is endgame challenging at all?

Dalapie

beeen playing tons of mmos where every1 says thats the end game is really hard, elder scrolls online community called theyre so called hard mode dungeons extremely harde but really wasnt anything

is there anything thats hard in this game or is it just a cake walk and a breexe :)? really curious, i like a challenge,  with trial and error

Yes there is hard mode on latest dungs. Normal modes are easier, requires less mechanics. As on hard mode you need to do full mech. If you fail you can get your pt wiped.Ofc if your pt is over geared  its posible to skip some mech. However in this game ppl are not wiling to do trial and error runs. And will ask only for experiance ppl who alrd know what to do and will not fail. So if you wana learn with trail and error beter searth for ppl who wana do same. After you know mech of dungs it becames easier. There is also a 24 man raid also which requires cordination of all ppl and dmg ofc.

As far as 24man Raids for endgame(Black Tower and Vortex Temple) yes it's challenging.

For 6man dungeons that are considered endgame right now(Irontech Forge, Naryu Sanctum, Naryu Foundry, Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel) it's a yes and no.

No, it's not challenging because on Normal mode they pretty much removed majority of mechanics so it's just brain dead DPSing and little error to fail the actual boss.

Yes, it's challenging because on Hard mode is where mechanics are needed unless you want an instant wipe at the last boss generally. But sadly since Hard mode yields little to no extra rewards compared to Normal mode, people will just do Normal mode over Hard mode 99% of the time.

14 hours ago, Dalapie said:

beeen playing tons of mmos where every1 says thats the end game is really hard, elder scrolls online community called theyre so called hard mode dungeons extremely harde but really wasnt anything

is there anything thats hard in this game or is it just a cake walk and a breexe :)? really curious, i like a challenge,  with trial and error

There is 0 context in your post, sounds like your just trolling!

1 hour ago, FlameWizard said:

There is 0 context in your post, sounds like your just trolling!

well, idk your Problem but i get his point^^

15 hours ago, Dalapie said:

both yes and no.

every dungeon can be a challenge depending on the Party you're in with.

Problem is with every dungeon lower then ebondrakecitadell:

By the time People are going in there (when you finished mainstory) they already got so many ap the dungeon is easy af.

You can skip mech and just dps (nearly) everything down.

The higher dungeons also yes and no.

if you like challenges ignore normal mode. they nerved nearly every mech out of normal mode. so again just dps.

Hard mode can be a challenge depending on your Party.

if you do These hardmode dungeons with an endgameparty (equip etc.) its no challenge at all.

tons of dps allows you to skip most mech in hard as well. yes you may fail if you're not doing mech right, but usually no Problem.

so if you like challenges:

1) go in either solo or with fewer people

2) go in with less ap (either you and your Party have low ap or you just put some Equipment off)

3) both

16 hours ago, OPECI said:

well, idk your Problem but i get his point^^

When someone complains that this game has no challenge and sais its a cake walk without actually saying what have they done or what they have tried  or their progress in BnS creates an impression that hey are just trolling.

For example: Someone starts a thread and sais that everyone is an idiot, without actually explaining the context or the reason behind their statement.

3 hours ago, FlameWizard said:

When someone complains that this game has no challenge and sais its a cake walk without actually saying what have they done or what they have tried  or their progress in BnS creates an impression that hey are just trolling.

For example: Someone starts a thread and sais that everyone is an idiot, without actually explaining the context or the reason behind their statement.

Seems like your comprehension skills are failing here.

The OP is asking if there's any challenges to this game in the form of never playing the game yet aka being new to the game. He's not complaining nor attempting to troll anyone. He makes a comparison saying people said Elder Scrolls had a challenging endgame but in reality it wasn't all too hard.

Read slower and try to understand next time rather than deeming a post as troll because you failed to understand.

Don't be fooled by all those people, there is no challenge at all...the only real challenge is to manage to fix your ping /outplay those potatoe servers, most of us failed and are gone...

