Trying to pick a class (Ping Issues)

Kanwu

Using programs to help lower ping but usually have around 150~ ms but it can spike sometimes to 200 and even 270. Trying to decide what class to play using that knowledge, I also dont really intend to PvP except maybe in Open World like Soulstone Plains. I really like Soul Fighter but i doesnt really seem viable as with more lag the combos become near impossible to perform. I dont really like Destroyer cuz of how brain dead it feels , I dont really like pets either or lyn for that matter so no summoners. So i guess the real question is FM or WL? how difficult is it to get a group + HM skills etc?

For what it's worth, I play WL with an average of 200ms ping and do all right. 

My DPS isn't quite as high as it could/should be, but I can usually still keep up with my party just fine. For what it's worth, dragon helix/ dark build is hurt more by ping than dragoncall/ice build it seems. Once we get a couple more of the later shields and badges it should make the ice build a lot more improved than what it currently is as well. 

i would say that fm doesnt suffer by high ping much (talking about up to 200) warlock does way more

also i dont think dark build suffers by high ping more than ice, unless you miss skills (as i do now, after ddos, my ping is still average 330)

ani cancel is way less ping dependant than single skill spam, i dont know why but praetor describes it in his cool citadel guide

22 hours ago, Kanwu said:

Using programs to help lower ping but usually have around 150~ ms but it can spike sometimes to 200 and even 270. Trying to decide what class to play using that knowledge, I also dont really intend to PvP except maybe in Open World like Soulstone Plains. I really like Soul Fighter but i doesnt really seem viable as with more lag the combos become near impossible to perform. I dont really like Destroyer cuz of how brain dead it feels , I dont really like pets either or lyn for that matter so no summoners. So i guess the real question is FM or WL? how difficult is it to get a group + HM skills etc?

I have the same ping, 150-280 and FM is bad for me.

18 minutes ago, RuneKey said:

wl is more player friendly and less hassle then fm imo plus ppl love sb :)

O.o

FM's dont have a intricate combo like WL's do..

Its just spaming LMB+RMB while spaming that F key, and once in a while spaming your zxcv.  

There is no worry about 4-v-2-f-4-v- and oh shoot i moved.. need to do 4 all over again... that the WL has.  

The easiest class to play in lag tho is the summoner... Even tho you hate lyns, a well setup summoner is basically immortal due to that amount of sheer healing it has... 

Bloosom + rose field + hoozah + true friend + more.. infact almost every attack on the summoner has a healing aspect to it.  

6 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

O.o

Its just spaming LMB while spaming that F key, and once in a while spaming your zxcv.  

There is no worry about 4-v-2-f-4-v- and oh shoot i moved.. need to do 4 all over again... that the WL has.  

The easiest class to play in lag tho is the summoner... 

well i do main summoner :P

and have hm 6 fm and wl...practically now wl is also rmb spam with soulburn x'D but yeah adapting to wl gameplay is easier vs fm. sm is easier vs those 2.i agree

I have a friend with high ping who switched from Assassin to Force Master and he was amazed on how much more effective he was. Apparently FMs are a very good class to try if you have high ping. (Notwithstanding that NO class is really good with high ping :P )

1 hour ago, Naekuh said:

Its just spaming LMB+RMB while spaming that F key, and once in a while spaming your zxcv.  

That is 100% false, they have at least one huge combo that includes levitating opponent in air, ice storm, and multiple continuous stuns.

I see all these threads about ping issues and what not, but I never saw what mine is. 

How do I check mine through in game means, or check as it relates to the game?

Does it matter what server I'm on (Iksanun)? Also I live on the East Coast NA.

Thanks.

The issue with ping is not the type of combos, but is the speed of the combo. WL don't need to press keys fast to do max dps, along with soulburn even if your dps lags behind it is not a serious issue because you provide support.

FM with ping is just pathetic because you just do not have the speed to dps. And besides dps what can you expect from FM? Nowadays people actually scream at you for trying to provide party support lol, everybody must do their own iframes :S

10 hours ago, Gorango said:

I see all these threads about ping issues and what not, but I never saw what mine is. 

How do I check mine through in game means, or check as it relates to the game?

Does it matter what server I'm on (Iksanun)? Also I live on the East Coast NA.

Thanks.

In options. I think it's in the interface tab of settings. You have to check the "Always show FPS" setting and it'll stick your fps bar somewhere above your health bar. When the ping is below 100 or stays consistant, it usually doesn't show your ping. But when there's spikes, it'll show it to the right of your fps bar. Mine spiked to 2700 today in cross server dungeons but didn't disconnect me... everywhere else it's been 150-300 all day which is considerably higher than normal (normally 50-100), luckily everyone else was complaining about the lag too, so I knew it wasn't the new router/modem I got yesterday. -_-

Archived