So what is the reasoning in putting server transfer behind a paywall ?

MoonHowl

Wait, what the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤? Not only that they didn't make it FREE, they even put it NC only? Do they not realize that most of higher geared people will just switch to Group 1, and everyone who can't afford 2k NC will get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed over on a dying server?

I'm on Group 1, I won't have that problem, but seriously, what the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤?

What are groups? Like in one server? I see that in some NA servers. But I thought the server transfer was from NA to EU? And how do ppl come to find they want to transfer in the first place if it's within a region? Why would one group become better than another if you already have a list of guilds per server? 

5 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

What are groups? Like in one server? I see that in some NA servers. But I thought the server transfer was from NA to EU? And how do ppl come to find they want to transfer in the first place if it's within a region? Why would one group become better than another if you already have a list of guilds per 

Players will want to join the most popular server, why? Because they want to find pts for the raids,one being msp and the new ones coming.

Everyone knows Windrest is the most populated I have no problem finding pts for msp xD I do it 3 or 4 times a day.I'm curious to see with how terrible the servers are sometimes how they will handle more people xD.

43 minutes ago, MoonHowl said:

All features were available with HMCoins so far. Will the ncoin exclusive status be changed ? Or do we f2P players need to prepare ourselves to open up the wallet or quit in the future ?

I have played 3 -4 online games

And server transfer has always been paid with real money.

2 hours ago, MoonHowl said:

All features were available with HMCoins so far. Will the ncoin exclusive status be changed ? Or do we f2P players need to prepare ourselves to open up the wallet or quit in the future ?

Every game i played that had "server transfer" used to be a paid service(real money).

Also it's very cheap, everyone can afford 25$, if you can't spend 25$ on a server transfer it's your problem, none is forcing you to do so.

You're playing the game for free already.

As far as i remember playing other mmo's especially ncsoft mmo's server transfer was always behind a paywall without the ability of using in game currency exchange.

Think of it as a premium service.

The only ever time any mmo offered free server transfers were generally for b2p mmo's and within first month or so.

Transfer service being behind a paywall should not be a surprise.

9 minutes ago, FlameWizard said:

As far as i remember playing other mmo's especially ncsoft mmo's server transfer was always behind a paywall without the ability of using in game currency exchange.

Think of it as a premium service.

The only ever time any mmo offered free server transfers were generally for b2p mmo's and within first month or so.

Transfer service being behind a paywall should not be a surprise.

U're right, i've seen they offer server transfer when the game is buy2play and there is a brand new server at ur region, like Smite.

6 hours ago, MasterYoda said:

Players will want to join the most popular server, why? Because they want to find pts for the raids,one being msp and the new ones coming.

Everyone knows Windrest is the most populated I have no problem finding pts for msp xD I do it 3 or 4 times a day.I'm curious to see with how terrible the servers are sometimes how they will handle more people xD.

I have played 3 -4 online games

And server transfer has always been paid with real money.

Oh so like, if you were on like poharan you may transfer to mushin? The groups in the same server still confuse me tho

11 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Oh so like, if you were on like poharan you may transfer to mushin? The groups in the same server still confuse me tho

No, you can only transfer to a server that is not on the same group so if you are on Poharan and want to join to Mushin it's not possible as they are on the same server group already (I did not verify if they are but i will believe you that they are).

Also reason why the server transfer makes sense to me to be behind a pay wall is exactly the reason why everyone would want to use it: to join most populated server. People would over populate one server while the rest would be dying causing even more unstable servers and more complaints.

11 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

No, you can only transfer to a server that is not on the same group so if you are on Poharan and want to join to Mushin it's not possible as they are on the same server group already (I did not verify if they are but i will believe you that they are).

Also reason why the server transfer makes sense to me to be behind a pay wall is exactly the reason why everyone would want to use it: to join most populated server. People would over populate one server while the rest would be dying causing even more unstable servers and more complaints.

Linked servers, server group etc,.... Think of it as server merge.

One physical space/server where all of your data stored, but just has 3 different lables.

In more simple terms, you take usb key, put 3 lables on it and call it group x. In the end it is still the same usb key.

6 minutes ago, FlameWizard said:

Linked servers, server group etc,.... Think of it as server merge.

One physical space/server where all of your data stored, but just has 3 different lables.

In more simple terms, you take usb key, put 3 lables on it and call it group x. In the end it is still the same usb key.

Well that was more confusing imo or maybe it's just because I cannot sleep that I have hard time comprehending what you just said but I think it was better for the other guy since I assumed you just made example of what I explained.

42 minutes ago, XaLonDepLao said:

Why spending on server transfer when the new one would be eventually merged with your old one anyway...

Do you think NC will keep some old dead servers running? nah, Merge is coming.

Wise!

Well every game that i have played mmo had server transfer with real money if u want to move somewhere u pay or u stay where u are, look even lol has it and u have to pay for it even tho u have other currency too, its been like this for ever name a game where u could transfer for free on some ingame money. 

1 hour ago, XaLonDepLao said:

Why spending on server transfer when the new one would be eventually merged with your old one anyway...

Do you think NC will keep some old dead servers running? nah, Merge is coming.

well the thing is when the server merges will be it can be from now on in 3 months or in 3 years we dont know that so i wouldnt relay on that 

I dont see why you all so hyped about the "server transfers"? In fact those arent even transfers its a waste of money. Why? Cause you can only transfer between the servers in your own linked group = you will still be playing with the same ppl all day on the same server group.  To me these are completely useless transfers xD

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I dont see why you all so hyped about the "server transfers"? In fact those arent even transfers its a waste of money. Why? Cause you can only transfer between the servers in your own linked group = you will still be playing with the same ppl all day on the same server group.  To me these are completely useless transfers xD

The Character Transfer service is now available! You can now move your existing characters to another server in your region
Transfers will only be available to another server not already in your linked server group.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/character-transfers-available/

it is a server transfer region intern and wont work within the same group.

Archived