LET'S GET JP/CN/KR AV ALLOWED/Integrated

Ciocolici

Hello guys!

First, I've never EVER been that one guy which started something. Second, my native language is romanian, not english, so please excuse my grammar (english in my third language, in fact). And third, I don't expect to see many people answering to this, but hell.. I just got the opportunity to do something. At least I can say I tried.. And... This last month the forum community went so so sooo down, being extremely arrogant and blaming everything.. let's try to be united and change things. The way we just changed the 7 days wait for character delete, to 12 hours.

Now that I'm done with my "introduction", I'll start saying why do we need the JP/KR/CN Voices. There are 4 reasons that I find.

1. The english ones ARE HORRIBLE. No offense intended, NCSoft. The last game that I played with worse acting was... let me see... Silent Hill (the first one). Since then, and that game is pretty damn old, I haven't played a game with so bad voice act. There was one guy who made a post about the last content's voice acts. He had so much right.

2. IMMERSION. This is the best and most important reason. The english audio has not voice cover for most of the quests, only for the yellow(story) ones (and from them there are many sentences missing) and some of the class ones. But, the JP/KR/CN has EVERY DIALOGUE OUT THERE VOICED!!! Even when NPCs doesn't speak with you, there is so much fun. It really makes you feel you are the one in the adventure. You are the protagonist!! You get interested in the blue quests too!! And you will stop smashing the F button, bored to death of the same repetitive quests. Why? Because you will get interested in the story behing them! You'll start wondering what will happen next. The quest "go, kill that guy, come back" will not be the usual "blah, let's finish it fast and level up", but "OMG, that kung fu sensei told me!! I need to do it!".

3. In a world of people using blades, throwing shurikens at people, jumping from a mountain to another and stuff like that, the asian language fits perfect. The english voices feel like you are watching a dubbed anime. In an asiatic themed video game, the english voice doesn't fit well.

4. ANIME. For real now. You have the possibility of making the best *hentai* chick out there, but you hear no japanese? That's so sad.

What should we do? Talk about it! Here. This will be the general thread about it. Stop being lazy! It's not hard typing 2 words, if you really want it.

And now, why am I doing this? Because I have hope. I've just spoken with someone from the support team, and after speaking with him for a while (and yes, he told me the actual voice packs are not allowed by NCSoft, he said quote "changing the Voice Pack using unofficial files or programs is a violation on our User Agreement since the game client will be compromised and modified. ").

.....he said this sentence, which gave me a lot of hope:

"I'll be glad to do what I can to pass along that information you've provided to proper department for evaluation."

And then he told me I should talk to people in forums about it, because "This is the best place to discuss your ideas with fellow players who can voice their feedback and suggestions. These can then be forwarded to the development team from there.".

The devs will *hear it* and do it, if many people want it.

Again, I don't expect many people answering to my thread, but I am SURE the whole Blade & Soul community wants the asian voices.

I hope we can make it real!

3 minutes ago, Hinotama000 said:

Or we can have it to where people can choose what language of voices they want to hear by putting it as an option. That way, everyone can have what they want.

That's what I meany with this post.

Sorry if I didn't make myself understood. ^^,

3 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

stuff

We dont need JP/KR/CN voice actor options though, its a waste of time. How much of the NA/EU server population even speaks or understands these languages, too many weebs who just need the shrilly sound of japanese women to feel complete in thier make believe "anime" world.

Oh im sorry, you said korean and chinese too? yeah, because i bet so many people will use that voice pack. Wait, wheres my RU language pack? why do they get left out?

1) personal opinion, they vary, its mostly the cheesy script NA decided to butcher the story into in the interest of "localisation"

2) if your immersion hinges on npcs talking in languages you / most of the population doesnt understand then, yeah..

"The quest "go, kill that guy, come back" will not be the usual "blah, let's finish it fast and level up", but "OMG, that kung fu sensei told me!! I need to do it!".

no, it will be "wibble wobble wib wobble wobble" because who actually has a JP/KR/CN vocabulary and understands more than 5-6 words in japanese? i hardly doubt changing up the voice actors to unintelligible foriegn languages will make killing 20 ploggles quests etc more exciting.

