Let's Recap

CrimsonKitsune

Well I decided to take a 8 day vacation from the forums and to my surprise when I returned, Almost every post I saw was negative and basically saying what I have been saying for a while which is the game is dying, and new people leaving. It got so bad that one day the whole first page of the forum had nothing but people voicing their displeasure about the game. So I thought up 3 questions and I want to get responses (Please respect everyone's opinion) now onto the questions.

1. What reasons are the game dying for? (if you don't believe the game is dying tell me why)
2. With the lack of new people joining and bad mouthing the game what can we do to change their minds or what can NCsoft do?
3. Is the game weapon upgrades to hard to obtain for a casual player Yes/No? Let me know

With all the hubub and whatever little people are on server doing event its good time to ask questions.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/ It's not uncommon to see a MMO forum filled with negative threads in the first page.

Unhappy players complain in the place they find most relevant, a.k.a the forum. They look like, and sometimes act like, depending on individuals, as if they're the representative of the whole community themselves. However, in reality, they are just vocal minority of a game. Using them as a basis to determine a game dying or not is not that accurate.

Happy and I-don't-really-care players spend time playing the game instead of thinking of an essay-length post on forum. And from what I see, unless you cannot recruit anyone to run popular dungeons (Mast and Gloom, at the present) for like 30 minutes, then you can safely say that the game is dying.

2/ If we want more players playing with us, we should stop doing the overgeared requirement. Don't try to make 600AP group for a six-man dungeon, when you can just run it with 450AP.

What NCSoft should do is actually helping new players and making the game alt-friendly, with tradable items like emblems, frozen orbs, etc.

3/ Casual players would have a hard time to upgrade their gear.

1/ It's not uncommon to see a MMO forum filled with negative threads in the first page. (The point is these post indicate a common problem which should be fixed but instead let it fester but for the sake of argument I'll give you that point)

Unhappy players complain in the place they find most relevant, a.k.a the forum. They look like, and sometimes act like, depending on individuals, as if they're the representative of the whole community themselves. However, in reality, they are just vocal minority of a game(As much hate this game gets you say their a minority but yet clans dying I've been in ten the new areas are barren and hardly any new people so I think its wrong to call them a vocal minority because alot of people ingame voice their displeasure its just those people are to tired to write post in the forums). Using them as a basis to determine a game dying or not is not that accurate.(Never used them to gauge anything I used not only this forum but I think 20 different forums all of which had little positive view point on BNS at the moment and the ones that do sound generic and cookie cutter(copy and paste)

Happy and I-don't-really-care players spend time playing the game(Voicing their displeasure and quiting silently something they shouldn't do) instead of thinking of an essay-length post on forum (The length of the post indicates the level of interest the writer shows half hearted post means half hearted interest ). And from what I see, unless you cannot recruit anyone to run popular dungeons (Mast and Gloom, at the present) for like 30 minutes, then you can safely say that the game is dying.

(I am not going to give you a point here Idk how long you wait for but 10 mins is my max if I can't find  a match in 10 mins The game is dead, all these people in the game and take more than 10 mins!! what they doing on the toliet? 30 mins is too generous)

2/ If we want more players playing with us, we should stop doing the overgeared requirement. Don't try to make 600AP group for a six-man dungeon, when you can just run it with 450AP. (I have no problem here but I must say that the high levels can do what they want but there are consequences for ap limits)

What NCSoft should do is actually helping new players and making the game alt-friendly, with tradable items like emblems, frozen orbs, etc.(Or lower the weapons upgrades requirements so it isn't a chore to play the game)

3/ Casual players would have a hard time to upgrade their gear.( with that insane requirements it would be near impossible)

1. I don't think the game is dying. There are a lot of dedicated players playing the game (including those from outside of NA/EU) that the game won't die anytime soon.

2. NCSoft (and Team Bloodlust. People gotta know who the developer is and stop badmouthing only NCSoft. Bloodlust has every right to refuse making any changes) has to create ways to help new people get better and improve their gear. At the moment, it's simply too hard to join a group in Cross Server because of people's high AP demand (and yes, this is partly the community's fault), and you don't have many ways to get there.

