What is your favorite class and why?

SparklingSoap

Just now, 882184_1452550488 said:

KFM - cause i love tanking on other mmos , thats why i went with kfm :p

KFM is tanking in PvE? Are they any good in PvP? Sorry i only started playing this game a couple of days ago. Been debating to myself whether to play KFM , LBD or destro.

Blade Master - Good tanking class and great aoe on monsters/bosses (Has a block skill for tanking).

KungFu Master- Good Tanking class with great resists and amplified damage (Has a block as well).

Blade Dancer-  Good secondary Tanking class, does massive amounts of damage and has tons of spins and knock ups for PVP.

Force Master - Really great ranged massive DPS on monsters and on players, great support class as well with numerous party skills for dungeons and PVP. They can also pull allies and enemies alike; can pull a downed ally to themselves and reduce chi recover time for that ally as well.

Warlock - Summons a thrall that helps out the player by pulling enemies to himself, you can also sacrifice the thrall for a great 10 second party buff (great for pvp and dungeons), Warlocks are wanted everywhere due to their 10 second party buff they get from sacrificing their thrall (they can also snare enemies in place)

Summoners - Great Secondary tanking class (because of the cat taunt), one of the easier classes to play and pick up on fairly well, does great damage and can snare enemies.

Assassin - One of the greatest PVP classes there is, you can nearly perma-stealth and just play like that all day long in PVE or PVP. Deals massive amounts of damage and can blind people with a flash-bang landmine (hurts in pvp because you can't see for at least 5 seconds).

Destroyer - Great secondary tanking class and Really high burst damage class as well, they're melee and can support people by picking them up if they're down and carrying them to safety, also can reduce CHI recover time on downed allies, they're spin to win and do a lot of damage.

2 minutes ago, TheRealGeorge said:

Blade Master - Good tanking class and great aoe on monsters/bosses (Has a block skill for tanking).

KungFu Master- Good Tanking class with great resists and amplified damage (Has a block as well).

Blade Dancer-  Good secondary Tanking class, does massive amounts of damage and has tons of spins and knock ups for PVP.

Force Master - Really great ranged massive DPS on monsters and on players, great support class as well with numerous party skills for dungeons and PVP.

Warlock - Summons a thrall that helps out the player by pulling enemies to himself, you can also sacrifice the thrall for a great 10 second party buff (great for pvp and dungeons), Warlocks are wanted everywhere due to their 10 second party buff they get from sacrificing their thrall (they can also snare enemies in place)

Summoners - Great Secondary tanking class (because of the cat taunt), one of the easier classes to play and pick up on fairly well, does great damage and can snare enemies.

Assassin - One of the greatest PVP classes there is, you can nearly perma-stealth and just play like that all day long in PVE or PVP. Deals massive amounts of damage and can blind people with a flash-bang landmine (hurts in pvp because you can't see for at least 5 seconds).

Destroyer - Great secondary tanking class and Really high burst damage class as well, they're melee and can support people by picking them up if they're down and carrying them to safety, also can reduce CHI recover time on downed allies, they're spin to win and do a lot of damage.

assassin and destroyer sounds fun, might try them out. thanks

Assassin because of their extreme versatility as the offensive jack-of-all-trades, with massive party support in offensive buff, the only class with stealth for solo and group, group protection, anti-projectile field, a decent boss restraint, and the only class with the ability to teleport people from miles away.

Of the five classes I play, Blade Dancer and Forcemaster are my favourites.

Blade Dancer because of all the nice air combos and other fun combat stuff.

Forcemaster because of the combination of high damage output and party support.

Force master has high damage and can easily survive dungeon bosses since 99% of boss attacks only hit melee people (really bad game design if you ask me), but it also means it's VERY BORING TO PLAY. Want to know what it's like playing FM in endgame dungeons where you don't attract any aggro due to a good tank?

Spam LMB/RMB + 2, repeat a couple of times, press 1 every 5 seconds or so. Press X and V every 45 seconds or so. The only "party skill" we have is frost sheathe which is used to save people's asses during one-hit mechanics, sort of a "5 seconds of invincibility for whole party" kind of thing.

There you go, entire FM rotation for dungeons. There's literally no skill involved whatsoever when you can literally stand in the same spot and just spam buttons and not even get hit once.

Of course, if there's no good tank or if the boss is an open-world one that moves around too much, then it gets more interesting as FM's, due to having zero defense, easily get one-hit KO'd by most moves if you don't run around fast enough.