3) "the asian language fits perfect" right... that "A" word again, see below

4) this isnt an anime, it had an anime series, just like dead space did. but its not an anime, its not even japanese its korean..

and hooray for hentai i guess?

"but i am sure the whole bns community wants the asian voices"

no, they dont. what they most like want is

1) hackers and bots to be dealt with

2) weapon upgrade paths to be greatly reduced

How about you download the voice packs instead of trying to create some forum movement to make developers waste time?

@Coremancer

I'll waste my time answering to your post. Why do I do that? Don't ask me.

"We dont need JP/KR/CN voice actor options though, its a waste of time. How much of the NA/EU server population even speaks or understands these languages, too many weebs who just need the shrilly sound of japanese women to feel complete in thier make believe "anime" world.

Oh im sorry, you said korean and chinese too? yeah, because i bet so many people will use that voice pack. Wait, wheres my RU language pack? why do they get left out? "

The asian language packs have all quests voiced. That's why we need it. Ok. We make it in russian. Are you happy now? If all quests would've been voice acted, then I would've not bothered that much. I ask for a legal way to change the game's language to the other regions. When you watch a show with eng./ru/whatever subtitles, but the voices are in japanese, do you need to understand the respective language? You have subtitles. I didn't say I want the GAME to be in japanese/korean/chinese. I am talking about the voices. And, you guys already have a russian server, right? What are you guys even doing here? If I had a romanian server, I'd be there. I swear. I wouldn't go to RU servers to cry there's not romanian pack. *period*

You are being rude, with that statement " too many weebs who just need the shrilly sound of japanese women to feel complete in thier make believe "anime" world.  ". It's not about that. Why are you even here? I don't understand. Why does the fact that we want an option to change the audio language even bother you? I want to play the game with asian audio, because I'm a freak, an anime geek, do you have a problem with that? The forum rules stop me so much from saying what I want to. And I have an education, something you're missing.

"2) if your immersion hinges on npcs talking in languages you / most of the population doesnt understand then, yeah..

"The quest "go, kill that guy, come back" will not be the usual "blah, let's finish it fast and level up", but "OMG, that kung fu sensei told me!! I need to do it!".

no, it will be "wibble wobble wib wobble wobble" because who actually has a JP/KR/CN vocabulary and understands more than 5-6 words in japanese? i hardly doubt changing up the voice actors to unintelligible foriegn languages will make killing 20 ploggles quests etc more exciting."

It's about the fact that the quests are voice acted. In-game, while questing, I care about the story. That's what makes me play games. The story. It's not about the fact that the language is an asian language, but the fact you hear somebody talking while speaking with the NPC. It make you get in the story, feel the experience. Things you can't feel. I understand that. I'm not gonna repeat myself. No, not for you at least.

"4) this isnt an anime, it had an anime series, just like dead space did. but its not an anime, its not even japanese its korean..

and hooray for hentai i guess?"

The story and the action in-game, and everything about it, takes place in an asian fictive world. With characters anime-like. That's why I said the asian languages fit more than english one. You understand only what you want to.

""but i am sure the whole bns community wants the asian voices"

no, they dont. what they most like want is

1) hackers and bots to be dealt with

2) weapon upgrade paths to be greatly reduced"

Should we DELETE every subject on this forum because the game has bots and other problems? Let's all talk ONLY about that. Really, dude? This thread is not about bots, it's about language packs, AV, however you wanna call it. If you wanna talk about bots, then please go and make a thread about it. Don't talk about it here. I know the community wants that. But that's not the subject here.

"How about you download the voice packs instead of trying to create some forum movement to make developers waste time?"

Because: "(...) changing the Voice Pack using unofficial files or programs is a violation on our User Agreement since the game client will be compromised and modified. Our Surveillance Team monitor the game regularly and they sanction accounts that bypass the game systems or modify it. I hope this clarifies your concern. "

Thanks for ruining my mood, thanks that you gave me a kick in the ass, that's what you guys know best to do. This is the FIRST and LAST time when I try to make something good, to start something for the community. I don't care anymore. Thank you!! That's what I get, for being naive. I come from the WoW community, how could I forget....