3. Yes it is too hard. Again, partly due to the fact that you HAVE to do Cross Server dungeon (and people will kick you if you don't have enough AP, and you can't get enough AP if you don't get in a group). The other part is because of expensive-as-shit materials and how hard it is to get them *cough*Moonstones*cough*

Oh and don't mind the negative posts too much. There are always many more negative posts than positive posts, if they can be compared at all considering sometimes there's 0 positive post in forums. Negative things are always more prominent than positives

3 minutes ago, ketiax said:

1. I don't think the game is dying. There are a lot of dedicated players playing the game (including those from outside of NA/EU) that the game won't die anytime soon.

2. NCSoft (and Team Bloodlust. People gotta know who the developer is and stop badmouthing only NCSoft. Bloodlust has every right to refuse making any changes) has to create ways to help new people get better and improve their gear. At the moment, it's simply too hard to join a group in Cross Server because of people's high AP demand (and yes, this is partly the community's fault), and you don't have many ways to get there.

3. Yes it is too hard. Again, partly due to the fact that you HAVE to do Cross Server dungeon (and people will kick you if you don't have enough AP, and you can't get enough AP if you don't get in a group). The other part is because of expensive-as-shit materials and how hard it is to get them *cough*Moonstones*cough*

Oh and don't mind the negative posts too much. There are always many more negative posts than positive posts, if they can be compared at all considering sometimes there's 0 positive post in forums. Negative things are always more prominent than positives

Thats just it the game is dwindling fast to be reduced to this state in just SIX months! is a feat it is literally a phenomenon and its a first. I don't know the agreement between NC soft and blood lust but I do know the game is what it is because every decision comes from NC soft the buyer blood lust has little to no say in decisions. I agree with you somewhat on point 3 but The community fault derives from the devs enrage timer and other stuff take them away and community wouldn't do those stuff simplified reaction reacted to. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

1. What reasons are the game dying for? (if you don't believe the game is dying tell me why)
2. With the lack of new people joining and bad mouthing the game what can we do to change their minds or what can NCsoft do?
3. Is the game weapon upgrades to hard to obtain for a casual player Yes/No? Let me know

1. Lag , Bad RNG , Toxic community, Greedy *You know who because they're salty bout it*, disconnect, Game that require perfection (mistake(s) will lead to wipe), Spammers, hackers, bots, no in-game GM, bad optimization game

That's too much problem for game to survive, no wonder it's dying after 8 month (it came out january), and there is no / slow response to address this problem

2. Eliminate above problem and do event that fun, kept player base active & attract new people to join.

- About greediness, I know it's a company which must made profit, but as company you must give and take, so if NCsoft made a lot profit by milking whales they at least should give some free stuff (not so useful but not crap cash shop item will do, like golden revitalizer or instant revival charm) to player base so they shut their mouth, do you see current daily dash? they give corralites if you complete the run instead dragon pouch, and the oceanic tidal treasure event is a gold sink

- About difficulty, This is NA not KR server that every player has like 30-100ms, in here some has 200-300ms, and the game is heading to even more difficult direction, 4M masts as example NEED teamwork, coordination & lagless connection, next we gonna have ebon citadel & desolate tomb which is harder. it's became more and more like dance competition, 1 wrong move and it will break your leg, you must play like there is no tomorrow

My point is : New content will filter High AP to even smaller group of High AP, Low AP just pound sand, thanks for filtering the community to even more smaller group, the game won't survive long

There is a lot more rant but I just tired to list them all, it just too much 

3. Yes and it will became harder and casuals will be punished for not playing (the gap will became bigger everyday you don't play)

2 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

1. Just because forums are filled with unhappy people you need to remember some people are wicked enough to create multiple accounts to badmouth company they don't like making it seem like tons of people are unhappy with how the things are. Fact is that there is actually handful (not literally but still compared to majority of players) of negative review givers who each comment on each negative post making them grow bigger.

Major issues are the problems people face with SSP, ping, fps etc. These make people not be able to play and of course at some point they will grow tired and leave the game. Some people don't mind low FPS and get accustomed tho the game's flaws if they don't prevent playing (dc, not able to login issues). The second biggest issue is the toxic community to which NCSoft cannot do anything about. In big games with big population it is expected to have some horrible people but this game has majority of rotten apples in it that makes the game disgusting. It is not publisher's fault how a person acts towards others but bad upbringing and no rules -type of life style or too strict upbringing making kids/adults think they can do anything they want online and being a literally a bully.

