defamation system

Shelly

So to add to that one thread of me venting about bad runs... Does anyone want a defame system/fame system or do you think Na/Eu can't have nice things and it'll get abused?  Someone in the thread made a point that people can get carried in yeti 4 man's, so a sign denoting that you're a seasoned runner, wouldn't help that much possibly. and I personally do not want a seaoned runners indicator because we should not promote first-timer allergies. Although in most MMORPGs, I think defaming isn't taken into too much consideration, but what are your thoughts? Oh. Maybe also clan defamation... but I see that being more abused. I honestly would like that though, cause I have no way to gauge what type of people the clan mates will be before joining. though, saying "abused" is a bit of a stretch since having defame doesn't hurt you. Just makes you look shady. 

No. We all have different playing ability, and good will, kindness, empathy and chill attitude are all but disappeared in the on-line communities. It's not even a snake pit of friends any more as in the late ninties. It is a conglomeration of aggravated individuals ready to bite other people's heads off at the smallest provocation and over things that should be laughed off by any reasonable person.

A wipe in a silly video game is not a reason to name-call another person. Externalizing the discontent that permeates the society via the on-line media is a form of soul cancer. You implement this feature, and in three days every person in the game that dares to group up will have the NOOB tag attached to him/her. There is a reason why on this forum, you can only upvote the post.

If you cannot have fun due to perceived imperfections of others, please find folks you like and trust to run the content with, or play single-player games. Social games expect that you accept others as they are and care about them. Hating the rest of the gaming population poisons the fun.

I am a white-haired old lady, so I only play the dungeons where I am over-geared, or go with people who know I am a terrible goof, or stay to the large-group game content where nobody cares how I not I-frame something from somewhere. I like my peace and other people more than I love the gear or killing a boss.

Well, most of what you guys said chalks it up to "we aren't responsible enough to have nice things". I honestly wouldn't think anyone would defame for such stupid reasons. Also, it is a defame/fame system, most of you would probably fluctuate around zero. I'm talking about straight up trash-talking assholes who kill people on purpose, people who afk-follow and do not contribute to party. I mean, in comparison to slow loading and not knowing party mechanics, this would be people's priority. But that's just me. 

Also, it may just be me, but when I don't know party mechanics, I actually would tell my party members that and sometimes there would be someone waiting for me to show me the way since I've already made it evident that I don't know shit. 

Though, it may not have been obvious, but people would only have 1 defame/fame a day or maybe even longer. So no one would waste it on something as trivial as what has been mentioned (but that's just me. :/)

Of course this system would get abused if clanmates try to gang up on one person and mass defame them, so this is kind of why I wanted clan defamation as well. 

But yeah, we probably cannot have nice things. Our moral compass is so low. 

But I thought this might be an okay addition in place of AP discrimination. 

What about a defame system if you're clearly afk, or not contributing in the dungeon? For example, a level 50 with 600+ AP who queues for a level 30 instance, and sees players levels 30-40 with low AP who, you know, obviously have lower AP because they're the level designated for the said instance? And then refuses to do anything like a tard and takes up space?

That, ^^^, would be nice.

12 hours ago, Shelly said:

But yeah, we probably cannot have nice things. Our moral compass is so low.

But it's not a nice thing by design. Having a button to say: "I don't like you" to another player is no different than simply typing in chat: "I don't like what you did, because ... ".  You have this option. You already have an option to add someone you really liked to your friend-list and try to strike a cooperation with this person.

Simple Buttons are replacement for communication, a refusal to listen, understand the other guy and simply take time to play together.  Buttons are fast to press, they express an immediate emotion and an immediate emotion before having a cool-down period is always stronger and exaggerates moles hills into mountains. I have played group PvP in another game, and I have seen the immediate emotional outbursts, and gods be good, I really do not want them to be captured, formalized and sanctioned by a gaming company as something that is acceptable for a player to express towards another person.

Yes, there are players that load into the game with malicious intentions, and for that the reporting function is available. However, the conflicts of ability or purposes in my view should not be fueled up by facilitating the "I HATE U" button.

6 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

But it's not a nice thing by design. Having a button to say: "I don't like you" to another player is no different than simply typing in chat: "I don't like what you did, because ... ".  You have this option. You already have an option to add someone you really liked to your friend-list and try to strike a cooperation with this person.

