Let's Recap

CrimsonKitsune

7 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Tell me about it. Today I went on my alt to Blackram Supply to see no one of the classes who has block wanted to block Slashimi causing it to enrage. Yay to passive people. Somehow I find that there is unwritten mentality of "as long as I don't need to do the hard stuff I can just DPS". In Yeti I still take the lead of doing freezes on my lowbie alt while there are 100-200 AP higher FMs as they don't want to bother with mechanics. Just like no one ever bothers doing CC in Cold Storage and then cursing why the party failed with high AP average. But I agree with the Overgeared-Overlevel method that too many people count on that. It is sad to see that HM2 is sometimes better in skills than some HM9 not to mention the gear also. Had to really ask HM9 today how come he was still at 432 AP while even the other HM4 in the party had higher AP than he.

I do not want it to be hard. I want a version of each dungeon that is passable even if you fail those cc's and iframes. That way everyone, even a ditzy player like me, gets to see all the content and don't have to sweat the wipes. That's what maketh a happy, relaxed community. Content that is easy enough for the folks that are realistic to go and do instead of forcing ourselves onto the leets.

I want the runs when people don't mind watching cutscenes and do not run like insane.

Back in March, running green and blue dungeons on the level when I was leveling via x-server was one of my favorite things in the game. The end-game purples is the most hated thing in the game for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I do not want it to be hard. I want a version of each dungeon that is passable even if you fail those cc's and iframes. That way everyone, even a ditzy player like me, gets to see all the content and don't have to sweat the wipes. That's what maketh a happy, relaxed community. Content that is easy enough for the folks that are realistic to go and do instead of forcing ourselves onto the leets.

I want the runs when people don't mind watching cutscenes and do not run like insane.

RNG might be small solution for this.

Rage time RNG instead of 100% rage could give some hope to those(including myself) some what can't keep up with all the cc's, iframe and epic dps.

Sorry my English isn't that good.

1 hour ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Shu I didn't say I wouldn't respond to you I just said don't insult peoples opinions which I did, Now I agree with some points of your response and some I don't. But on the fact you're saying we want stuff for free, nowhere in my post did I indicate I wanted something for free I said lower the requirement thats all

nowhere in my post i mentioned you. i mentioned what probably are going to do disappointed players and how to cvhange their idea.my opinion about it, not a rule. anyway if u want to point what u dont agree on my post i can listen to your arguments.

its not that hard.. I only run my daily challenge each day sometimes i forget to even do CS and mandate, still made it to true scorpio.. and gearing an alt through oath-breaker, I get sometimes its hard find a friend, work together to get better, we duoed poh in true profane back in 45 cap, yeti and lair in 450ap gear the game just requires a decent working knowledge of the mechanics and rotations of bosses. 

we have a massive guild with 20-40 people online every day and its been that way since we joined it on the launch of 50 cap, each player will have a slightly different experience no? some guilds will die some won't some players will have better luck some wont, its wrong for me to say the game is not dying based on my experience because that anecdotal, and its equally wrong for others to say the same, name another game go to the forums and you will find the same thing, tons of forums with people bitching adn few comments defending the game generally because the people who don't care are just playing the game.

1 hour ago, hwalien said:

RNG might be small solution for this.

Rage time RNG instead of 100% rage could give some hope to those(including myself) some what can't keep up with all the cc's, iframe and epic dps.

Sorry my English isn't that good.

I've never had a problem with the enrage timer. It is a normal part of a battle, that tells you to pull your socks up. What I don't like is the mechanics that wipes the party if the boss is not cc'd properly or you did not iframe. In other games on a SM, the bosses just do not hit hard enough on those missed mechanics points. So, you heal back up, and keep going. Enrage can be a bit more relaxed on things like SM Yeti, but it gotta be there, really, so you don't have a too long of a battle. A bolster on the gear in SM mode will help with setting up a reasonable enrage timer, because then the group will have a minimal stats even for the most undergeared player set to that baseline, it is easier to calculate an enrage timer.

