THIS is how you protest P2W

Randomonium

A certain other MMO themed around a particular colored arid environment recently made it's first baby steps towards P2W and the players ofc lost their shit.  Creating protest banners and marching in the street.  

http://kotaku.com/pay-to-win-protests-hit-the-streets-of-black-desert-o-1784949509

The issue revolves around exclusive cash shop items being sellable at auction laying the bedrock for the P2W player to jump ahead of folks not willing to make such investments.  We here of course would laugh at this as our game went full force P2W months ago and we didn't get to do one march through the streets in protest.  This gives me a sad.

51 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

So what exclusive cash shop items being sell-able at auction in BnS again?

This ...

There is absolutely nothing in F10 that will get you anywhere but look good and a couple of pretty expensive mats that are rotated and sold in a bundle of 10 (you need hundreds of them).

38 minutes ago, AlexHuaTian said:

Black Desert was b2p though. So its pretty low of them to make people buy the game and then add f2p elements.

hmm lets see... guild wars 2 was b2p and buy to expansion and yet they still have a direct cash to gold currency exchange in the game..

what else... tera.. was b2p and eventually went f2p. I'm sure there are others but those are the only 2 that I have played.

It's not very surprising and anyone who really thinks that they weren't going to do it eventually or that it's going to break the game is kinda stupid imho.

BnS has RNG boxes with gems (like jiwans tear) that you can't get anywhere else :/ They have cash shop RNG box that gives you soulstone moonstone and stingers. Upgrading your gear in BnS isn't rng, it's 100% success. The most exspensive RNG is the premium silverfrost trans stone, and a P2W could buy gold and just buy those out. and boom. legendary.

At least BDO still has RNG on its side to prevent to much "p2w". So all the doomdays QQer's really need to calm down. 

Edit: Bdo will also probably go F2P at some point and then ppl will qq about that. You can't satisfy everyone no matter what you try to do. But devs gotta eat. I for one- will be happy to get another pet from the marketplace. hurhurhur

Lol... that Picture.... Hahaha... so even Pay to play and buy to play ... are also turning same time p2w on top of it now?... lols.... MMO´s are really pure cash grap.. xD

The Question is at the end of the Day... when they Game close... what will be left?

For me it will be fun... the experince.. for u... an empty wallet... i asume.. and alot anger... God let there be brain.. Game devs deserv get paid for there Game i agree...

U have no idea how much time and ideas it cost to create a good game... but the way MMO´s going.. is just so bad and unmoral...

U pay for a Game that saves your data( your game time life time) on a server that u dont own... ( they can basicly anytime turn of the game and let u be empty handed)

And  all your time and money will be lost... sometimes ppl forget about this... .... and on top of that... u lose all money even if payed 100000000 $ lol u lose all time and money in the end...

9 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Lol... that Picture.... Hahaha... so even Pay to play and buy to play ... are also turning same time p2w on top of it now?... lols.... MMO´s are really pure cash grap.. xD

The Question is at the end of the Day... when they Game close... what will be left?

For me it will be fun... the experince.. for u... an empty wallet... i asume.. and alot anger... God let there be brain.. Game devs deserv get paid for there Game i agree...

U have no idea how much time and ideas it cost to create a good game... but the way MMO´s going.. is just so bad and unmoral...

U pay for a Game that saves your data( your game time life time) on a server that u dont own... ( they can basicly anytime turn of the game and let u be empty handed)

And  all your time and money will be lost... sometimes ppl forget about this... .... and on top of that... u lose all money even if payed 100000000 $ lol u lose all time and money in the end...

What do you care what people do with there disposable income?

Why should it concern  you in the slightest what other people do

If they shut down oh well it was for entertainment no big deal it's just like going to the movies I leave with nothing 

as far my empty wallet if I couldn't afford to spend it I wouldn't lol games are alot cheaper them my real hobby 

lol haven't you ppl realize the trend that if a game is designed (enchantment,upgrades, gear dependent, no cap on item stats and etc..) to be a p2w game, it doesnt matter how the Devs/Producers say it isnt p2w, the game is bound to eventually become p2w. Yes you can protest, but things won't change, because I'm pretty sure that the amount of protesters are the minority here. I'm certain the company's thought on the p2w protest is: Leave if you want, the company can live with out the tiny amount of unhappy players, since we have a storm load of wallet warriors to wipe our thingymajigi.....greed is a terrible and powerful sin in the hearts of humans.

GW1 isnt p2W, GW2 isnt p2w(as far as i know before i quit gw2), thats because they have a cap on the equipment stats. The only thing ppl are buying from GW2 are skins.....which isnt p2w, its p2look good :)

28 minutes ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

lol haven't you ppl realize the trend that if a game is designed (enchantment,upgrades, gear dependent, no cap on item stats and etc..) to be a p2w game, it doesnt matter how the Devs/Producers say it isnt p2w, the game is bound to eventually become p2w. Yes you can protest, but things won't change, because I'm pretty sure that the amount of protesters are the minority here. I'm certain the company's thought on the p2w protest is: Leave if you want, the company can live with out the tiny amount of unhappy players, since we have a storm load of wallet warriors to wipe our thingymajigi.....greed is a terrible and powerful sin in the hearts of humans.

GW1 isnt p2W, GW2 isnt p2w(as far as i know before i quit gw2), thats because they have a cap on the equipment stats. The only thing ppl are buying from GW2 are skins.....which isnt p2w, its p2look good :)

i agree! a lot of people bring up gw2 cash shop to the subject but they fail to mention Gw2 cap on stats and even if you purchase a legendary weapon, they dont make you OP compared to a legendary weapon in BnS. There is no comparison. GW2 legendaries are beautiful! except that clown pistol LOL!

I'm not really sure you can call this p2w. The only things sell-able from the pearl shop in BDO are costumes and a sort of premium sub, which is pretty much what all the people here who have been complaining about p2w have said NCSoft should be doing. Plus they are limited to 5 sales per week per account.

13 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

I'm not really sure you can call this p2w. The only things sell-able from the pearl shop in BDO are costumes and a sort of premium sub, which is pretty much what all the people here who have been complaining about p2w have said NCSoft should be doing. Plus they are limited to 5 sales per week per account.

Its not what they sold until now, its what they started selling now. They added op stats and items to the premium subscription which is by the way around $80 if I saw right? They also added you 30% more marketplace items thingamajig, where you can sell a lot more stuff then normal people thus you can gain gold a lot faster and ... well advance A LOT faster.

16 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Its not what they sold until now, its what they started selling now. They added op stats and items to the premium subscription which is by the way around $80 if I saw right? They also added you 30% more marketplace items thingamajig, where you can sell a lot more stuff then normal people thus you can gain gold a lot faster and ... well advance A LOT faster.

Wish they would add that to our premium I'd do a yearly sub right meow 

37 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I think you read it wrong. There are no OP stats in it and that 30% thing is a 30% reduction in the market tax not the ability to sell 30% more stuff. In addition to that the other items are remote node investment,  bag slots increase, weight limit increase, unlimited beauty shop access, 10% exp increase and a fully unlocked dye pallete. Hardly game breaking stuff.

• Liinxy locked this topic
  • NCSOFT

Greetings,

While the discussion of pay to win is allowed on the forum, the behavior within another game to cause unrest on the Blade & Soul forums is not. This thread will now be closed. Please use the search function if you would like to continue the appropriate discussion.

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul

Archived