As for the is the game dying the answer is yes and no but depends what is dying to you. If disappearing hype is dying for a game then yes it is but otherwise I don't see the game really dying yet. Players still can find fast dungeon parties with LFP (exception with 4-mans and Asura). Also when a player sells items everything sells pretty fast. For example selling 100 g takes in some cases 1-5 seconds. If the game was really dying the currency exchange would be more filled with cheap gold as there would be too much gold compared to buyers and atm it is not the case as the gold keeps bouncing at the rate of 1:7 to 1:10.

2. What community can do is to stop being jerks. Why people tell newcomers to quit before they even test the game? It is as if the salty people don't even want new players to come and try out the game and obviously that is scary for people for whom this came could be the first MMO ever. Also the fact that it is super hard to find helper as a lowbie or even a nice person in game who isn't like "eww lv 45 in blackram, gtfo dead weight". The elitism and toxic community is even worse than the issues the game has.

What NCSoft can do is to really honestly check the reason behind of so many people having FPS drop issues and disconnections with this game though for that they might need to move to a new location as for them in their headquarters they might not feel these issues and therefore it might be really hard if not nearly impossible to find the solution.

3. Yes and no. If the player gets stuck with the mentality "this is too hard for me, I can't do it" then yes it is. Otherwise no it is not. People aren't supposed to finish maxed gear in a month if they play 1-5 hours a week. Just simply ask how many hours did the player have behind them if they have True Scorpio or legendary stage weapon. I know people who lived in SSP for that so how on earth do these people think they can compare to those with few hours of week play time. The comparing to others is what often causes the issues with it is too hard. There is always a way if there's a will.

1) I don't believe the game is dying. Many action mmorpg only have the animation but ultimately is still highly stats based gameplay. B&S is special because it is truely very action based, you need to aim, you can walk out of attacks, you can block and dodge manually. I can hardly think of any other game with so much control over your character. Probably only Monster Hunter do it better but sadly it is not free to play. B&S is free to play. You even have an arena to almost completely remove the stats factor in the game and play it like an action game. Not even Monster Hunter achieved this. The different classes can be played very differently based on how well you can control your characters. There is just so much variety.

2) There are still many newcomers playing the game, I created an alt recently and have no trouble with dragonspire. Heck you don't need F8 for blackram narrows and tomb of exiles, I can still find party in dragon spire. This makes me believe there are tons of new players. In tw server you can forget about dragon spire. Even if you F8 the 5 party members will be 50hm, you are the only low level. That is the sign of low new players. What NC can do is probably keep advertising this game because western version is still new, there are lots of people out there who have not tried this game yet. The community should just relax and enjoy playing the game instead of thinking about $$$. I know it is hard, I also can't help but think about $ all the time.

3) It is hard because of rng. But if there is no rng everyone will leave the lower level immediately and No.2 will come true where there are no new players. So this is a tricky issue. I understand there is some need to have a grindy adventure so people will work hard for their gears. But please can't we have something else other than rng? The problem with rng is that people like me who don't gamble does not find it attractive at all. I wish there will be an alt farming system here.

1. I do not think the game is dying. Just because you dont see many people doesnt mean everyone quit. Most take a break till next content release, some just afk all day and play the market cause lets face it there is nothing exciting at end game if you are maxed out.

2. There are new players joining the game, at least i see a lot of them asking too many questions lol. And every forum is fileld with badmouthing, its normal.

3. The step from Oathbreaker -> Awakened oathbreaker and True Scorpio -> Baleful/Seraph are fine imo. As those are 2 major steps in the weapon path.

However i do agree that the costs are too high. Looking at the game right now, i would say the stingers are fine since they are cheap and you get a ton of them from just dailies. However the moonstones are an issue, they should lower the need for them instead of giving more ways to get them.  Thats the only thing i would say is costy since the transformation stones arent that hard to get. Premium stones however ...idk mixed feelings, on on hand they shouldnt be that easy to get, on the other.....the rate is just horrible.

