Yeti Assassin Party Saver Guide - Who needs an FM anyway?

Nabzy

I created a YouTube guide for party saving using Party Decoy as Assassin in Avalanche Den for the yeti boss.

This guide uses annotations to explain the mechanics.

Please leave feedback in this forum or in the comments on the video. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice guide!
Now I can be useful at yeti with my sin.
Also, are you using win10, right? Because this game is optimized for win10 only (thanks NCSoft) so I can't iframe for shit in win8 (I want to install W10 but I heard some bad things about it being a botnet)

Thanks again for sharing this guide, I love it <3

Not bad for the guide, but here are few things I think:

1) Not everyone can get their hands on party decoy.

2)I think stunning and iframing his jump is more effective because, first you can't be sure that everyone will run to you to get the buff and secondly if you fail this part, you won't get wiped with stunning.

3)Its always better to clear some ice or get FM for freeze because:

3.1)These *cricket* servers are derping, Yeti sometimes do nothing and stand there while he should be doing cruxes so if you do iframes out of              reflexs you'll get screwed.

3.2)Fail one iframe and you get wiped. And that happens, servers over here are so unreliable that you can't be sure that you won't ping your iframe.

Overall it just takes practice to learn and time down iframes.

6 minutes ago, Rog said:

2)I think stunning and iframing his jump is more effective because, first you can't be sure that everyone will run to you to get the buff and secondly if you fail this part, you won't get wiped with stunning.

3.1)These *cricket* servers are derping, Yeti sometimes do nothing and stand there while he should be doing cruxes so if you do iframes out of              reflexs you'll get screwed.

3.2)Fail one iframe and you get wiped. And that happens, servers over here are so unreliable that you can't be sure that you won't ping your iframe.

Check and see what Yeti was hit with when he stops mid cruxes. More often than not it was a lock who chained him.

You don't actually need any FM, and don't even need to stop DPS at 33% of his HP.

After he spawn ice pools, the whole party just need to immediately step on the ice, reduce the number to 2-5, which is pretty much manageable by all classes. This works for all kind of settings, from 2-man to 6-man.

If you have a party saving skill, and your some of your buddies are unlucky frozen, just use that when yeti slams to save them.

You will lose like 10 seconds of DPS, in exchange of no needing for an FM.

8 hours ago, ManurhinMr73 said:

Nice guide!
Now I can be useful at yeti with my sin.
Also, are you using win10, right? Because this game is optimized for win10 only (thanks NCSoft) so I can't iframe for shit in win8 (I want to install W10 but I heard some bad things about it being a botnet)

Thanks again for sharing this guide, I love it <3

Before building my new PC, i played this game on Windows 8 without any problem aside from my GPU/Laptop under performing due to BnS's poor code optimization. 

Also, I am loving Windows 10 so far. I haven't had any problems with the operating system on my New PC. In my opinion I think it's worth the upgrade. I'm debating whether to leave my old laptop on Windows 8 or to upgrade since I have two machines in my house running Windows 10. 

8 hours ago, Rog said:

1) Party decoy only requires 2 points in it (you don't need Hongmoon Decoy - i just spec it for fun -- Read my description

2) This party does stun. When I say grab the heat buff, i'm referring to the heat buff he creates after you save the party from his slam. There's a pocket of heat below him right when hits the ground. 

3.1) Out of my 170+ yeti runs, this has only happened once. Not nearly frequent enough to worry about it.

3.2) Don't fail an iFrame :) The servers actually ARE pretty reliable. Perhaps it's your distance from the server or your net. Try using PingZapper or WTFast. They work wonders.

Thanks for the feedback.

3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You don't actually need any FM, and don't even need to stop DPS at 33% of his HP.

After he spawn ice pools, the whole party just need to immediately step on the ice, reduce the number to 2-5, which is pretty much manageable by all classes. This works for all kind of settings, from 2-man to 6-man.

If you have a party saving skill, and your some of your buddies are unlucky frozen, just use that when yeti slams to save them.

You will lose like 10 seconds of DPS, in exchange of no needing for an FM.

You can't afford to waste time not DPSing when 2 manning. A lot of times even with two 600+ AP members, you're racing to beat the timer. If one person doesn't grab heat or hits an ice pocket once, you might wipe due to that 10 seconds loss of DPS (This is coming from experience 2 manning on my FM)

Every sin *must* practice this before Q4: Ebondrake Citadel and Q#~: Hell Blast Furnace, where our and ONLY OUR (and Summoner) party save actually works against mechanics and everyone else's does nothing.