Honestly though, I wish folks like me would just stop screwing around and try to get carried through the purples and do 24M and blues instead. But now, they'd rather wipe for 2 hrs than do what they can.

1 minute ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Enrage and weapon requirements are the biggest hurdles facing new players if it were alittle easier we'd be swimming in new players

I am kind of surprised in respect to the comments on the enrage timers. I have only played two MMOs, both had it, and I accepted it as a given in the end-game PvE content. The only difference was that the other MMO had bolster in the Story Mode content so it 'pulled up' the undergeared folks so they can earn their gear and participate. I've really liked that because it was so inclusive and gave you a great place to start.

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Enrage and weapon requirements are the biggest hurdles facing new players if it were alittle easier we'd be swimming in new players

Lol I don't think so all the content is all too easy already that's more of a reason people leave they mindlessly run thru the stuff get bored and quit 

The other issue is new people jump right into dungs have 0 clue what to do don't say anything causes a wipe and people leave and still do the ask for help new party gets built wipes again and people leave new person still silent get discouraged and quit 

Seems anymore people have a I'll get carried attitude and blindly jump into things 

That's a bigger issue then ap/enraged 

21 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

The other issue is new people jump right into dungs have 0 clue what to do don't say anything causes a wipe and people leave and still do the ask for help new party gets built wipes again and people leave new person still silent get discouraged and quit 

The trouble is that everyone is silent. In a Trinity game, everyone in a pug will assume that the tanks do the boss control, the healer - heals, and the DPS drop agro and stay out of stupid.

In BnS? Six people load in, the FM sees a Summoner and thinks that the Summoner will double-CC, while the Summoner thinks that FM has the one-shot CC so it's his job. Or both of them think the melees gotta cover it. Then nobody does anything. And the more complicated the sequence is, the more spatial awareness is needed to get the boss controlled, the worse it gets.

I am used to raids 2-3x a week with a raid lead explaining mechanics before every boss unless everyone in the party knows it by heart. I am used to the tanks that keep the boss on them and dead-steady. I am used to doing that one thing my role calls for, letting the other guys do their jobs. And by my job being clearly indicated by a small 'role' sign by my name.

To me, ripping agro off the tank is unthinkable. If the unthinkable happened? Kite towards the offtank screaming loudly.

The BnS system, both for quantity required daily and that whole mental game of "who's the responsible adult here?" chicken is nuts.

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

The trouble is that everyone is silent. In a Trinity game, everyone in a pug will assume that the tanks do the boss control, the healer - heals, and the DPS drop agro and stay out of stupid.

In BnS? Six people load in, the FM sees a Summoner and thinks that the Summoner will double-CC, while the Summoner thinks that FM has the one-shot CC so it's his job. Or both of them think the melees gotta cover it. Then nobody does anything. And the more complicated the sequence is, the more spatial awareness is needed to get the boss controlled, the worse it gets.

I am used to raids 2-3x a week with a raid lead explaining mechanics before every boss unless everyone in the party knows it by heart. I am used to the tanks that keep the boss on them and dead-steady. I am used to doing that one thing my role calls for, letting the other guys do their jobs. And by my job being clearly indicated by a small 'role' sign by my name.

The BnS system, both for quantity required daily and that whole mental game of "who's the responsible adult here?" chicken is nuts.

I agree 100% everyone in this game is a mute 

20 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

To me, ripping agro off the tank is unthinkable. If the unthinkable happened? Kite towards the offtank screaming loudly.

This has less to do with the mechanics being hard and more to do with the increasingly obvious fact that the NA gaming community is socially inept.  If people would communicate at some point before they spew a toxic stream of obscenities at someone for not doing something that they themselves could also do this wouldn't even be an issue.