I am sorry if my thread bothered you. Have a good night!

I actually agree with you 100%. I didn't understand a word said on the TW server but I will say this, the voice acting in that game and the emotion it had in the tones made the story more emmersive for me. And you nailed it when you mentioned English dubed anime. 

Don't be discouraged. We fought long and hard about this topic long before our version was released. Between the localization and the English dub, it was a nightmare.
The voice packs are HUGE files. And NCwest seems very reluctant to support it at all. 90% sure they never will.

However, using voice packs are NOT ban-able at all. As long as you're using an official voice pack and not screwing around with the files (ex: making your own voiceover and putting that in the mix lol).

I sound like a broken record already, but NCwest has stated numerous times that you WILL be allowed to use voice packs - they will just not give you any technical support if you screw up your client by using the voice pack. So they are turning a blind eye to it because they know how important the original voice acting is to long time fans, and also they ARE official NCsoft BnS files. It does not affect gameplay or any other player.

I have been using the Korean voice pack since release, and it has worked 100% perfectly even until now. I will not play the game without it. Visit the Blade & Soul Dojo for information about how to properly apply the voice pack of your choice.

7 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

However, using voice packs are NOT ban-able at all. As long as you're using an official voice pack and not screwing around with the files (ex: making your own voiceover and putting that in the mix lol).

But I talked about it in a very long ticket with a member of the support team. His last sentence (before he told me to try making a forum thread about it) was: "As we previously mentioned, changing the Voice Pack using unofficial files or programs is a violation on our User Agreement since the game client will be compromised and modified. Our Surveillance Team monitor the game regularly and they sanction accounts that bypass the game systems or modify it. I hope this clarifies your concern."

By the way, I appreciate your, how can I call it, support? I really do appreciate every dude that posts in this thread. (:

4 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

"...changing the Voice Pack using unofficial files or programs..."

That's the thing I was talking about. Changing a voice pack involves using OFFICIAL files. There is no file modification or use of unofficial files.
Some people have mentioned getting mixed info from support regarding this. But we have been promised by the top community staff members on these forums, the dojo, and twitter that they will allow us to use voice packs from other regions. They will just not support it themselves.

If they ever go against their word and start banning people for it, they would have a HUGE disaster on their hands.

3 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

That's the thing I was talking about. Changing a voice pack involves using OFFICIAL files. There is no file modification or use of unofficial files.
Some people have mentioned getting mixed info from support regarding this. But we have been promised by the top community staff members on these forums, the dojo, and twitter that they will allow us to use voice packs from other regions. They will just not support it themselves.

If they ever go against their word and start banning people for it, they would have a HUGE disaster on their hands.

Oh, so the support team is like "Hey, do it, but... you know, we can't say that. You're free to do it, but I can't say something like that lol. Like... subliminal"

I say that, because I just remember, he said this, which is in TOTAL contradictory:

"(...) changing the Voice will fall under personal choice of the user. " - which is like *use it, but at your own risk*

and then, he said: "There is a chance that you may be caught by the Development Team and get banned if you are proven that you changed the Voice Pack.", just after he said the first sentence, in the same post. Which is kind of contradictory. *You are free to use it, but you can get banned.* It's like telling a raper he can go *cricket* whoever he wants, but then he's got the risk of getting caught and sent to jail.

But, as I said, I now think that they're trying to say it subliminal *use it, but stop bothering us about it. we just can't say it straight*

10 minutes ago, Belly Da Melly said:

Thought they said before the game got released that we are getting JP KR CN voice packs but not on release, whatever happened to that statement???

They were originally considering it. But in the end changed their minds for whatever reason - part of which is because putting together voice packs as separate downloads or even part of the client would just be way too much work. Not only would our client size be ridiculous (each voice pack is about 2gb, which would add 6+gb to the client), they would also have to go through the trouble of updating all the voice packs as well as the English one as time goes on. I understand how unrealistic that is and is probably the main reason they didn't go through with that.