1. I would say that "dying" is a little bit too strong. The population is diminishing, that's true. In our guild that had 60 players only about 7 are still playing. Imo there are different reason to that matter: current patch is super boring and has nothing rewarding to grind for; most people that I know left the gale was because of too much grind for little reward; in our server Cerulean faction has little to no mining which leads to no soulstones unless you pvp (people that don't pvp try to leave to another faction or leave the game due to impossibility of upgrades). Artificially creating a huge gap between players who pay money during "events" (*cough* trove *cough*) is the worst idea I've ever seen in an MMO, and as if it wasn't enough now we have mats for upgrades in shop. I can tell you this is highly discouraging for people that farm their way up there. 

2. The quantity of newcomers is really low, mostly you can meet alts in lower areas.  

The community is really toxic and that won't change. Players are divided by AP. The game in general is highly anti-social: you just enter your AP pool in cross-server and that's it. No need to talk to anyone in your guild because they are not in your AP pool. 

NCSoft: a lot of times I have a feeling that they are deaf towards their community. "We are working on putting in more ways of getting moonstones" - the next day moonstones are in shop *facepalm*. Current event are just horrible and frustrating, aren't those suppose to be funny and rewarding? Current patch content is just meh and I don't even do daily challenge anymore because 0-1 gold of reward. 

3. I've recently created an alt to feel what it's like right now to level up. I've already wanted to quit twice (lvl 46 now) - newcomers don't need RNG for weapons. I had to run Tomb of Exiles 10 times and I don't think it's fun. There's not enough keys for the RNG you have to come through. Now I'm lvl 46 with a lvl36 weapon (lol). I can't buy upgrade stones because I don't have enough money. I can't craft them because leveling crafting guilds take ages. If NCSoft thinks this is tempting for a new player, it's not, especially taking into account all the RNG and grinding expecting on lvl 50. The sad part is that no new player will ever get even close to those people that now have 750 AP (which is not needed to clear the content but still). 

I don't think the game is dying.

I think it's simply losing its appeal to causal gamers. And by casual I do not mean those who simply play <3 hours a day. It is also the folks like I, who are unable to do hard content. The game has the emphasis on the latest, hardest content due to need to earn, so everyone, regardless of their ability, goes into the hardest dungeons.

And they wipe, wipe and wipe again. Then they blame someone else.

I am honest with myself. I will never be able to do CC's required to pass the dungeons starting with the Yeti. No skin of my nose if the game's population used the content that is in the game for those like me (and that's the majority). But everyone thinks too much of themselves and won't stoop to the easy content, or calmly accept that they do not need to progress past the True Breeze.

In SWTOR, nobody threw tantrums because they could not do Hard Modes and Nightmare Modes, wearing the 3rd Tier gear. It was understood that it is just a small elite group of the progression Raiders. The rest happily did casual SM raids in Tier 1 gear. If they raided at all. There was tons of stuff to do beyond it.

Here, everyone seems to be hell-bent on running 4M Sogun and having a Legendary set.

The game gets exactly the population it carters to, and that's the leet. So, the normal folks, new or old, who got carried by the tanks in the Western games, will eventually drop out. Thus, the game's population will remain small and dedicated.

Funnily enough, the game's set-up actually would carter to the Average Joe, because the awesome characters and the fighting mechanics that is far easier to learn (while hard to master) than in the Western games with the Tab targeting and skill bloat. It's super-easy to play BnS on a low skill level. All your skills fit on the mouse button, and what Hajoon taught you will get you through on most classes.

If BnS have added the SM tier for all the dungeons taking off the party wipes mechanics, well, that would give more people access to the end-game PvE.  By whatever reason most people like the dungeons (can't fathom why) so maybe, a few months down the road the casual guilds and the casual population would start building up. Or maybe not. Again, in this game everyone thinks s/he is an ace.

1. Just because forums are filled with unhappy people you need to remember some people are wicked enough to create multiple accounts to badmouth company they don't like making it seem like tons of people are unhappy with how the things are. Fact is that there is actually handful (not literally but still compared to majority of players) of negative review givers who each comment on each negative post making them grow bigger.( I would believe its the whiteknights or positive posters who make lots of accounts to make it seem that there are more people who see BNS in a positive light than in a negative light. Second I have never used forums as my only measurement that the game is dying I use new player (Actually meaning new never played player and not alts or bots), clan recruitment and dungeon accesibility. The majority of players are dissatisfied with the game so much so they are bad mouthing the game to their friends and telling them not to play because the game is too hard. Actually its the constant back and forth between truthful people and people who use half truths)