The game is in my opinion mostly to blame for what the community is doing if BNS would implement a 2,3,4 sytem everything would be golden. By 2,3,4 I mean 2 trans stones,3 moon stones and 4 stingers from each purple dungeon daily people would get geared up much quicker and they still put in work and the elitist would see a viable route for the newbies to upgrade so they won't remain newbies forever 

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

The game is in my opinion mostly to blame for what the community is doing if BNS would implement a 2,3,4 sytem everything would be golden. By 2,3,4 I mean 2 trans stones,3 moon stones and 4 stingers from each purple dungeon daily people would get geared up much quicker and they still put in work and the elitist would see a viable route for the newbies to upgrade so they won't remain newbies forever 

Then they would have to multiply the mats by like 2000 or everyone would be geared in a week lol 

Why the f do people not want to work for there stuff and want it now wtf man I don't get why everyone wants Max gear in a month lmao there would be zero reason to play.....

1 hour ago, WhiteTrash said:

Then they would have to multiply the mats by like 2000 or everyone would be geared in a week lol 

Why the f do people not want to work for there stuff and want it now wtf man I don't get why everyone wants Max gear in a month lmao there would be zero reason to play.....

Sir I can't fathom what to say to you, to think there was someone who would be infatuated over grinding is unreal its baffling really. Nevertheless I respect your opinion, now onto you points the 2,3,4 would be in the following dungeons Yeti,Lair, Nexus, Sogun, Necro, Masts and gloomdross thats it say a person did 5 out of the 7 quests lets do the math the trans stone be 2*5=10*7=70 thats 70 trans stones, 3*5=15*7 =105,4*5=20*7=140. Your calculation is wrong going by the upgrade guide you wouldn't have enough for true breeze weapon and accessories in a week, let alone this is just three of the mats needed to gear then there is gold, weapon/accessory, tablets, soul stones and dews as well all of which are not in great quantity so the claim of making max gear in a week is deceitful at best. Now with the flawed rationale of increasing everything by 2,000 (you won't catch me doing that let me use true breeze weapon as an example trans stone is 12*2000 is 24000 you get 70 a week 70/24000 is 342 weeks of farming, now to stinger 240*2000=480,000=3,428 weeks of farming to get that now to moonstones 90*2000= 180,000=1714 weeks thats just true breeze alone and that aint the dew or the gold factored in yet, that aint even the accessories. Your solution to amend the 2,3,4 plan would kill the game so fast its not even funny, I surmise you were trying to comical but what you did is fall on your face there is nothing rationale about that amount of grind. Also you said people don't want to work and trying to use the entitlement argument which does great disservice to that argument  but let me debunk this you see in order to receive to 2,3,4 reward one must complete daily to get it, it still involves work but the difference between mine and your way is my progress is apparent where yours take weeks to foster itself. Lastly you need to stop this delusion of the grind is the most appealing aspect of the game its not its the main thing killing this game, NA has spoken they hate the grind infact theres a forum post about whn people will quit this game QUIT this goes to show the level of displeasure here. Fact is BNS has two options aGet inline and get money or or die and fade into obscurity I don't need NCsoft, NCsoft needs me 

17 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Sir I can't fathom what to say to you, to think there was someone who would be infatuated over grinding is unreal its baffling really. Nevertheless I respect your opinion, now onto you points the 2,3,4 would be in the following dungeons Yeti,Lair, Nexus, Sogun, Necro, Masts and gloomdross thats it say a person did 5 out of the 7 quests lets do the math the trans stone be 2*5=10*7=70 thats 70 trans stones, 3*5=15*7 =105,4*5=20*7=140. Your calculation is wrong going by the upgrade guide you wouldn't have enough for true breeze weapon and accessories in a week, let alone this is just three of the mats needed to gear then there is gold, weapon/accessory, tablets, soul stones and dews as well all of which are not in great quantity so the claim of making max gear in a week is deceitful at best. Now with the flawed rationale of increasing everything by 2,000 (you won't catch me doing that let me use true breeze weapon as an example trans stone is 12*2000 is 24000 you get 70 a week 70/24000 is 342 weeks of farming, now to stinger 240*2000=480,000=3,428 weeks of farming to get that now to moonstones 90*2000= 180,000=1714 weeks thats just true breeze alone and that aint the dew or the gold factored in yet, that aint even the accessories. Your solution to amend the 2,3,4 plan would kill the game so fast its not even funny, I surmise you were trying to comical but what you did is fall on your face there is nothing rationale about that amount of grind. Also you said people don't want to work and trying to use the entitlement argument which does great disservice to that argument  but let me debunk this you see in order to receive to 2,3,4 reward one must complete daily to get it, it still involves work but the difference between mine and your way is my progress is apparent where yours take weeks to foster itself. Lastly you need to stop this delusion of the grind is the most appealing aspect of the game its not its the main thing killing this game, NA has spoken they hate the grind infact theres a forum post about whn people will quit this game QUIT this goes to show the level of displeasure here. Fact is BNS has two options aGet inline and get money or or die and fade into obscurity I don't need NCsoft, NCsoft needs me 