Simple Buttons are replacement for communication, a refusal to listen, understand the other guy and simply take time to play together.  Buttons are fast to press, they express an immediate emotion and an immediate emotion before having a cool-down period is always stronger and exaggerates moles hills into mountains. I have played group PvP in another game, and I have seen the immediate emotional outbursts, and gods be good, I really do not want them to be captured, formalized and sanctioned by a gaming company as something that is acceptable for a player to express towards another person.

Yes, there are players that load into the game with malicious intentions, and for that the reporting function is available. However, the conflicts of ability or purposes in my view should not be fueled up by facilitating the "I HATE U" button.

Once again, I am talking about blatant assholery. Of course you should dislike people who call you names and *cricket* at you. The purpose of a defame system is that so people can gauge as well as avoid these types of people in the game i.e. children. I don't have a problem with people who do not know mechanics or people who are slow. I have a problem with people who set up the firewall when you know the other party members are moving and people who harass other players with no real reason such as not knowing mechanics, being slow, having low AP. 

A defame system being present also allows people to actually try to explain themselves. I've asked countless times "why is no one picking up the guns at thrasher at bsh" No one ever says anything back. Like do you not know how to use the guns? Do you not know the purpose of the guns? I don't know what you don't know because you won't ever tell me. And I get that not everyone speaks english, but the amount of silence in this game when I ask what's going on is a lot. Sometimes I think I'm talking to myself. Thank god I have a cat or else people might think I'm crazy. Having a defame system might make people explain themselves more often in fear of being defamed. Maybe more people will tell me that it is their first time in the dungeon or if they're unsure of something. Because NO ONE ever does. One time I was at be ido at naryulab, and I asked who's bombing and who's tanking and who's doing the adds. And someone in the party was just like "shut up and start". And then he just started! x.x And I'm like the *cricket*. There ended up being no bomber for awhile until someone realized no one was bombing, and I tanked everything. e-e" 

The reason why I bring up our moral compass being low, is because most people would probably defame you for such actions as being slow and being unhelpful. I usually just do not care and give advice, unless it's a farm... which makes no sense why you would be in a farm if you didn't know any mechanics so that kind of irritates me. 

The game itself is already "not nice" by design since it promotes afk-followers, bid snipers, and bots to be able to participate with other players. Since it doesn't really feel like a kick function will ever be available , a defame is another way to help avoid such people. Once again, a defame is harmless. You'll only end up looking shady. And once again, you'd only be able to defame once a day. So it most likely won't be used by most players or it will be used as "I *cricket*ing hate your ass, more than anybody else in this game". 

Also, about the friends list thing. This game is designed that you cannot really make cross server friends as you can't whisper them. I think possibly you could mail them, but I don't have mailing function and most people don't either. So I can't contact cross server friends. 

To the reporting function being available, I'm pretty sure ncsoft does not ban people for saying mean words and harassing others, because it's hard to find proof of harassment. So i'd like to avoid them from ruining a good day of playing. 

I personally wouldn't think we needed a defame system if they increased our block list. I've blocked so many bid snippers, firewall starters (that are not by accident), afk-followers, rude people. 

I do not want to run with dead weight. There is no rational reason for me to ask them "why are you not participating in this dungeon" and get an actually reasonable response. There should be no reason you are standing afk at the entrance of the dungeon if you queued for this dungeon. 

the problem with that idea is that there is a 99% chance that people will defame for the sake of it. Go to Jadestone Village and defame unknowing lvl 14 for no apparent reason, just for "lol I defamed him, noob "- the sake of it.

It's sad that online games have come to this, especially since age borders can be bypassed ever so easily by putting in a wrong birthdate. People don't respect each other anymore, let alone let them mind their own business, it's just memememememe and pressing buttons to feel powerful on the web ( simply because people don't have such power in real life). So a harmless and kind person would end up being defamed because he/she took their time to guide a first seasoner through a dungeon. Guilds would be defamed because one single member may have been too slow in a party.

You see the problem? The game already has enough issues, adding a free douchebag option keeps players away, especially if a clan decides to gank up on a former member for example. Nobody will want that member in their party. It's pretty much bullying, a free cyberbully feature for people with no morals or responsible thinking.

Of course mature people wouldn't use such a feature without a reason. To me it goes without saying that I won't use such a function unless something severe happened. I'm a calm character who doesn't mind spending an hour in poh6 just to explain patterns and redo bosses until the newbies in my party figured it out. That's what I play for.

But the majority of players is not in the same latter, like mentioned above. The suggestion is fine but it needs proper reworking.

__________EDIT__________

I'd suggest to make it an option for clan level 5+ and player level 45+only.

