3rd Spec Tree

Hawku

It's a shame that most people had to change to 3rd spec bm, kfm and now destroyer simply because it deals more dmg and has better skills both pve and pvp. The same goes for each new 3rd spec tree for each class ncsoft releases.

I'm sure many ppl still love fire and lighting, but since they deal less dmg, they had to switch to spectral. It's sad seeing ncsoft discard older tress, instead of making them better, why don't they all deal the same dmg? just let us decide which one we wanna play without feeling like we're losing dps. Also, ncsoft turned a melee character into range? does that make any sense? imagine a gunner doing a melee combo just because... 

Revamp fire and lighting, give them big aoe like spectral or something, each tree has its own way to play, don't force us to switch to the one that deals more dmg, i don't like playing spectral, i find it so easy to play that it's dumb to be honest, takes all the fun away, it's like a tree for newcomers without any experience.

This game is basically taking all classes and turning them into just 1 way of playing them, it's 3rd spec or you're wasting your time, which is idiotic in my opinion. If your intention was to make everyone play the most op tree of each class, what's the point on leaving the older trees as an option? remove them then or make them as good as the 3rd spec tree. Gives us the freedom to choose whatever tree we wanna play whitout losing such huge dps. 

• Like 1

True its way to imbalance and we know the reason why to well. To make money. However it also depends on ppl as well. There will always will be ppl who chases dmg and will rerol to anything that does higher dmg. And there is ppl who likes playstyle and arent changing specs or classes on fly and plays what they enjoy.

I myself wait for dest 3rd spec to try it out myself first and after that make my decision be earth or go 3rd spec. Was same with bm 3rd spec i am sucker for swords and i realy liked its concepts with flock of blades but atack rotation to me felt cluncky. Even through i got vt bage i dont play with that spec because it doesnt feel smoothe to me personaly. Al in all it comes in persinal goals and tastes :)

Just now, Hawku said:

It's a shame that most people had to change to 3rd spec bm, kfm and now destroyer simply because it deals more dmg and has better skills both pve and pvp. The same goes for each new 3rd spec tree for each class ncsoft releases.

I'm sure many ppl still love fire and lighting, but since they deal less dmg, they had to switch to spectral. It's sad seeing ncsoft discard older tress, instead of making them better, why don't they all deal the same dmg? just let us decide which one we wanna play without feeling like we're losing dps. Also, ncsoft turned a melee character into range? does that make any sense? imagine a gunner doing a melee combo just because... 

Revamp fire and lighting, give them big aoe like spectral or something, each tree has its own way to play, don't force us to switch to the one that deals more dmg, i don't like playing spectral, i find it so easy to play that it's dumb to be honest, takes all the fun away, it's like a tree for newcomers without any experience.

This game is basically taking all classes and turning them into just 1 way of playing them, it's 3rd spec or you're wasting your time, which is idiotic in my opinion. If your intention was to make everyone play the most op tree of each class, what's the point on leaving the older trees as an option? remove them then or make them as good as the 3rd spec tree. Gives us the freedom to choose whatever tree we wanna play whitout losing such huge dps. 

i aGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID, about making em deal same damage but ............ 

Blade masters now are really a pain , and if you ask me one of the most broken class to step foot in arena... wl was op but bm literally took the cake , getting one air and dead....

you realize that in order for bms to be as op as they are now , 75 percent of classes in game got nerf and loss their guard break skill or have the cd increase on it . while bm got broken in every skill build .... as weak as fire is one pull and spin is gg , light build one pull flash step 75 percent hp , spectral one aerial 90 percent hp or you dead.

bm been broken since awaken third spec made em  even more broken. 

what this game needs to do is make 3rd spec op for sometime then nerf it to be like the others ....

bm third spec is too perfect... in pvp and pve 

not even kfm 3rd spec comes close ... using dog in arena is kinda meh cause you dont have cc or much def skils .  even in bg using dog is a death sentence you can get kills but not worth it . and even kfm dog build feels boring, its stiff and too complicated. and they nerf dog too..... already .

destroyer and sin time now nerf the 3rd spec classes and make these two the focus .

Edited by Miggy Miggs

As much as I agree with the statement on spectral BM overshadowing all it's other specs, wolf kfm, although good in PvP, proved to be lackluster in comparison to fire.
However DpS wise the difference between the two is indeed rather large, and they get that invulnerability making wolf heavily favoured for PvE.
On the other hand Destroyer third spec was shockingly lackluster. Sure it has good damage, but compared to 3rd spec BM and KFM it's not as much of an increase as you'd have originally thought, and PvP wise it's absolute trash next to earth Destroyer. Emberstomp is gone, red spin is gone, I believe they don't have spammable stone shield/personal sheathe either, and in the first place if an earth Destroyer got a hold of you with their badge proc, they could ani-cancel your ass into the ground quickly.
Seeing as a lot of people that play Destroyer simply like to PvP, not much rerolling involved.

It is not only that the old talents are weaker (in PvE, in PvP they are still strongersometimes) but changing talents is needlessly expensive.While it is easy to change your ring, earring and necklace, bracelet and badges are way too expensive or impossible to switch.

Change bracelet? > farm master hong for 4 hours to get 5 tokens.

Edited by Arohk

At least PvE-wise, I'm glad that the 3rd spec KFM is not as broken as, say BM. Wind KFM has better sustained damage, while Wolf is more about burst damage. Still, Fire KFM is just... lacking by comparison... which honestly is just sad if you ask me.

Class balance in general is sorely lacking if you ask me. Even with a lot of the updates this patch, some classes really need more in order to keep up (Soul Fighter comes to mind). Also, as mentioned, some paths lack heavily behind the others, not even classes with 3rd specs (Ice FM comes to mind). There just needs to be better balance overall. It really should be up to play style more than what class or path does more damage.

• 4 months later...

I wanna necro this topic a little ;)

We all agree that combat system in BnS is what makes us play. Some people preffer Earth Destroyer, some stick to Shadow, like me. And there are some that play new 3rd spec just cause it deals more damage. I am an MMO player and I see this in every game. even 3-5% more damage makes half of the people switch to "superior" spec and we know balancing specs is hard, but NC$oft is not even trying.

I'm an altoholic, I like trying different playstyles. Got all the classes in bns leveled up. I was maining SIN, then KFM, then WL and now I'm on FM. Honestly can't wait for that sweet yin&yang FM 3rd spec tbh. But! I also wanted to sugest one thing: make SF 3rd spec a full ranged one please!

PS.: Oh, and if I can suggest another: delete lyn from the game.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Madscream:

SF 3rd spec a full ranged one please!

And give them 12 sec godmode skill while they can move and do dmg just like destroyer and Assasin. Its simply unfair there is nothing in this game to fight against an enemy that got 90% dmg reduction you either run and let him have the objectives or you die. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Madscream:

PS.: Oh, and if I can suggest another: delete lyn from the game.

I want Soul fighter lyn to this day and most people want to play lyn aswell but they are forced to play Jin or Gon. It dosent make sense why Lyn can wield a big ass sword as Warden but cant wear two lil gloves or in case of sf just one.