This event is worse then before

repliergod

whole 4 days take to upgrade moonlight soul my stage still showing 1 after doing 4dailies wtf is this  for 20 moonlight coin we play 4 day?

and the people who try to say i have 2240 ap  people wont let me enter house of idol cause they want 2500ap above - cant get it so i end up in below dugeno

now the point is that why u making troll event which is so impossible to acquire things  

do u even see ur f8 urself how much dead itself no one even playing blade and soul anymore they all afk in primeworld   hard to get party on f8 as well 

should not u increase the event mats and reduce the time so we can do on main and alts as wells 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, repliergod said:

whole 4 days take to upgrade moonlight soul my stage still showing 1 after doing 4dailies wtf is this  for 20 moonlight coin we play 4 day?

and the people who try to say i have 2240 ap  people wont let me enter house of idol cause they want 2500ap above - cant get it so i end up in below dugeno

now the point is that why u making troll event which is so impossible to acquire things  

do u even see ur f8 urself how much dead itself no one even playing blade and soul anymore they all afk in primeworld   hard to get party on f8 as well 

should not u increase the event mats and reduce the time so we can do on main and alts as wells 

You can make your own House of Idols group with 2200 AP and find people for it. There is nothing stopping you.

As for F8, people stopped using F8 because there is no point for it. All groups are made on server or via discord. F8 should have been removed a long time ago.

I was going to make a whole long post but the core issue is this:

Events are supposed to be fun. FUN. Remember that? When was the last time anyone had fun with an event in Blade and Soul? Not that you got something valuable, but that you enjoyed participating in and of itself. Probably never. Events in this game always degenerate into a tedious grind. They become mandatory and are a chore. Normally on MMO's, events are an optional bonus designed to break up the routine. But in B&S, events ARE the routine; one is always running, forcing you onto a never ending treadmill. I feel like I never have time left over to do anything I actually want.

Having back-to-back events that require a 5 quest daily challenge in addition to running specific dungeons is miserable. Salvaging 6 souls just to get the two new outfit pieces is ridiculous. I understand making it take awhile to get upgrade mats (oils/pods), but a full event outfit should be easily gotten within a week even for casual players.

For those of us with alts and who don't buy gold or bot, the current system for events is and always has been overly slow, grindy, and generally unpleasant. And I don't think it's unreasonable to want a video game to be fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lillvargen said:

if you don't like the event don't do it

F8 has been hard to find people for a while now

This event is full of grind bullshit and I don't like it either but as you mentioned "dont like it don't do it" and thats exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm not even planning to play the game anymore. I came back to BNS 2-3  months ago after I quit in 2017 cuz I couldn't stand the FPS issues. But now the game it's even worse and it's disgusting that every damn ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ is in the ncoin shop. Like for real?????? I mostly prefer doing PVP and back then was fun and cool in the arena (because other than that 6v6 is p2w crap). Now is dead and the only ppl there is the one that own the ladder with their damn alts.  Then I was like ok lets do the PVE part but holy moly either you farm to dead or you spend you life savings on that GREEDY NCOINS SHOP. There is not enough ppl on that server so why the fk bother? Plenty of games out there. 

The attitude of "don't like it, don't do it" is very logical, but it is also why this game has a hemorrhaging playerbase. Letting NCSoft know what we don't like should be seen as helpful. Events should make people want to play more, not burn them out. A larger community would make this game better for everyone, but the current state of B&S (not just events but ALL of it) makes it impossible for me to recommend to people. Which is a shame because the core game is great, it's just squashed under NCSoft's bad management.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Unya said:

The attitude of "don't like it, don't do it" is very logical, but it is also why this game has a hemorrhaging playerbase. Letting NCSoft know what we don't like should be seen as helpful. Events should make people want to play more, not burn them out. A larger community would make this game better for everyone, but the current state of B&S (not just events but ALL of it) makes it impossible for me to recommend to people. Which is a shame because the core game is great, it's just squashed under NCSoft's bad management.

I hate to say it but I have to disagree with you heavily on the whole "a larger community would make this game better". The reason for that is the main complaint people have is "why should I have to do dungeons or dailies in an MMO grind-based game". Increasing the player count wont change the fact that they have to login if they want to progress.

11 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

I hate to say it but I have to disagree with you heavily on the whole "a larger community would make this game better". The reason for that is the main complaint people have is "why should I have to do dungeons or dailies in an MMO grind-based game". Increasing the player count wont change the fact that they have to login if they want to progress.

I agree that the entitlement mentality has almost completely destroyed the gaming community, but the only way to improve that is for games to be made that have engaging content, reward players for participating in this content, and eradicate the P2W and welfare systems that encourage laziness over effort. If the game was properly managed, it would attract the right kinds of people and the entitled ones would move on after a couple of months. And having more people to actually run dungeons with would do a lot to alleviate the coma that is sitting in the F8 lobby.

But it's true that I have no expectations that NCSoft would ever abandon the shortsightedness of a whale-dependent economy and actually do this.

The majority of the real players left the game long ago, leaving only those that was to login for an hour tops a week and have max gear... No matter how much they dumb down / nerf things people will still complain it's to hard. No matter how much they give away for free, they will complain all events are p2w or don't give enough rewards... I've seen the forums flooded with "p2w" event posts during events I was getting full-rewards on storyline geared characters, doesn't get any sadder than that.

Honestly, they could probably give you max item-slots out storyline and people would still complain "why don't I have my psyches yet? Why do I have to run dungeons for them?" I miss when the game had real mechanics in dungeons and didn't insist on dumbing everything down, when people enjoyed learning proper mechanics for doing hm dungeons. They need to realise that no matter how much they give away the current bulk of the community will still find any excuse to cry about it since they get more free stuff for it in return and stop doing it. (i'm not saying all of the community is like that, just the majority.)

• Like 1

I aint doing the event. For me its a blessing because I can focus on other things in the game.  Its great to take breaks from events because otherwise that leads to burnouts and ultimately not wanting to play at all. 

Using this time to gem my alts since they are the main ones feeding my main resources.