They dont the need you you don't spend money lol 

Just cause a few people come to the forums and cry it don't speak for the community 

Personally I think the grind is perfect with the mix of events and nebula stones it has been nice leveling 

Just because your too lazy to farm or craft what you need in the little time you play dose not mean it's too much lol passing out trans stones like candy thru questing would only fully destroy what's left of a dismal craft market 

You know of you spent less time here crying and more time farming you would probably be able to upgrade 

They dont the need you you don't spend money lol (Umm yes they do they need people to give them money unless BNS earns money a different way then nah they do)

Just cause a few people come to the forums and cry it don't speak for the community (You keep saying a few there are more negative than positive if what you're suggesting there are more positive than negative show me proof)

Personally I think the grind is perfect with the mix of events and nebula stones it has been nice leveling (Yeah we know you one sees nothing wrong with it but what about the myriad of others who have problems I guess in one breath I don't matter much but in another your view is all the rage)

Just because your too lazy to farm or craft what you need in the little time you play dose not mean it's too much lol passing out trans stones like candy thru questing would only fully destroy what's left of a dismal craft market (You did not address the blatant flaw in your previous argument and instead try to belittle me but the fact is you proposition would kill the game where as mine would attract new people, also on a side note my last point you did not address I am still waiting on a answer)

You know of you spent less time here crying and more time farming you would probably be able to upgrade (Instead of giving half hearted responses you can put effort to tell people why they should stay on this rng fest)

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

They dont the need you you don't spend money lol (Umm yes they do they need people to give them money unless BNS earns money a different way then nah they do)

Just cause a few people come to the forums and cry it don't speak for the community (You keep saying a few there are more negative than positive if what you're suggesting there are more positive than negative show me proof)

Personally I think the grind is perfect with the mix of events and nebula stones it has been nice leveling (Yeah we know you one sees nothing wrong with it but what about the myriad of others who have problems I guess in one breath I don't matter much but in another your view is all the rage)

Just because your too lazy to farm or craft what you need in the little time you play dose not mean it's too much lol passing out trans stones like candy thru questing would only fully destroy what's left of a dismal craft market (You did not address the blatant flaw in your previous argument and instead try to belittle me but the fact is you proposition would kill the game where as mine would attract ne people, also on a side note my last you did not address I am still waiting on a answer)

You know of you spent less time here crying and more time farming you would probably be able to upgrade (Instead of giving half hearted responses you can put effort to tell people why they should stay on this rng fest)

If you spent money you wouldn't complain about the grind so no you don't spend any 

Yea cause happy people come to forums to say how good it is no they don't there too busy enjoying the game lol 

I play the game so yea it's great 

You want the market flooded with free mats thru quests making them over abundant if you don't see how that's bad look at the rapidly declining price of stingers im not here to teach you ecenomics I also never said it would kill the game I said it would kill what is left of a crafting marked that they have already butchered 

If I have to tell people why they should play a game they shouldn't be playing it just saying 

17 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

If you spent money you wouldn't complain about the grind so no you don't spend any 

Yea cause happy people come to forums to say how good it is no they don't there too busy enjoying the game lol 

I play the game so yea it's great 

You want the market flooded with free mats thru quests making them over abundant if you don't see how that's bad look at the rapidly declining price of stingers im not here to teach you ecenomics I also never said it would kill the game I said it would kill what is left of a crafting marked that they have already butchered 

If I have to tell people why they should play a game they shouldn't be playing it just saying 

Point 1: I spend money on premium and outfits I will never spend money on gold never I have better things to do with my money.
Point 2: You're trying to be funny but you still haven't addressed my question and you try to makeup for your lack of evidence by using humor it fails.
Point 3: I really don't care for your opinion it isn't a fact and facts don't care about your feelings.
Point 4: It seems to me you're focused only on yourself and not the well being of the community when I say let the mats be more available to help people you worry your money train will disappear, that my sir is the text book definition of selfish. 
Point 5: You dodged the point again because you can't list off good points about the game can you? 

5 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Point 1: I spend money on premium and outfits I will never spend money on gold never I have better things to do with my money.
Point 2: You're trying to be funny but you still haven't addressed my question and you try to makeup for your lack of evidence by using humor it fails.
Point 3: I really don't care for your opinion it isn't a fact and facts don't care about your feelings.
Point 4: It seems to me you're focused only on yourself and not the well being of the community when I say let the mats be more available to help people you worry your money train will disappear, that my sir is the text book definition of selfish. 
Point 5: You dodged the point again because you can't list off good points about the game can you? 

I've not once bought gold lol 

Funny? No its a fact happy people are playing the game and putting there time to good use instead of crying on the forums just like me when I play I don't look here only when I'm working am I reading here

Just because you and a few others don't like something that dose not make it facts lol I mean I can say they all quit cause there lazy and pretty much would be fact cause they were playing a mmo and didn't wanna farm # logic and don't worry I have no feelings 

My money train? No people put time into leveling crafting and farming recipes and craft mats to make this stuff and you wanna take away there hard work cause you don't want to do it yourself or buy what they charge you want it handed for free 

Or next to nothing 

I don't craft them so no I'm not selfish lol 

Dodge it nope everyone plays a game for there own reasons being they like grind they like gfxs or friends or whatever the reason if you don't find what  your playing fun nothing I tell you will change that it's not my job to figure it out for you 

23 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

1. What reasons are the game dying for? (if you don't believe the game is dying tell me why)
2. With the lack of new people joining and bad mouthing the game what can we do to change their minds or what can NCsoft do?
3. Is the game weapon upgrades to hard to obtain for a casual player Yes/No? Let me know

1. Tbh, I think it's the bots that's murdering this game. But we can't do much about it but wait and hope NCsoft is working extra hard on it.

2. If NcSoft had to change some ingame things, it would be to remove the event rewards at lower lvl dungeons (Narrows + Exiles). 

╮(─▽─)╭ meh what can I say? I kinda feel bad when a HM 8 just rushes and burns the newbies. Then I'd get burned too because I'm killing the adds that are attacking the newbies. But I'd be hella mad if it was me gearing up.

3. Ya it's hard. But i know I'll feel good when I hit my 550ap mark (420 atm)

\(^o^)/

I've not once bought gold lol (Never said you did btw stop using lol so much its creppy)

Funny? No its a fact happy people are playing the game and putting there time to good use instead of crying on the forums just like me when I play I don't look here only when I'm working am I reading here (again no evidence but your belief that more people farming like you did when they're not but nice delusions unattainable dreams are the best kind)

Just because you and a few others don't like something that dose not make it facts lol I mean I can say they all quit cause there lazy and pretty much would be fact cause they were playing a mmo and didn't wanna farm # logic and don't worry I have no feelings (A few everyday I come on I see negative what is your definition of alot not that I care but for reference, and no you don't know them so you can't call them lazy you only have a flawed preconception)

My money train? No people put time into leveling crafting and farming recipes and craft mats to make this stuff and you wanna take away there hard work cause you don't want to do it yourself or buy what they charge you want it handed for free (Srry but your hard farming don't bring people in to pay money your way doesn't make NCsoft money my way brings in more people which makes money for them its a hard pill to swallow but its the truth so I could care less about your grind it don't pay the bills)

Or next to nothing (No its not next to nothing its just alittle easier) 

I don't craft them so no I'm not selfish lol (Still using humor to dodge facts whatever)

Dodge it nope everyone plays a game for there own reasons being they like grind they like gfxs or friends or whatever the reason if you don't find what  your playing fun nothing I tell you will change that it's not my job to figure it out for you (No but it is your job to defend this foolishness tooth and nail)

52 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

im not here to teach you ecenomics

You hardly can do math you have no right to use that phrase even as a joke.

No the game is not dying- And no what kind of " suggestion " is this to give 2.3.4 in dungeons. that has to be one of the lamest suggestion i have seen on this forum at least, why cant they hand out premium transformation stones for people who upgraded to legendary for free? should be fair

right Crimson?

i like this game alot at least, i love the farming and the dungeons/events. i just hope they will soon remove pointless threads like this from this forum for once..

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

mostly negative thread topics

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/984270/

mostly negative thread topics.

people like to complain, happy people don't take the time to post, especially when there's a decreased sense of community in the mmorpg nowadays with dungeon lfg and such, people rarely socialize outside of their own guild/server faction

i am actually more surprised that people who complain are still here, i mean i would expect people who hate the game so much to stop posting and just leave but nope, the same people post the same shit or new shit they are unhappy about over and over again.

if you take the time to search posts by users, you'll see that most whiny people ONLY post negative shit on the forums, and pretty much never contribute positively, so i think it's a personality kinda thing.

as for people leaving the game, it's not like we have any real evidence of it other than purely anecdotal ones, I still find lots of low levels leveling up everday so either everyone are still playing just on alts or there's new people joining the game.

either way, people leave games all the time, if this game is successful in one region but not another, then the only thing you can blame it on is that the people here arent well adjusted to these types of games. As a region port can't drastically change the game to our liking, the fact of the matter will be there are less people here that will enjoy it.

I mean, in east asia they eat animal innards and think its delicious, i think it's delicious too, but not everyone in NA can accept that kind of flavor. It doesn't mean that the food sucks, just that people here aren't into intestines livers kidneys and brains etc.

in short, what can you do to change people from leaving the game? nothing, if they dont like the game, because we can't change it. If you prefer pizza over shark fin soup then eat pizza and stop asking what can shark fin soup change about itself to suit your tastes.

weapon upgrade, no not really

i mean, legendary weapons are meant to be legendary, not everyone has to have it.'

did you get warglaives of azzinoth back in the days? i didn't because i am not a hardcore raider.

outside of that, i have enough AP to do 6 mans for everything in the game without spending a dime and being fairly casual i've been at 550 ap for a while because i am saving up my mats since i think the last stream they did they told us to hold on to upgrade stuff for now as they have something exciting to announce, that and i've been spending all my gold on HMCs to get all the bikinis and outfits.

as for people wondering why other people don't like to bring low ap people into groups

its not because their ap is low

it's because of this 

kxUHgyI.jpg

2 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

No the game is not dying- And no what kind of " suggestion " is this to give 2.3.4 in dungeons. that has to be one of the lamest suggestion i have seen on this forum at least, why cant they hand out premium transformation stones for people who upgraded to legendary for free? should be fair

right Crimson?

i like this game alot at least, i love the farming and the dungeons/events. i just hope they will soon remove pointless threads like this from this forum for once..

I knew it was matter of time until you rear your head here listen I don't care for your drama but opn this post respect peoples opinions. With that being said you analogy was poorly thought out and makes no sense what so ever nobody is getting anything free they have to complete the quest but I guess completing it afew times isnt enough for ya'll you need them to do it 1000 times before you're satisfied. Get real the game is dying and you know it try think of a response with more enthusiasm next time

Archived