Sign in to follow this  
Tupac Shakur

Daily Challenge Yeti Avalanche AGAIN? This is ridiculous

Recommended Posts

Sure it's a simple dungeon. Pretty simple boss mechanics once you've done it a couple of times but guess what? it's NOT PUG FRIENDLY WHATSOEVER and yes before you ask, I have done it in a few PUGs before but the chances are very slim.

 

I've spent over 1 hour 20 minutes at Yeti, getting him to 20-30% HP then the groups dead/he enrages because you let players with 360-380 AP join, die a few times, leave, more join who're slightly better AP-wise, die, leave and ON TOP OF THAT, due to its mechanics, even the players with 500 AP are failing basic mechanics like getting grabbed while they're tanking and standing near the group so they get the fire buff - but no that's too difficult for them AND the players who don't know how to look at where the tank got thrown to stack on them for the buff, so we get frozen and die. gg

 

Ice phase - kill mushrooms (in pugs) and throw fireballs at the ice circles or take one for the team, etc - too difficult for pugs. 

 

On top of PUGs not being able to iframe the bosses huge AOE's/one-shot mechanics, their damage isn't good enough to beat the enrage, you know why?

 

Because the way NCsoft have pushed out the new content so quickly, all the free to play players are struggling with upgrading because of the RIDICULOUS prices, so when a cool event pops up like the daily challenge, where we have a chance to get 100g/1000g TO UPGRADE our gear, we're required to choose a few dungeons/PvP/a boss, 4 out of 5? options with 1-2 of them being overtuned content FOR the average player who weren't spending crap loads on the treasure trove keys to get 500+ AP, epic gems, skill books, XP charms for HM levels, etc etc etc.

Edited by Tupac Shakur
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VRock   

lol i always go with pre-made party is so easy! 500+ AP ;D stop going with pugs

Edited by VRock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   

LFP is useless for any of the top tier heroics due to NCs refusal to implement either stat limits or a votekick.

 

Look for one of the advertised parties with a sane requirement or make your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuzu   

I still don't understand when people say "Free to play players struggle with gear".

I mean, my friend is free to play, she hasn't spent a dime on this game and is at True Pirate/True Siren and not struggling one bit when it comes to upgrading. Mind you, she only plays 3~4 hours a day as well. Why continue to use that "Free to play" label as a handicap?

Not everyone struggles the same.

 

Anyways, back on topic: Go with friends or clan mates. Stop going with pugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I agree with you all but still, try spending 2 hours in a yeti pug. Oh and not everyone has a clan/friends who're geared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMeow   
32 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Sure it's a simple dungeon. Pretty simple boss mechanics once you've done it a couple of times but guess what? it's NOT PUG FRIENDLY WHATSOEVER and yes before you ask, I have done it in a few PUGs before but the chances are very slim.

 

I've spent over 1 hour 20 minutes at Yeti, getting him to 20-30% HP then the groups dead/he enrages because you let players with 360-380 AP join, die a few times, leave, more join who're slightly better AP-wise, die, leave and ON TOP OF THAT, due to its mechanics, even the players with 500 AP are failing basic mechanics like getting grabbed while they're tanking and standing near the group so they get the fire buff - but no that's too difficult for them AND the players who don't know how to look at where the tank got thrown to stack on them for the buff, so we get frozen and die. gg

 

Ice phase - kill mushrooms (in pugs) and throw fireballs at the ice circles or take one for the team, etc - too difficult for pugs. 

 

On top of PUGs not being able to iframe the bosses huge AOE's/one-shot mechanics, their damage isn't good enough to beat the enrage, you know why?

 

Because the way NCsoft have pushed out the new content so quickly, all the free to play players are struggling with upgrading because of the RIDICULOUS prices, so when a cool event pops up like the daily challenge, where we have a chance to get 100g/1000g TO UPGRADE our gear, we're required to choose a few dungeons/PvP/a boss, 4 out of 5? options with 1-2 of them being overtuned content FOR the average player who weren't spending crap loads on the treasure trove keys to get 500+ AP, epic gems, skill books, XP charms for HM levels, etc etc etc.

Have you ever heard of creating a party by yourself? Jeez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 444 AP 42k hp FM and I refuse to do yetis. Too many complain about my low AP and cross severs.  First time I went in the dungeons 90% of the time first thing ppl say is "You AP is too low you shouldn't be here" and some even refuse to progress till I drop group or they will drop party.  My guild is not very active so I can't run with them. In fact I only do the blue lvl 50 dungeons since too many ppl in cross server dungeons are like that.

