Let's talk about Attack Power in 2018

Kyootic

Now if I'm getting this right, AP is the sum of the weapon, gems, souls and accessories as well as soul shield bonuses and attributes.

In percentage, how many BNS players think this is what AP is vs how many BNS players think it's a magic number that plays an important role in your dps and your knowledge of the gameplay?

In percentage, how many BNS players look at crit stats, accuracy, boss AP, and elemental damage vs how many BNS players look at weapon level, gems and AP?

Is AP really everything? I don't think so in PVE terms, how bout you?

AP barely means anything for dps. 

What causes high dps are the various multipliers being stacked ontop of each other, skill mods (from bracelet soulshield bracelet and others), critical damage, elemental damage. Critical rate is important to make critical damage useful.

High AP doesn't mean more dps, Yeah we all agree. But, High AP means you are at least on a higher chance of being experienced in certain dungeons, When a 900 come in, everyone knows this is a new player (if he has a row of hepta+ gems, in this case, we consider them as alts and may know many mechs). This is highly biased, but with higher AP, most of those high AP's will have enough Accuracy and Critics, even elemental damage, because you have no way to have an enormous high AP if you are on baleful. We do agree that there are a lot of inexperienced noob whales out there with 1.2k+ AP but knows nothing, well, their high dps will cause the dungeon to finish earlier and faster, hence less mechs need to be aware of.

In summary:

If you think it is not fair for them to kick you when you have a low AP (because you know mech and have high dps), Why don't you just create a new lobby and recruit players with the similar gears as you then do the dungeon together? If you considered yourself as having enough dps, then 6 of your gear should also be enough to pass the dungeon with no difficulties.

Idk why people keep harping on about elemental damage like it's above everything. When it gets compared to equal tier gear, the difference is negligible or non-existent. Take for example non raid gear. It has more than enough crit/crit dmg to make it even with whatever elemental damage bt/vt gear has. Heck, there are classes that will prefer the focus regen of the non raid gear over the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ poor stats of bt ring. Elemental damage only matters on gems because gems have garbage modifiers on them.

If you mean Skyshatter, yes its a worthy alternative, but BT still pulls ahead in dps. Not by a lot but still.

nFqyQGp.png

Elemental damage is being harped as the most efficent way to raise your dps... because it is. Its essentially a multiplier to ALL damage unlike critical damage which obviously only applies to crits.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mushin The Divine Fiste said:

Idk why people keep harping on about elemental damage like it's above everything. When it gets compared to equal tier gear, the difference is negligible or non-existent. Take for example non raid gear. It has more than enough crit/crit dmg to make it even with whatever elemental damage bt/vt gear has. Heck, there are classes that will prefer the focus regen of the non raid gear over the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ poor stats of bt ring. Elemental damage only matters on gems because gems have garbage modifiers on them.

Actually you are wrong. The elemental damage increases all your damage, not just Crit damage like the crit damage stat, and essentially raid upgraded accessories grant you buffs that even more enhance your damage. Basically your entire post is nonsense.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, RavTH said:

AP plays big role in PvE, with out if your stats aren't amplified.

its doesnt play a big role but it is semi important. Currently the stat alignment is: Crit > Elemental Damage > Accuracy/Crit Damage > AP.

On 16/07/2018 at 4:17 PM, HateMe said:

Actually you are wrong. The elemental damage increases all your damage, not just Crit damage like the crit damage stat, and essentially raid upgraded accessories grant you buffs that even more enhance your damage. Basically your entire post is nonsense.

its doesnt play a big role but it is semi important. Currently the stat alignment is: Crit > Elemental Damage > Accuracy/Crit Damage > AP.

Accucarcy is big part, since this bad level scaling in dungeons and raids, you CAN miss a CC.
in my opinion they should leave everything on level 50 up to Solak then stuff can go level 60..

I have an alt with raven6, 1060 AP. I get kicked from 1.1k partys sometimes, because people don't even care to look at all my gear, which is VT badge + full set VT soulshield. they'd rather take someone with full octa gems, who has no badges but 1.1k Sad but true.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

Accucarcy is big part, since this bad level scaling in dungeons and raids, you CAN miss a CC.
in my opinion they should leave everything on level 50 up to Solak then stuff can go level 60..

CC missing is a different issue. Accuracy isnt as important since you only need 120%. Which is more than enough for everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen lisen lisan...People look at AP as a gearscore. It isn't...but thats how people see it.  Ap is not so much about how competent you are, its about how much dmg can you put out before sheit hits the fan Nobody really knows mechanics that well, it's just from experience with older dungeons, you can wing a lot of this sheit with high dps. So next time you get kicked out of an St run, dont think, "Oh, so they think im not skilled enough for this?" Think, "Oh, i do sheit dps."

• 1 month later...

This whole AP ordeal started all the way back when first Trove appeared. Back then before trove even existed in order to have high AP you needed to grind . . . grind A lot. Only way to get gem back then were events. Sacred oil for a long time didn't even appear in events. The current issue is how strong Trove has become. This current Summer Trove had everything a person needed to go from brand new character to level 55 HM 14 with Aransu 9 weapon, max gilded, Stage 10 BT/VT accessories, max VT soulshields, True Cosmic Soul, Pretty high up Heart,etc.

It has gotten so bad that I saw people with 1200+ Ap and not even knowing their rotation. It is not normal a Full VT geared Blade Master cannot even keep aggro (Yes he had Thread specs + the 100% thread) vs a Warlock. 

Since we cannot look at peoples knowledge or capabilities all we do is ask ridiculous amount of AP so we can rule out most of those Trove Warriors and if we happen to get one we can hope that this boosted monkey will do good dps (still ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in comparison of what he is supposed to do)

If you want to limit the AP requirements then let people link achievements. Sounds stupid but all achievements have a time stamp + we can see how many clears you got. If you have like 34 clear and the timestamp of your first clear is withing the first 2 weeks of the new dungeon release. I can fairly assume you know mechs (still not foolproof tho). But if your first clear is like yesterday and I see you with gilded gems and no other char then yeah I will kick your Trove ass out.

If you want to blame something then blame the OP P2W boost. People are now TT ready (which is endgame raid!!!!!) without even clearing a BT or VT in their life. 

Archived