Ways to improve the game for new players

Asuka Yuuji

Hello everyone.
Ebon realm is great way for new players to grind some gear and soul shields, but time to kill mob plus drop rates are not that great new player wont have any chance to obtain things he need on time and well since game is not friendly to new players and main game mechanics are not explained good enough im here to suggest some changes:
1 Ebon realm drop rates and way to fix it: there are 3 ways to improve 
   1 Increase drop rates of Ebon bloom.
   2 Increase drop rate of chest that contain extra ebon bloom (at least once on every 50-100 mobs). 
   3 Add some special mob that is not hard to kill on every 100 mobs that will give like 50 Ebon Bloom.
2 Buying items is a lucky guess since there is no item level on items new players dont know what to buy and way to get correct item 3 ways to fix it:

1 Add item level on items so new players know what item is the Upgrade. 
   2 Add text on item that will show to new players what they are buying example (Raid 230ilvl or PVP 230ilvl) this will be great help to new players they will know what they are buying always.

3 Soul Shields 3 ways to fix it:
  1 Add Item level and orientation on Soul Shield like on Items example 
  2 Add text on them for better instructions how to obtain location what to grind etc 
  3 Fix Pricing for them because (insane Grind you wont belive ITS NOT FUN AT ALL)

4 Proffesions:
  1 Add some instructions for players so they know its needed to get into crafting guild in order to progress and upgrade gear get gold etc as a new player i didnt even know proffesions are a thing in game and how important they really are until one of players did explain me that its the way to go if i wanna obtain materials to improve my gear 
  2 Time for gethering materials are too long if you are proffesions oriented player you will play every 4 days when your materials arive it can be fixed like increase price for gathering materials by 100% but time to wait for materials to arive cut it by 50% 

Thanks for looking at my post these are things i noticed in first 5 days of playing game and what was a problem for me on my way to lvl 60 im playing MMOs for really long time more than 10 years and we all know game needs to be more friendly and easy to follow in order to keep as much new players as possible i hope some of things i mention here will get fixed and that new players will decide to stay and continue their BNS story 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asuka Yuuji said:

2 Buying items is a lucky guess since there is no item level on items new players dont know what to buy and way to get correct item 3 ways to fix it:

1 Add item level on items so new players know what item is the Upgrade. 
   2 Add text on item that will show to new players what they are buying example (Raid 230ilvl or PVP 230ilvl) this will be great help to new players they will know what they are buying always.

I am against item level. Played many games that did have that and it caused more problems than benefits. Players can simply open the upgrade path window and see for themselves which items are the better ones. That being said, there should be a tutorial in game for that.

3 Soul Shields 3 ways to fix it:
  1 Add Item level and orientation on Soul Shield like on Items example 
  2 Add text on them for better instructions how to obtain location what to grind etc 
  3 Fix Pricing for them because (insane Grind you wont belive ITS NOT FUN AT ALL)

There is already text stating where which soulshields come from. So i am not sure what other text you want to have added.

Which pricing are you referring to? If its ebon blooms etc, well players have 3 choices:

1. Farm the blooms to buy the shields without doing the raid

2. do the raid

3. Skip raid soulshields and get the dungeon ones from cathedra cliffs or House of idols.

4 Proffesions:
  1 Add some instructions for players so they know its needed to get into crafting guild in order to progress and upgrade gear get gold etc as a new player i didnt even know proffesions are a thing in game and how important they really are until one of players did explain me that its the way to go if i wanna obtain materials to improve my gear 
  2 Time for gethering materials are too long if you are proffesions oriented player you will play every 4 days when your materials arive it can be fixed like increase price for gathering materials by 100% but time to wait for materials to arive cut it by 50% 

There is a tutorial quest for crafting that should explain that but it needs to be updated. It explains the crafting.

as i see you know this game really good but new players dont i dont even know about that crafting quest and i have 4 different types of soul shields benefits are different but they seem to be on same level i about gear i see upgrade path but i dont see the way to get wepp or bracers etc that is minor problem how can i obtain items etc 

In other words i didnt know i need to do Mushin Tower in order to maybe get the bracers etc what wepp is better for raiding etc there is soo many things that should be explained like 2 type of wepps is put as raiding one have amazing stats bonus and you get other one not knowing that you just got ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and you should replace it now im stuck with stage 9 exalted wepp and now i need soo much things just to replace it 

Edited by Asuka Yuuji

The community needs to be improved, first, before New players will feel more at home.

