SSP is the most retarded thing I've ever seen in an MMO

Windbrand

4 hours ago, DattKidd said:

This entire post is just one side effect from the server merges.

SSP was VERY do-able without the server merges. People pushed for merges, now EVERYONE has to deal with the side effects, whether they wanted it or not.

I never liked the server merge, cause SSP literally carries new players from 420 AP till 500+ AP if done correctly. Now a new player MUST find a guild to help them gear up to even have a chance at SSP.. doesn't sound very cool to be at the mercy of other players before you can even play a very major part of the game, just my opinion anyway.

I'm not bashing NCsoft in anyway, what can they do. They give what the community ask for, whether its a good idea or not, ignoring the chance for these kinds of effects and boom, everyone suffers. 

The real thing is: I asked for merge, but not a merge in the way they did.

See, theres a difference when u merge my server Iksanun with Juwol, Yunwa, Junghado or any other small server. One small server with another small server gives a decent server. It's a lot different a server with 10k from one with 2k. I prob could do the same things I did, if I were merged with a small, instead of a giant server.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the server size and population is a problem in ssp. How many people can get in 1 channel? 50 max. maybe? Never saw that many in a single channel on our server. Now think about 2 channels and people complain about not enough channels -> that means the 2 channels aren't full. How many People are playing on one server now? Hundreds or even thousands? And only a small amount of them are really doing ssp. I don't see a reason why a big Sserver should have more problems there than a not so big server.

12 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

I don't think the server size and population is a problem in ssp. How many people can get in 1 channel? 50 max. maybe? Never saw that many in a single channel on our server. Now think about 2 channels and people complain about not enough channels -> that means the 2 channels aren't full. How many People are playing on one server now? Hundreds or even thousands? And only a small amount of them are really doing ssp. I don't see a reason why a big Sserver should have more problems there than a not so big server.

There are certainly more and better geared people in the SSP now than before the merge. Before the merge I did SSP with groups as small as 8-12 people following the rotation from Tower to Tower, preserving lives of every NPC, saving both drills etc. We had 2 channels.

In the prime time, maybe 20-25 people playing.

Now, the channels get flooded right before capture, and people follow crazy patterns. First off all, it is over 50, I am certain (I can get screenshots). Second most of them just stands around, never helping when you are dying there fighting off gunslingers trying to keep the drill alive. 

They do not communicate, and do not do the standard pattern North-South, and refer to the drills as right and left if at all. I have never seen anyone to call out the monsters on each drill, and very rarely calls for saving Konta and Chose. 

Finally, they tend to pull the NPCs in the middle, thus you can only kill one of the two instead of rotating between the turrets. In addition it aggro the terrors and people won't res you after even if you get the chest to drop. 

Oh, yeah, they would also call for Heuk in the middle of the mining cycle on a channel killing it before the mining is finished.

And the Grindtooth is just no go. I've spent two hours today mining through the entire rotation (getting in right after capture) and then... yeah, the best I got was 11 pp on the Grindtooth. And when they call for Terror farming, I never ever missed a credit before, but now all I get is 1 or 2 pp, and no box, because so many people run the hunt.

The first time i ever got a Grindtooth was when I was 480 AP. Now I can't get it with 540. 

I started rejecting endless party invites, so I don't buff other people, and it still doesn't help. 

2 hours ago, dklm said:

SSP is the best thing in the game for me.  So relaxing.  All you have to wait for are those bosses that drop keys, moonstones.  Then relax till they spawn again. So easy.

True story. Its relaxing. I dont need to do anything. If i hit them, i dont get reward. If i dont hit them, i dont get either. So peaceful.

1 hour ago, KzE said:

True story. Its relaxing. I dont need to do anything. If i hit them, i dont get reward. If i dont hit them, i dont get either. So peaceful.

Yes, and there are the rainbows,  the shooting stars, the fluffy grassquatches, and the grass whenever it renders. Pretty place, the SSP. I pick flowers there all the time.

Bottom line, NCS doesn't care about how well the game is designed. Good SSP design = more moonstones for players = less $$$ spent in cash shop from frustrated players. They'd sooner give out free premium than fix SSP.