Major issues are the problems people face with SSP, ping, fps etc (Naw man its upgrades and AP lag is a thing but compared to AP it takes a backseat). These make people not be able to play and of course at some point they will grow tired and leave the game(more people leave the game over weapons upgrades than lag maybe to the few people you seen but entire clans leave for weapon upgrades also its the bulk of issues on the forum or atleast post that differ have some link to the AP problem) . Some people don't mind low FPS and get accustomed tho the game's flaws if they don't prevent playing (dc, not able to login issues). The second biggest issue is the toxic community to which NCSoft cannot do anything about(See that right there is a half truth you see the community is toxic directly due to the fact that the devs implemented enrage time and low rng the community then began to focus heavily on ap and faster runs because of this change notice this wasn't a thing before but now it is). In big games with big population (This games population is paltry compared to itself at launch it dropped hard in terms of active players) it is expected to have some horrible people but this game has majority of rotten apples in it that makes the game disgusting. It is not publisher's fault how a person acts towards others but bad upbringing and no rules -type of life style or too strict upbringing making kids/adults think they can do anything they want online and being a literally a bully. (NO it is YOUR fault when your actions directly caused the problems and their soulution of putting things in shops are only going to make things worse and bad for everybody)

As for the is the game dying the answer is yes and no but depends what is dying to you (I am talking about full on dying bro people stop playing hardly any new people joining etc). If disappearing hype is dying for a game then yes(The hype was gone along time ago) it is but otherwise I don't see the game really dying yet(Please go to new areas and find an actual new player not and alt or bot pls). Players still can find fast dungeon parties with LFP (exception with 4-mans and Asura)(took me 7 mins to find dungeon now its easy to find the daily challenge dungeons but other dungeons no not so much). Also when a player sells items everything sells pretty fast. For example selling 100 g takes in some cases 1-5 seconds(Thats might've happened to you before but it takes an hour on average to sell 7 gold maybe it was at a peak time for you, however I totally think you're lying about this though). If the game was really dying the currency exchange would be more filled with cheap gold as there would be too much gold compared to buyers and atm it is not the case as the gold keeps bouncing at the rate of 1:7 to 1:10.(The bots dominate exchange and the exchange only goes up when exciting new outfits come out and thats for a short time, also what does it prove the exchange only helps with cash shop what is that supposed to indicate)

2. What community can do is to stop being jerks. Why people tell newcomers to quit before they even test the game? It is as if the salty people don't even want new players to come and try out the game and obviously that is scary for people for whom this came could be the first MMO ever. Also the fact that it is super hard to find helper as a lowbie or even a nice person in game who isn't like "eww lv 45 in blackram, gtfo dead weight". The elitism and toxic community is even worse than the issues the game has. (They're telling their friends that the game is not worth their time because of their experience with the game people like you who belittle their problems and tell them shut up and farm which is why they're telling their friends not to play)

What NCSoft can do is to really honestly check the reason behind of so many people having FPS drop issues and disconnections with this game though for that they might need to move to a new location as for them in their headquarters they might not feel these issues and therefore it might be really hard if not nearly impossible to find the solution. (The main problem is Weapon upgrades all other problems seem to be related to hardware of peoples computers, low end PC's wont cut it anymore)

3. Yes and no. If the player gets stuck with the mentality "this is too hard for me, I can't do it" then yes it is. Otherwise no it is not. People aren't supposed to finish maxed gear in a month if they play 1-5 hours a week. Just simply ask how many hours did the player have behind them if they have True Scorpio or legendary stage weapon. I know people who lived in SSP for that so how on earth do these people think they can compare to those with few hours of week play time. The comparing to others is what often causes the issues with it is too hard. There is always a way if there's a will. (The requirements are borderline asinine it is so hard it makes me a veteran mmo player not want to do them the RNG is so bad it could be considered fraud, also I DON'T CARE how long it took you you wanted to waste your time I am never going to compare myself to them but I will ask for the requirements to be lowered and if they don't lower people will play less might I remind ya'll this game aint the first mmo and it certainly won't be the last)

BTW since afew people response are so similar to Luna's (Grimoir,domi and soul this response is for ya'll too)

14 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

The requirements are borderline asinine it is so hard it makes me a veteran mmo player not want to do them the RNG is so bad it could be considered fraud, also I DON'T CARE how long it took you you wanted to waste your time I am never going to compare myself to them but I will ask for the requirements to be lowered and if they don't lower people will play less might I remind ya'll this game aint the first mmo and it certainly won't be the last)

They are not border-line asinine. They are asinine. The difficulty of the PvE content on the lowest mode (6M) is also far too hard. All dungeons should be accessible to all level 50 players, then they need to tier them up for the progression players. Gating people from the content just because they are not skilled or geared when there is not enough content to start with is silly.

