasons, I bought a 365days premium acc.

Before I found out that he would cancel the rewards, I started to equip my alts, two of them already have an IA weapon, the rest have story gear + st9 ET weapons. But I didn't want to use PTS to upgrade to silversteel. Now I'm sorry I did it for two alts. I spent a lot of time in the game. Now I have found that I will not get a reward even on my main character, my best placement was 158 and I really regret buying 365day premium acc and I will try to cancel this membership because my gaming activity will drop to the original state when I was in the game for a maximum of 1 hour daily and through the summer did not play at all and therefore I do not need a bonus.

Whales don't care, but average and weaker players again have no reason to play it actively, because they don't get rewards.

B&S had slowly started to be fun again and i played more than just the raids, daylies and weekly rounds in the clan / with friends. And then, you do something like this "Ranks 101-500 no longer give Venture Tokens".

Sorry this is the wrong way, a reduction or the introduction/launch/lead-in of one or two more stages would still have been okay. But a complete deletion of the coins is just . . .

(Sorry, my english is a littel, hmmmm, ^^ rusted ^^)

Edited by Wolfengel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crona Darkdance said:

So appearently if we go by the latest notes we will get the Weekly and Season Rewards for Poharan right away. That means for top 100 we will overall get more rewards total than last season thanks to poh and the added weekly gold rewards.

The only thing it now hurts is people below, which on most classes never even reached stage 31 of AD or SUB, which i consider the bare minimum you would reach if you intend to play that character.

KR does not have a season for Chaos Supply Chain, and a prior news post indicated we wouldn't get one either. The dungeon preview is in conflict with previous news posts, so it is currently unknown. No matter what however, you get LESS for top 100 because the blue venture tokens have been replaced with the green ones, and as you likely know, green ones give less HMC. The rewards have literally been cut by 80-90% for a majority of players.