Just like defamation, there should be an opposite feature where players can rate guilds/ clan members. People below Member rank shouldn't be allowed to rate another Clan, also no faction rating ( for example, bloos defamate a crimson clan because they got rekt by reds).

Clan members can't rate/ defamate their own Clan.

There should be a notification of a deranking/promotion.

= avoids random defamation, the player has to be the member of a Clan, his rating will be visible to every other member in Clan chat.

__off- topic__

= add a report button for players who use inappropiate language towards others. Many games have it. Flaming others should result in a temporary ban.  Nobody should suffer because of immature pricks.

= add short commands as in Tera or add a language short in chat so that people know the other members nation

for example SuchLyn [GB] // Assaking[FR] just like in Arena. Would be easier to find a language to use for the silentios. ( <- I made that up)

On 25/05/2016 at 11:38 AM, Shelly said:

So to add to that one thread of me venting about bad runs... Does anyone want a defame system/fame system or do you think Na/Eu can't have nice things and it'll get abused?  Someone in the thread made a point that people can get carried in yeti 4 man's, so a sign denoting that you're a seasoned runner, wouldn't help that much possibly. and I personally do not want a seaoned runners indicator because we should not promote first-timer allergies. Although in most MMORPGs, I think defaming isn't taken into too much consideration, but what are your thoughts? Oh. Maybe also clan defamation... but I see that being more abused. I honestly would like that though, cause I have no way to gauge what type of people the clan mates will be before joining. though, saying "abused" is a bit of a stretch since having defame doesn't hurt you. Just makes you look shady. 

I think the type of system they should add in is at the end of a run you pick out of who in the run was the most helpful and helped. If everyone is helpful you tick everyone, if only one person was helpful you tick one. This then racks up as points next to the characters name. FFXIV has a similar system to this which is handy. This will show players who are extremely helpful in runs, and others who aren't. It'll also give an idea of if the person has ever run the dungeon before or given any help. That way you can notice them and help them out as-well. There will always be toxic people who will be along the lines of "You have no points, therefore you are worthless and not needed", but make them appear once inside the dungeon. If everyone has a decent amount of points for the dungeon it means they know what they are doing and do not have to be told what to do. Make it just a fame system. Obviously someone with no fame would be a bad player or they do not know what to do. People should be aware they do not know what to do so they should say. People may call out on this, but there are PLENTY of players who are willing to help these people out and run the dungeon.

Every single Yeti run I go into I stand at the start and say the following:

No Knock downs

No Knock backs
No Mounts with cat (If summoner is in the party)
DO NOT use the flowers
Stand on the first set of ice
If you have agro, avoid the grab at all costs. If you do not avoid the grab please type HERE! so people can see you.

So far I've only had 2 people who have complained about me being bossy, but I honestly don't care. Also the people who do not listen end up being the ones that die at the end. 

I love teaching new players and have been thanked by many, however if you are a 50HM8 player I expect you to know the dungeon, so I tend to not ask if you are new to it or not. If people spoke up that'd be really nice.

Another system they could add is to see the achievements people have for the dungeon... though there is no 6man yeti achievement. Though.. if I'm honest I'd like a dungeon counter to tell me how many times I have run a dungeon... that'd be a very nice feature. I'd like to calculate the time I've put into each drop / how many runs I've done etc. Overall account hour timer would be nice too.

Also, as much as I hate to add this to the thread for later content I am hoping the English speaking players do not get partnered up with the German and French players. I love playing with them, do not get me wrong. Communication is key for the later stage dungeons and if they cannot speak English or little to no English it is going to be extremely difficult (I have already had this happen plenty of times) Please prioritise partnering English people with English and German people with German, for example.

Also Chikki mentioned something along the lines of a report system.. this is long overdue. I like the fact we can report spammers and bots, however having a Report - Choose option (Inappropriate behaviour, Scamming/Hacking/Exploiting, Spamming, Bot, Harassment, Other) along with a little note box for 15 chars and more would be EXTREMELY helpful. I have mentioned this in other threads previously.

I understand you folks do not want to play with the players like me (the previous poster's instructions leave me completely at a loss, because I have no idea which flower and which ice & I am already afraid of this dungeon because all I seem to do is to press LMB/RMB, as all my other skills are prohibited to use), and have legitimate reasons to be frustrated. I believe that finding a static group is a far better solution than building a tool to rate the entire population of the game and label everyone.  I've played with the system that brought up a score-board after every warzone, and we saw the stats, and MVP'd each other. I've like MVP'ing folks, and sure like receiving the MVPs as well. However, the only time those MVPs showed up for other people was in the rated content, when the person was actually competing, and you could look it up on the Leaderboards.