12 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

They are not border-line asinine. They are asinine. The difficulty of the PvE content on the lowest mode (6M) is also far too hard. All dungeons should be accessible to all level 50 players, then they need to tier them up for the progression players. Gating people from the content just because they are not skilled or geared when there is not enough content to start with is silly.

I was being fair because grinding isn't bads its the amount of grind which is bad players lose interest fast

"i want you opinion, please respect others opinion" = he is going to counterargument other opinions. kappa legit!

1- not dying. it is more a matter or server choices and summer/holidays/RL priorities. one day u play , day after u have to work/university/whatever reason. or one day u play BnS, other day friends play..overwatch and u change to play with them. etc. yeah there are unhappy players. like every other thing in the world inside and outside internet.

2- haters gonna hate. the ones that are disappointed will not change their mind until u give them overpowered skills for free. i would change RNGesus to a more normal rate. i would change game to be WAY MORE alt friendly. change goals of the game from "farm until death to get 2 ap from a legendary weapon" to "farm because u can get skins/other stuff of interests" lowering upgrade costs and RNG.

3-  if u have just 1 main character, you play following rules of the game, using market, using guilds, using brain , well upgrades are right costly until TRUE SCORPIO. then RNGesus decide who should quit the game and who should not. EVEN if right now game is not REQUIRING such AP .

TL;DR: if they modify game goals, modify RNGesus and F8 party finder, game would outshine even WoW (ahaha kappa , right? wow  fanbase hates me NAU)

edit: modify even ARENA so i can create a new char and have a FULL character all unlocked to test it out and play arena..then MAYBE if i care, i can create it in PvE (which covers also OWPVP and battleground) and upgrade it . not like now which is silly and bad developed

17 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Firstly I want to point out that there are "enrage" timers in other mmos also but instead of killing the party they simply kick you out of the dungeon and you need to redo the WHOLE dungeon to get to the boss. BnS is forgiving in that area as you can simply go back to the main boss without killing millions of mobs before getting to it. At beginning the three Silverfrost purples used to be end game content which all the lvl 50s can do. Each step with new dungeons require more so it is obvious that a fresh 50 cannot simply run into Masts and think "oh hey this was meant for my level" and ignore the gear and AP. End game content means you need to gear a bit for it in order to finish it. Just like in Sogun the devs said we require certain accuracy, some dungeons require certain AP in order to be able to finish.

Yes I have been to new areas, met completely first timers quite often. So yes there are actually new people who aren't bots nor alts as no one who has experience would ask those questions I have had.

Finding dungeon is dependent of your AP. People tend to join parties that have higher AP requirements. I always find parties within 1-3 minutes (exception to Asura or Nexus 4-mans with 550+ requirement). Which dungeon were you looking for and what AP? Also which region and what time of the day?

About selling gold, sometimes it takes time but usually never more than hour. Just the other day I sold 100 g with 1:9.8 rate and not even kidding it got sold in less than a minute which felt like 5 seconds to me from the moment I registered my gold. I was surprised if not even shocked how fast it sold but nope I am not lying about it. I have noticed that many people rather buy bulk amounts than those 1-10 g little pocket money. Surprisingly the exchange goes in EU completely opposite from what you said. When new outfit comes everyone sells gold making rates go lower but after a while it will rise again to the 1:9, 1:10 rate. Why did I bring this up is because there are still people spending money on the game and of course this helps those F2P people to gain a bit Hongmoon Coins on what ever they may need it. I would be worried once there are close to no people spending money on the game.

I don't think being mean to lower AP is being mean to a friend, which I was not referring to. Each time when someone asks on forum "is it worth to play" there are people telling the player to gtfo because "you cannot accomplish anything". Let them try, see if the style suits them. I am not belittling the problems but simply I am not experiencing them so I can only say how I feel about the game. Others have other opinions but what I say is simply the way I feel about the game's current situation. Some will agree and some won't.

