LET'S GET JP/CN/KR AV ALLOWED/Integrated

Ciocolici

I would love to have an option to chose Korean voice at install. While I do not understand the language, it would add to the authenticity of the experience. It can also be easily mixed and matched.

I played a few BioWARE games that used invented languages to fill in the VA gaps. Jade Empire used 'Old Tongue' between the English VA, and SWTOR uses a few Alien languages for alien NPCs.

It works very well and adds to the feel of the multidimensional world.

Plus, yes, VA in English is not that great.

I wouldn't mind to listen to original voices in the cutscene and dialogues, so they could add some option to download/activate different voice packs, so just who is really interested will download it and who is not won't be forced to download several MBs or even GBs of unwanted content.

Just I'm wondering if in localization for west they only changed audio files or also video files to synchronize mouth movement with speech. In this second case I'm afraid an additional content will be quite big :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2016 at 2:54 AM, Lelouis said:

And the funny part is the voices packs ARE in the game files. NC is just not making them available for some reason.

But yeah to whoever is arguing that we don't need them, this isn't about needing them or not, this is about playing/enjoying this piece of art in its original version.

Would you watch Amelie Poulin in english?

Would you watch Iron Man in spanish?

Would you watch SAO in russian?

Heck would you hear a Metallica concert where they've translated their songs and they sing them in Japanese?

Same applies to BnS, most of us (yes we're THAT community) want the Korean voices (and some japanese cause THEY didn't mess up the dub) with english subtitles. (or french or german or w/e)

Video games are art, and art, like food, is best appreciated in its original form.

Yes watch iron man in Spanish bec I am :v

Anyways I think there's no more to argue, they said no UNOFFICIAL, just get the voices from the region you want and solved, they're official. 

I have Japanese and I'm really happy with it Poharan in English gave me cancer and the vault keeper from deva town got on my nerves everytime he talked, what an annoying voice lol. 

18 hours ago, Yuzuko said:

I'm in.. I was blocked yesterday for using Japanese voiceover (for cca 3 months) so I think I shouldn't use them anymore. But i WANT to use them...

Signed!

I don't believe you... I .. can't. I just can't.

There's something wrong with what you said. Something's fishy about it.

Yesterday I was reading an interview that was taken before the launch, and they said the accept the VP from their OFFICIAL region clients, but will not support it.

What you say doesn't fit

Well, trust me or not.. It's up to you... I was blocked "due to suspicious activity" and then they mailed me it is because "using 3rd party software". Only unoriginal thing I was using was Japanese VO from bladeandsouldojo.com. I really don't know if you tried the Japanese voiceover by yourself, but i was using it seriously for at least 3 months.

55 minutes ago, Yuzuko said:

Well, trust me or not.. It's up to you... I was blocked "due to suspicious activity" and then they mailed me it is because "using 3rd party software". Only unoriginal thing I was using was Japanese VO from bladeandsouldojo.com. I really don't know if you tried the Japanese voiceover by yourself, but i was using it seriously for at least 3 months.

„One thing that didn't come together for me while playing Blade & Soul was the English voice cast. I'm not a big fan of dubbing in the first place - I prefer to play games with their domestic voice casts - but the voice work presented wasn't the greatest. It's the kind of thing where I just cringe a bit and move on.  

Luckily, NCSoft is looking to let players add in the original Korean voice work. Unfortunately, that won't be a simply toggle within the game. 

"It's not going to be an option that's in the game," said Corcoran when asked about the original voice work. "We will provide the voice packs. We're working on a number of them, so we can't confirm which ones exactly yet. We'll share those and how to implement them. People will be able to do that, but it won't be an option where you can just click and choose." 

Yep, PC players will have to get in there and do a slight bit of modding if they want to hear the original voices in Blade & Soul. It's a shame that it's not a toggle, but I'm glad NCSoft realized that it would be a big issue for some of the more fervent fans.”                   (SOURCE)

There should be something else you did.

Contact the support team, show them the fact that the VPs are not forbidden (they should know that already anyway) and ask them to explain to you what kind of 3rd  party software you used. They should be providing information.

On 09/05/2016 at 7:38 PM, Coremancer said:

We dont need JP/KR/CN voice actor options though, its a waste of time. How much of the NA/EU server population even speaks or understands these languages, too many weebs who just need the shrilly sound of japanese women to feel complete in thier make believe "anime" world.

Oh im sorry, you said korean and chinese too? yeah, because i bet so many people will use that voice pack. Wait, wheres my RU language pack? why do they get left out?

1) personal opinion, they vary, its mostly the cheesy script NA decided to butcher the story into in the interest of "localisation"

2) if your immersion hinges on npcs talking in languages you / most of the population doesnt understand then, yeah..

"The quest "go, kill that guy, come back" will not be the usual "blah, let's finish it fast and level up", but "OMG, that kung fu sensei told me!! I need to do it!".

no, it will be "wibble wobble wib wobble wobble" because who actually has a JP/KR/CN vocabulary and understands more than 5-6 words in japanese? i hardly doubt changing up the voice actors to unintelligible foriegn languages will make killing 20 ploggles quests etc more exciting.

3) "the asian language fits perfect" right... that "A" word again, see below

4) this isnt an anime, it had an anime series, just like dead space did. but its not an anime, its not even japanese its korean..

and hooray for hentai i guess?

"but i am sure the whole bns community wants the asian voices"

no, they dont. what they most like want is

1) hackers and bots to be dealt with

2) weapon upgrade paths to be greatly reduced

How about you download the voice packs instead of trying to create some forum movement to make developers waste time?

I do, and besides you can just read the subtitles, because original voice pleases more some players them others.

Its fun as hell hear "ENEMY RAID!!" on that akward voice, but not everything is fun, speaking for myself, poharan original voice is better for me. But i think Yura english is better.

16 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

There should be something else you did.

Contact the support team, show them the fact that the VPs are not forbidden (they should know that already anyway) and ask them to explain to you what kind of 3rd  party software you used. They should be providing information.

Yes, they "should" be providing informations, but they don't.. I will ask them again because I WANT to know for what I was banned... For using Kaspersky antivirus, which (of course) monitors every internet communication? For using Bloody software because I have bloody mouse (even without using macros)? Or they just banned me for nothing like a lot of people that are now complaining about banning wave on Monday? I have no idea what I did... As I said, the only thing which can be considered as some violation of the rules can be using Japanese VO...

Archived