You only need Tier 3 Stage 2 which costs 2 points.

• Tier 3: Gives nearby party members Stealth Protection for 1.5 sec; Party members are resistant to damage, status effects for 1 attack while under protection
  • Tier 4: Heals stealthed party members 5% of their Health over 10 sec
  • Tier 5 (Hongmoon): Party members are resistant to damage, status effects from up to 1 attack on exiting Stealth
8 hours ago, Rog said:

3.1)These *cricket* servers are derping, Yeti sometimes do nothing and stand there while he should be doing cruxes so if you do iframes out of  reflexs you'll get screwed.

This isn't caused by the servers, it's caused by a Summoner, Warlock, or Force Master rooting Yeti while the aggro holder stands behind him.

23 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

This isn't caused by the servers, it's caused by a Summoner, Warlock, or Force Master rooting Yeti while the aggro holder stands behind him.

I have a Force Master main. How does Force Master "root?" Last I recall only Warlocks and Summoners could do this.

36 minutes ago, Nabzy said:

I have a Force Master main. How does Force Master "root?" Last I recall only Warlocks and Summoners could do this.

Freezing will trigger root:

• Getting hit with 3x Frost Orbs stacks 1 chill, 3 chills = freeze (though this realistically isn't possible during Ice Phase)
  • Frost Palm Tier 4 Stage 1: Stacks 1 chill on hit (no one should carry this in PvE though)
  • Backstep Tier 2: 5 meter radius freeze
  • Frost Armor Tier 3 Stage 2 (Ice Burst): 3 meter radius freeze on releasing Frost Armor
  • Dragonwhorl Tier 3 Stage 3 (Glacial Beam): Single target freeze (although no one uses this during Ice Phase)

I have seen Force Masters and no Summoner/Warlock present in the party, and Yeti just randomly stops with icicles hanging on his feet.

11 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Freezing will trigger root:

• Getting hit with 3x Frost Orbs stacks 1 chill, 3 chills = freeze (though this realistically isn't possible during Ice Phase)
  • Frost Palm Tier 4 Stage 1: Stacks 1 chill on hit (no one should carry this in PvE though)
  • Backstep Tier 2: 5 meter radius freeze
  • Frost Armor Tier 3 Stage 2 (Ice Burst): 3 meter radius freeze on releasing Frost Armor
  • Dragonwhorl Tier 3 Stage 3 (Glacial Beam) (although no one uses this during Ice Phase)

I have seen only Force Masters and no Summoner/Warlock present in the party, and Yeti just randomly stops with icicles hanging on his feet.

Thanks. I didn't realize freezing was considered a root and would cause this reaction from the yeti. I don't run chill RMB nor do I usually ever attack during Cruxes on my FM, so I wouldn't normally encounter the freeze myself. 

I would imagine this mostly occurs when force masters use their TAB when there are 3 Cruxes left to activate their V if they are within range of the yeti with the 15m Tab specced. 

2 hours ago, Nabzy said:

You can't afford to waste time not DPSing when 2 manning. A lot of times even with two 600+ AP members, you're racing to beat the timer. If one person doesn't grab heat or hits an ice pocket once, you might wipe due to that 10 seconds loss of DPS (This is coming from experience 2 manning on my FM)

I already 2man Yeti with 570AP WL and 580AP KFM.

FM's ice overall is just an easy card, useful but unnecessary. Every class in game can iframe 6 Yeti aoe. The only key to survive ice phase when lack of manpower is to step on ice as soon as it drop, then prepare to iframe the rest.

4 hours ago, Ganhur said:

I already 2man Yeti with 570AP WL and 580AP KFM.

FM's ice overall is just an easy card, useful but unnecessary. Every class in game can iframe 6 Yeti aoe. The only key to survive ice phase when lack of manpower is to step on ice as soon as it drop, then prepare to iframe the rest.

Not all 2 man parties have both blue buff and soul burn :P . I usually 2 man without either of those two while I'm on my FM, so I'm racing the enrage timer. 

4 hours ago, Hmmmmmm said:

Teach me how to do it on a destroyer please.

I don't play destroyer, but I looked it up for you. Here's the rotation for 6:

Q -> E -> SS -> 1 -> 2 -> C

I also found a rotation for 8. I don't know if this works...

SS -> 1 -> C -> E (2 cruxses) -> Q -> 2 -> SS

Here's the 6 in action: 

You can see he steps on two ice patches at once to make sure he only has to iFrame 6 in the video. 

