Let's Recap

CrimsonKitsune

I wanted to add more accurate information on clans. I was playing yesterday on my Level 20 alt on the smaller Faction, and what I saw -in regional chat around the viridian coast- was:

3 guilds advertising, one said "all levels, main, active", the other was a national/non-English, and the last one was National but English, and asked for HM1 (the wisdom of which in the Viridian non-faction I fail to comprehend). 

I've also asked in the regional chat if anyone wanted to do the field boss on Songhu or Adder's nest, with zero responce, though I did see a few folks levelling.

i had no problems getting into x-server group for Narrows, with char on my level.

the group I am playing on is poharan-iksanun, which is one of the largest links iirc.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) OK first off the game seems like not dying but actually it is dying. When a game merged the servers, that means the respective server is low on population so NC need to merge the servers to make the game looks like still active. For me, yeah the game is dying in the future but it won't be dead in recent.

2) Secondly, NC should listen to our player's opinions and try to improve the game play. The first thing that NC needs to do is to optimise the game for both AMD and Intel. In my case I got a AMD-A10 5750M processor and Radeon HD 8670M + 8600G dual graphic laptop. Although my specs met the recommended requirements but still get an awful FPS like 20++ and bad optimised game will killed a lot of fun. I know normal laptop isn't meant to gaming but I'm pretty sure my laptop can handle it in normal or above normal graphic in about 45 FPS with no problems. The second is the most common one which is hacker, spammer and bots. I know most MMOs do have bots or hacker issues but it seems like NC just don't give a damn. Third is NC should implement a new dungeon system for new players to let them play the dungeons with skill matched players instead of suffering from being kicked out from the dungeons lobby because of low in AP. There's still lots of the issues that NC having right now but I stated the most common problems.

3) Yes the casual players will face problems in upgrading weapon. I did spend some of real cash for the in-game currency because the time for casual players to acquire items or money is very long. For money part I can say now is easier than before but the upgrading costs and mats still over what you have earned.

All of the above are my opinions to this game. And if you found out that I got some errors above, English is not my main language, Cantonese is.

15 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

I

SO the game dying now under your ok viewpoint and if they geared up instead of doing pvp which is what they wanted they will just get bored and leave is that right? Also I like how you phrased the question you put in the work (You chose to do that) tell me would you rather people leave and the game dies or people play and tell their friends to play and pay your move. Also what difference does it make we get new people playing the game is dying and you worried about your time get off your high horse and wake up your time will be wasted if you do nothing either way your ego will be crushed.

My ego will be crushed?  I actually laughed when I read that.  And as to working  for my stuff, I'm not afraid of a little hard work. Apparently, you are.  You may say you are a 90's kid, but you have millennial written all over.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:07 AM, triplethreat said:

My ego will be crushed?  I actually laughed when I read that.  And as to working  for my stuff, I'm not afraid of a little hard work. Apparently, you are.  You may say you are a 90's kid, but you have millennial written all over.

They changed the requirements bro they listened to us, guess we were the silent majority lol no more insane work

yeah i guess all crybabies are  happy now ;) you dont think alot of people will leave cause of these kinda moves too?
 i mean games has been out for 6 month and people are complaing and *cricket" about everything and sure they get what they want.. im done with this game at least this was a killing blow for my intresst, farming 9-10 hours / day to get where i am with my gear at the moment.. and when p2w events and stuff like this happens..

but sure, its good for people who can only play 1-2 hour a day to catch up to people who have been dedicated 9-12 h / day ;)

but yeah now im not gonna bother play this game more at least :)

and my guild is kinda empty atm too.. from having 45 actives to 15, my " group " disbanded cause of this.

OP.  Negativity is not unusual in gaming forums like this.  In fact it is quite common.  Rage quit posts are pretty standard.  So are the "me too" posts and the dogpilers.

Is the game dying?  No.  All MMOs are a rollercoaster ride and most especially F2P games.  Players come and go like the tide.  Many follow the shiny and new and then return to the old for new content.

Is there a gap because of gear grind?  Maybe so.  Gear upgrade changes are coming ease things a bit.  And yes, you have to show some dedication to the game to get the higher tier gear.  That is normal even for casuals.

What can be improved?  More support for alts.  Make certain mats etc. account wide so that players have a reason to stay and play their alts with much less grind.  Also, NCWest barely promotes this game at all.  It is amazing how little advertising and PR this game gets in the west.  I'm quite surprised many of us area here.  Last, this game needs better official documentation on everything. Lol.  When events occur or new content is released it is poorly documented.  Usually it takes someone who has played the game overseas to explain things.  That is just poor communication.  I shouldn't have to google how SSP works or how an event works.  That stuff should be clearly documented officially on this website.

5 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

yeah i guess all crybabies are  happy now ;) you dont think alot of people will leave cause of these kinda moves too?
 i mean games has been out for 6 month and people are complaing and *cricket" about everything and sure they get what they want.. im done with this game at least this was a killing blow for my intresst, farming 9-10 hours / day to get where i am with my gear at the moment.. and when p2w events and stuff like this happens..

but sure, its good for people who can only play 1-2 hour a day to catch up to people who have been dedicated 9-12 h / day ;)

but yeah now im not gonna bother play this game more at least :)

and my guild is kinda empty atm too.. from having 45 actives to 15, my " group " disbanded cause of this.

Honestly, mang, there's nothing healthy about gaming 9-12 hours a day. It's not good for your vision, it's not good for your physical health, and it certainly doesn't help with real human interaction. I also don't understand players who get upset and quit because players who can't spend what equates to a full-time job with overtime's equivalent number of hours to a game are able to keep up. The fixes are what the majority want. Players gaming the kind of hours you're talking will likely always be the minority here in the west, and catering to them does not keep games flourishing. Casual players bring in the dollars in the long term, and NCWest has made one of its first great decisions in terms of actually attracting and retaining players by doing this.

I don't get it, but it's not surprising. Quite a few quit BDO because now all players have access to cash shop items. To me that's much more of a tantrum than players asking for mat costs to be reduced so that you don't have to grind your life away.

2 minutes ago, Shukran said:

i played 6months about ..dunno a lot of h/day.

i am not against speeding up upgrades and letting newcomers reach higher ap easier.

i dont like when players CRY a lot when game is already making stuff easier

OP's post was made before the announcement, and after the announcement the OP joyfully celebrated the changes. Your comment is unfair if it is addressed to the OP.

i played 6months about ..dunno a lot of h/day.

i am not against speeding up upgrades and letting newcomers reach higher ap easier.

i dont like when players CRY a lot when game is already making stuff easier

or when content need to learn mechanics and u assume everyone else must carry you

46 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

OP's post was made before the announcement, and after the announcement the OP joyfully celebrated the changes. Your comment is unfair if it is addressed to the OP.

i mean about elitists accusation and similar stuff.

Archived