Weapon upgrades aren't anymore proper excuse for here as they have already lowered the material costs to crafts most of the items, they are giving us free stuff to make boxes with which can give us upgrade materials. People simply are too lazy to work a bit for their AP. I know exactly how it is to upgrade weapons as I have 9 characters and yet I somehow managed to get my main to 661 AP (a bit of p2w but only in matter of hepta amethyst) and alts to 564 AP, 454 and some other alts to 400-430 AP with full F2P methods. Still I somehow manage to find resources to help out my bf with his upgrades. I personally like the grind, I wouldn't want it to be too easy and this model bring enough challenge for me. If people don't want to do dungeons over and over again do they then want to finish gears in one run of each dungeon and everything is then done? Just how easy gearing nowadays needs to be in order to be not too hard for some and not too easy for others?

If the player feels too much negativity towards the game simply leave the game behind and continue somewhere else as you will just torment yourself with bad thoughts. It is a game and not a job so why should anyone feel stress from gearing up or for any other possible reason. 

Offtopic a bit: Could you please make your text more separated from the original post. My eyes are bouncing between lines making me have nauseous feeling (might be due to other issues also and not this) and making it super hard to read, just as the tip for the style.

Shu I didn't say I wouldn't respond to you I just said don't insult peoples opinions which I did, Now I agree with some points of your response and some I don't. But on the fact you're saying we want stuff for free, nowhere in my post did I indicate I wanted something for free I said lower the requirement thats all

first paragraph : I have never seen an enrage timer in my share of mmos but if they have it it is really dumb to do that. Also there no problem with harder dungeons what is the problem is BNS limiting players to do dungeons day in and day out for little to no reward unless you do 4 mans all the time.

Second: Tell me the server because my clan needs new people.

Third: Should it matter if it is this paltry in the Summer imagine when school picks up, we'd be beyond barren.

Fourth:I apologize I thought you were talking about the market place and not currency exchange.

Fifth:I didn't said I supported those kinds of people I said elitist being mean to new people drives them away and makes them bad mouth the game.

Sixth:They have never lowered the requirements the just made temporary runarounds for a limited time thats all which isnt a fix. 

Seventh: I really like the game and its fun to play but certain aspects make the game unplayable.

Eighth: Ok i will try 

21 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Finding dungeon is dependent of your AP. People tend to join parties that have higher AP requirements. I always find parties within 1-3 minutes (exception to Asura or Nexus 4-mans with 550+ requirement). Which dungeon were you looking for and what AP? Also which region and what time of the day?

At 523/547 AP I am below the 550, which is the newest lowest cut-off for pretty much everything, from ToE onward, lol. I only play two dungeons right now, Cold Storage and Mandate.

For Cold Storage, unless I have all 3 orbs, it takes me 5 to 8 minutes to either join or form a 500 AP party. My play-time is during the east coast prime-time, and during the day-time on the weekends.

I prefer not to form up, because I have not found a mechanism of dropping out of the party I have created, save for turning the game off. So, in many cases, it would lock me down for minutes with just one other person and I would miss another lobby.

For Mandate, I just join the 'my scale=my loot' parties, because I can't care less for the loot that drops there and those are <3 min (because realy, who the heck drops a 5 gold piece to get a 2 gold loot?).

I've tried to join an LFP Gloomdross 6M yesterday when it was on the Daily Challenge hoping for that seed, and oh, boy it was a disaster on the last boss. Nobody ran behind the purple circle to bait the jump, and nobody iframed the slams. Twice. So, yeah, that's Yeti Come Back Again. And, of course the rooms for it are either 550 or 600. And I've done the 4M version with one 598 AP and three 545-550 AP people, where the biggest challenge was the defense of the 1st core, not the final fight. Why can't everyone just move behind the seed and iframe even if they won't do the CC I am not sure.

7 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

In Eu there are quite often 500+ AP rooms for Gloom and Masts. The biggest problem in 6-mans is that people come there unprepared and unwilling to communicate. They don't know about the dungeon nor they want to know about it as many dungeons don't require more than 1-3 people to do proper work. As for how to leave the lobby you created is the same as always, if it's not LFP group you can just leave with the leave party button on bottom right.

