Cooldown Timers on Halloween Haunt Items

Hime

• NCSOFT

Hello Cricket,

As many have reported, there is an issue with Halloween Haul and Heavy Halloween Haul having a cooldown timer when used, and that cooldown timer is shared with the Armory Chest. The cooldown on the Haul items are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, October 28. Due to the inconvenience of the cooldown issue, we’ll have a FREE bundle available on the Hongmoon Store (under Supplies on the Hongmoon Coin tab) starting next week on Wednesday, October 28 through November 4, 2020.The bundle will include:

• x1 Box of Spells
  • x2 Legendary Jewel
  • x2 Nocturnal Scale Fragment
  • x10 Elder Scale Fragment
  • x20 Onyx Scale Fragment

Thank you for your patience!

3 hours ago, Maakiru said:

nice compensation totally makes up for the 5 days i cant do the new event after spending 50 bucks on keys from your cash shop

the good thing is atleast we wont have to deal with 4hrs cd on halloween boxes anymore for the rest of the event. This means you can open all the hauls we couldn't open due to CTA (in the same boat with you, i am the one who started the thread about this) at once since the cooldown itself will be gone. So the 5 days whatever you had stored just open em at once :D

4 minutes ago, Duey722 said:

Aaaannnnndddd, the cooldowns are still there. Nice.

I'm not surprised, pretty sure the 5h cd is supposed to be there since we had events like this before. They just don't have any clue about their game.

Wednesday, October 28.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:04 PM, Hime said:

The cooldown on the Haul items are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, October 28.

"The (18 hr) cooldown(s) on the Haul items (when opening an armory chest/arms race cache) are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on."

Read it with the context of the entire message and not literally word for word.  Removing the cool down would have been a nice touch for F10 key bundle buyers still opening their armory boxes, with little effect on the overall time gating of the event, as players are still gated for the most part by the taffy acquisition.

still what we got for compensation for waiting 18 hours per pouch is bull crap people who spent money on those keys which i did now have lost time on the event and opening the event pouches bns get ur stuff together i spent money fix this

1 minute ago, Maakiru said:

still what we got for compensation for waiting 18 hours per pouch is bull crap people who spent money on those keys which i did now have lost time on the event and opening the event pouches bns get ur stuff together i spent money fix this

If you are referring to the arms race cahce you wouldnt be able to open it anyway. it expired the day the event ended so last week wednesday when halloween went live.

Just commenting to express my disapproval on boxes with a cooldown. 

It only encourages an unhealthy relationship with the game. That "feature" is reminiscent of stamina systems in mobile games, those aim to slow down non-premium users vs premium users and encourage spending. Here? There is not even a point in slowing people down because the rewards from it are negligible and you don't monetize "cooldown reduction on boxes". 

The boxes without cooldown are not a "free" mechanic anyway, because one has to get Pumpkin Taffy to upgrade the boxes in order to really get anything out of the event. 

Forcing people to remember opening a box every 5 hours will only push then towards contemplating whether or not they really have fun playing the game, returning to my game relationship argument. ?? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ?? ?? ????, ??? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ???????????, ???? ?? ??? ????????? ?? ????? ??? ?????????, ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?? ???? ????? ? ??????????.

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

If you are referring to the arms race cahce you wouldnt be able to open it anyway. it expired the day the event ended so last week wednesday when halloween went live.

i bought the keys last week there is 12 stages each stage consist of one 18 hour cool down so i was on stage 3 when holloween event hit so for many days i couldnt do the new event because the armory box and its cooldown the box is not expired until the 11th of next month so anybody who bought the keys could finish them right this i know is true what i speak and how i feel remain the same i hope we are on the same page now as far as those armory box stage 1-12 go and buying the keys from the f10 and how they werent expired like the arms cache

Edited by Maakiru

7 hours ago, Maakiru said:

i bought the keys last week there is 12 stages each stage consist of one 18 hour cool down so i was on stage 3 when holloween event hit so for many days i couldnt do the new event because the armory box and its cooldown the box is not expired until the 11th of next month so anybody who bought the keys could finish them right this i know is true what i speak and how i feel remain the same i hope we are on the same page now as far as those armory box stage 1-12 go and buying the keys from the f10 and how they werent expired like the arms cache

Ach gotcha, well, you still have more than enough days to open all 12 stages.