In just the regular content, it was a fleeting thing, and nobody made a big deal out of it.

I understand your frustration with a run not going smoothly because you did not like another player. Being a part of a static group or even playing with just a few friends, and the rest of the group being pugs in my experience is the best remedy, which does not involve arbitrary labeling the entire player base. Even in PvP, ELO only lasts one month, and the engagements are anonymous in lower brackets.

Getting a permanently low record as a terribad is going to be soul-crushing, and if we already have a tremendous shortage of fun in this game as is, because it is so mercantile in its structure. For me, everything is a struggle already, and having to bear an additional burden of the other players' harsh judgment particularly in the content that I hate with a passion, and only do because the game forces me to will be it. I am already terrified of the DPS meters.

Guys, you would not believe how much the dungeons poison this game for me. Those terrifying jumps in BSH, the 'just follow the road' in Necropolis, Naryu Labyrinth of endless unclearness, and yeti that makes me feel completely useless - all of those things make me die a little inside every time I decide to do the daily challenge. Gods, if only the 24M areas were not dead, I promise, I'd never set my foot in the 6M. You, guys, look for achievemnts and stats, I just want it to be over with.

I would like an ebay rating type system, and an AFK counter that people can vote on, so if you're being a jackass and keep AFKING in dungeons then people can view that count on your profile and know not to run with you.  It should deter people from AFKing.  And a general rating like ebay or amazon for your behaviour thats all.  Dont really care about the skill rankings or whatever defamation systems you guys talk about.

So generally if you're an ass people will know about it, that should stop the leechers, abusers, and the loudmouth rotten tomatoes.

41 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I understand you folks do not want to play with the players like me (the previous poster's instructions leave me completely at a loss, because I have no idea which flower and which ice & I am already afraid of this dungeon because all I seem to do is to press LMB/RMB, as all my other skills are prohibited to use), and have legitimate reasons to be frustrated. I believe that finding a static group is a far better solution than building a tool to rate the entire population of the game and label everyone.  I've played with the system that brought up a score-board after every warzone, and we saw the stats, and MVP'd each other. I've like MVP'ing folks, and sure like receiving the MVPs as well. However, the only time those MVPs showed up for other people was in the rated content, when the person was actually competing, and you could look it up on the Leaderboards.

In just the regular content, it was a fleeting thing, and nobody made a big deal out of it.

I understand your frustration with a run not going smoothly because you did not like another player. Being a part of a static group or even playing with just a few friends, and the rest of the group being pugs in my experience is the best remedy, which does not involve arbitrary labeling the entire player base. Even in PvP, ELO only lasts one month, and the engagements are anonymous in lower brackets.

Getting a permanently low record as a terribad is going to be soul-crushing, and if we already have a tremendous shortage of fun in this game as is, because it is so mercantile in its structure. For me, everything is a struggle already, and having to bear an additional burden of the other players' harsh judgment particularly in the content that I hate with a passion, and only do because the game forces me to will be it. I am already terrified of the DPS meters.

Guys, you would not believe how much the dungeons poison this game for me. Those terrifying jumps in BSH, the 'just follow the road' in Necropolis, Naryu Labyrinth of endless unclearness, and yeti that makes me feel completely useless - all of those things make me die a little inside every time I decide to do the daily challenge. Gods, if only the 24M areas were not dead, I promise, I'd never set my foot in the 6M. You, guys, look for achievemnts and stats, I just want it to be over with.

With the instructions I did with Yeti, I say that at the beginning of the dungeon so if anyone has any questions they can then put them forth. If they don't ask "what flower are you on about?" etc. they are the ones who will die. If you do not know the dungeon mechanics I am willing to help you out and explain in much greater detail than the list of commands I stated above. There are 2 of 3 ways to do the dungeon, one involves losing a dragon blood. The one I mentioned above means not losing any and not dying at all if done correctly. I love playing with new people and teaching them dungeon mechanics for specific dungeons. If you have a question, ask. The problem is plenty of people don't say if they are new to the dungeon.. you may have a yeti soulshield piece but you may've not done the dungeon due to the fact they were in the Trove event.

I am one of the people who kill ALL of the mobs in the way in BSH (of the typical route) along with the same in Blackram Narrows. On Necro I am happy to help people murder the Hulking Hungry Ghost because he ate that dudes friends... lots of people however LOVE to rush through content. That is the problem with this region as a whole. They want all of the mega legendary equipment and they want it now.. with little to no effort involved.