Rest is all about doing the same boring dungeons everyday/weeks, and if your not able to do last content don't worry it's only because you didnt "pay2win" cause the company designed this game for "credit card warrior" by releasing 3years of Kr content in few months, you won't find an epic quest or The ultimate dragon no one can defeat...

As a totally new player with around a month of playtime the game is challe ging for me.

As i leveled i did all dungeons at level and had to learn mechanics and with 200 -350ish ping i had to predict when to use sheath in forward and some content was extremely hard and i had a terrible flaming experience from some veterans due to some mistakes i did.

At this point it is super challenging to collect money to progress wout giving in to my credit card.

Promised myself after skyforge that il never invest in a game for power purpose again but the whales keep flaming us non maxed soul players sometimes.

Gets frustrating but ive seen worse

On 30.7.2017 at 6:02 PM, Dalapie said:

As someone who played alot of MMOs myself, I feel you. In most games, the endgame content is just pure grinding without any interesting parts. You CAN do this here in BnS too (with normal mode dungeons), which still get your quests done, so you are not forced to do hard work (which is good aswell, some days, after long hours of work, you just don't want to stress around). But if you want it, you can do the hard mode dungeons, which are in fact not that easy. Of course it is mainly a learning process, so after you learned and practiced the mechanics, it's not hard aswell, but most mechanics in hard mode dungeons (or in 24m raids aswell) are unforgiving, causing party wipes (directly or indirectly because of the enrage timer) if you fail them.

Regarding that you can't have any more difficulty than high HP and mechanics to learn (I mean, no dungeon is hard after the 200th run), I'd say that BnS is one of the games with the hardest PvE content I played.

Sadly, the problem is often that random people are not able to learn mechanics, so you should look for a clan or friends to run with. Another problem for running with randoms as a new player is that they try to compensate the lack of mechanics with dps, and thus posing high requirements for their parties.

To the guy over me:

Who the hell flames people for not having a maxed soul? Lol. I guess you just bother random parties while not knowing mechs.

@ombre

I'll never understand why some people spent days or even weeks hating the game on the forum instead of just leaving. As long as we're talking about PvE content, there is no need to invest money. And you easily can get max gear (ignoring the soul when you want it higher than "true soul") without spending money. Hell, I even was inactive for nearly 3/4 year and from the mats & gold I have, I could have raven 6..

I dont join parties until im sure i watched a video, analyzed the dungeon and think i can contribute to its completition.

Its people with raven 9s that join desolate tomb where i am stuck in now as i need the weapon to further breaktrough my weapon and necklace, that flame me for having only 830ish ap.

I have literally been told 3 times so far in the month playtime that i am a noob for having only soul level 2 and been told several more times that i should upgrade my soul, and several times that my gems are garbage (keep in mind this is my first event where i can acually get a gem since i started the game) and other random negative comments where i felt frustrated toward some peoples actions toward new players.

People assume that as a new player i should have over 900 ap to be allowed to join desolate in xserver.

Happened several times already and as you said people ignore mechanics and just want you to bring ap, if i dont bring ap im useless.

Usually have more fun in the game with people around my ap range, if i was over 950 ap and joined desolate on normal, i personally would be silent and carry the people in it, not flame newbies and make them want to question this community.

Although i did meet some very nice and friendly people that enjoy giving advice and want to shoutout those inviduals that helped me learn the curves 

Before you say, join a clan, i already did and they are all great guys and i love running with them, but as im from eu playing on na server, i cannot always play with them. 
Before you ask why dont you play on eu, its personal experience from all the mmos i played so far that teached me that eu players are ok when you are under 20, when you are a bit older like me you want to play with more mature people.

2 hours ago, Leyren said:

@ombre

I'll never understand why some people spent days or even weeks hating the game on the forum instead of just leaving. As long as we're talking about PvE content, there is no need to invest money. And you easily can get max gear (ignoring the soul when you want it higher than "true soul") without spending money. Hell, I even was inactive for nearly 3/4 year and from the mats & gold I have, I could have raven 6..