5 hours ago, Eneraia said:

Win10 is more of a bugnet... You can disable pretty much every "stalker" option in win10. Just auto windows updates you are stuck with... Thanks for the guide!

I like it :) No problems on my Win 10

As an FM, I thank you a billion times over for for this. For me at least, it's really hard to hit the Yeti on the second jump - especially if I've been KB or forced to dodge first.  Yet there is a heavy expectation that I will save the party, and if I don't I must be a "noob". If I were that great at it, I'd be applying to the private party or doing 4-man. I choose to do the cross-server because I need a party where we share responsibility, and there's plenty of safety net.

Ironically, the lower the level, the bigger the assertion I must be a noob if I don't save them. Tonight was especially frustrating because multiple HM1s kept trying to join Yeti. I'm not going to carry those parties -- not because I'm mean-spirited, but because I may not be able to, and I don't want to hear everyone blaming me for it. Tonight I gave up on finishing Daily Challenge, even though it's the first one I would have been able to complete since the new patch, and I need the rewards, because I couldn't get a party at equal responsibility levels in over *2 hours*. It was even more irksome that I can't leave a party while the HM1s who start them wait for it to fill...with other HM1s.

The rest of the party is going to be just as grumpy when people leave party as soon as they enter the dungeon: there should be a way to leave as soon as it's clear the party isn't going to work. Better yet, it would be good to be able to set level parameters for the party you will join (bottom limit 1 or 2 levels below your own to prevent you from leeching).

Anyway, thanks for taking the unfair pressure off the FMs. Hopefully that dungeon will be less full of "toxic personalities" as a result.

9 minutes ago, tandava said:

Anyway, thanks for taking the unfair pressure off the FMs. Hopefully that dungeon will be less full of "toxic personalities" as a result.

I feel like the game will only be more toxic from now on since people expect others to know exactly what to do on the first run of each dungeon.

Just now, Lunakitty said:

I feel like the game will only be more toxic from now on since people expect others to know exactly what to do on the first run of each dungeon.

That's why I haven't tried any dungeon above Yeti, and I don't do 4-mans at all, though I'm playing for the costumes. I'll just wait for them to trickle down somehow. :(

Skill is also a matter of practice as well as knowing what to do. Technically I know what to do for Necropolis, but I avoid it because I still have trouble with the flight part, and I'm likely to be killed by the first post demons if defense is all on me. Dungeons work best when everyone is around the same level and helping each other along. IMHO, it's the Daily Challenge that created the pressures that molded the community in toxic ways.

3 minutes ago, tandava said:

That's why I haven't tried any dungeon above Yeti, and I don't do 4-mans at all, though I'm playing for the costumes. I'll just wait for them to trickle down somehow. :(

Skill is also a matter of practice as well as knowing what to do. Technically I know what to do for Necropolis, but I avoid it because I still have trouble with the flight part, and I'm likely to be killed by the first post demons if defense is all on me. Dungeons work best when everyone is around the same level and helping each other along. IMHO, it's the Daily Challenge that created the pressures that molded the community in toxic ways.

What AP are you at the moment? I would say you would just need to run the dungeons more to get more experience until you can do 4-mans. They aren't as scary as people would think but indeed it would be preferable to have friends to do them with so everyone can assist those who lack a bit with their game play and help them to get better.

491 or 2. I'm waiting for mats to drop in price a bit before my next upgrade, so my AP is probably below what's expected for my level. I wish I had more time to grind so I could just keep pushing HM levels. It looks like I'll only be able to get HM9 out of the hp event.

Just now, tandava said:

491 or 2. I'm waiting for mats to drop in price a bit before my next upgrade, so my AP is probably below what's expected for my level. I wish I had more time to grind so I could just keep pushing HM levels. It looks like I'll only be able to get HM9 out of the hp event.

Perfectly enough for 4-man yeti for example. After you learn the freezing mechanism it'll be super easy and people will gladly take you in party because most of them are scared to do dungeons without FM. I remember how one toxic scummoner was acting high and mighty rushing everything and then telling he won't stop DPS at 33 % because my friend pointed out his rushing and we didn't have FM. Luckily I am BD with lots of experience and HM skill so that worked just for my advance. :D Just for record I have done Asura and Nexus with no problems on my 494 AP summoner. ^^

I honestly could care less about an AP requirement, I'm pretty overgeared for it anyway. If I do fail to iframe, just stay calm and blame it on lag.

If its 6-man, the least everyone can do is take dragonblood. Doesn't cost much and literally everything gives naryu coins.

Archived