Everyone just solos everything, trolls in f8 or talks crap in faction chat.

People would need to help people more, instead of just turning them away, be less strict and stop being elitists.

All I see is cliques and elitists telling people what to do, at all times and it chases away anyone joining the game. The ones that are left are older players, that has alts. Just needs a bit more "Hospitality" and the Devs should allow players to feel more welcomed and want to feel more involved over separated.

I remember reading "We're tired of having to carry you poor weak under-geared lazy nobodies." And they were being 100% serious in their response.

You have less people helping you and even less people that are like "New player, welcome." no greetings, "just kiss my a**." 

Half of the people I've spoken to, about BnS, quit because of the community. That was their biggest reason, other than economy, not able to earn gold decently and ect.

~Here are 5 steps, to help you on your journey to being a BnS certified a**clown Boss that Gets Money because Huge PP wallet~

1.) Atk Power is king, if you don't have a certain amount then ***, squirrel peen. If you do, Flaunt it, act like a king/queen. UwU for head pats, flaunt more, call people Oniichan/Oneesama, then tell them how much they're weak and then ask them to carry you in a dungeon, then don't help and laugh at them, if they make mistakes.

2.) Knowing the dungeon, even if you've never been there, that's a priority.| Which is overshadowed by "You must have huge damage so we can skip every step of this dungeon or you are worthless.

3.) Be a born expert at your class, even though you're new to it or it just came out. You're expected to know the very basics and the in's and outs of all there is to know about your class. If you mess up, Gawd help you!

4.) Rush! Rush everything even if one of your party members can't load as fast as you and then complain if you're not the first one there and someone started before you. Either or is fine.

5.) Troll weaker players and make most things out of their reach, then complain about people not being able to catch up to you and then call them weak because they can't Whale as hard as you.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Estellia said:

The community needs to be improved, first, before New players will feel more at home.

People would need to help people more, instead of just turning them away, be less strict and stop being elitists.

All I see is cliques and elitists telling people what to do, at all times and it chases away anyone joining the game. The ones that are left are older players, that has alts. Just needs a bit more "Hospitality" and the Devs should allow players to feel more welcomed and want to feel more involved over separated.

I

Hell yeah. I wonder why this kind of suggestions not come more.

People sometime forget the Multiplayer part of the MMORPG's.  interactions are integral part of anything involving  anything between two or more sentient human being.  One can solo dg that's great but this is online game, the more the merrier or the messier as many people got involved. 

But i have seen time where say, F8 was fertile ground, even without pre-made group in discord i can do high end dg like Desolate tomb or Citadel. People are still willing to try and have fun with mechanics and such.

One can start from oneself.  one random act of kindness at a time.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

People sometime forget the Multiplayer part of the MMORPG's.  interactions are integral part of anything involving  anything between two or more sentient human being.  One can solo dg that's great but this is online game, the more the merrier or the messier as many people got involved. 

There are several problems with this.

1. Loot is for the whole group if you dont solo the pleb dungeons this means it might get expensive

2. New players and weak players are usually not known for doing dungeons without failing mechs or dying so the difficulty is to hard for them to not be a boother for geared players.

3. New players might not think about it but if you come out of the story and expect to be able to run doll house and iron ark and search for a party for thoose they are toxic and sending the wrong messages to older players. Which might result in an agressive aproach from older players making the new players quit cause they think people are just mean.

To make it actually new player friendly we would need several completly game chaning things.

1. Easy mode like in KR

2. Non shared loot.

4 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

There are several problems with this.

1. Loot is for the whole group if you dont solo the pleb dungeons this means it might get expensive

2. New players and weak players are usually not known for doing dungeons without failing mechs or dying so the difficulty is to hard for them to not be a boother for geared players.