 

Maybe is time to move onto other games.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spongemike said:

I have 444 AP 42k hp FM and I refuse to do yetis. Too many complain about my low AP and cross severs.  First time I went in the dungeons 90% of the time first thing ppl say is "You AP is too low you shouldn't be here" and some even refuse to progress till I drop group or they will drop party.  My guild is not very active so I can't run with them. In fact I only do the blue lvl 50 dungeons since too many ppl in cross server dungeons are like that.

 

Maybe is time to move onto other games.......

444 is not at all too low for Yeti, so they are total fools and want over-geared players for a quick kill really, as I've killed him a couple of times on a warlock who was 409 AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Mind you, she only plays 3~4 hours a day as well. Why continue to use that "Free to play" label as a handicap?

Only 3-4 hours a day... that's the key problem. Having 3+ hours for a game is a very leisurely lifestyle, or you cut down your sleep hours below 7. There is just not enough hours in a day to add up sleep, commute, work, fitness, housework and still come up with 3-4 hours per day for a game. Designing a game in such a way that it requires 4 hours a day window effectively makes a game prohibitive as a pleasant hobby and turns it hour-wise in a part-time job.

 

But I think that unfortunately, the 3-4 hour estimate to run through the list of things to do to keep up is about right.

 

~ 1 hour for soulstones (Mistywoods+SSP+ Arenas)

~ 2 hours for dungeons (3 purples on whatever level you are comfortable with, w/o rush of a preset uber-group)

~ 1 hour for solo dailies and misc. such as upgrades, trading, alting, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

My cross servers parties are generally OK. I'm a summoner with 500 ap (not a p2w player) so I just  save everyone's lives during heat stage with party flower while I have heat from being tossed. Cold stage is literally half the party knows to sit on ice. So sometimes I survive to save everyone. But to be honest, party flower and fms ice thing is basically saving people from learning the mechanics. I can sometimes understand people not being unable to dodge aoe ice during cold stage cause SS is a terrible button combo. I could press SS in rapid succession 3 times (6 s's) and it still won't backstep (no it's not on cooldown). I hate summoners the most tbh. Most of them don't know you can party flower to save everyone. I even say "party flower" and there's like two summoners. But nope. I don't care about newbies, but noobs are an issue. Noobs are just people who don't listen to others. Also, with yeti you need communication because doing heat grab is technically worse, but if the tank doesn't do heat grab, who is designated ccer? Also soulburn can be used at wrong times that makes it useless. It's blah. Just stack with fms and summs and someone's gonna save your ass. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shelly said:

My cross servers parties are generally OK. I'm a summoner with 500 ap (not a p2w player) so I just  save everyone's lives during heat stage with party flower while I have heat from being tossed. Cold stage is literally half the party knows to sit on ice. So sometimes I survive to save everyone. But to be honest, party flower and fms ice thing is basically saving people from learning the mechanics. I can sometimes understand people not being unable to dodge aoe ice during cold stage cause SS is a terrible button combo. I could press SS in rapid succession 3 times (6 s's) and it still won't backstep (no it's not on cooldown). I hate summoners the most tbh. Most of them don't know you can party flower to save everyone. I even say "party flower" and there's like two summoners. But nope. I don't care about newbies, but noobs are an issue. Noobs are just people who don't listen to others. Also, with yeti you need communication because doing heat grab is technically worse, but if the tank doesn't do heat grab, who is designated ccer? Also soulburn can be used at wrong times that makes it useless. It's blah. Just stack with fms and summs and someone's gonna save your ass. 

 

 

What party flower? You mean F that heals the would party of number 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did Yeti a couple times yesterday. My first party failed because we had a 330AP summoner, and the rest are 400-460. We got wipe due to enraged.

In my 2nd PUG yeti, we were able to complete with everyone ranging from 430-480 AP and the yeti didn't go into enraged mode.

I don't think you need 500AP to do yeti; 400+ is good enough. The biggest thing that wipe most Yeti PUG party is if someone doesn't know Yeti's mechanic. That's when death comes easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ceralune   

You're right, Yeti isn't a PUG-friendly dungeon and it is a bit of a roadblock on daily challenge for some people. But aside from what other ppl are saying about how you shouldn't go alone into PUGs, mechanics, etc. there is another solution - Daily Challenge only requires 4/5 quests to be complete for you to get a reward. You can do the other four quests and leave Yeti alone if it is that painful to PUG. Now here you might complain that some of the other quests are no good either - they often include other heroics or PvP. Maybe then what you have to consider is that Daily Challenge isn't just a freebie - so, just pick the 4 quests that are the least painful to you. Also, we're only a few days in. Maybe there will be days where the daily challenge will be "impossible" for you to complete and other days where it isn't. That's just going to depend on the resources available to you - gear, people around you, and skill.