40 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Force master has high damage and can easily survive dungeon bosses since 99% of boss attacks only hit melee people (really bad game design if you ask me), but it also means it's VERY BORING TO PLAY. Want to know what it's like playing FM in endgame dungeons where you don't attract any aggro due to a good tank?

High damage also means FMs are more likely to steal aggro, and 90%-95% of FMs will constantly kite the boss. Also have you even done Sundered Nexus? Any ranged class there is liable for getting their entire party killed.

16 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

High damage also means FMs are more likely to steal aggro, and 90%-95% of FMs will constantly kite the boss. Furthermore have you even done Sundered Nexus? Any ranged class there is liable for getting their entire party killed.

I'm talking about generic situations. Stuff like those non-terror ogres at SSP, any sub-50 dungeon boss, Necropolis scorpion queen, frozen lair scorpion queen/king, etc. And also, like I said, assuming there's a good tank that gets all the aggro. There are exceptions obviously like nexus, Yeti, and to some extent, Jinsoyun.

1 minute ago, Melodia said:

I'm talking about generic situations. Stuff like those non-terror ogres at SSP, any sub-50 dungeon boss, Necropolis scorpion queen, frozen lair scorpion queen/king, etc. And also, like I said, assuming there's a good tank that gets all the aggro.

You must have not gotten grabbed by Scorpion Queen then, hit by Lycan's lightning bolt, chased down by Tetralisk Queen, jumped by Bladescale Naga King, etc., because they all hit like a truck. Also how often do you even come across an actual tank that's good at holding aggro?

I have two main classes for both spectrums.

Blademaster: the high survive, quickfooted, lightning fast slashing professional of the blade

And Warlock: The one who taps into the nether realm for lost and ancient power.

Blademaster plays like a true pro if you know how they work. They dance around attacks and quick reflex their parries to catch and return incoming attacks. A good blademaster in a party needs to know how to draw aggro, how best to avoid or parry enemy attacks, and how to do their part in party dps. They are currently one of the strongest classes in the game, but require skill and timing to meet the quotas.

Warlock I originally played for the aesthetics. Floating mystical talismans, and their firework lazer light shows of skills they have did it for me. I always loved the lore of the warlock being an ancient lost art, and it holds a bit true in the game (the class is severely underplayed in my server). Its satisfying bombarding enemies with waves of spectral dragons, but they share two curses apparently for ranged class; you STAND (more emphasis on stand, its required to not move for most skills) there out of danger, and enemies reset a lot (especially in ow silverfrost). They lack i frames (only two, ss and z) so if you every NEED to use them, you have to be smart about it, like when yeti absorbs ice and starts aoe spamming, thrall, z, ss on the wave after z ends, soulburn as you ss, z again. They dont do as much damage as fm, nor as much survivability so it mostly comes down to if you like how the class looks and plays. If you want to do lots damage with lower ap, dragoncall vol 2 hm skill is a highly recommended, almost required. 

(They also have a proper block skill unlike fm, it absorbs all damage from non red attacks so its pretty good).

These are my favorite classes in the game.

54 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

You must have not gotten grabbed by Scorpion Queen then, hit by Lycan's lightning bolt, chased down by Tetralisk Queen, jumped by Bladescale Naga King, etc., because they all hit like a truck. Also how often do you even come across an actual tank that's good at holding aggro?

/facepalm

Why are you even arguing with me? Do you not understand the meaning of the words "generic situations" or the part where I said if there's no good tank or if the boss moves around too much, then it's actually not boring to play FM?  FM is the easiest class to play in group situations because you literally don't have to move an inch in the entire fight if you don't get aggro. Are you trying to argue FM is as difficult to play as melee classes or something? I don't get what you're trying to accomplish here.

Yes I have been chased by scorpion queen and jumped by just about every single boss in the game. Does it happen every single run? NO. Is FM so easy that it's boring and sleepy to play most of the time? YES. How often do I come across a good tank? Like uh... 90% of the time? Because 90% of my necro/lair/labyrinth/BSH/BSC runs are literally just standing in same spot?

I like Warlock and Force Master mainly because I have to think when I play them (gotta remember to block or run out of the way) but at the same time when I do damage it feels rewarding. Also the ranged attacks feel better since I'm lazy and don't want to have to run towards things in order to kill them.

For me it would be Blade Master, as i like to block/dodge Boss Mechanics while holding aggro, but i don't have a BM cuz it's not available for Lyn.

Instead i now run in circles around the boss while holding aggro with the Blade Cancer screwing up other melees in my party or in worst case play aggro pingpong with them... (Q/E have 18 sec CD + SS, everything other drops me out of draw stance)

Archived