4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

In Eu there are quite often 500+ AP rooms for Gloom and Masts. The biggest problem in 6-mans is that people come there unprepared and unwilling to communicate. They don't know about the dungeon nor they want to know about it as many dungeons don't require more than 1-3 people to do proper work. As for how to leave the lobby you created is the same as always, if it's not LFP group you can just leave with the leave party button on bottom right.

The option to 'cancel' is greyed out and the 'leave group' is greyd out as well. The only option I see available is for logging out. All those options are available when I join a group or placed in an LFP, not started it.

In NA I haven't seen a 500 group for anything but Cold Storage and Mandate since last week. I think the latest Daily Challenge event promoted a lot of people in the 550-650 range so I am behind everyone again by 100 AP.

Masts are normally 600+. I saw someone advertising 580 Masts 6M with a description 'f**k elitists' for about 5 minutes. :)

6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

The option to 'cancel' is greyed out and the 'leave group' is greyd out as well. The only option I see available is for logging out. All those options are available when I join a group or placed in an LFP, not started it.

In NA I haven't seen a 500 group for anything but Cold Storage and Mandate since last week. I think the latest Daily Challenge event promoted a lot of people in the 550-650 range so I am behind everyone again by 100 AP.

Masts are normally 600+. I saw someone advertising 580 Masts 6M with a description 'f**k elitists' for about 5 minutes. :)

Seems that things are worse in NA elitist wise while EU has more connectivity issues according to players.

13 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Seems that things are worse in NA elitist wise while EU has more connectivity issues according to players.

Honestly?

I don't think it's the elitists.

I think it is actually very average players coping with the too high difficulty of the content, who are extremely insecure in their abilities.

I think what we all want is a tank and spank with a little bit of not standing in stupid. We want fast and fun, where we can pew-pew and feel awesome-powerful. In Trinity games very few want to play tanks in the end-game by exactly that reason - they are the guys who take the responsibility for the party survival and success. Most players in the trinity games DPS, and want to do nothing in PvE, but stand around and execute their rotation.

Instead, BnS has all these intricate CC's and iframes where someone has to take on a responsibility to tank and/or party-save for the rest to succeed, and the mechanics that cannot be facerolled if we all just DPS. Even the SM dungeons (6M) starting with yeti have the party wipe mechanics, something that I was told in the other game that belongs in the HM content. SM content should be passable with some efforts, even if you lose a player or two. High-level party coordination (i.e. who cc's the boss after the first jump with that particular cc?) and wipe mechanics just do not belong in the SMs.

Hence, people try to go to the good old Overgear-Overlevel method that makes the dungeons what they want them to be - tank & spank with a little bit of not standing in stupid....

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Honestly?

I don't think it's the elitists.

I think it is actually very average players coping with the too high difficulty of the content, who are extremely insecure in their abilities.

I think what we all want is a tank and spank with a little bit of not standing in stupid. We want fast and fun, where we can pew-pew and feel awesome-powerful.

Instead, BnS has all these intricate CC's where someone has to take on a responsibility to tank for the rest to succeed, and the mechanics that cannot be facerolled if we all just DPS. Even the SM dungeons (6M) starting with yeti have the party wipe mechanics, something that I was told in the other game that belongs in the HM content. SM content should be passable with some efforts, even if you lose a player or two. High-level party coordination (i.e. who cc's the boss after the first jump with that particular cc?) and wipe mechanics just do not belong in the SMs.

Hence, people try to go to the good old Overgear-Overlevel method that makes the dungeons what they want them to be - tank & spank with a little bit of not standing in stupid....

Tell me about it. Today I went on my alt to Blackram Supply to see no one of the classes who has block wanted to block Slashimi causing it to enrage. Yay to passive people. Somehow I find that there is unwritten mentality of "as long as I don't need to do the hard stuff I can just DPS". In Yeti I still take the lead of doing freezes on my lowbie alt while there are 100-200 AP higher FMs as they don't want to bother with mechanics. Just like no one ever bothers doing CC in Cold Storage and then cursing why the party failed with high AP average. But I agree with the Overgeared-Overlevel method that too many people count on that. It is sad to see that HM2 is sometimes better in skills than some HM9 not to mention the gear also. Had to really ask HM9 today how come he was still at 432 AP while even the other HM4 in the party had higher AP than he.

Archived