3. New players might not think about it but if you come out of the story and expect to be able to run doll house and iron ark and search for a party for thoose they are toxic and sending the wrong messages to older players. Which might result in an agressive aproach from older players making the new players quit cause they think people are just mean.

To make it actually new player friendly we would need several completly game chaning things.

1. Easy mode like in KR

2. Non shared loot.

Well that's the dynamics of MMO's. You just have to accept it and proceed as usual.   Otherwise one should better off playing a single player game. 

Loot ? BNS Have the most fair system here... bring more gold, that's the way the wealth is distributed. the higher bid means more shares for the rest.  It fails as there arent many people playing anymore or people making their own secret group.

I did got into problem with new people not wanting to do mechs, not listening etc, there are some encouraging people however they listen, we get things done.

but after all it's just tuesday.  

Num 3 is exceptionally rare i sometimes wonder if they really exist. Like TBH i never really got into a situation where new players or noobs etc whispering me telling im suck not willing to help after i gave up in dungeon or not willing to run certain dg's. I drop mssg in party "Guys i cant help you if you not willing to listen" and leave... nothing happened.  All i see so far i people asking for directions where to go after story.

31 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Well that's the dynamics of MMO's. You just have to accept it and proceed as usual.   Otherwise one should better off playing a single player game. 

Not entirely true. Even if you solo dungeons you can still play other gamemodes with friends and guilds like raids or Battlegrounds. Also there are people hating PVE they dont want to enter it at all but are forced to cause PVP requires you to farm the accesories.

Loot ? BNS Have the most fair system here... bring more gold, that's the way the wealth is distributed. the higher bid means more shares for the rest.  It fails as there arent many people playing anymore or people making their own secret group.

It fails cause if i can solo i prefer to run shadowmoor for example alone cause i rather pay 0G for a garnet then up to 500G. If you give your players a disadvantage for helping others then the dev is sending a wrong message.

I did got into problem with new people not wanting to do mechs, not listening etc, there are some encouraging people however they listen, we get things done.

To my experience most new players dont know mech and even if you ask them they will not answer even if you offer them to teach them the mechs. Thats why i only run with randooms in dungeons i can solo and dont need the drops. I know there are some who want to learn but they should get a guild instead of some randoom dude they find in LFP.

Num 3 is exceptionally rare i sometimes wonder if they really exist.

I am talking about thoose who search in LFP and when you tell them they do not meet the minimum requirements for dollhouse with their story accesories and raven 5 weapon they keep quiet and when you ask them to cancel so you can leave they ignore you forcing you to force close the game or wait 30 minutes till que ends. It happens alot thats one of the biggest reasons LFP is dead in dungeons people cannot solo.

8 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I am talking about thoose who search in LFP and when you tell them they do not meet the minimum requirements for dollhouse with their story accesories and raven 5 weapon they keep quiet and when you ask them to cancel so you can leave they ignore you forcing you to force close the game or wait 30 minutes till que ends. It happens alot thats one of the biggest reasons LFP is dead in dungeons people cannot solo.

Some of the stuff still seems to exist ingame, it just need to be adjusted a bit. I seen this when I recently did screenshots without weapon and entered F8 forgetting to re-equip it and was unable to hit any LFP.

Edited by Belido

Honestly i didnt have those problems like in raids im weakest and people still dont tell me im bad etc they help me gear up and progress on Faction chat (Celuran) everyone is friendly and helping as much as they can and know 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:23 AM, Estellia said:

I remember reading "We're tired of having to carry you poor weak under-geared lazy nobodies." And they were being 100% serious in their response.

You have less people helping you and even less people that are like "New player, welcome." no greetings, "just kiss my a**."

Half of the people I've spoken to, about BnS, quit because of the community. That was their biggest reason, other than economy, not able to earn gold decently and ect.