All the whales feeding the troll should think about that for a moment. This is a company that feeds on the frustration of players. The more frustrated and pissed off players are, the more money their pockets suck in. "Our retarded game design is made possible thanks to our generous whales".

1 hour ago, Windbrand said:

Bottom line, NCS doesn't care about how well the game is designed. Good SSP design = more moonstones for players = less $$$ spent in cash shop from frustrated players. They'd sooner give out free premium than fix SSP.

All the whales feeding the troll should think about that for a moment. This is a company that feeds on the frustration of players. The more frustrated and pissed off players are, the more money their pockets suck in. "Our retarded game design is made possible thanks to our generous whales".

Yea cause they added moonstones to floor 14 and 15 and added the flowers to gloom and mast for the whales 

Again ssp issues is 100% the players fault you all are the ones cramming yourselves like cricketing sardines into 2 channels you reap what you sow my friend 

You fix the community from trying to flex there epeens then your ssp issues will be fixed 

Stop blaming nc for the people's actions 

22 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

Again ssp issues is 100% the players fault you all are the ones cramming yourselves like cricketing sardines into 2 channels you reap what you sow my friend 

Players exploit the loopholes left by the developer. If you read the Floating Island design, it is set up specifically to shut off those loopholes and stop the exploits. It also have a guaranteed key drop. Not making the same adjustments to the SSP before NA release was what created the problem in the first place, and then it was magnified when the servers merged. They have seen the same in Korea, I bet you anything, and that is why on the going forward basis, the zone is designed with absolutely NO channel surf, hard channel cap and guaranteed minimal amount of loot if you do the fighting.

The flaws are in the design, and humans are only humans.

Yes, the NC Soft added the new way to obtain the Moonstones, but it is more appropriate for the players at Scorpio level of gear, not the Awakened OB level of gear in terms of accessibility. In addition, the NC Soft did not disclose in the description of the event that apart from the guaranteed 1 per drop of the seeds there is also a random chance to drop more. This made the event appear way less attractive than it actually is. I am really annoyed that it was not made clear, because 6 runs to get one chest is a very, very low reward for an event. :(

I am not even sure if the event is worth doing tbh, because I see the complaints that the chests are not really au par with the Daily Challenge rewards, and it takes a lot of efforts to farm one up, including learning a new dungeon.

10 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Players exploit the loopholes left by the developer. If you read the Floating Island design, it is set up specifically to shut off those loopholes and stop the exploits. It also have a guaranteed key drop. Not making the same adjustments to the SSP before NA release was what created the problem in the first place, and then it was magnified when the servers merged. They have seen the same in Korea, I bet you anything, and that is why on the going forward basis, the zone is designed with absolutely NO channel surf, hard channel cap and guaranteed minimal amount of loot if you do the fighting.

The flaws are in the design, and humans are only humans.

Yes, the NC Soft added the new way to obtain the Moonstones, but it is more appropriate for the players at Scorpio level of gear, not the Awakened OB level of gear in terms of accessibility. In addition, the NC Soft did not disclose in the description of the event that apart from the guaranteed 1 per drop of the seeds there is also a random chance to drop more. This made the event appear way less attractive than it actually is. I am really annoyed that it was not made clear, because 6 runs to get one chest is a very, very low reward for an event. :(

I am not even sure if the event is worth doing tbh, because I see the complaints that the chests are not really au par with the Daily Challenge rewards, and it takes a lot of efforts to farm one up, including learning a new dungeon.

Just because it's there dose not mean people need to exploit it they choose to 

It's a simple fact if people were not exploiting it there would be no need to complain about ssp because there would be more channels less lag and more stones in circulation 

But people would rather flex there epeens and fill channels it's 100% the players fault even though the design has flaws 

8 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

But people would rather flex there epeens and fill channels it's 100% the players fault even though the design has flaws

Yes, I am sure, the honor-based system is the way to go. We have so many community-minded players around.... I should have more faith in humanity that plays MMOs.  That guy from my own faction that trailed my toon after I cleared the mobs up to steal my meteorite the moment I needed to heal and said: "Lol" in chat will grow conscience any day now, and will send those 5 soulstones back in the mail. Except next time that happens, I think, I'd rather walk in the opposite direction and let a terror kill my toon so nobody gets it.