20 hours ago, ElectricPotato said:

Wednesday, October 28.

"The (18 hr) cooldown(s) on the Haul items (when opening an armory chest/arms race cache) are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on."

Read it with the context of the entire message and not literally word for word.  Removing the cool down would have been a nice touch for F10 key bundle buyers still opening their armory boxes, with little effect on the overall time gating of the event, as players are still gated for the most part by the taffy acquisition.

That sentence is fine the issue is with the first one:

As many have reported, there is an issue with Halloween Haul and Heavy Halloween Haul having a cooldown timer when used, and that cooldown timer is shared with the Armory Chest.

The way she wrote it clearly implies that there shouldn't be a cd at all, she should have just left out the "having a" and it would have been fine. I totally saw that coming that people would expect that cd to be gone and complain here after maintenance.

@Hime Your statement from your original post says they were not intended:

The cooldown on the Haul items are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, October 28.

That they'd be fixed after the 10/28 maintenance. Yet the cooldowns still remain. Are these Halloween Haul bags supposed to have a cooldown or not?

Edited by StrykerGaming

6 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

@Hime Your statement from your original post says they were not intended:

That they'd be fixed after the 10/28 maintenance. Yet the cooldowns still remain. Are these Halloween Haul bags supposed to have a cooldown or not?

We had events like this before the 5h cooldown is intended. nc just sucks at properly communicating with the community, business as usual.

15 hours ago, Cor said:

We had events like this before the 5h cooldown is intended. nc just sucks at properly communicating with the community, business as usual.

The statement, "The cooldown on the Haul items are not intended and will be resolved during the next scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, October 28." is unambiguous. @Hime stated cooldown on haul items are not intended. Not that they shouldn't be the same as the others with 17hr cooldowns. If they are unintended to have any cooldown then they should've fixed it as stated. They haven't. Either it was forgotten or NCSOFT stepped in and said, "cooldown on all to hell with the western players!"

Either way, @Hime owes us an explanation to what it is supposed to be. Either we were lied to or he somehow purposefully misled us with his original statement trying to hedge his bets. One way or the other, we got the opposite of what he said. @Hime silence on this matter is telling. It's just another straw on the camel's back on how the staff here deals with the player base.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LordSwiftStrike said:

Sadly, many will probably have dozens of these expire. It's not the care of having or not having a cooldown it's more like the wrong information being conveyed to the playerbase.

Exactly. I have 10 left. I may, just may be down to 5 after that...they're useless. This is what happens when the TPTB believe applying their egregious "grind" to things of this nature. They get our money and then force us to grind out (waiting long stupid hours) to unlock another one. This will make me think twice before spending anymore of my money on something that will end up being thrown away. Thanks @Hime and company!

48 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

Exactly. I have 10 left. I may, just may be down to 5 after that...they're useless. This is what happens when the TPTB believe applying their egregious "grind" to things of this nature. They get our money and then force us to grind out (waiting long stupid hours) to unlock another one. This will make me think twice before spending anymore of my money on something that will end up being thrown away. Thanks @Hime and company!

Huh money? What are you talking about hauls are free event items, only event thing in the cash shop is box of spells. If you used the pumpkin tuffy from that box to make more heavy hauls than you can open that's kinda your own fault.

2 hours ago, Cor said:

Huh money? What are you talking about hauls are free event items, only event thing in the cash shop is box of spells. If you used the pumpkin tuffy from that box to make more heavy hauls than you can open that's kinda your own fault.

Someone here is talking out of context, alot of people bought CTA keys on last day since they would not be able to finish in time, all of us got hit by a 18hr cd for like 7 days where we couldn't open halloween hauls, thats 25% of the event time missed out, they are the ones who still have heavy hauls still leftover so yeah people paid money and got ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.