I'd look at achievements to see if the player has ever done the dungeon before. That way I know they have done it and will not need to explain the mechanics and can rely on that person. If someone doesn't know the dungeon and has never done it then they can rely on me. I can't rely on you if you have no clue what you are doing and won't speak up about it. Sadly, as I mentioned lots of people want "600ap + Brain" in their parties, which you may have 600ap and a brain but they are specifically wanting knowledge of the dungeon.

I think a rate up feature on players like the facebooks like option for an example or heck this forums Reputation icon would be nice, make it for specific dungeons. If someone has reputation for that dungeon it shows they are helpful and help others (the person who received help could tick the helpful button on them. Do not have any buttons of negativity. Such as a thumbs down, that will be bad and won't help the environment at all.

My biggest issue in dungeons is that people do not speak, they don't communicate. What's the point in being a party where no one speaks. You then end up going in with no expectations and soloing a party play dungeon with 5 / 3 other people hitting the boss with you instead of knowing that the Summoner will use dandelion, the Warlock will buff at x time, the assassin will use smokescreen to run past mobs...

35 minutes ago, Kitah said:

My biggest issue in dungeons is that people do not speak, they don't communicate. What's the point in being a party where no one speaks. You then end up going in with no expectations and soloing a party play dungeon with 5 / 3 other people hitting the boss with you instead of knowing that the Summoner will use dandelion, the Warlock will buff at x time, the assassin will use smokescreen to run past mobs...

For me that would only be possible if the party was on voice and the raid leader was prompting through the mechanics. I catch some comments here and there and what is supposed to be done in that dungeon but it all goes so fast that  I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do things correctly. When people start saying what to do in which order on some cruxes or something, it's just too too much.

I don't see what's the tragedy with losing dragon bloods/dying as long as the boss thankfully goes down.

I have played that dungeon maybe 3 or 4 times, and the only thing I like is that at some point you throw snowballs. Unless it is that other one that looks similar to yeti. I just remember that in Yeti it disables you a million times, and you can't use any skills because it messes up with something. And that a Sin told me not to fight when a Sin fights a boss by whatever reason, I guess we can sneak through or whatever. Then, someone else said, no, you can use all your skills but only in some particular (mysterious times).

And I have a similar impression of all the dungeons.

BSH has those jumps, so I probably make everyone mad because I just go around.

Naryu has those dragon pulses that sometimes you can make it to, and sometimes by some reason - not, and it is long, really long. And somehow a Summoner is expected to off-tank all 3 adds with one cat (my abilities goes as far as to offtank one, offtanking three is beyond my comprehension). There supposed to be a human bomb with some colored circles, and I have never really been able to see that done because of everything that is going on, and it also has weird electrical wires or something.

In Necropolis you are supposed to follow the road which everyone can follow, except for me, so I stealth run through half this section and everyone hates me, I am sure.  Then someone says people have to kill Lycan together, but I only saw the variation when two people went to each post. Because I always get send to the Bloodscale, I have no idea what is going on anyway.

The East Fleet has those three mini-bosses that are not marked on the map, and thankfully other people always know where they are and I can just run after them. I used to always fall down on the second jump there, or not being able to initiate it because cat was stuck in combat mode and everyone jumped and got into combat on the other side. Thankfully, I finally manage to jump okay, and just tell people my bar is still grayed out, so if they pull, I'll just wait out that fight. In Thrasher, I always get acid on the cat, so have to stand there for ages before I can climb a wall.

In addition, the cutscenes will kill you if you watch them, as they trigger in the worst possible times, and do not stop the action. And the bidding panels close of the already limited real estate on the screen while you are trying to move to the next boss, or even when you fight!

(Shrug) I can't really remember a single thing I like about a single dungeon. In WSTOR, they at least had hilarious voice-overs from the bosses, and the raid was fun because you did it 3 or 4 x a week with the nice folks on VO. It was actually interesting to try to get the things right. Here, you have to do to much of it, and it is just a horrible experience.

That's why I keep silent and hope nobody sees me do something terribly wrong while the nightmare goes one.

lol no..

We have enuff with haters in dungeons... some of them without a basic education.

u think this gonna work and ur point look nice.. but the true is not.. is not gonna work, ppl will defame without a reason, because (not all but a big %) of this comunity, is a toxic one.

sry for my english.