What so hard to understand? i talk about potatoe servers &  bad decisions, things that have Nothing to do with the game but concern the company and  your coming with " why you hate the game" !!!??? just leave!!!??

This is because of those kind of behavior that Nothing will change, it's obvious that there is a problem in pve just looking by the fact that a lot of people cant do Black Tower yet or the 6v6 clowns fiesta, and when i see the few tryhard "F2p" people left i know that reached 950ap logged in days & nights i have doubt about your statement" you can easily max gear"

16 hours ago, ombremq said:

What so hard to understand? i talk about potatoe servers &  bad decisions, things that have Nothing to do with the game but concern the company and  your coming with " why you hate the game" !!!??? just leave!!!??

This is because of those kind of behavior that Nothing will change, it's obvious that there is a problem in pve just looking by the fact that a lot of people cant do Black Tower yet or the 6v6 clowns fiesta, and when i see the few tryhard "F2p" people left i know that reached 950ap logged in days & nights i have doubt about your statement" you can easily max gear"

No, what you did was saying that the complete game is a huge pile of boringness where you have nothing interesting to do, which already implies that you have absolutely no motivation in doing anything in this game anymore. Okay, the servers aren't best, but it is not like it's unplayable, and certainly your "most of us failed and left" is just utter bullshit, to be fair, I know nobody who left because of the ping. For BT, there is a nerf in 2 weeks aswell as the 12m version coming soon after (or perhaps on the 16th aswell), making it possible for most. And this is not a gear thing. Remember, BT is where you get Raven from, it is designed that it can be done without raven gear. When you can't get 24 man organized or can't learn the mechs, that isn't the fault of the game. 6v6 isn't even PvE, I'm going to ignore that since I only talked about PvE.

Criticism is fine, it's needed, but the point is, destructive criticism like "everything is shit, everybody left, nobody plays this, bla bla bla" is just not true and not helpful for nobody. So yes, if you only come to the forums to cry about the game, I'd suggest you to leave, since this won't move any developer to change shit, and you're wasting your own time.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:48 PM, Zuzu said:

As far as 24man Raids for endgame(Black Tower and Vortex Temple) yes it's challenging.

For 6man dungeons that are considered endgame right now(Irontech Forge, Naryu Sanctum, Naryu Foundry, Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel) it's a yes and no.

No, it's not challenging because on Normal mode they pretty much removed majority of mechanics so it's just brain dead DPSing and little error to fail the actual boss.

Yes, it's challenging because on Hard mode is where mechanics are needed unless you want an instant wipe at the last boss generally. But sadly since Hard mode yields little to no extra rewards compared to Normal mode, people will just do Normal mode over Hard mode 99% of the time.

whats vortex temple ?? i never saw or heard about a raid like this

and where can i find it?

1 hour ago, Tekoek0911 said:

whats vortex temple ?? i never saw or heard about a raid like this

and where can i find it?

24man raid that we're getting in mid August. It'll be in Guwon City region.

On 1.8.2017 at 10:01 AM, ombremq said:

Don't be fooled by all those people, there is no challenge at all...the only real challenge is to manage to fix your ping /outplay those potatoe servers, most of us failed and are gone...

Rest is all about doing the same boring dungeons everyday/weeks, and if your not able to do last content don't worry it's only because you didnt "pay2win" cause the company designed this game for "credit card warrior" by releasing 3years of Kr content in few months, you won't find an epic quest or The ultimate dragon no one can defeat...

You're correct, there's no overly complex or mechnically difficult content, especially if you read guides. But you're also wrong. All content in this game is doable almost straight out of story; the DPS reqs are a joke. If you can't complete some content it means you're not good enough.