So instead they said they will allow us to use them but not support it officially etc etc. The majority of these conversations happened with the staff via the Dojo, but they have restated this a few times on the official forums as well. They haven't and won't make a big deal about it though because most of the playerbase won't know or care about playing BnS in any language but English. 

Just now, Ciocolici said:

Oh, so the support team is like "Hey, do it, but... you know, we can't say that. You're free to do it, but I can't say something like that lol. Like... subliminal"*

Yep that's exactly it lol

They can't really say you can use it flat out because then other people might think they can alter whatever files they want (which is totally not good). So this one particular thing they will turn a blind eye to. Other things though are definitely ban-able.

And the funny part is the voices packs ARE in the game files. NC is just not making them available for some reason.

But yeah to whoever is arguing that we don't need them, this isn't about needing them or not, this is about playing/enjoying this piece of art in its original version.

Would you watch Amelie Poulin in english?

Would you watch Iron Man in spanish?

Would you watch SAO in russian?

Heck would you hear a Metallica concert where they've translated their songs and they sing them in Japanese?

Same applies to BnS, most of us (yes we're THAT community) want the Korean voices (and some japanese cause THEY didn't mess up the dub) with english subtitles. (or french or german or w/e)

Video games are art, and art, like food, is best appreciated in its original form.

Just now, Lelouis said:

And the funny part is the voices packs ARE in the game files. NC is just not making them available for some reason.

But yeah to whoever is arguing that we don't need them, this isn't about needing them or not, this is about playing/enjoying this piece of art in its original version.

Would you watch Amelie Poulin in english?

Would you watch Iron Man in spanish?

Would you watch SAO in russian?

Heck would you hear a Metallica concert where they've translated their songs and they sing them in Japanese?

Same applies to BnS, most of us (yes we're THAT community) want the Korean voices (and some japanese cause THEY didn't mess up the dub) with english subtitles. (or french or german or w/e)

Video games are art, and art, like food, is best appreciated in its original form.

I couldn't say it better!! So much truth!! Respect!

1 minute ago, Lelouis said:

Amen to that!! <3

6 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

The devs will *hear it* and do it, if many people want it.

They have already made an official stand on this, and NO, they will not spend time/resources on doing it.

But they also did said they will allow fan subs, as in the case of English subs in CN/TW clients, but it is 100% up to the play base to do this work on their own, as posted in this thread.

oho, sunt perfect de acord.

English sub/text/gold mission + japan sound on action , npc, bosses i fink will more great

p.s. - and if NCSoft will decide to do gift with unlock ip block to Moldova will be great (

The problems with English dub in this game:

-Only main story gets voiced. The rest is just a world of silence. The game is old, but not that old to be voiceless. Every other region has their versions voiced, so this is just shows how lack of efforts NCWest spends on for Western players. If you want to feel the difference, just try out a voice pack (or another regional server, if you're scared of being banned), try to play for a while and talk to every NPCs you meet. Your immersion will greatly be boosted even if you don't understand what they say, I assure.

-Some bosses actually shout out their moves, and you can react accordingly. Take Mushin, for example. In BnS NA/EU, you can only try to interrupt Mushin first shadow's phantom grip by paying attention on his voiceless chat text or his animation. Meanwhile, with JP voice, you can immediately react by CC him before he grips you the moment you heard him shouting out his skill.

-The quality of English dubbing is very bad. Try to hear that guy in Soulstone Plains during Capturing Phase just before the boss fight. "Charge. Get the soulstones" - extremely monotone, sleepy and script-reading voice, completely unfit to someone who commands a battle. This is a reason why people want to use other region's voice pack, as they are made a lot more professionally. Try to listen to Doduri's JP voice when you first meet her in Hogshead Pasture, and you will know what BnS NA has really missed.

Clearly the admins/developpers haven't played their own version of the game. Because if they did and they entered the poharan/hae mujin instance they would know how ridiculous the voice acting is. A 2 metre tall, buff black destroyer screaming "enemy raaaaaid" in a high pitched voice like a castrated little boy makes no sense whatsoever. Same goes for all the other small stuff that NPC's say.

I for one DO understand japanese and would appreciate if I could change it to that language. English just isn't appealing in such an eastern game.

Archived