No matter how you word or make changes to the idea of a system like this, there will always be a way for someone to break the boundaries of it's intent and turn it into something negative that ultimately amounts to shaming another player for what may not even be intended as bad behavior. While people who cuss others out, AFK, and are toxic are more than a nuisance, I don't trust the community of this game enough to be given a tool like this. I'm uncomfortable with the fact that we're even being given a DPS meter due the kind of nonsense I've put up with in Aion, and this community is about ten times worse than Aion's  (And that only because Aion's mechanics prevent people from doing a few things that I'm sure they'd no doubt revel in if they could get away with them)

Even if you give no option for negative feedback, lack of positive feedback will be as good as stamping "noob" on a character's forehead just because they don't have the experience to run a dungeon yet, or didn't meet the -exact- standards some people set in dungeons. The bar is already set high enough what with AP requirements, and likely now, DPS requirements with the DPS meter coming out. We just don't need another excuse to exclude others, because ultimately it WON'T be the AFKers or the toxic people who get the kick in the pants. It will be the people who honestly want to try, or are struggling to learn, or who become bewildered by the mechanics even though they have done research and listen as close as they can to explanations.

inb4 "If you can't do it then maybe blade and soul isn't for you"

Because, to be honest....there aren't many skilled players willing to teach, or who have the patience to teach. I'm happy that there ARE people like that who do want to teach, and I myself try to emulate that by learning as much as I can from those teachers in order to bring it back to my own clan. However, there is also another side to this- there are many skilled players who have no patience for others, and can also be defined as toxic, are also the ones cussing people out....and are also AFKing in lower level dungeons like Brightstone, and they will be the ones who receive positive feedback because they CAN do the higher level content...yet their label will not define their behavior. It will only define skill. And if you don't have that skill, they will judge you harsly.

You can say "This system is only for x situation" all you want, but as human beings, we already know that people will not abide by the original intention, and there are too many variables that allow this to be misused.

Not to mention the fact that someone could easily make multiple accounts, use more than one computer, and +up their own rating.

10 minutes ago, Inugami said:

inb4 "If you can't do it then maybe blade and soul isn't for you"

I just wanted to add that BnS has more than the dungeons, but the dungeons are a required content in order to do stuff like OW PvP or even arenas (need levels and books) or do the story comfortably. There are plenty of reasons to do a dungeon once in a  while, with your eyes shut tight and just hoping for the best even when you know you are terrible at it.

In all games there is content you hate doing in order to access content you love doing. So, there will always be folks like me, who struggle but have to be there.

Just adding the profile picture as a grand example. People abused it like mad and little did they care about the rest of the community. It's all about them. They don't give a flying *cricket*. Do you really think they wouldnt find a way around? It took them less than thirty minutes to upload porn images as their profile pic or anything else which makes me question their true mental age. Handing them a feature that enables them to spread their own unhappy life and belittle others would definitely harm the part of the community who just want to enjoy their time in Blade&Soul.

It's a shame that such behavior has become a standard. I'm taking back the suggestions at this point.

@Domi if you happen to play on Windrest EU, I happily take you with us through runs.

8 minutes ago, Chikki said:

@Domi if you happen to play on Windrest EU, I happily take you with us through runs.

Thank you. I am in NA, and I run with my guild on the days I decide to run daily challenges & they are all used to my goofiness  :) I do pug level 45 content when I need mats.

Thing is most of the people that play this are mmo players anyways, and the dungeons here are not different then anything you find anywhere else in mmo land.  Doesn't matter if you played TERA SWTOR WoW or any of them dungeons are all built the same nothing new nothing different. Kill npcs leading up to boss get to boss, the boss will spam AOE because nothing new about that. Fight boss kill before AOE kills everyone rinse and repeat the next 3 boss finish dungon. The only difference is how to get to the boss the boss fights well they are all the same and if you played mmos before I am sure you fought a boss with the same mechanics as the ones here.

They are very different from SWTOR, because in SWTOR we had a trinity, and you could specialize in a role.  We also had a sign-up schedule in my guild, and if you did the Operations 2-4x a week, you were in a perfectly fine gear really fast. It was super-social, as everything was on VoiP. Going on an Op was fun and friendly. Before every boss pull, the raid lead stopped, made sure everyone was up to speed on the mechanics, and if not, we'd sit through the full explanation. We'd call  buff/debuffs on VoiP, tank swaps, heals needs, etc. Here it's everyone for him/herself, there is no VoiP, and you are expected to run the dungeons by the dozen on a daily basis.

Archived