 

Whether you can complete daily challenge every day vs. only a few days is going to depend on your access to those resources. If they intended to have daily challenge be a freebie to -everyone- we wouldn't even be having this discussion. They would make daily challenge composed of easy, lower level dungeons and that would be that.

Edited by Ceralune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMeow   
14 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Only 3-4 hours a day... that's the key problem. Having 3+ hours for a game is a very leisurely lifestyle, or you cut down your sleep hours below 7. There is just not enough hours in a day to add up sleep, commute, work, fitness, housework and still come up with 3-4 hours per day for a game. Designing a game in such a way that it requires 4 hours a day window effectively makes a game prohibitive as a pleasant hobby and turns it hour-wise in a part-time job.

 

But I think that unfortunately, the 3-4 hour estimate to run through the list of things to do to keep up is about right.

 

~ 1 hour for soulstones (Mistywoods+SSP+ Arenas)

~ 2 hours for dungeons (3 purples on whatever level you are comfortable with, w/o rush of a preset uber-group)

~ 1 hour for solo dailies and misc. such as upgrades, trading, alting, etc

Sadly to have 'everything' done you need more time. The Shogun / Yeti4 / Cold Storage / Necro4 / Frozen Fang4 takes at least 2 hours altogether with a good group, i'd say more like 2.5hrs. Mushin's tower 5-8 is 20 mins, 9-14 is an hour. We are at ~4 hours now. SSP + Mysti = 1 hour, Harvest depending on your luck 20 or 40 minutes. Then there's the Lodge, Bog and some minor dailies for another 1.5 hours. We are at 7 hours now only doing the daily chores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   
9 minutes ago, spongemike said:

What party flower? You mean F that heals the would party of number 3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

I can't seem to type anything after quote. I mean dandelion. But for party. Don't know the key set up to tell you cause I changed all my key bindings. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YamiKokennin said:

It's 4F. The enhanced Seed Shroud (T2S1)

Thanks!!! See I got a summoner but never knew what's the skill call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spongemike said:

What party flower? You mean F that heals the would party of number 3?

It's 4F. The enhanced Seed Shroud (T2S1)

Edited by YamiKokennin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

I PUG yeti every day for my daily, and don't have any issues. Just don't use the automatic matching :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never use the LFP button unless you want to have a bad time. It's way easier & faster to join some pt with requirements or create your own pt. Maybe it takes 5 min till ppl with adequate stats will join, but you save 20 min or so failing dung...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheMeow said:

Sadly to have 'everything' done you need more time. The Shogun / Yeti4 / Cold Storage / Necro4 / Frozen Fang4 takes at least 2 hours altogether with a good group, i'd say more like 2.5hrs. Mushin's tower 5-8 is 20 mins, 9-14 is an hour. We are at ~4 hours now. SSP + Mysti = 1 hour, Harvest depending on your luck 20 or 40 minutes. Then there's the Lodge, Bog and some minor dailies for another 1.5 hours. We are at 7 hours now only doing the daily chores.

Oh, I am still in the level 45 time allocations then. I had a day off yesterday, and played for 4 to 5 hours total, and I felt like I am actually getting somewhere at some point....

 

It's not so much that overall you cannot just power through the gearing process, it is that I kind of feel like I am juggling bits and pieces, and never really catch up on the whole thing. While gold has that universal value in the game (or almost), I simply cannot either make enough of it, or collect enough of the bits. In a way I almost like soulstones, because they at least remain the same, not change from green soulstones to blue soulstones to yellow ones....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zorz767   

I entered Yeti first time ever today, because I needed it to complete daily challenge (the other choice was Naryu lab...). I looked up the guide, but still I was out of place all the time and got frozen several times. Still the party finished it with lot of time on the timer. And despite of the fact I played terribly, I lost only 1 dragonblood. It wasn't hard to stay alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, your name is the same as an uber-super-first-completion-in-the-world kindda guild from another MMO, so I was wondering if you are a kind of a player that really can't exemplify the rest of us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this