This game becomes impossible to play past level 47

SirGriefALot

To advance the story I have to beat the Talus Dungeon, but I can't clear it by myself. I can sit in a lobby for an hour and nobody will ever come in. How could any game designer think it was a good idea to force people to stop playing the game because they can't advance the story. If people didn't happen to get to this dungeon at the same time as enough other people during the initial release, you're just screwed. What are you supposed to do???

don't go to any bosses that need more than one person to beat for the story quests.

What are you talking about? In the Talus Dungeon you walk into a room with one enemy called the Steel Giant that you have to beat to advance the story. If you can't beat him by yourself, and you can't get anybody to join that dungeon party then that's the end of Blade and Soul.

34 minutes ago, SirGriefALot said:

What are you talking about? In the Talus Dungeon you walk into a room with one enemy called the Steel Giant that you have to beat to advance the story. If you can't beat him by yourself, and you can't get anybody to join that dungeon party then that's the end of Blade and Soul.

Steel Giant has reduced HP/stats compared to the actual party version. If you are not able to kill him even with how easy he is then you most likely have not:

- Learned enough about your class to do damage

- Put any skill points into your skills

-  Just trolling

It's one of the three above but I'm going to guess it's the 1st one; you not learning enough about your class so it's pretty much getting you killed.

Are you entering through the physical portal or through F8? The only thing you kill in Talus Dungeon as part of the story is the last boss who has reduced stats fitting for a solo player. The other time you enter there, you have npcs that fight for you who is weakened by the mark of the black rose.

Unless this is just a poor attempt at trolling, you're doing the story dungeon segments wrong.

Just gonna put this out there ~

There's more to the game than the story .-.

Can't say i've faced any major difficulty on main quest bosses with my characters but if anything's giving you trouble you can always take some time to train/lvl up/gear up some more and face it again when you're stronger.

Like, the entire premise of the lvl 45 cap was that we were supposed to take time to train so we can fight our way up the tower and pass Mushin's training ~

Anyways, the game doesn't stop if you can't beat a particular foe at some point in time.

Strive for self-improvement cricket.

which class do you play? do you know about evading and block attacks? you wont get hit from a mob if you know how and when do you need to evade.

btw if youve done all blue (side) quests you shouldnt have any problem with all story relevant quests in silverfrost.

18 minutes ago, SirGriefALot said:

Well the boss is 2 levels above me I think so I take a lot of damage. I guess I could do dailies for a month to level up or something.

"Taking a lot of damage"

His attacks are fairly slow and give you more than enough time to move even if you're a Melee class.

What class are you playing anyways?

which class do you play? ... if youve done all blue (side) quests you shouldnt have any problem with all story relevant quests in silverfrost.

Blade dancer. But I took a bit of a break from this game so I think I'm probably underleveled AND rusty.

6 minutes ago, SirGriefALot said:

Blade dancer. But I took a bit of a break from this game so I think I'm probably underleveled AND rusty.

As a Blade Dancer you can use Q/E to dodge his attacks or Tab + F(Maelstrom) if you Q/E are on CD. You should really be able to kill him easily before he can do any of his big attacks. Being lv47 is pretty normal for that part of the quest anyways.

https://bnstree.com/tree/BD?b=HyL17Uysl

Follow this build and read over the skills after you actually points into them so you can learn and gain an understanding.

You need to get the guns in the racks by the entrance where you came from to take down his shield, you should be able to see them. They will have the little blue icons above them.  I just did this part the other day. I wasn't getting through it, so i went back to the beginning of the dungeon to start it over and the ques popped up on the screen to use the guns.

50 minutes ago, Morganrath said:

You need to get the guns in the racks by the entrance where you came from to take down his shield, you should be able to see them. They will have the little blue icons above them.  I just did this part the other day. I wasn't getting through it, so i went back to the beginning of the dungeon to start it over and the ques popped up on the screen to use the guns.

Don't think they are up to that point yet.. there is a quest line prior where you go into the dungeon to get the ledger from the steel giant. 

Put 3 points into guardian tempest, it acts as a shield just as malestorm does. The biggest issue is his grab, that does a fair bit of damage if you don't have a good Soul Shield. 

impossible past 47? Hardly, my GF is no gaming expert but she's got a lvl 50HM6 Soul fighter and a lvl 48 Warlock, the story missions are solo only, so i can never help her out, we do team up for anything else though. But she manages the boss fights, it might take a couple of attempts, but she always gets there.

9 hours ago, Fufia said:

Talus story is this i think is not hard for you solo.

Oh my god the giant fight is so wrong in so many ways it gives me a headache. It looks like that guy just randomly smashing his lmb rmb and keyboard

Sometimes the dungeons you have to beat in order to progress with the story are bugged. As already mentioned, story-related dungeons should have a solo-version that shouldn't be difficult to beat. But sometimes the game won't recognise that you are doing the main story and will end up giving you the real dungeon. Even if you're just fighting a boss, it will have the same hp/damage etc that it is supposed to. This might be the case here. Just exit the dungeon a time or two and you should be given the solo-version.

Archived