Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Path

renchesz

Im kinda annoyed when I watched the stream earlier.  The storm dragon weapon is designed for people doesn't have raid and and alternative path to reaching aransu 6.  Before blood pearls is not a problem cause no one needs it.   But now all people needs it for the new soul upgrade. 

I farmed DD and RT for it.

https://gyazo.com/83e1b11bd762c0f5ec85a2477cc38110

Now i think we need alternatives to get it like void fragments in celestial basin.  Make it available for crafting. Dont make it limited to DD, RT and the new incoming raid and dungeon.  

I came to the forum for this reason. +1

Storm Dragon/Exalted is, in most cases, a second choice for every class. Aside from Earth destroyers I believe nobody would take this path unless he cannot afford/don't want to join a raid. Many ppl decide to buy drops from raids, something I'm not inclined to do...I prefer to get what I can with my efforts.

As BM, upgraded from Raven9 to Storm Dragon because I knew I wasn't gonna join a raid. The ugly surprise was that this is a downgrade for a tank. Tests I made shown that the dps increase in the long run is barely noticeable BUT on the other hand, the initial punch is ridiculously low, giving an hard time building aggro when engaging a boss. I believe it sucks but, whatever, I'll sacrifice 10hm points in threat.

So, I accepted that it will take more time to upgrade my weapon than by taking the Aransu path, I accepted that (material wise) it's not even cheaper despite being less effective, I accepted that you can get little extra materials for Aransu and not Stormdragon with events/side raids (Aransu orb, Hive Queen Hearts: exception was the trove...yeah 30G for 1 blood pearl, a rate 5 times worse than Hive Queen Hearts and harder to find in list), I sacrificed even more by reducing my AP/HP/def just to keep up with the threat...

Now everyone will need blood pearls, making it for us impossibly hard to upgrade our weapon...why?

- you refuse to rollback the weapon: as I said I accepted the consequences of my upgrade from raven to stormdragon BUT since you cannot know how you dps is gonna be, I cannot feel responsible for that choice: I simply had no way to know this would be such a bummer before making the upgrade.

- devs forget to keep one thing in account: the 'community behaviour'. Of course this is not the staff fault, on the other hand I believe it's your duty to be aware of that. Devs should realize that outside your little circle of friends, the community is hostile. In the matter, I've met tons of players Aransu equipped overbidding Sea Glass and Blood Pearls way before they knew they would need them, just to squeeze a little extra gold from you (easy to prove: when I passed and, given the chance, they leave the game before the bid expires to avoid paying 10g :<) ...and let's not forget that some of them already get thousands of golds from the desperate ppl buying raid runs.

- I heard that blood pearls would be available with craft (and it wasn't even convenient), but you refused to introduce this.

We're left in competing for blood pearls against players that, for obvious reasons, have much more gold to spend. Not good enough? As I mentioned before, because of the vast majority of the community, it's hard to team up for the dungeons you-want-so-much-us-to-play-in, so one may decide to take a step back and finish his daily by completing and older dungeon: ta-da! Surprise: cold storage reward -> 75silver! Wow, finally next time I'll be able to bid on a blood pearl! :P

What I suggest is not to affect the progression you planned for players enjoying the raids (that I assume is also the larger pool of players the company is interested in, because of time and money spent in the game) but to not destroy the remaining players.  How?

- accept the rollback requests

- add other ways to get blood pearls: the craft, put it in event rewards, drop chances in dynamic chests, daily dash...you have hundred of possibilites and no reason to deny them

- give for each stage the chance to upgrade from Storm Dragon to Aransu (like from Riftwalk to Raven). You nerfed Vortex Temple right? You made a whole event to encourage the raids, right? Very well, I'd take the chance to get out of this black-hole-weapon-path...wait I can't...I need 78 blood pearls to make Storm Dragon 3->6.