~Here are 5 steps, to help you on your journey to being a BnS certified a**clown Boss that Gets Money because Huge PP wallet~

1.) Atk Power is king, if you don't have a certain amount ***, squirrel peen. If you do, Flaunt it, act like a king/queen. UwU for head pats, flaunt more, call people Oniichan/Oneesama, then tell them how much they're weak and then ask them to carry you in a dungeon, then don't help and laugh at them, if they make mistakes.

2.) Knowing the dungeon, even if you've never been there, that's a priority.| Which is overshadowed by "You must have huge damage so we can skip every step of this dungeon or you are worthless.

3.) Be a born expert at your class, even though you're new to it or it just came out. You're expected to know the very basics and the in's and outs of all there is to know about your class. If you mess up, Gawd help you!

4.) Rush! Rush everything even if one of your party members can't load as fast as you and then complain if you're not the first one there and someone started before you. Either or is fine.

5.) Troll weaker players and make most things out of their reach, then complain about people not being able to catch up to you and then call them weak because they can't Whale as hard as you.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE TO THIS.

As a new player, I just don't know what the hell to do. The only thing I ever get told is "Just do your campaign" well, I've done that. I have learned nothing about the actual content of the game, and just feel like i was carried to level 60 without grasping my character, where dungeons are, what levels to do them at, or even what gear is good or bad. The community is either dead, or repeats the same garbage "Do the campaign"

• Like 1

yeah. players nowadays have no patience. i was once kicked from raid because they don't want to wait for 20 seconds waiting for me to finish loading.
i was like "CAN"T YOU WAIT FOR JUST 20 SECONDS???"

eh, i think i should upgrade my old pc..

Edited by josher
  • Like 1

I think one big improvement for new players will be at last one chanel per region lvl 60 players can't enter. Trying to make a boss to get the items for roulette that give me my final questitem. It was very frustating that in both chanels lvl 60 players were killing the boss with one hit and me as new player hase no chance to make enough dmg to get a reward from the boss. At last it takes me five hours to finish the quest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Siara Siasyndra said:

I think one big improvement for new players will be at last one chanel per region lvl 60 players can't enter. Trying to make a boss to get the items for roulette that give me my final questitem. It was very frustating that in both chanels lvl 60 players were killing the boss with one hit and me as new player hase no chance to make enough dmg to get a reward from the boss. At last it takes me five hours to finish the quest.

The player base is already limited as it is. If they further have to separate the base, yet again, will be even more lonely. What would be better is to add more difficulties, easy mode would be more for beginning players, normal would be for normal player base and hard would be for the die hard and competitive junkies. Easy mode shouldn't allow anyone that have too much experience in a dungeon to join it, resulting in going on normal and up.

Would keep track of how many times you've entered and when it see's you're use to it, they should act accordingly.

Separating everyone just separates the player base more than it is. You'll see less and less people and the game will just feel more dead.

What we want is to bring people back to BnS and have people playing more, so it gives them a reason to see the game is alive enough to ultimately need to make more servers, more content, keep things rolling  and keep them on track of listening to the player base/fans instead of ignoring them all the time.

((Also, this is off-chat and goes for any game that has, close, feels like or on the verge of shutting down, losing player base but I feel like Devs and GMs that let the game die that they say the love and worked hard on are pathetic, especially if they use the last bit of life to milk money before it dies. You love the game but you're just using it to make you filthy rich instead of supporting the game that you love and built with your hands. "We are sorry to see it go and we love this game but it's not funding itself anymore." Try harder for your passion if it really is your passion. Let the game be open to everyone, not just whales. You're catering only to a specific group allows it to die, all the time. The only base you have are whales, when there is so many more people playing that should be catered to as well. Even non-whales support the game, they might spend less but they support it.))

What we want is to bring people back to BnS and have people playing more, so it gives them a reason to see the game is alive enough to ultimately need to make more servers, more content, keep things rolling  and keep them on track of listening to the player base/fans instead of ignoring them all the time.

how people going back to BnS if they keep milking money from players? after all this years, they still overpricing everything. look at the f10 and you guys will know what i mean. this game is definitely not friendly to a fresh new player, and can't 100% free to play. real money must be included to catch up with others.