I feel like it depends on your experience with MMOS. In some ways it would be nice if we had curse apps for the bosses for people who find it more difficult to grasp what to do, because really the most complicated part is relying on others knowing what to do and syncing it up than what you actually have to do in the boss fight. If that makes sense.

14 hours ago, Leyren said:

No, what you did was saying that the complete game is a huge pile of boringness where you have nothing interesting to do, which already implies that you have absolutely no motivation in doing anything in this game anymore. Okay, the servers aren't best, but it is not like it's unplayable, and certainly your "most of us failed and left" is just utter bullshit, to be fair, I know nobody who left because of the ping. For BT, there is a nerf in 2 weeks aswell as the 12m version coming soon after (or perhaps on the 16th aswell), making it possible for most. And this is not a gear thing. Remember, BT is where you get Raven from, it is designed that it can be done without raven gear. When you can't get 24 man organized or can't learn the mechs, that isn't the fault of the game. 6v6 isn't even PvE, I'm going to ignore that since I only talked about PvE.

Criticism is fine, it's needed, but the point is, destructive criticism like "everything is shit, everybody left, nobody plays this, bla bla bla" is just not true and not helpful for nobody. So yes, if you only come to the forums to cry about the game, I'd suggest you to leave, since this won't move any developer to change shit, and you're wasting your own time.

Are you seriously trying to convince us that nobody left because of servers? servers are not that unplayable and pve who is more close to a 2nd job than relaxing, is what? enjoyable?

BT nerf so what? every plebs will be able to do it? no, most of them? no, is new dungeon/content will concern whales & full time b&s job people and will they be able to complete new dungeon cause game is not difficult? yes, why only them? because of agressive patch like previously said, the number of players we lost prove everything, and unfortunately they didnt took the time to try to give us some constructive feedback like "don't cry, game is ok, ping is ok too, don't waste your time....or even more contructive critisism like :

"When you can't get 24 man , organized or can't learn the mechs, that isn't the fault of the game !!!???" allo?  can't you see the game is not optimized for 24man?

I just have a question for you, why exactly people leaving this game ? why we lost soo many players? because it seems for you servers and pve content is not the main reason, and to be honest i am waiting an answer like" i dunno what your talking about, my friendlist full of active people, nobody complain"

I don't try to convince you that nobody left. It is just stupid when people talk about a playerbase as "us", like they know everybody and their opinion about a topic. Certainly not "most" (I even underlined that, but it obviously wasn't clear enough for you) left the game. And I know people who left the game, but none of them did because of the ping, that's what I said in the previous post.

Of course not everyone can run BT, you have to have at least 800 ap, so, oh shocking truth, the game wants you to do something besides story quest, buddy, this is a korea grinder. But seriously, everybody comes to a decent 800-900 AP in a pretty short time. Boss 1-3 will be so easy that everybody in this gear range should be able to run it easily (I mean, you don't need BT gear to run BT now, obviously). Only 4 adds with 2 cc bars on boss 1, no running or death debuff in boss 3.. the only harder thing would still be boss 4.

Why does BnS lose players? Some people are frustrated, some people don't like the way it is developing, some people simply leave because they don't like it. Nearly every game apart from constantly hyped things like LoL is in a constant decline of their playerbase. And I can't say that it is much faster here than on other games. BnS was hyped in the gaming community at the beginning, they opened alot of servers to handle it, especially with separate login queues. It is obvious that there won't be no need for that anymore 1.5 years later.

Nevertheless, we're slightly drifting off the topic.

• 7 months later...
On 7/30/2017 at 7:48 PM, Zuzu said:

i know its old post but whatever , you said "No, it's not challenging because on Normal mode they pretty much removed majority of mechanics so it's just brain dead DPSing and little error to fail the actual boss."

i disagree if normal players start know the mechanic and start grind it , when new players come to the game they will keep asking them if they knew the mechanic let alone alot of players ask for high requirement that is not nessesary for this dungeon

Archived