I have to say that playing MMOs was quite an eye-opening experience for me, because the anonymity is an equivalent of booze in taking the restraints off and making people act exactly the way they would act if the society did not demand accountability. Playing MMOs is like going back in times, as if the last 50-100 years did not happen.

Windbrand, while I agree that the SSP's design is flawed, and that it should have fixed prior to the NA release, I actually feel that the NC Soft West is actually working towards the problems that come to light in the Western version.

Also, one thing about the BnS is being less player-cooperative than the previous games, and more player-competitive, it might be because the games that were relying too strongly on everything being done with a party started to fail. Logistically, and emotionally, it is easier to play the games where you do not depend on the presence of other 3+ players on line.

After all is said is done, however, the most successful strategy for playing BnS is playing it with a set group of people who have each-other's back. I don't know if you have noticed that, but I see that I am pretty much the only female talking about playing experiences openly that plays without her mate. Natural partnerships like that are very, very helpful.

Game PVE only optimized for range classes, not balanced, outdated quest line and dungeons, 95% of "open world" is useless, grind same dungeon, upgrade same gear path. Nothing to do. 

This is why I went back to play the best MMO, Alienware.  ;^)

jk i'm still grinding my ass off for that legendary and monies to buy more costumes with boobie physics /please

It is funny and very sad at the same time when watching those three devs talking. Bodylanguage says it all: They are always looking at eachother like "I hope i dont say anything wrong or too much", "Please help me", "Is it over yet?" they are obviously feeling uncomfortable in their own skin. When you sure of yourself, you talk to the camera, to the viewers not to your accomplice.

i'll try my best to answer question in this thread and few tips especially for ranged class.

ID : Lit Fiana

Server : Taywong

Class : FM

AP : 650++

Clan : Eris

How i do SSP

1. if you a normal player(not pro player) or have low ping don't farm soulstone (Prestige Point) in ssp since you will die often. my advice farm only moonstone, you can buy 1000 soulstone with just 200g, you can sell 100 moonstone for 300g-350g

2. chest from wild terror have really low chance to get key. don't bother to do it unless you really have free time.

3. when suljun spawn, start attack with V(Fire) and then spam 2 lmb 2 lmb... why? since my ping reach 350-450  when fight, lmb rmb 2 is out of question. so in ssp i only spam 2 skill. find your own rotation, before this sometimes i don't get credit from suljun.

4. when fight againts terror, always keep your distance between 6-8m don't go above 10m you will get grabed and punish hard.

5. terror red AOE attack is cancer? yes it is. but you can predict when terror will AOE, a. after he grabed, grounded, or knock down.. use iframe(V ice for FM) for tab ice. b. when his hp reach 90% c. when his hp reach 50%. prepare to iframe.

6. when fight againts boar, after his 1st charge he will cast small aoe attack... this is where you V(fire) or cast skill while he not move, and use you're skill rotation with shortest, easiest, not consume focus, and easy to cast... r 2 r 2 r 2 (for me, find your own rotation for ssp, especially for high ping).

hmmm, what else?

7. always switch ch after boar dead maybe you can get 4 min before boar, or cap phase

8. never expect more than 2 keys in 1 mining phase, 1 from suljun 1 from boar. high expectation will only hurt your heart.

9. what i should do when grabed by terror? first of all dont panic and ss, you will only get grabbed again.. walk away slowly, and dont leave his 6-8 meter, you will get grabed again, until he reset. :3

10. if you die, and you know you won't get chest. press 4 and don't rage quit. like i said before don't go to ssp to hunt PP unless you really have skill.

11. you can get ss from daily quest, be patience, you will get hunderds in few days. that will be enough for upgrade.

12. when add boss after terror is not grass monster, run to other mining if you lucky you will find grass monster there.

13. i usually not fight crimson captain, only suljun,terror and boar..

14. farming ssp will be fun if you do something else and you have dual monitor, when you wait terror to come (15 min each) you can do other stuff, write essay, homework. it'll less tiring than watch spp all day. and try to chat in faction group instead being silence all time.

15. yesterday (sunday) i get 101 moonstone and 12 key farming 8 hours or so. 3 hours morning, 2 hours evening, 3 hours at night.