1 hour ago, renchesz said:

im kinda bumping this 

I´m supporting this, since i also went the pve weapon path. Luckily I finished farming way before the announcement that blood pearl will be used for soul too, but everyone below stage 6 is now screwed over, because since the stream blood pearls go for 50g up to 190g+.
Also refrain from mindlessly bumping a thread, bc it can get a thread closed regardless if the topic is justified. I saw several threads being closed by moderators bc of this.

i think they are justifying this by stating that there will be more sources of blood pearl with the addition of the new 6-man DG and 12-man raid.. but the drop rate for blood pearl is horrible lately and every few people will be able to do the new raid on the first month..

i think the new soul path should require something that drops from the new raid and certain other ways but NOT from 6-man dungeons (like how the aransu orb is). this is impossible though.

the blood pearl is supposedly a weapon path for those do not have a VT/TT raid who are willing to grind/farm the newer dungeons. Making it the new soul requirement screwed everyone who went to storm dragon/exalted path since they now have to compete for the loot with people who are better geared and richer gold-wise.

they should also introduce in this update the ability to craft blood pearls using bound mats.

They did say there's no crafting recipe yet, so I'm expecting that to come in a much later update (maybe when we get the rest of Nightfall Sanctuary)

Aside from that I don't expect a steady way of getting Blood Pearls until we get the 2 supplementary raids for Nightfall (Snowjade 2.0 basically)

18 hours ago, Arcsine said:

They did say there's no crafting recipe yet, so I'm expecting that to come in a much later update (maybe when we get the rest of Nightfall Sanctuary)

Aside from that I don't expect a steady way of getting Blood Pearls until we get the 2 supplementary raids for Nightfall (Snowjade 2.0 basically)

True, but can you imagine? This means that AT LEAST until june 20 we cannot even think about upgrading the weapon. Assuming 100G (and it's gonna be more) for each blood pearl, going from stage 3 to 6 costs (only in pearls) 7800G...VT material goes for what? 4,5k? And then only aransu orbs/hive queen hearts for upgrading

On 6/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, leaches said:

i think they are justifying this by stating that there will be more sources of blood pearl with the addition of the new 6-man DG and 12-man raid.. but the drop rate for blood pearl is horrible lately and every few people will be able to do the new raid on the first month..

Also true...thing is...if you haven't stuff from VT you don't meet the requirement to even challenge the first boss in the new raid...it's a vicious circle ^^'

I've a good soul, both BT jewels, over 1200AP, and still sit around 210k dps on a training room dps test. Even by pumping all my resources on perfecting soul, etc I'm not getting enough dps anyway... (and let's not forget that we're talking about making the hardest raid to upgrade a non raid weapon :HongWhat:)

Funny thing is that Blood Pearls specifically say they are for Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Path. What were they thinking?
No craft is also a big fail. 
Now we not only have to worry about oils, which are expensive, also Blood Pearls that you cant win against whales.

This soul should have been introduced long ago without using Pearls, they should have used Aransu Orbs.

They released a NON raid weapon so that people doesnt have time for raid can progress, now everyone needs blood pearls and its kinda bs.  So now how can people progress a little bit fast if you need bloodpearls for the new soul upgrade, so annoying.

If I remember correctly from the stream, blood pearls has a chance to be found in the upcoming rng box. I assume they wanna make sure to milk as much as possible players with those, before giving any chance to get them for free elsewere. In my opinion they would gain more money if they didn't insult people intelligence...at least, this is how I feel...I believe that many decisions made are profit-oriented and that's fine...but why come and tell some fairy tale to justify those? 

Also, the sad cherry on top. A guy write about some issues  in spanish in the forum, instant staff intervention to point out that this is not a spanish language forum. Topics filled with feedbacks and ideas...radio silence. No idea if they even read, consider, care. I'll try to not hold cereal in my mouth next time I hear on some stream "thank you all for your feedbacks, keep sending them"  :cerealguymeme:

• NCSOFT

Greetings Laseen,

As pointed out in the Spanish post you mentioned, we do collect and forward feedback, which was the exact reason we asked the thread creator to use one of our supported languages.

We would like to take this opportunity to also remind everyone of our Code of Conduct, especially referring to forum moderation.

@PhoenixMitra - if the moderators would just explain to those posting in an unsupported or unknown language, that no one can understand the posting in order to help or answer them, or even know if the post is in the right forum (not to mention 'appropriate').  I'm guessing many native speakers of their own language think that more people are able to understand their native language than might be the case -- especially in forums listed as being for other languages.  Just my 2c.  Sometimes an ounce of understanding can forestall the need for a pound of moderation?  ;-)

A*a

Archived