Avalanche Den Mechanics Guide needed

Passel

Anyone is kind enough to share the mechanics in Avalanche Den Dungeons?

Today, I stepped in this Den for the first time with a premade group and failed two times.

third time barely made it with  pugs team D:

I was told not to grab, trip and stun the boss but my skills spec is mostly doing that?

thanks

There's Paci's guide. It's a touch more abridged, so it's the one I recommend to start with:

There's also this 'cheat sheet' that goes into way more detail on attack patterns and strategies you can check out (see Yeti Cave tab): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/htmlview?sle=true

Extra videos of successful runs are decent references too, so try doing some search for these too.

12 minutes ago, Passel said:

well this is a pro guide.

do you have something like noob guide?

such as what to do and what not to do :D

More basic and more into detail is pretty much not possible. If this is still to "pro" for you, then you should not join this dungeon via F8, because you will mess up the run and the whole party will have a horrible experience.

I read the guide and watch a few video of Yeti fight.

To summarize the mechanics, just avoid the ice pool and iframe on aoe attack.

btw, I don,t go around and tell other what you should do and what you shouldn't because I am nobody.

My breakdown on Yeti might be too simplistic, but here goes nothing.

Noob guide (not meant for pros):

1. Just attack Yeti. (He likes jumping so watch out.)

2. He'll heat grab. If you are the tank just let him grab you. If you aren't, just wait out the stun and then run to where Yeti throws the tank to remove freezing debuff or move to the geyser under yeti before the timer hits zero.

3. On the last heat grab (at <50% hp) he won't throw anyone, but you'll still get the freezing debuff.

4. Before the debuff timer hits zero, get near the yeti for the geyser to remove the debuff.

5. Attack Yeti.

6. He'll do a cold grab so prepare to iframe twice.

7. At around 33% 23% and 13% HP he'll drop icicles (6-8?).

8. Have the tank attack while everyone else stands in ice (or throw fire which you get from killing the fungi). Try to get rid of all the ice before his HP drops to 30%, 20%, or 10%.

9. Refer to 6. If he manages to get ice then prepare to iframe more (max 8).

10. Kill yeti.

So this is my take on yeti and I could be wrong at certain points, but it has worked well for me in 6-man.

Yeti attack pattern is pretty simple > 2 hits,massive stun in front of him with the 2 hands(the hit box is really huge),then he will do small jump/smash or he will run backward and jump unless you close the distance.If you don't let him jump on you he will then try to throw you away(first 2 attacks you can easly run behind him him as they are front aoes but this one you can't- either iframe or block).If you let him jump hes attack pattern reset.It's really simple mechanic.

at 39% or lower he will attempt to freeze everyone and then 1 shot them - either iframe this attack or if you have Summ/FM they can group protect.

at 33% he will spawn ice circles(8) either stop dps and keep him above 30% or if you have FM he can protect te group from all 8 slams.

Btw the heat buff from yeti give attack.So when he jump and smash the ground try to be on the heating area for it.It does help with the dps.

@ 90%, 70% and 50% he will jump to the middle and suck everyone in. Either iframe it or ss/tab after you get sucked in. He will jump at the aggro the first time. While he is doing the animation  for the 2nd jump, double cc him. Stun is fastest. It can be done while he's charging up for the jump or while in midair. If he got cc properly, he will do an instant kill jump, but it won't kill you unless you're at low health. Run to the fire pool under him to remove ice debuff + get a dmg buff. Never grab/root him.

@40%, 30%, and 10%ish he will jump back to the middle. He will do a suck in animation, ignore it. Iframe the second one or you will die to the jump that follows. After that he will rain ice pools. You either have people run to the 7 of the ice pools or have a fm iframe all 8 aoes that follows(using sheath to save everyone from last 2-3). It uses the same pattern as the 40% animations. He will always do at least 1 aoe, so don't bother getting the last ice pool. Repeat till dead.

You can grab him on knockdown, but if you do you have to throw him down right away. Never root him during his phases because it'll delay his attacks, confuse the entire party, cause mistiming on iframes, and cause a wipe.

Force Master can use Frost Sheath, Summoner can use Enhanced Dandelion or Assassin can use Decoy, and Blade Master can use Winged Protector (Hongmoon skill) or Blade Dancer can use Maelstrom (Hongmoon skill) to protect the party from certain death on Yeti's phases. However, Frost Sheath doesn't work against the ground pound if already frozen.

On top of it all, it also depends on your class.

Tank has a very different roll than dps and even dps are different. As a FM myself, my role is different than other dps classes because I am expected to frost sheath everyone during cold phase.

I would say stick with 6men, and then run with frds/clannies to practice 4men or if you are confident (not me) just go 4men pug. I could do fine with clannies 4men, but that's cuz they are OPed and was carrying me. It was very frustrating because I kept frost sheath at the wrong time, but I finally figure it out the crux and didn't fk up. Practice makes it perfect.

The 2 biggest mistake people make or don't know are:

1. Summoners -- please don't grab him (meaning your #1 skill) because it may screw up his rotation or delay his atk. I literally respec my Grabbing Thorns to Weed Whack just so I don't accidentally grab him.

2. Most of the failed party I have been in that failed is because they don't rid of the ice pool after the icicle drop; hence, he gets all 8 cruxes and well, you know what happened next.

Just now, Shadovvv said:

You mean root? Rooting and grabbing are two different terminologies.

Both of which achieve the similar result of screwing with boss rotation, making things harder. In this context, they're pretty much the same and shouldn't be used.

7 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

1. Summoners -- please don't grab him (meaning your #1 skill) because it may screw up his rotation or delay his atk. I literally respec my Grabbing Thorns to Weed Whack just so I don't accidentally grab him.

You mean root? Rooting and grabbing are two different terminologies.

BTW, how do you people usually deal with ice pools? In my early attempts, I used to run towards them to get rid of them. That works OK if more people does it... otherwise, I've begun to believe that the mushroom method is potentially faster. For the 10% one, though, I tend to stick with DPS if I feel we can kill Yeti before the freeze.

Archived