16. don't forget to rest when you tired.

that all. :3

1 hour ago, Fiana said:

i'll try my best to answer question in this thread and few tips especially for ranged class.

How i do SSP

1. if you a normal player(not pro player) or have low ping don't farm soulstone (Prestige Point) in ssp since you will die often. my advice farm only moonstone, you can buy 1000 soulstone with just 200g, you can sell 100 moonstone for 300g-350g

2. chest from wild terror have really low chance to get key. don't bother to do it unless you really have free time.

3. when suljun spawn, start attack with V(Fire) and then spam 2 lmb 2 lmb... why? since my ping reach 350-450  when fight, lmb rmb 2 is out of question. so in ssp i only spam 2 skill. find your own rotation, before this sometimes i don't get credit from suljun.

4. when fight againts terror, always keep your distance between 6-8m don't go above 10m you will get grabed and punish hard.

5. terror red AOE attack is cancer? yes it is. but you can predict when terror will AOE, a. after he grabed, grounded, or knock down.. use iframe(V ice for FM) for tab ice. b. when his hp reach 90% c. when his hp reach 50%. prepare to iframe.

6. when fight againts boar, after his 1st charge he will cast small aoe attack... this is where you V(fire) or cast skill while he not move, and use you're skill rotation with shortest, easiest, not consume focus, and easy to cast... r 2 r 2 r 2 (for me, find your own rotation for ssp, especially for high ping).

hmmm, what else?

7. always switch ch after boar dead maybe you can get 4 min before boar, or cap phase

8. never expect more than 2 keys in 1 mining phase, 1 from suljun 1 from boar. high expectation will only hurt your heart.

9. what i should do when grabed by terror? first of all dont panic and ss, you will only get grabbed again.. walk away slowly, and dont leave his 6-8 meter, you will get grabed again, until he reset. :3

10. if you die, and you know you won't get chest. press 4 and don't rage quit. like i said before don't go to ssp to hunt PP unless you really have skill.

11. you can get ss from daily quest, be patience, you will get hunderds in few days. that will be enough for upgrade.

12. when add boss after terror is not grass monster, run to other mining if you lucky you will find grass monster there.

13. i usually not fight crimson captain, only suljun,terror and boar..

14. farming ssp will be fun if you do something else and you have dual monitor, when you wait terror to come (15 min each) you can do other stuff, write essay, homework. it'll less tiring than watch spp all day. and try to chat in faction group instead being silence all time.

15. yesterday (sunday) i get 101 moonstone and 12 key farming 8 hours or so. 3 hours morning, 2 hours evening, 3 hours at night.

16. don't forget to rest when you tired.

that all. :3

Class: BM

AP: 650+

How i do SSP

1. Try to find a sin, kfm or warlock.

2. Either invite them or apply to their party.

3. If i'm successful to do so, do the regular killing routine for PP. If not, just kill for the daily quest.

4. If i am not in a party where i can get soulburn when boar is about to spawn, just give up. If there is a warlock that can give me soulburn pray to god that there won't be sudden lag spikes or extreme fps drops and find relatively emptier side.

6 hours ago, Fiana said:

How i do SSP

Server: Iksanun

Class Warlock and Summoner

AP: 523 and 547

How I do SSP:

1. Arrive on a channel. If it is in a pre-capture mode, or almost close to the end of Battle, stay in the channel and go do elites, hoping to get the capture quest.

2. If not, find a channel that calls for 'defense' . Arrive in the defense channel, see which wave it is, and if Konta and Chosu are alive.

3. If Konta/Chosu are alive, go look if the monsters are rampaging there. If they are no rampaging, go see how many people are whaling on the bosses in the mid.

4. If it's below 50 people, stay. Watch the Horde. Swap channels when the Horde comes. Do the main quest during the waves 1 and 2. Leave during the Wave 3 and find a dead channel for picking up bodies and meteroites.

5. Position on the tent to log in easily when someone calls for Heuk.

Do not waste time and nerves on doing Terror Hunts and Grindtooth. I never get credit on those.

EDIT: if I am on a Warlock, role-play a maiden in the war-camp of drunk soldiers. My flower, my soulburn is not for your dirty paws. So, don't even bother with your cat-calls and pinching my butt, you brutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived